Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,446 members, 7,861,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

APC Governors Assemble In Abuja To Ask Buhari For Bailout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Assemble In Abuja To Ask Buhari For Bailout (386 Views)

IPOB Members Assemble In Lines As Shield To Protect Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy / Photo Of Governor Okorocha On A Private Jet Looking For Bailout. / APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Governors Assemble In Abuja To Ask Buhari For Bailout by akwabassey: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts.
They are Okorochas (Imo), Ambode (Lagos), Al-Makura (Nassarawa), Aregbesola (Osun), Masari (Katsina), Ganduje (Kano) and Ajimobi (Oyo)
This is Serious Matter.
if you can't manager your budget, how can you manage a bailout?
The osun state governor has announced that banks are refusing to lend him anything now!!
A bank knows you get billions of Naira every MONTH from the federal, but won't lend you money because they know you can't pay them back due to your incompetence.

But for the sake of saying I'm APC and I'm yoruba people will defend this ape without consequence.
The bottom line is Osun for example started O Meals, which is giving kids a horrible god forsaken piece of Garri and soup EVERY SINGLE DAY for 365 years. Great program right? Fine, but they didn't think 'will this cost money' and 'how will i raise the funds'. Didn't they think to increase taxes or cut spending elsewhere? No. They borrowed.
Okorocha made 'education free' in Imo. Did he increase tax anywhere, or think of a way to raise the money? No. He just borrowed
Fashola has used all the increased tax to pay Tinubu.
All of these governors did these things not to advance their states but to promote their own person.
These are all polices intended to deceive the poor that are no different from throwing rice on the floor and people praising you because they can pick it up and cook with it.

No plan, nothing is being 'built', people aren't being taught how to sustain themselves, employment isn't created lives aren't advanced.
They're #1 in education now and don't have to include education in their budget at all.
They privatized health care. They're #1 in healthcare and don't have to include that in their budget at all. What's left is continuing to build their roads and aid their factories.
Today IMO stand toe to toe with Osun and Zamafara to beg for money from a Cattle Rearer with No Education!

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Assemble In Abuja To Ask Buhari For Bailout by brownlolly(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Some of these governors met this mess since they just resumed about a month ago. As for the others who have been there for a while, what can I say?
Re: APC Governors Assemble In Abuja To Ask Buhari For Bailout by Excellent7(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
It's a pity that governance at the state level has been reduced to this especially with respect to the 2nd term state governors.
For the 2nd term governors, I consider this to be proof of lack of capacity in management of financial resources.
For the first term governors, I might be more lenient, but this is obviously an indictment on their predecessor's managerial skills.
All in all the buck stops at the President's table and he should be careful to treat these requests with caution, so as not be seen to be to be rewarding incompetence.
If any bailout must be given at all, the Presidency must exact very strict conditions so that the bailout does not go the way of their statutory allocations.
In a democracy with separation of powers supposedly at the 3 tiers, I think it will not be a bad idea to request that the state governors cede the management of their state finances to the federal government in exchange for bailouts. These bailouts should not be free money, but loans on interests below commercial rates (say 7.5 to 10%) and restricted in what they can be used for with a tenure not more than 1 year for repayment after say a 2 month moratorium. It should be like an advance release of allocations. The Federal government collects the total sum with interests in a 12 months monthly deduction from the states' allocation at source.
Financial profligacy must not be rewarded.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obama To Host Buhari At The White House On July 20th / Vacancy At The Senate / Keyamo Says Diezani Must Be Probed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.