Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (52847 Views)

Serap Gives Njc 7days To Refer Released Judges To Efcc, Icpc For prosecution / Federal Government Releases Funds For EFCC, ICPC To Try Ex-Governors / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by jibrilaminu003(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
NervousErection:
As usual it will never be implemented until after 5 months.

Sorry, u got it wrong. This is not PGEJ's administration where the slogan is BUSINESS AS USUAL. This is PMB's administration where the slogan reads WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE.
GET IT RIGHT.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
God bless my hustle for good.
NLs pls support me and watch out for my new single.... "Elshaddai" coming soon!!!
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by staymore: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
mormoni:
kindly repeat ur question

People like you will ask their mothers questions that should have been directed to their father.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by caprini1: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
strongerthaneva:
jonathan try for us by giving us atleast one week of darkness and 1day of light..Now the story have change at least am having light for 6hrs a day..
I won't lie o...I have 12 to 15 hrs everyday...hardly use my solar and Gen!
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Kenobus: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
GMB is justing wasting his time. He has nothing to offer. He is brainless. Nigerians should just ignore him and move on
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by freshdude99(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
mormoni:
what did jonathan do about electricity?
is ur head sitting on ur neck at all?
# rubbish
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by philips70(m): 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
dekdek:

Ooo yeah, Jonah-daft received the report and the fool went ahead to junk it.
Good riddance.

Was demdem banned till 2029?
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Midegee(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
true talk but that's not our headache, these set of people has held us back as a country for too long
ABIOLAXYZ:
GOOD IDEA FROM OUR PRESIDENT
BUT
HIS DECISION TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF MINISTER WILL CAUSE GREAT PROBLEM FOR THE GREED MEMBER OF HIS PARTY...

APC CHANGE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
kheart:

For here we get minimum of 20hrs everyday since may 29 compare to d previous 4-6 hrs before may 29.
even mah own side don improve sef. grin
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by erico2k2(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
persius555:
My brova, that sector ehhhn.. I cant wait for the tsunami of change to hit them. Our economy is just so tied to it. The incompetent companies that call themselves distribution companies should just leave if they cannot cope anymore.
Thats it bro, they should use same strategy they used on teh Telecoms to sort this issue. Im sure those who bought the rights to distribute want to make more monies, they wont if they don't have power to distribute.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by neocortex: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
Shortyy:

so because Jonathan did not do anything bout it, Buhari will not do so too? and what happened to the CHANGE he's supposed to bring? smh

One common thing about Babaonechance's slaves is that they always suspend logic whenever they are cornered.
Don't be surprised , it is their life game.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by madisonsquare: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
He has not even started this administration yet, you are just building castle in the air.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by mormoni(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
freshdude99:

is ur head sitting on ur neck at all?
# rubbish
are u in anyway refering to me?
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by okeyglm: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
change everywhere!!! electricity <<< change> nnpc<<<change>>
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by mormoni(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
staymore:

People like you will ask their mothers questions that should have been directed to their father.
this makes no sense to me. Spice it up pls
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by ceejay80s(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
Jibreen4u:
What is he doing about Electricity?
i dey get light now o ,unlike before, but no thanks to nepa, thanks to raining season
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by mulki: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
madisonsquare:
He has not even started this administration yet, you are just building castle in the air.
when will he start my brother..
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by texazzpete(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
callmenow:
Even during Jonathan administration, we never heard news from 'sources close to the presidency'. It was always Abatti telling us what is happening. What is SHEHU and FEMI doing. Are they the sources or not? This is definitely not democracy. Democracy requires transparency, instead of rumours or gossip. Promises from Buhari/ Apc has proved unfounded. I weep from Nigeria. We need another election with under 55 years candidates, who can take this comatose country forward. From Lagos to ph, from sokoto to Abuja, people are groaning. Yet we are waiting, etc.

If I hear one more Sai Buhari, I will throttle the offender.

Why did you not weep for Nigeria when pdp leaders were destroying the nation?

You will weep more and more salty tears , my friend. The era of sycophancy is over.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by strongerthaneva(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
caprini1:
I won't lie o...I have 12 to 15 hrs everyday...hardly use my solar and Gen!
thanks so.much for justifying me..See all this government parastatals are trying to improve now so they can keep their jobs..Cos dey knew the man in charge is a no nonsense man and believe in gud work..Not saying that jonathan is a nonsense man either but he is too lenient which makes the economy paralysed...can u hear fayose spilling shits anyhow again or wike yeye Governor?See all this am saying is gud legacy matas alot..
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Pavarottii(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
kheart:

For here we get minimum of 20hrs everyday since may 29 compare to d previous 4-6 hrs before may 29.
And buhari touched something in the power sector since he became president? That u are having light?
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by BABANGBALI: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
mormoni:
Buhari for president 2019

The campaign has kicked off
yes o,may God spare baba's life and give him good health so as to deliver Nigeria from all these criminals

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by BABANGBALI: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
Pavarottii:

