Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam (1323 Views)

Stop Fighting Tinubu – Kinsmen Warn Buhari / Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by apolonius(m): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
How do you look at the movement from the South-west led by Asiwaju Tinubu which teamed-up with the North to produce Buhari? What are the shortcomings and strengths in the alli­ance?

I don’t think I want to go into that. Asiwaju played a critical role in contributing to Jonathan being made acting president. At one point, Asiwaju was actually involved in contingencies to save Jonathan’s life . At that time, it was feared that if Jonathan refused to resign after the death of Yar’Adua , he will become a wasted mate­rial. Asiwaju played a role in en­suring that did not happen.

I say this, because I was in­volved as well. Another colleague of mine and I were involved in the benevolence, patriotism and na­tionalism of Asiwaju. Asiwaju also played a key role in 2011 with the Oba of Lagos and one or two per­sonalities I wouldn’t want to men­tion just now. They played a part in ensuring that Asiwaju helped to convince the South-west to help Jonathan. Why am I repeating all this? I am doing so, because Presi­dent Buhari should not make the mistake that was made.

What mistake are you talk­ing about?

After Asiwaju rendered all this help, he was paid back in a way that was not befitting of the assis­tance he gave. It was not the fault of ex-president Jonathan; it was the fault of his aides. The key aide who was supposed to facilitate some of the things to pay back did not do it. To the point that…

(cuts in) Was it financial?

I will like to leave it at that. Not so much financial. I would like to leave it at that. Instead, rumours were being peddled that Asiwaju was paid back with some money, which wasn’t true. The person who was supposed to do certain things did not do so. I had in a lec­ture I delivered in the East warned that the way the South west was being treated by Jonathan’s regime would not help his government.

I raised the alarm that the first 12 people in the hierarchy of pro­tocol i.e the president down the line to the 12th, there was no Yo­ruba figure in it. I said then that it was dangerous for any govern­ment to ignore the South-west. Some of my colleagues from the Niger Delta were very angry with me for making that comment. I told them I said it in the best inter­est of Jonathan, and of course we saw the result. Asiwaju may have been forced to, as it were, go into that alliance. It was an alliance that I thought he should have gone into much more carefully than we see playing out.

I think it’s a mistake for Presi­dent Buhari to allow himself to be misled to think that those who are ganging up against the South-west would triumph .It is an open se­cret that those who want to regain power back to their people ,find the South-west, that once you’ve checkmated, divided and ruled, you can get through to the rest of the South and North central. Once you have done that, you are in con­trol. That’s what is playing out at the National Assembly and in the APC, I see it from three multi- lay­ered levels.

Superficially, what we call the wave of an ocean level, I see the contest between those who want to deepen democracy, and those who want the role of godfathers to play on .To most of us in the South,we like the deepening of democracy, but we forget that underlying that there is still the strategic. The dif­ferent zones have strategic ad­vantages. It’s in that we have to be careful not to allow ourselves to be divided. I think the South-west needs to come together for their own good. The camps in the South-west , Governor Mimiko, Asiwaju, Dr Fasehun need to come back together. You see any attempt to push Asiwaju out of the corridors of power is a rehearsal to push the South out of power for good.

Can you throw more light on that?

The hegemonists are masters of divide and rule. Here is Asiwaju Tinubu, the man who built the bridge. Make no mistake about it, without Asiwaju, Buhari could not have been in office. It was Asiwa­ju’s rallying point that gave con­fidence to Buhari’s movement. People forget that even the elite in the North were not with Buhari.

It was when Asiwaju gave them no choice, when they saw that if they did not join the bandwagon they will be left out. The creator of this bridge, the creator of this means of power is Bola Tinubu. So, for such a contributor to be set aside is really dangerous. I say this with no apologies, rather I plead with my other South-west leaders that once Asiwaju is confined, or restricted , they will come to them. So, anybody who thinks he will benefit from it will be mistaken.

On this note, I urge two par­ticular beneficiaries of Asiwaju’s human capital development ( two former governors) not to allow themselves to be used against Asi­waju Tinubu.

Source and full interview:http://sunnewsonline.com/new/col-tony-nyiam-offers-fresh-insight-on-boko-haram-insurgency-2/
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by Precious91(m): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
ok ooo
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by CUM4WHAT(m): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
Okay..... Sipping my zobo in d latrine
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by apolonius(m): 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
Okay..... Sipping my zobo in d latrine

That is sipping infirmity, man!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by Dollyak(f): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
The most revealing interview so far.
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by apolonius(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dollyak:

It just is.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by seniorklop: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Noted! But i can assure you that PMB knows what he is doing. 'Let the judases have their golden coins but in no distance of a time, they will hang themselves'

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by DeNoble1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
M
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by Emekamex(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Won't change nothing; Tinubu is already deep in 'One Chance'.

Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by dayo23(f): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dollyak:
Indeed! I luv Tinubu
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by dayo23(f): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
apolonius:
How do you look at the movement from the South-west led by Asiwaju Tinubu which teamed-up with the North to produce Buhari? What are the shortcomings and strengths in the alli­ance?

I don’t think I want to go into that. Asiwaju played a critical role in contributing to Jonathan being made acting president. At one point, Asiwaju was actually involved in contingencies to save Jonathan’s life . At that time, it was feared that if Jonathan refused to resign after the death of Yar’Adua , he will become a wasted mate­rial. Asiwaju played a role in en­suring that did not happen.

