Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. (17590 Views)

Obaseki Contracts New Aircraft For Aerial Survey Of Benin City (Photos) / U.S. To Approve Attack Aircraft For Nigeria In Boko Haram Fight / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Dr Ade Abolurin, Commandant-General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), says the Corps had concluded plans to deploy about 500 drones and aircraft for proper surveillance of oil installations in the country. Abolurin disclosed this on Monday in Abuja at a meeting with senior officers of the Corps as part of efforts to strengthen its operational strategy.

He said that the move was in line with the new administration’s resolve to tackle the issue of oil theft headlong to boost the economic revenue accrued to the country. The NSCDC boss, who decried the spate of pipeline vandalism and oil theft in the country, said the corps was working round the clock to stem the tide.

He said the corps was exploring new ways to monitor and protect the pipelines, especially the use of technology and sophisticated gadgets to track down the vandals. “I can assure you that we are already exploring new approaches which will include the massive deployment of technology as opposed to the outdated conventional approach you are use to,’’ he said.

He said that some drones had already been deployed on a test run basis in some areas in the Niger Delta region such as Bayelsa, to test its efficacy. Abolurin also said that officers of the corp’s anti-vandalism unit had also undergone refresher training in line with international best practice to deal with the menace.

He said that so far this year about, 250 vandals had been directly arrested, while another 100 were arrested by other security agencies and handed over to them for prosecution, with 35 successfully convicted. He said the corps had also stepped up its protection of other critical infrastructure in the country such as power installation, telecommunication masts and equipment so as to ensure better service delivery to Nigerians.

The commandant-general called on the media, host communities and other stakeholders to cooperate with the NSCDC and other security agencies to tackle the challenge of oil theft and pipeline vandalism. On the issue of the recent promotion exercise in the corps, he said the process was done transparently and in line with due process as opposed to insinuations in some quarters.

He assured that the NSCDC would continue to do its best to ensure the security of lives and property in line with its mandate.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/oil-theft-nscdc-to-deploy-drones-aircraft-for-surveillance/

SONS OF AN ANIMAL

angry

THIS THING LOOK LIKE DRONE TO YOUundecided

IF YOU WON DO NEWS REPORT, AT LEAST FIND DRONE PICTURE PUT NA.

YOU JUST WANT MAKE I CALL MUMU.

SHALL I NO GO CALL YOU MUMU
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by obailala(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
[size=13pt]Nigeria lost approximately $72 billion to oil theft alone in the last 5 years.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by sammyj: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good initiative coming from a proactive government !!
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by ifyan(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
So we have all this and they kept mute. Baba GOD dey watch oh.

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by PStacks(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
I owe Nobody no apology.
#Buhari is a Modern-day Jesus Christ.
The Saviour of Nigeria..
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by persius555(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
PrinxArthur1:
does NSDc know the cost a drone?
Good development, but it took too long. Civillian UAVs not armed drones. This technology is commonly used in the middle east and america.

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Billygee2u: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
with the ammunition GEJ bought,you want to use against ND?
defeat BH first,then we will know that you can defeat ND.
tribal bigots.
BUHARI govt. have shown signs of one sided rule

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by DropShot: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
gj22:
Talk of resources being underutilised. This is something that should be used to fight boko haram not oil thieves.
You mean all Nigerian resources are needed to be concentrated on BH?
I no go blame you. Na weting Jona's ineptitude cause be dat but worry not, things will soon change.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by devour129: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
why is OGA AT THE TOP running through my head ?
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by mainheart(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
overhypedsteve:
Nice move. I wonder why the whole airforce and army will be fighting common oil theft when we have the NSCDC and the MARINE POLICE unit. If na piracy i for dey hear. What is the sense in using gunships to attack AK 47 wielding militants in the south when those assets can be deployed in the northern hot beds.. Empower NSCDC and NAVY and leave the army and airforce to protect the nations territorial integrity that is being violated on a daily basis in the north. Ok the army and airforce is fighting bokoharam and militants, what then is NSCDC,NAVY,DSS(that one self done turn to vip body guard agency)and MARINE POLICE doing? What are their role in moving the country forward? