Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari (4155 Views)

Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Obasanjo, Tinubu Not Yoruba Leaders – Afenifere / Tinubu, Not PDP Group Is Behind Calls For Buhari’s Resignation – Northern Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by whizpet: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he won the last presidential election by the grace of God and Tinubu not by his money or power, adding that, the 2015 polls has clearly shown that it is God that chooses who becomes a leader.

The president said this when he paid homage to the Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Faruk Umar, after attending the Juma’at prayer at the Lowcost Mosque, in Daura, Katsina state.

“It is not by power, it is not by wealth but by the Grace of God and Tinubu that I won the election,” the president said.

He also urged Nigerians to be patient and accept democracy not as a system of government but as a lifestyle in order to ensure development of the country.

“If Nigerians continuously follow the tenets of democracy the country will always be at peace since democracy on its own with its institutions has the mechanism for resolving conflicts peacefully,” he said.

The President, who delivered his speech in Hausa, urged those who were aggrieved after the 2015 elections to seek redress through democratic means and institutions.

Buhari noted that Nigeria was adopting democracy from the western nations and learning fast by avoiding mistakes made when studying the weaknesses and strengths of those nations.

According to him, if Nigerians decide to be hasty, some avoidable mistakes can be made.

Buhari urged that elections at all levels must be conducted based on democratic principles.

He urged those interested in elective positions to look for a political platform of their choice, declare their interests and the party would support them.

The President said that in 2002 when he joined politics, many people did not give him a chance because they knew his antecedents as a military officer.

Buhari said that he decided to contest elections because of his commitment to serve the people and not to be served or to amass wealth.

He added that he had served the nation in different capacities in the past and had not had so much money in the banks either locally or abroad or anywhere in the world.

He said all he had over time “is integrity and commitment to serve the people” and said that he would fulfill his promises to the people.

Earlier, the Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Faruk Umar, said he had known Buhari for his consistency which had become the hallmark of his integrity.

He said he was happy that Buhari was eventually elected as the President of the country after some trials.

The Emir observed that the President was not new in government and wherever he had served he always distinguished himself with integrity and in all he had returned home without a Kobo.

The Emir urged Nigerians to be patient with the administration so that they could allow Buhari to deliver on his promises.

He also urged Nigerians to support the administration with prayers in its new responsibility.

NAN reports that earlier, President Buhari had attended the Juma’at prayer with his kinsmen at the Lowcost Mosque in Daura where the Chief Imam, Alhaji Musa Mansir, prayed for peace and development in the country.

The cleric also urged Nigerians to pray for their leaders at all times.

He also spoke on the benefit of Ramadan and urged all to extend the hands of fellowship to others as well as give support to the less privileged persons in the society.

Many residents of Daura thronged both the mosque and the Emir’s palace to have a glimpse of the President.

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Starships4u(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
I hate seeing this Daura President in the news....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by agogoeyo(f): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
Super story

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by MosakuAW(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
source pls

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by piicity(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hmm, o ri iyen so.

2 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by dunkem21(m): 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
Paid Peeps trying to redeem Tinubu's battered image ..
..Sauce pls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by nedu2000(m): 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Poor perception!!you won the election 'cause Nigerians voted for you whether it was the right decision time will tell.
Or will Hilter,Mussillini,idi Amin,Abacha,pol pot even GEJ's reign be attributed to 'God's grace' as well? Start working, 2019 ain't far no more

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by GOATandYAMtheory: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Starships4u:

The lagoon is ever accommodating

Cc: midolian

16 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by SUBMARINE: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
No source

Slaves down south trying to win the favour of their masters up north. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Oforleta(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Baba you won the election because of the lies and numerous propagandas of APC. u and ur party lied so much and many gullible Nigerians were confused into voting u. Now you r giving us excuses. Today Buhari orders for the sell of some jets in presidential feet, tomorrow Buhari Neva made such order. haba! campaigns are over, y continue confusing and lying to Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by bogolobango(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
Bros na till when u go get brain
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
This OP is sick because I didn't see where he mentioned Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by merbenko: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
Source

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Exodus2k(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
Start work immediately and prove your doubters wrong

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Okaka27(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
TANOIDS BE HATING grin

2 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Okaka27(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Starships4u:
OK die grin

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by zenith4biz(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Time waits for no man
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by PenSniper: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
SUBMARINE:
No source

Slaves down south trying to win the favour of their masters up north. grin

News osu, a lagoon candidate. Expendable commodity and a disgrace and a curse to the entire black race.
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by kendrick9(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
He definitely didn't mention tinubu's name....

2 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by PenSniper: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
dunkem21:

..Sauce pls.