And buhari touched something in the power sector since he became president? That u are having light?
that's the fear factor,the fear of Buhari is the beginning of change in Nigeria
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by anigold(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
arsenal1111:
After three weeks of consultations with international
and Nigeria’s political leaders, President
Muhammadu Buhari appears set to effect major
changes in the administration of the country in a bid
to translate the ‘change’ mantra of his party into
reality. To start with, the President is said to have
accepted the recommendation of the transition
committee he raised a few weeks ago to slash the
number of ministries from the present 42 to 19 with
a view to saving cost and making them more effective
and responsive to the needs of Nigerians.
In the same vein, many of the ministries have been
merged to ensure proper coordination of duties and
ensure greater efficiency and service delivery.
A source close to the Presidency told Sunday
Vanguard that the number of Federal Government
departments and agencies had also been trimmed in
line with the policy of the administration.
Effectively, it means that no fewer than 50 of the
MDAs that were not backed by relevant laws might be
scrapped and their staff moved into relevant
departments to save cost.
The Presidency source hinted,”But the point being
made is that relevant MDAs that will exist under the
present administration must be those backed by
laws.
“What that means is that the era of doing things the
wrong way to please certain persons in positions of
power is over.”
Shedding light on some of the ministries that had
been merged, the official pointed out that the
Ministry of Aviation and relevant agencies had been
subsumed with Inland Waterways and associated
agencies.
Similarly, the Ministry of Agriculture has been
merged with that of Water Resources under what the
Presidency source described as the consolidation of
larger ministries.
It was learnt that under the administration of Buhari,
only 19 ministers and 17 ministers of state would
operate as opposed to the previous arrangement
where there were at least 42.
It was further gathered that some ministries would
be run by senior ministers while others would be
manned by junior ministers to save cost.
On the fight against corruption, the source disclosed
to Sunday Vanguard that the Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission (EFCC) is to be merged with the
Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, to
tackle graft in a new way that would be prompt,
fearless and decisive.
Buhari, who travelled out of Abuja since returning
from the African Union meeting in South Africa, late
last week, is expected to join his wife, Aisha, at the
Presidential Villa, for the first time after being sworn-
in on May 29.
The wife had moved into the Villa on Thursday
ahead of the President to prepare the ground for his
formal assumption of work at the seat of power. He
has been operating from the Defence House in the
last
three weeks.
A top source also said Buhari was expected to make
some key appointments this week so as to get the
machinery of his administration running. The delay in
naming the critical staff of his office had forced some
of his key loyalists to demand that he acts fast to
deliver the change he promised Nigerians during the
campaigns.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-to-merge-efcc-icpc-42-ministries-reduced-to-19/

look at the history of my post on nairaland, am a strong PDP Guy/Pro-GEJ but buhari is working in the right direction..
May God give him the strenght to direct Nigeria to the path of greatness
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Fourwinds: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
Shortyy:

so because Jonathan did not do anything bout it, Buhari will not do so too? and what happened to the CHANGE he's supposed to bring? smh
d stu..pid electricity withholding demons have improved in my area but I don't know about urs. I learnt dey have been warned dst deir licence will be withdrawn if dey don't perform.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
Long stories.
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by AbubakarIM: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
GOOD IDEA FROM OUR PRESIDENT
BUT
HIS DECISION TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF MINISTER WILL CAUSE GREAT PROBLEM FOR THE GREED MEMBER OF HIS PARTY...

APC CHANGE
it doesnt matter.. we want nigeria not APC

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by AbubakarIM: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Fourwinds:
d stu..pid electricity withholding demons have improved in my area but I don't know about urs. I learnt dey have been warned dst deir licence will be withdrawn if dey don't perform.
THIS is in result of raining season
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by dannewlife(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Let NUHU RIBADU head the new EFCC and BART NNAJI the power ministry .
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by solonazzy: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
DropShot:

Better slow and get it right once than rush and get it completely wrong!
So true
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by roob: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
mormoni:
what did jonathan do about electricity?
GUY YOU & LIKES ARE STILL CRYING ABOUT THAT SPILT MILK (GEJ) ? COM'ON MOVE ON NAHH...
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by solonazzy: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Shortyy:

you see the problem with you all? i made a point in my post with no curse words or insults. but yours is balderdash with no point. my brother, please learn.
To me u just got served.... Just 3 weeks n u r asking abt d change in electricity..... Dats awkward.... Hw long does it take to build an hydropower dam..... I guess u have no idea.... Ur initial msg was to discredit Buhari 1 way or d other... N we r nw used to ppl Like u..... Sori anyway.... stay positive minded abt Dis govt... If Dey Bleep up after 4 years, we r voting dem out... Bt so far?, we r still largely behind dem... Join us... Hapi sunday
Re: Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard by mormoni(m): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
roob:
GUY YOU & LIKES ARE STILL CRYING ABOUT THAT SPILT MILK (GEJ) ? COM'ON MOVE ON NAHH...
you are new here ryt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Stands On Vehicle To Maintain Order At APC Convention (Video) / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / Fani-kayode Reacts As Senators, Reps Boo Buhari While Presenting 2019 Budget At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.