Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,839 members, 7,824,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Just Before You Dilute That Breed... - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Just Before You Dilute That Breed... (1991 Views)

Bobbysaxyy's Breed Caucasian Sheperd For Sale / Petlanders What Attracted You To That Breed You Are Keeping Now / Popular Dogs In Nigeria And Their Breed Info (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2015
It's easy to grab a dam on heat, throw her at an equally randy sire and sit back and watch a bout of canine fornication. Fast-forward to 9-10 weeks and you have yourself a litter of furry cuties. The next step? Go on over to Nairaland, OLX and Facebook and put the pups up for sale proclaiming those sweet adjectives everyone loves to hear: pure breed, fantastic bloodline, pedigree, imported parents with papers, etc etc.

But just before you do all these please pause a moment to ponder,

What exactly am I about to do?
Am I about to dilute a breed?
What will be the outcome of what am about to do?
How will the resultant puppies look?
Can I adequately defend my actions afterwards?

In our quest to make that buck off our dogs in the name of dog breeding, we should not lose hold of the fact that it behooves on us to turn out the best pups in terms of health, looks, disease-resistance and untainted breed standards. It is a duty!

The pictures below (of absolute flawless breed standard) are of a (i) fawn boerboel with distinctive broad 'webbed' paws, dark 'rumpled' mask, a fine coat and a sturdy build highlighted by powerful looking hind legs and (ii) a rottweiler with a well-rounded forehead (boxhead), clear face (distinct mahogany dots above each eye) and body markings, broad paws, a fine coat and a sturdy build.

BUYER BEWARE: The pictures are both culled from Instagram. The boerboel is listed by @petplanetnigeria in Lagos with no price stated while the rott is listed by rivercityrottweilers in Texas, USA for a price of $3,000 excluding shipping.

Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by generalj1(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
i tot i have told nairalanders that petplanet na scam... embarassed lipsrsealed kiss cry undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yes you have sir but I believe you wrote as regards an entirely personal matter. With absolutely no intentions of holding brief for him, I got my lhasa apso from him FREE and at our meeting, he came across as a gentleman.

That said, please allow me to point out that my post was in no way intended to propagandize his person or his business.
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by generalj1(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2015
@ DidiLove1..i hear you.

apparently your lhasa apso was not worth the scan so yes..you can get it while your testimony can lure others to him and when they subscribe to get a more expensive dog or the supposed imported dog they get scammed.

i hold pet lovers here at high esteem and like family so i wont hold back in letting them know.

please whats copying a dog from internet and pasting it on your site called ?

you dont even copy someones writet up and put it in your own without referencing them..

i rest my case...am not going to trade words with you.

have a nice day
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 9:56am On Jun 23, 2015
Mr generalj1,

Yes I do not intend to trade words with you as well sir so I will keep it short and simple.

If you got scammed by Petplanet that's your headache not mine. Live with it.

I write for a living so every single word you see here is mine not anyone else's.

If you were not such a slowpoke sir, you would have noticed the caveat at the end of post clearly stating that the pictures were culled from Instagram.
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by oluomoadebayo: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2015
DidiLove1:
Mr generalj1,

Yes I do not intend to trade words with you as well sir so I will keep it short and simple.

If you got scammed by Petplanet that's your headache not mine. Live with it.

I write for a living so every single word you see here is mine not anyone else's.

If you were not such a slowpoke sir, you would have noticed the caveat at the end of post clearly stating that the pictures were culled from Instagram.
what's your contact?
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 10:54am On Jun 23, 2015
oluomoadebayo:
what's your contact?

In respect of what sir?
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by arcbay(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
DidiLove1:
It's easy to grab a dam on heat, throw her at an equally randy sire and sit back and watch a bout of canine fornication. Fast-forward to 9-10 weeks and you have yourself a litter of furry cuties. The next step? Go on over to Nairaland, OLX and Facebook and put the pups up for sale proclaiming those sweet adjectives everyone loves to hear: pure breed, fantastic bloodline, pedigree, imported parents with papers, etc etc.

But just before you do all these please pause a moment to ponder,

What exactly am I about to do?
Am I about to dilute a breed?
What will be the outcome of what am about to do?
How will the resultant puppies look?
Can I adequately defend my actions afterwards?

In our quest to make that buck off our dogs in the name of dog breeding, we should not lose hold of the fact that it behooves on us to turn out the best pups in terms of health, looks, disease-resistance and untainted breed standards. It is a duty!

The pictures below (of absolute flawless breed standard) are of a (i) fawn boerboel with distinctive broad 'webbed' paws, dark 'rumpled' mask, a fine coat and a sturdy build highlighted by powerful looking hind legs and (ii) a rottweiler with a well-rounded forehead (boxhead), clear face (distinct mahogany dots above each eye) and body markings, broad paws, a fine coat and a sturdy build.

BUYER BEWARE: The pictures are both culled from Instagram. The boerboel is listed by @petplanetnigeria in Lagos with no price stated while the rott is listed by rivercityrottweilers in Texas, USA for a price of $3,000 excluding shipping.

