Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? (1610 Views)

Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Did Jesus Actually Died For Our Sins?? / Big Bang Or God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by kinggenesis(m): 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
The Bible didn't call Jesus only the son of God. #fact
Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by kinggenesis(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
Study of ancient scrolls unmistakably tell that Jesus is not God, rather mis translated scripture supervised by the Romans say Jesus is God, when no such thing was recorded in Jerusalem rather we have Rome saying so and presenting a Jesus that in all ramifications resembles their pagan Christs. I am not an id.iot.
Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by Faremisodeeq(m): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
I see muslims hear quoting the bible
Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by mustymatic(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=Nairalane post=34993653][/quote] Okay na god I hope other christians believe it too
Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by mustymatic(m): 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=Nairalane post=34993653][/quote] Okay, thai is god...well where is it in the Bible that god dwelled in them? Do god also dwell in u?
Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by Appleyard(m): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
ayoku777:

John 9v35 -Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the SON OF GOD?

v36 -He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?

v37 -And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen Him, and it is He that talketh with thee.

Jesus called Himself the Son of God in the above verse.

There is no verse in the gospels where Jesus Himself talking called Himself God, but He was called God by John in John 1v1 and also by Thomas in John 20v28.

John 1v1 -In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20v28 -And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God.

There are many other verses in the scriptures (but outside the gospels) where Jesus is called God.

Isaiah 9v6 -For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be on His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God,...

Jesus is called Mighty God here.

Jeremiah 23v5-6 -Behold, the days come saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous branch, and a king shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

In His days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His name whereby He shall be called, YHVH TSIDKENU.

Jesus is called Yahova Tsidkenu here.

And the scriptures cannot be broken (John 10v35)

There are more verses that show Jesus is God; but these should do.

God bless

There are direct and indirect statements in relation to a preposition in English. The difference between the two is that, one (direct) is clearly and pointedly stating the fact of something as it is, while the other (indirect) is covertly, mildly but unmistakenly stating the fact about the nature of a thing.
Not withstanding, they are both stating the same fact, pointing to the same thing, but in a different format.
Thus, a direct and an indirect statements or views, are statements pointing to the object, stating the same fact and having the same results, irrespective of the formats in their usage.

What the OP is requesting is where Jesus directly called Himself God. You have proven so far where he directly and indirectly called Himself The Son of God,
Though there is hardly a place (but there is) that He directly called Himself God, but he indirectly called and acknowledged Himself to be God: thus having the same result as in the case of if He did actually called Himself God.

For instance, in StJohn 20 vs 28, when Thomas said,
''my Lord and My God'',
Jesus did not rebuked him, but rather, confirmed what Thomas said by saying:

Vs 29....

''Thomas, because thou have seen me, thou hast bvelieved:.....''

Form the above statement and action, Jesus confirmed He is Both Lord and God.

Now check this also...

You and i know the story of Abraham, who did he had encounter with during all his days in the entire bible? Who asked him to leave his people and go to another place? Who promised Him Isaac and also demanded he sacrifice Isaac? None else but God, right?.... Good! So it was Jehovah God that Abraham had a relationship with in the bible as written in the Old Testament.

But behold the shocker! Jesus said it was Him that Abraham had encounter with! How come?

John 8 vs 56....

'' Abraham your Father rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad...''

what? Where in the entire Old testament wasw it ever written that Jesus Christ and Abraham had a relationship? No place at all! And even the Jews confronted Him on that when they reminded Him that He wasn't even up to 50 years old, yet He is saying Abraham saw Him or Heard from Him....(by this they mean that, even if 50 years was to be added to the current years of Jesus as at when he was making that statement, He still would not have been able to see Abraham, who died some hundreds of years before He Jesus was Born...see? ).

But by that indirect statement Jesus, coupled with the answer He later gave them, CLEARLY AND FACTUALLY STATED THAT HE IS THAT THE SAME GOD JEHOVAH OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.

That was why the Jews took up stones to stone Him, because they understood that by that statement, He just called Himself God.. And they knew they have only ONE GOd!

smiley

So, in a nutshell, Jesus actually called Himself God!

Finally, Jesus did actually directly called Himself God! smiley

Revelation 1:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Vs 11 to 18 said it all. Jesus all the way!cheesy:
Re: Did Jesus Actually Say He Was The Son Of God Or God Himself? by Nairalane: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
mustymatic:

Okay, thai is god...well where is it in the Bible that god dwelled in them?
Do god also dwell in u?
god `dont dwell in me, God Dwell In Me And The Apostles Too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Godly Seer/prophet / Prophet I O Samuel. The Prophet Of Our Generation / Trinity Is Blasphemy Against God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.