Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,805 members, 7,862,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Doctors WARN: Too Much Consumption Of Paracetamol Causes Kidney Disease - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors WARN: Too Much Consumption Of Paracetamol Causes Kidney Disease (421 Views)

Aso Rock Clinic DOES NOT Have Paracetamol Or Cotton Wool - TheCable / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / I Found Dis Inside A Paracetamol Tab. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctors WARN: Too Much Consumption Of Paracetamol Causes Kidney Disease by Flame4chi(m): 6:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Repeated use of paracetamol, commonly
referred to ‘panadol’ can lead to kidney disease
says Dr. Aliyu Dahiru Waziri at the department
of Hematology, Ahmadu Bello University
Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Shika, Zaria.
In a lecture titled ‘Managing Sickle Cell Crises’, on
Friday, the doctor said research has shown that
consistent consumption of paracetamol can affect
the function of the kidney.
The lecture, according to Daily Trust was organised
by the Safiyya Sickle Cell Foundation, a non-
governmental organisation a$$ists people living
with sickle cell anaemia.
The lecture took place at the ABU main campus in
Samaru.
Daily Trust quotes the doctor saying: “I think that is
why we are experiencing frequent kidney cases in
Nigeria. I want to advise Nigerians to avoid the habit
of frequent intake of panadol to avoid the chances
of being infected by kidney disease.
“Some factors that predispose to sickle cell crises
include;dehydration, infection, extreme
temperature, stress, pregnancy, high altitude and
extreme physical exercise.”
Foundation leader, Mrs. Ronke Daudu, added during
the lecture that the objectives of the foundation
were eliminating sickle cells anaemia, stopping
stigmatisation of patients and rendering a$$istance
to the victims.
Meanwhile a new study has also discovered that
painkillers could have a harmful effect on fertility,
and women who have plans of having babies are
advised to use with caution.
-Naij
Re: Doctors WARN: Too Much Consumption Of Paracetamol Causes Kidney Disease by 3ace(m): 6:24am On Jun 22, 2015
Swallowing all manners of chalk regularly is bad for health.
Re: Doctors WARN: Too Much Consumption Of Paracetamol Causes Kidney Disease by mikigen(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2015
Na wa o too much of paracetamol? And we those in the village that stress themselves up every single day working just to feed...the only common fever relief they kw in paracetamol yet you will never hear of such cases there....I guess city life actually has a lot of roles to play when it comes to health.

(1) (Reply)

OOU Accident: Relations In Frantic Search For Corpses / The Best Product Skin Care / How Can You Overcome Infertility?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.