I say this, because I was in­volved as well. Another colleague of mine and I were involved in the benevolence, patriotism and na­tionalism of Asiwaju. Asiwaju also played a key role in 2011 with the Oba of Lagos and one or two per­sonalities I wouldn’t want to men­tion just now. They played a part in ensuring that Asiwaju helped to convince the South-west to help Jonathan. Why am I repeating all this? I am doing so, because Presi­dent Buhari should not make the mistake that was made.

What mistake are you talk­ing about?

After Asiwaju rendered all this help, he was paid back in a way that was not befitting of the assis­tance he gave. It was not the fault of ex-president Jonathan; it was the fault of his aides. The key aide who was supposed to facilitate some of the things to pay back did not do it. To the point that…

(cuts in) Was it financial?

I will like to leave it at that. Not so much financial. I would like to leave it at that. Instead, rumours were being peddled that Asiwaju was paid back with some money, which wasn’t true. The person who was supposed to do certain things did not do so. I had in a lec­ture I delivered in the East warned that the way the South west was being treated by Jonathan’s regime would not help his government.

I raised the alarm that the first 12 people in the hierarchy of pro­tocol i.e the president down the line to the 12th, there was no Yo­ruba figure in it. I said then that it was dangerous for any govern­ment to ignore the South-west. Some of my colleagues from the Niger Delta were very angry with me for making that comment. I told them I said it in the best inter­est of Jonathan, and of course we saw the result. Asiwaju may have been forced to, as it were, go into that alliance. It was an alliance that I thought he should have gone into much more carefully than we see playing out.

I think it’s a mistake for Presi­dent Buhari to allow himself to be misled to think that those who are ganging up against the South-west would triumph .It is an open se­cret that those who want to regain power back to their people ,find the South-west, that once you’ve checkmated, divided and ruled, you can get through to the rest of the South and North central. Once you have done that, you are in con­trol. That’s what is playing out at the National Assembly and in the APC, I see it from three multi- lay­ered levels.

Superficially, what we call the wave of an ocean level, I see the contest between those who want to deepen democracy, and those who want the role of godfathers to play on .To most of us in the South,we like the deepening of democracy, but we forget that underlying that there is still the strategic. The dif­ferent zones have strategic ad­vantages. It’s in that we have to be careful not to allow ourselves to be divided. I think the South-west needs to come together for their own good. The camps in the South-west , Governor Mimiko, Asiwaju, Dr Fasehun need to come back together. You see any attempt to push Asiwaju out of the corridors of power is a rehearsal to push the South out of power for good.

Can you throw more light on that?

The hegemonists are masters of divide and rule. Here is Asiwaju Tinubu, the man who built the bridge. Make no mistake about it, without Asiwaju, Buhari could not have been in office. It was Asiwa­ju’s rallying point that gave con­fidence to Buhari’s movement. People forget that even the elite in the North were not with Buhari.

It was when Asiwaju gave them no choice, when they saw that if they did not join the bandwagon they will be left out. The creator of this bridge, the creator of this means of power is Bola Tinubu. So, for such a contributor to be set aside is really dangerous. I say this with no apologies, rather I plead with my other South-west leaders that once Asiwaju is confined, or restricted , they will come to them. So, anybody who thinks he will benefit from it will be mistaken.

On this note, I urge two par­ticular beneficiaries of Asiwaju’s human capital development ( two former governors) not to allow themselves to be used against Asi­waju Tinubu.

Source and full interview:http://sunnewsonline.com/new/col-tony-nyiam-offers-fresh-insight-on-boko-haram-insurgency-2/
There can never be another Tinubu, hate him or like him! He remains integral for u to become President of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
Single tree can not make a forest, no part of the country or single person can bring presidency in Nigeria politics, and you can not take everything to yourself at the same time and think you will survive in future.
If Tinubu feel batrayed as claimed by political mathematicians he should settle the score with his merging partners, floating or no floating of new party or group to meet up isn't a solution. Tomorrow another group will seek his allegiance to produce a president as usual yet he will come back and cry cheated. South west politicians can't fold their hands waiting for Mallam Tinubu to keep telling them who to support or not, factions will be created within SW political class and the self claim my mighty will fall yakata.
According to opinions Jonathan had betrayed SW hence the merger to defeat him and it works perfectly, now PMB is doing his own, in less than 100 days opinions are spewing shit that Mallam Tinubu was betrayed. For how long Mallam Tinubu will stop thinking I'm betrayed ? Days a numbered, be wiser enough the time is now, use what you have to get what you want.
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by Dollyak(f): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
This is the time for tinubu to replan and look for a way to move SW forward. The system needs to change first, to stop this kind of mess. Too many powers in high places.

Buhari can't change Nigeria with this kind of restrictive and uninspiring system of government. Nigeria needs a change of structure.
Re: Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam by nerodenero: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
The report is heavily pregnant and by the time the child is born, it would have been 2019 and the battle would have been won/lost. The losing party would now start pointing accusing fingers at one another.

Tinubu like OBJ have made themselves extremely relevant in Nigerian politics but Tinubu needs to learn from OBJ on how to manage Northerners. Northern polithiefcians are power-drunk and are the most ethnic bigots in the country. Take it or leave it, they taught Tinubu some lessons and if PMB behaves like Jonathan, then the race for 2019 would be more keenly contested than 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay / Must Read; The Words Of Peter W Bother(former S.A president). true reflection / The Difference Between A Minister And A Minister Of State Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.