Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi (1322 Views)

10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. / Muamar Gaddafi's Last Words And Prophecies / Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Shegman22(m): 6:14am On Jun 21, 2015
In the name of Allah, the ...beneficent, the merciful...
For 40 years, or was it longer, I can't remember, I did all I
could to
give people houses, hospitals, schools, and when they were
hungry, I gave them food. I even made Benghazi into
farmland
from the desert, I stood up to attacks from that cowboy
Ronald
Reagan, when he killed my adopted orphaned daughter, he
was
trying to kill me, instead he killed that poor innocent child.
Then I
helped my brothers and sisters from Africa with money for
the
African Union.
I did all I could to help people Understand the concept of
real
democracy, where people's committees ran our country.
But that
was never enough, as some told me, even people who had
room homes, new suits and furniture, were never satisfied,
as
selfish as they were they wanted more. They told Americans
and
other visitors, that they needed "democracy" and "freedom"
never
realizing it was a cut throat system, where the biggest dog
eats
the rest, but they were enchanted with those words, never
realizing that in America, there was no free medicine, no
free
hospitals, no free housing, no free education and no free
food,
except when people had to beg or go to long lines to get
soup.
No, no matter what I did, it was never enough for some, but
for
others, they knew I was the son of Gamal Abdel Nasser, the
only
true Arab and Muslim leader we've had since Salah-al-Deen,
when
he claimed the Suez Canal for his people, as I claimed
Libya, for
my people, it was his footsteps I tried to follow, to keep my
people
free from colonial domination - from thieves who would
steal from
us.
Now, I am under attack by the biggest force in military
history, my
little African son, Obama wants to kill me, to take away the
freedom of our country, to take away our free housing, our
free
medicine, our free education, our free food, and replace it
with
American style thievery, called "capitalism" ,but all of us in
the
Third World know what that means, it means corporations
run the
countries, run the world, and the people suffer.
So, there is no alternative for me, I must make my stand,
and if
Allah wishes, I shall die by following His path, the path that
has
made our country rich with farmland, with food and health,
and
even allowed us to help our African and Arab brothers and
sisters.
I do not wish to die, but if it comes to that, to save this land,
my
people, all the thousands who are all my children, then so
be it.
Let this testament be my voice to the world, that I stood up
to
crusader attacks of NATO, stood up to cruelty, stoop up to
betrayal, stood up to the West and its colonialist ambitions,
and
that I stood with my African brothers, my true Arab and
Muslim
brothers, as a beacon of light.
When others were building castles, I lived in a modest
house, and
in a tent. I never forgot my youth in Sirte, I did not spend
our
national treasury foolishly, and like Salah-al-Deen, our great
Muslim leader, who rescued Jerusalem for Islam, I took
little for
myself...
In the West, some have called me "mad", "crazy", but they
know
the truth yet continue to lie, they know that our land is
independent and free, not in the colonial grip, that my vision,
my
path, is, and has been clear and for my people and that I will
fight
to my last breath to keep us free, may Allah almighty help
us to
remain faithful and free.
-Mu'ummar Qaddafi.
May Allah 4give and grant you with Jannatul firdaus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Shegman22(m): 6:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi • There was no electricity bills in Libya; electricity is free … for all its citizens. • There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state- owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law. • If a Libyan is unable to find employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found. • Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they receive farm land, a house, equipment, seed and livestock to kick start their farms –this was all for free. • Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country. • A home was considered a human right in Libya. (In Qaddafi’s Green Book it states: “The house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others.”) • All newlyweds in Libya would receive 60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start a family. • A portion of Libyan oil sales is or was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens. • A mother who gives birth to a child would receive US $5,000. • When a Libyan buys a car, the government would subsidizes 50% of the price. • The price of petrol in Libya was $0.14 per liter. • For $ 0.15, a Libyan local could purchase 40 loaves of bread. • Education and medical treatments was all free in Libya. Libya can boast one of the finest health care systems in the Arab and African World. All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines, completely free of charge. • If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government would fund them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/month accommodation and car allowance. • 25% of Libyans have a university degree. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 87%. • Libya had no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – though much of this is now frozen globally. - See more at: http://newsrescue.com/gaddaffis-last-formal- speech-people-libya/#sthash.LjktBIaz.dpuf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by lurther: 6:20am On Jun 21, 2015
Deep words there!!!
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by jaysniggs: 6:35am On Jun 21, 2015
So many people still don't understand what Gaddafi was doing

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2015
Everybody thinks Putin is the problem.
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by 13regular: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2015
Africa, My Africa! Beware of the (waste)West!!
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Akinrogun(m): 6:57am On Jun 21, 2015
Imperialism will remain a major hindrance in the development of our world......a sad footnote in our world!
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by loomer: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2015
That's why the world hates America. Cos they rather give u $1 and take back $20 from u
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Shegman22(m): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2015
Akinrogun:
Imperialism will remain a major hindrance in the development of our world......a sad footnote in our world!
Revolutions or in digested changes do not usually achieve
the desired end. Because they are often hijacked by forces
of retrogression and thus ended in catastrophe . Libya today
is a case in point. God save us.
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by ice25(f): 8:04am On Jun 21, 2015
what's this sudden sympathy towards gadhaffi. the guy was a terror.he might had been captured and killed the wrong way but that doesn't mean he wasn't a dictator.

Libya might be struggling right now, yes. but expecting a miraculous change all of a sudden is crazy.

I bet if he were to be alive today.the same people praising him now, would have been rendering him abuses same way they do to mugabe

...and I know if mugabe should pass away, people will suddenly start to sing his praises

Africans will always value the dead to the living
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by mu2sa2: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2015
The west labeled Ghadafi a dictator and had him murdered. God will surely judge. Now that Ghadafi is gone, let Libyans enjoy their "freedom"!

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Shegman22(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Shegman22(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ffff
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
West is evil. They are Africa's enemies

All they wanna do is put Puppets to rule every African countries. They succeeded in Libya, Egypt and now Nigeria.
God will judge them
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by abduljabbar4(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
In less than how many years now they are already regretting. Democracy is good though but there they have it.
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by tociano009(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
ice25:
what's this sudden sympathy towards gadhaffi. the guy was a terror.he might had been captured and killed the wrong way but that doesn't mean he wasn't a dictator.

Libya might be struggling right now, yes. but expecting a miraculous change all of a sudden is crazy.

I bet if he were to be alive today.the same people praising him now, would have been rendering him abuses same way they do to mugabe

...and I know if mugabe should pass away, people will suddenly start to sing his praises

Africans will always value the dead to the living
have you been to Libya before?
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by coolzeal(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
If America and NATO could destroy a fellow African state then, what's the purpose of AU?
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
And yet many Nigerians are inviting Americans to come n help them fight boko Haram.
Re: Flashback: Gaddafi's Last Speech!!!/ Facts about Libya under Muammar Gaddafi by Canme4u(m): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
Watching with keen interest.

(1) (Reply)

Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency …set To / Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam / Official Suspension Letter Of Immigration Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.