Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? (979 Views)

Why Do Churches Collect Fees From Intending Couples Before Officiating Wedding? / I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Champele(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2015
Please i dont mean to provoke the christians with this post,but just need to be clarified about this recent trend of churches fighting for space in the media(radio,tv,newspapers,etc),just to sell itselve and even give phone number to call,addresses to come,praying for people through these media outlets.I still doesnt understand all this.there's no different from how i run my buy and sell business. theirs is even more profitable.why is it only christians that do this,why are the muslims not doing the same?.and why is it Nigerians that are inventing these cultures? NOTE:I'm Atheist and was waiting to see a good reason to join a religion but with things like this,i laugh and remain atheist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Bugatie(m): 11:57am On Jun 21, 2015
Champele:
Please i dont mean to provoke the christians with this post,but just need to be clarified about this recent trend of churches fighting for space in the media(radio,tv,newspapers,etc),just to sell itselve and even give phone number to call,addresses to come,praying for people through these media outlets.I still doesnt understand all this.there's no different from how i run my buy and sell business. theirs is even more profitable.why is it only christians that do this,why are the muslims not doing the same?.and why is it Nigerians that are inventing these cultures? NOTE:I'm Atheist and was waiting to see a good reason to join a religion but with things like this,i laugh and remain atheist.

Cos they need to stay in business!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Champele(m): 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bugatie:

Like seriously!,its becoming suspicious.
Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Chopet(m): 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
"Gospel spreading" That's what I call it.
If u are to spread the word of God, u are to make it attract the audience
Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by XtraSmooth404: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
The ministry has to move to permanent site by all means, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Champele(m): 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Chopet:
"Gospel spreading"
That's what I call it.

If u are to spread the word of God, u are to make it attract the audience
Reason one pastor have three private jets in a country with over 60mil people living below 1dollar a day.l got it
Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Champele(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Plaetton,gatiano,ROSSIKE,Mellin.
Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
I don't really understand why u mentioned me. But anyways they got to make money from the gullible ones. Some want to be like those pastors that owns private jet while their members are dying of hunger, sickness and poverty only for them to keep chanting to always have faith and trust in god.

Church is a business in which if I venture into it with what I know right now, in &3years to come I will be the richest pastor in the whole world. But what's the essence of it all? To make money and watch others die of hunger and poverty and sickness, whereas they can help themselves with their divine power.....

I don't really blame the church. I blame the people patronising them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Champele(m): 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Mellin:
I don't really understand why u mentioned me. But anyways they got to make money from the gullible ones. Some want to be like those pastors that owns private jet while their members are dying of hunger, sickness and poverty only for them to keep chanting to always have faith and trust in god.

Church is a business in which if I venture into it with what I know right now, in &3years to come I will be the richest pastor in the whole world. But what's the essence of it all? To make money and watch others die of hunger and poverty and sickness, whereas they can help themselves with their divine power.....

I don't really blame the church. I blame the people patronising them.
Thanks dear.i mentioned you cus i've been reading your comments on religion section and im happy to meet the kind of people\person that think alike.
Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by uboma(m): 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bugatie:

Excellent response. Churches these days are now business ventures.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Advertise Itselves This Days? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens / Maintaining A Consistent Bible Study And Prayer Life. Once You Are Consistent... / TB Joshua On The Death Of Kogi State Gvnorship Election Candidate, Abubakar Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.