Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (54395 Views)

Help- How Do You Answer This Interview Question? / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Your Self / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by missbehave247(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
oyin01:
2. Tell us about yourself.

Good answer:[b][/b] "I'm a very energetic and well-rounded person who can follow instructions well. I'm a good communicator and team player. At the last department I was with, I initiated advanced medic classes for the officers who were interested in learning new first-aid techniques. It had such a positive impact that they are offering the same course again this year."

Now that is a better answer.
what about giving chances to individual with their Core-Competences, from your personal skills "YOU ARE AN HIGHLAND"
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by ochejagabriel: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
Best Response:

"WHY THE FuK DO U WANNA KNOW?"

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
Magnificent!
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by condralbede(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
jazinogold:
Spiritual answer...I am he that is in me, is greater that he that is in you!
Hmmm....say it well at least nah

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Moneyyy: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Oduok:

NIFES - Nigeria Fellowship of Evangelical Students. NSChE - Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers. Generally I played a prominent role as a team player in both offices to achieve the overall Organisation goals. Specifically: In NIFES I fostered the growth and stability of members through constant praying for their need, of which I ran a prayer box that enabled them tender their needs. Then in NSChE, I uphold the integrity of the organiztion' Constitution that was under attack at the period. I served for a duration of one session each

INTERVIEWER 1: Mr Oduok, can you give us like 5mins so we can delbrate...

Oduok: Ok, Sir

INTERVIEWER 1: So what do you think?

INTERVIEWER 2: They have come again o! His type is the one that will leave crucial work undone all in the name of prayer meetings and will always ask for 1 week leave to go for church program and will use "Anointing Oil" to stain our office documents in order to get something done.

INTERVIEWER 1: Exactly my thoughts! So we will just tell him the "usual"...Mr Oduok, come back in please"

INTERVIEWER 2: Well, we have looked at your CV and it is impressive. We will have to delibrate more and we will get in touch with you when you are needed.

Mr Oduok: Ok Sir...Thank you.

***After Oduok leaves, They rumple his CV and throw it into the Dustbin***

INTERVIEWER 1: NEXT PERSON PLEASE...

Moral: Never bring Religious and Spiritual matters into a formal and bureaucratic setting! It has ruined many.

17 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by principia: 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Another simple way to answer this question is to use the formula: EES

E: Education.............Tell them your name and the institution your attended, your course, your grade and additional training which you have acquired such as HSE, PMP, ICAN etc
E: Experience............Tell them your experience so far...this could include your Industrial training, NYSC experience and current experience if any.
Skills:.......................Tell them about your skills: this could be proficient use of softwares, Microsoft office suite, negotiations, marketing etc ( However, highlight skills that are relevant to the position)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by chinchong: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:
Answer.. My Name is Okija Juju, No relation.. cool

Graduate of Alternative Medicine and Supernatural Sciences from the University of Philladelphia in the United States of America.

I have over 10 years experience in alternative medicine, herbology and Superspiritual warfare technology from the Okija Spiritual Company Nigeria Limited where I worked for the first 4 years as an Apprentice Spiritual Engineer in our Herbology department before graduating to our Political Warfare and Fortification department as the Head Engineer in charge. I have worked with various advanced softwares like Otumokpo, Odeshi Version 3.2 and even foreign Softwares like Magun 2.2 amongst others.

I have worked on Various Projects including the 2011 election campaigns, Osisi Kan Nkwu failed project and more.

My expected salary range is 1.5 million and two black fowl and kolanut a month.

Thanks.
hmmmm!! orunmila.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Dongreat(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
My name is ***. I was born and raised in this country but studied pharmaceutical science at the university of Greenwich, England where I attained a first class degree. During the last (num) years, I have worked in various institutions n achieved many presentable skills. In my most recent position as a youth corper in d ministry of health, Calabar, I had d opportunity to complete various tasks (list a few n benefits). I enjoyed engaging in this activities as I had positive highlights about my career opportunity n I believe this experience has prepared me to take the next step n pursue a career with dis company smiley

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by buoye1(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice thread following sharps
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by ZICCKOde1st(m): 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
To be a Finance Expert has always been my aim. To achieve this, after my primary n post primary education which spanned from 1989 to 2001, I applied for andgot admitted to study Accounting at the University of Lagos, finishing in 2007. I immediately enrolled and finished professionall courses with the CIBN, ICAN in that order where I currently hold membership status as Associate member. I am presently writing my final thesis for the award of M.Sc. in International Finance due for submission at the University of Ibadan. You have before you a young energetic man, honest, seeking a newer challenge in an atmosphere with high regard for morals and initiative, who seeks always to continually improve self, others and together contribute to the overall objectives of this Organisation.

*Name's on ma resume...

4 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by LaurelP(m): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
PStacks:

Brilliant.

If I'm the CEO of the organisation. I'l tell you the position is taken. grin

Make you no come collect the office for my hand.

You know u have a point!
That may be d reason why I searched for a long time b4 I got a job although I was doing well in interviews. Maybe I was doing "too well".
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by MKO4ever(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
I did my NYsc program in Calabar at CKC teaching hospital, calabar as an Admin Officer.
I'm seeking to accept more challenges and offer real value, and am excited about this position.
Thank you.