Exactly what we've always preached...I guess I've been using extreme measures anyways, prolly that's why I keep getting "burnt" for my write-ups. Nice one Op...We've had our differences in the past, but I agree with you on this one...
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
arcbay:

Exactly what we've always preached...I guess I've been using extreme measures anyways, prolly that's why I keep getting "burnt" for my write-ups. Nice one Op...We've had our differences in the past, but I agree with you on this one...

Thank you mate but can't remember having any squabbles with you. I keep to my lane as humanly as possible.
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by arcbay(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
DidiLove1:

Thank you mate but can't remember having any squabbles with you. I keep to my lane as humanly as possible.
Playing diplomatic, nice one....

Nice lane you're keeping to, cheers!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2015
arcbay:

Playing diplomatic, nice one....

Nice lane you're keeping to, cheers!!!

What exactly are you talking about please?
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by Prodeegee(m): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
DidiLove1:

What exactly are you talking about please?

Now that's how quarrels are started in this section.

Three people dropped comments, and you tend to attack each of them indirectly.

First generalj1, I remember him saying he got scammed by this same petplanet. What do we preach if we go on spreading scammer's names on nairaland? Someone else gets scammed.

Furthermore, generalj1 was talking of petplanet copying pictures from the Internet, not you, and made reference to bloggers copying posts from the net.

Besides, the boerboel puppy you posted, I won't buy for even cheap. Doesn't look boerboel to me. And it's sold by petplanet I guess. Don't know of the rott cos I'm not into rotts.

Next iss olomoadebayo, asking for your contact, phone number or email. But you weren't patient enough to understand.

Next is arcbay, commending you but you rather picked on the other part of the comment.

What I'm trying to say is, lets act as one. You made a lovely post, which thousands of nairalanders are still going to learn from. Do you want them to scroll down and see bullsh*ts?

Seriously, we all need some chills. We are quick to spot out someone else's bullsh*t but never notice when we're making one.

No quarrels intended pls, just a correction. Pls and pls.

My2cents

2 Likes

Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Prodeegee:

Now that's how quarrels are started in this section.

Three people dropped comments, and you tend to attack each of them indirectly.

First generalj1, I remember him saying he got scammed by this same petplanet. What do we preach if we go on spreading scammer's names on nairaland? Someone else gets scammed.

Furthermore, generalj1 was talking of petplanet copying pictures from the Internet, not you, and made reference to bloggers copying posts from the net.

Besides, the boerboel puppy you posted, I won't buy for even cheap. Doesn't look boerboel to me. And it's sold by petplanet I guess. Don't know of the rott cos I'm not into rotts.

Next iss olomoadebayo, asking for your contact, phone number or email. But you weren't patient enough to understand.

Next is arcbay, commending you but you rather picked on the other part of the comment.

What I'm trying to say is, lets act as one. You made a lovely post, which thousands of nairalanders are still going to learn from. Do you want them to scroll down and see bullsh*ts?

Seriously, we all need some chills. We are quick to spot out someone else's bullsh*t but never notice when we're making one.

No quarrels intended pls, just a correction. Pls and pls.

My2cents

But I do not understand what you are correcting me for sir.

How are my responses attacks? Did you not read the part where I clearly stated to Mr general that I will not hold brief for Petplanet and that my post was not in any way meant to propagandize his business and yet he kept on about copying someone else's write up and pasting. I write part-time for a living and in that line of profession, being accused of plagiarism is not something you take lying low.

Next comes the guy asking for my contacts and I simply want to know why. I did not put any dogs up for sale or anything of the sorts so someone after reading my post suddenly starts asking for my contact(s) will definitely arouse my calling for certainties on why he wants to contact me. Or don't you this so?

Then comes arcbay, stating that I've had differences with him in the past which honestly I absolutely do not remember and pointedly told him so.

Finally, you sir.

Contrary to your lopsided claims, I addressed every single part of arcbay's statement or do you find it difficult to read that my response actually started with 'thank you'. . The caveat on the pictures is just a warning that should the pictures be seen anywhere outside Instagram, like OLX for instance, and not being advertised by the two sellers I mentioned, the buyer should exercise extreme caution. This is as simple as it gets.

Finally, let me make this clear. I AM NOT A DOG BREEDER neither do I sell dogs so please, do not drag me into this childish knowledge superiority game and super-breeder bragging rights nonsense you guys keep playing on this forum. I was not asking you to buy boerbels from Petplanet so I dont know where your saying the dog doesn't look boerboel to you and you wont buy it for cheap is coming from. I come here for the sake of my two dogs.

No quarrels intended from this end too sir, just setting the records straight.
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by Prodeegee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
What more can I say?

You made a lovely post. You're a straightforward person.

How are your dogs?
Re: Just Before You Dilute That Breed... by DidiLove1: 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
They are doing well, thank you.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! 7 Months Old Superb Male GSD Available For Sale 65k / Please what is the breed of The Dog Of My New Neighbour? / Majors In The Pet Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.