Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,594 members, 7,840,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. (1302 Views)

ODUMEGWU OJUKWU POLYTECHNIC - Is This School Accredited? / Oko Polytechnic Rector Weeps As Corrupt Lecturer Is Exposed By ACTU (Photos) / Delta State Polytechnic Otefe Robbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by apostlelic(m): 2:28am On Jun 22, 2015
THE TRUTH ABOUT OTEFE POLYTECHNIC.
Higher institution like polytechnics as the name indicate is supposed to be
a community of intellectuals who are capable of contributing their quota
to the development of a country. Contrary is the case in Delta State
Polytechnic, Otefe.
Few days in my visit to Otefe has exposed me to the real nature of that poly and how they operate. I have not in my entire life imagine that a
signature (not that kind of signature that grant you access to heaven)
could cost a penny. The reality of it happened in Otefe where it has
become a tradition that for a project supervisor to sign a topic to a project
Student, He/she must, I repeat MUST pay ten to fifteen thousand Naira.
Where on earth does that happen?. This was my first observation.
Again, a research work ought to be carried out by the student on a
particular topic. I must say at this juncture that though prayer solves all
problems but money also does. The project supervisor is not worries
about how a student carries out his/her project as he (the supervisor ) has
collect a fee for such work. from a source, the money paid by each Student is between twenty to thirty thousand Naira, total payments for project is
fifty thousand naira. This is a taboo to Nigeria educational system and it
will act as a set back to the improvement of education in Nigeria.
What happen to an idle mind?, Since there are No or Little school activities
to partake on by the students, They (students) are therefore free to roam
about in the streets attending one party to another, visiting the club more than their lecture theater and above all partaking in prostitution.
Can you blame the parents for this?, The parents of those students cannot
be blamed as they don't have an eagle eyes or eye of the gods to watch
the activities of their children.
This situation tormented me and my first move was to report this case of
unscrupulousness to the appropriate authority. To my dismay, The school author knows about this.
I am using this medium to call on the ministry of education to use a
proper step in eradicating this ugly menace that has taken over our
institution.
We are tired of seeing HALF -BAKED graduates on the street.
What therefore is the essence of education?, If this problem cannot be curtailed..
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by Boyoboy9(m): 4:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari is fighting corruption
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by jaelz(m): 6:00am On Jun 22, 2015
It's no new thing that corruption exists in every state,may God help us.
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by Jerrosky1986(m): 6:04am On Jun 22, 2015
Okowa need to sack d rector of dat sch.in fact i wil inform my Governor now
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 22, 2015
Come to abiapoly
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by boboLIL(m): 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
University is nat sec0ndary sch00l....erase sec0ndary sch00l mentality and adapt t0 the game...ts everywhea....
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by duran2059(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by duran2059(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
boboLIL:
University is nat sec0ndary sch00l....erase sec0ndary sch00l mentality and adapt t0 the game...ts everywhea....
The op is right, cause it's everywhere doesn't make it right! We need to stop these things!

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, olawalebabs, Richiez, Fynestboi
Re: See How Corrupt Delta State Polytechnic Is.. by boboLIL(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
duran2059:

The op is right, cause it's everywhere doesn't make it right! We need to stop these things!

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, olawalebabs, Richiez, Fynestboi
0ya stp c0rrupti0n in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Pro Paperwritings / First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG / Simple Ways To Show Courtesy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.