You've got no previous work experience
Therefore you cannot be talking about accepting more challenges, if this work is about to be your first post-nysc experience

But nice intro sha
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by LaurelP(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
MKO4ever:

You've got no previous work experience
Therefore you cannot be talking about accepting more challenges, if this work is about to be your first post-nysc experience

But nice intro sha

Not true.
If you served as an Admin Officer during Nysc, you can definitely talk abt accepting more challenges. If not how will u be able to convince them u can do more dan just any other recent graduate.
I've come to realize dat one of d most reasons why ppl fail interviews is becos they are usually too modest with their answers. They doubt their ability to deliver on the job in their mind and dis affects their answers to questions.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by fardolly: 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wow
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by ademasta(m): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
Following gently
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by oyin01(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:

Graduate of Alternative Medicine and Supernatural Sciences from the University of Philladelphia in the United States of America.

I have over 10 years experience in alternative medicine, herbology and Superspiritual warfare technology from the Okija Spiritual Company Nigeria Limited where I worked for the first 4 years as an Apprentice Spiritual Engineer in our Herbology department before graduating to our Political Warfare and Fortification department as the Head Engineer in charge. I have worked with various advanced softwares like Otumokpo, Odeshi Version 3.2 and even foreign Softwares like Magun 2.2 amongst others.

I have worked on Various Projects including the 2011 election campaigns, Osisi Kan Nkwu failed project and more.

Thanks.
A typical Nigerian. They make jest out of every serious matter. Is that how you wil answer the question if you are actually sitting in from of Adenuga, Dangote or Ben Bruce for your final interview?
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by beyoncausme: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
great answers...
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by jauntty: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:

Thanks.
This guy just made my day. Veryyyyyy funnnnnyyyyyy !!

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by adepiero: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
This is a very tricky question which many people fail to understand not to talk of interpreting.

Everything about you is already on your CV but what the interviewer wants to hear is what you didn't write there and how to communicate it.

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Dapsynzeal(m): 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
I did my NYsc program in Calabar at CKC teaching hospital, calabar as an Admin Officer.
I'm seeking to accept more challenges and offer real value, and am excited about this position.
Thank you.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Horlaz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Am buari Jonathan obasanjo, am a graduate of otuoke university where I hav bcs in zoology,I did my nycs youth @ota farm and I av 2years working experience in daura farm where I ws clerk of the work,thanks...sekena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by PStacks(m): 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:

You know u have a point!
That may be d reason why I searched for a long time b4 I got a job although I was doing well in interviews. Maybe I was doing "too well".

I love confident people like sh*it

But it still pays to keep your head low atimes.

Do your thing bro!
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
Okijajuju1:

Thanks.
Thank you Mr. OKIJA
As a follow up can you tell us of a time when you drove a new idea at your shrine? how did you identify and manage the stakeholders involved in the process.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Chrisbenogor:

Thank you Mr. OKIJA
As a follow up can you tell us of a time when you drove a new idea at your shrine? how did you identify and manage the stakeholders involved in the process.
Hahahahaha
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by jomoh: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:

Develop on your responsibilities and achievements while working here

[s]I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where[/s] I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
Thank you.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by damocheezy(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
What they want to hear is simply your elevator's pitch. Google search how to make one for yourself. Thank you.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Bolarge(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
damocheezy:
What they want to hear is simply your elevator's pitch. Google search how to make one for yourself. Thank you.
Elevator speech you mean.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by AdeniyiA(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
penquin:
My name is gej i had no shoes grin grin grin
your legs too big...
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Freksy(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Austinleo: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
I think i can provide a little bit of help here.... Just a breakdown

To effectively answer the “Tell Me About Yourself” question, your response should be broken into five categories.

Recent professional achievements
Educational achievements
Applicable skills
Professional goals
Reason for interest in the company

Always avoid telling your life story or irrelevant things....
Note: "Tell me about yourself" should be short/simple and say more about you....
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by braivheart: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
bellong:

The question is not for you to answer what you think but what the interviewer want.

The single most important strategy in job hunting- You want to be selling what the buyer is buying: The key to all successful interview is to match your qualifications/skills to what the interviewer/recruiter is looking for.

You should only talk about some of your career accomplishments and hobbies related to the job you are applying for.

Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the position. Instead of giving a chronological life history, focus only on your strengths and how they relate to the role/position advertised.

Connect your abilities to the employer's requirements. Do not assume that the employer will do it for you.

Example of a good answer...

I'm really energetic and a great communicator. Working in sales for 3 years helped me build confidence, and taught me the importance of customer loyalty. I launched a company newsletter, which helped us build on our existing relationships and create new ones. Because of this, we ended up with an increased revenue of 15% over 8 months. My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time.

The example described your strength, what you can bring or offer the company and why they should hire you. In essence, tell me about yourself is referring to "sell us yourself or proof to us why we should hire you". They don't need your life history, it is already on your resume.

The best so far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Recruitment Interview / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? / Salary For Arik Air Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.