Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

I Want To Cook Something Different Today. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Want To Cook Something Different Today. (2006 Views)

How To Cook Egusi Soup (the Caking Method) / How To Cook Recession Rice By Heraldng / How To Cook Ewa Adalu: Corn And Beans; I Bet Some People Can Relate With This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2015
Today is Saturday and I want to cook something different just to add knowledge to my cooking skill and to enjoy the saturday as a student.

I have the following ingredient on ground:

3 cups of rice
pasta sphagetti
onions
tomato pasta
ata gungun(grinded pepper)
vegetable oil/palmoil
Eggs
maggi

can I make something amazing out of these? Pls, teach me, I'm already hungry oo...
Re: I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by Portsmouth86(f): 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
jitmas:
Today is Saturday and I want to cook something different just to add knowledge to my cooking skill and to enjoy the saturday as a student.

3 cups of rice
pasta sphagetti
onions
tomato pasta
vegetable oil/palmoil
Eggs
maggi

can I make something amazing out of these? Pls, teach me, I'm already hungry oo...

how about paella? or a pasta bake, not of options that I can think of at the moment, from the listed ingredients, although you can definitely make a meal, do you have any chicken?
Re: I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2015
Portsmouth86:

how about paella? or a pasta bake, not of options that I can think of at the moment, from the listed ingredients, although you can definitely make a meal, do you have any chicken?

no, chicken but if I have chicken, how do i prepare paella?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by Portsmouth86(f): 1:48am On Jun 26, 2015
jitmas:

no, chicken but if I have chicken, how do i prepare paella?

Chicken and Prawn Paella

Ingredients
• 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
• 175g (6oz) chorizo sausage, sliced (optional)
• 450g (1lb) chicken fillets, cut into chunks
• 1 onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
• 225g (8oz) paella rice
• Few strands saffron
• 900ml (1¾ pt) chicken stock
• 100g (4oz) green beans, halved
• 225g (8oz) cooked tiger prawns
• 5ml (1tsp) ground paprika
Method
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the chorizo for 2-3 mins. Remove and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and fry over a high heat until browned all over. Remove and set aside with the chorizo.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in the hot oil for 4-5 mins until softened, then add the pepper and rice. Cook for 1 min, stir in the saffron and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Return the chicken to the pan and add beans. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 10 mins, stirring frequently until the rice is tender and nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Add the fried chorizo and tiger prawns to the pan and stir in gently. Cook for 4-5 mins until both are heated through. Serve on warmed plates and sprinkle with paprika.

If you wish to make it without the Prawn and Chorizo (sausage) then just remove this from the ingredients

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by johnabr(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2015
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano
salt and black pepper to taste
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice
1 quart chicken stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Spanish onion, chopped

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes. With chicken stock,. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and sausage; cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink.
4. Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.
Re: I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by aydelicious: 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
johnabr:
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano
salt and black pepper to taste
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice
1 quart chicken stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Spanish onion, chopped

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes. With chicken stock,. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and sausage; cook 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink.
4. Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.
hhmm mm mm, I wish I could taste it oooooo
Re: I Want To Cook Something Different Today. by aydelicious: 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
jitmas:

3 cups of rice
pasta sphagetti
onions
tomato pasta
vegetable oil/palmoil
Eggs
maggi

yes,you can make something good that will amazing people but in the list there is not sait and chicken but I'm going to add that two things in to your list.
to start
.............Firstly we need to Cook our chicken,we will Walsh the chicken with killen water then add it in to a pot, season it with one cople of maggi with two teaspoons of level of sait and then sclise onions in to it ,cover it let it cook about 15 minutes,when it is done,place another pot on a cooking heat, turn your vegable oil in to the pot , let it fried about 4 minutes then now start adding your chicken,let it fried very well
step two........your rice ,you can use it to cook jollof rice and wight rice but we are going to use the rice to cook Wight rice ,what we need to do now,place your pot on a heat add water in to it, when you are waiting for the water to boild,start to walsh your rice with killen water,if the water is boiling, now turn that rice in to it,when it getting to 12 minutes, now add 3 level of teaspoons of sait in to it,when the water of the rice is dry off,it is done
steps three,....take a bowl add amount of water in to the bowl, now turn your ata gungun to ti (grinding pepper) the water stir it,now add your tomato pasta and paste sphagetti stir it together now wait about 20 or 30 minutes to vermet, if is vermetted, now start heating your vegable oil,as you are waiting for 5 minutes then slice your onion and add it in to it, stir it and then now turn the pepper your have made in to it,cover it about 7 or 10 minutes so that the taste of the pepper can come out ,after that now add the sctok of of of the chicken you boild, cover it about 3 minutes,now put a cople maggi and one level of teaspoon to taste, stir it now add all the chicken you have fried in to it ,you can now Cover it to steam about 4 or 5 minutes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Realistic Cakes That You Won’t Want to Eat / 5 Places To Get Affordable Tasty Meals In Owerri / How Bird Spoil My Day Through Life Story(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.