Someone with a "battered image" is a lot better than an unknown non-entity.
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by PenSniper: 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Starships4u:

Because the lagoon is your eventual destination.
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by PenSniper: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Malu ku wahala de ba obe asiwere. A pity.
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by bjoyoyo99: 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
thats are u voted for gej ! ! ! ! ! ! 6years 4 ?
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by nerodenero: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he won the last presidential election by the grace of God and Tinubu not by his money or power, adding that, the 2015 polls has clearly shown that it is God that chooses who becomes a leader.
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by gebest: 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
true talk my president, true talk.
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Twistaray(m): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
whizpet:

The president said this when he paid homage to the Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Faruk Umar, after attending the Juma’at prayer at the Lowcost Mosque, in Daura, Katsina state.

“It is not by power, it is not by wealth but by the Grace of God that I won the election,” the president said.

He also urged Nigerians to be patient and accept democracy not as a system of government but as a lifestyle in order to ensure development of the country.

“If Nigerians continuously follow the tenets of democracy the country will always be at peace since democracy on its own with its institutions has the mechanism for resolving conflicts peacefully,” he said.

The President, who delivered his speech in Hausa, urged those who were aggrieved after the 2015 elections to seek redress through democratic means and institutions.

Buhari noted that Nigeria was adopting democracy from the western nations and learning fast by avoiding mistakes made when studying the weaknesses and strengths of those nations.

According to him, if Nigerians decide to be hasty, some avoidable mistakes can be made.

Buhari urged that elections at all levels must be conducted based on democratic principles.

He urged those interested in elective positions to look for a political platform of their choice, declare their interests and the party would support them.

The President said that in 2002 when he joined politics, many people did not give him a chance because they knew his antecedents as a military officer.

Buhari said that he decided to contest elections because of his commitment to serve the people and not to be served or to amass wealth.

He added that he had served the nation in different capacities in the past and had not had so much money in the banks either locally or abroad or anywhere in the world.

He said all he had over time “is integrity and commitment to serve the people” and said that he would fulfill his promises to the people.

Earlier, the Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Faruk Umar, said he had known Buhari for his consistency which had become the hallmark of his integrity.

He said he was happy that Buhari was eventually elected as the President of the country after some trials.

The Emir observed that the President was not new in government and wherever he had served he always distinguished himself with integrity and in all he had returned home without a Kobo.

The Emir urged Nigerians to be patient with the administration so that they could allow Buhari to deliver on his promises.

He also urged Nigerians to support the administration with prayers in its new responsibility.

NAN reports that earlier, President Buhari had attended the Juma’at prayer with his kinsmen at the Lowcost Mosque in Daura where the Chief Imam, Alhaji Musa Mansir, prayed for peace and development in the country.

The cleric also urged Nigerians to pray for their leaders at all times.

He also spoke on the benefit of Ramadan and urged all to extend the hands of fellowship to others as well as give support to the less privileged persons in the society.

Many residents of Daura thronged both the mosque and the Emir’s palace to have a glimpse of the President.

Ermm the bolded sums it up.
By the way OP. You source?
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by DoTheNeedful: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
dunkem21:

..Sauce pls.

You and your lots are the ones distorting the truth because of your hatred for Tinubu and maybe his tribeand also his role in GEJ's defeat. The question I have for you is that:' Did Buhari make that statement or not?'.

You and your lots were jumping all over the NL after the NA elections not because of you love for the North but you hatred for Tinubu. You were saying the north arm twisted him while forgetting that Saraki and Dogara won basically because of the support they got from PDP controlled SS and SE.

2 Likes

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by dunkem21(m): 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
DoTheNeedful:

You and your lots are the ones distorting the truth because of your hatred for Tinubu and maybe his tribeand also his role in GEJ's defeat. The question I have for you is that:' Did Buhari make that statement or not?'.

You and your lots were jumping all over the NL after the NA elections not because of you love for the North but you hatred for Tinubu. You were saying the north arm twisted him while forgetting that Saraki and Dogara won basically because of the support they got from PDP controlled SS and SE.

Shut up jare. ..Buhari didn't say so else a SOURCE would have been provided.

We are getting tired of all these pay per post.

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by dunkem21(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

Ermm the bolded sums it up. By the way OP. You source?

Buhari didn't say so ..
SOURCE pls.

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by ajbabs(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
Source before I will drop my own bombshell. Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by Twistaray(m): 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
dunkem21:

Buhari didn't say so ..

SOURCE pls.

Why not check the topic? grin
Re: I Won Election By God’s Grace And Tinubu, Not By My Money, Power, Says Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
dunkem21:

Shut up jare. ..Buhari didn't say so else a SOURCE would have been provided.

We are getting tired of all these pay per post.

Buhari didn't say so.
If he did, it wouldn't have been recorded in second person style.

It would have been in quotes.

Anything to sell their paymaster, who's currently grappling with a dwindling image, don't you get it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Peaceful Protest Kala Bus Stop Ikwerre Rd PH / Two Ways That We Igbo Is Better Than Other Tribes. / Breaking - Iran Hits Mossad Facilities In Iraq With Multiple Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.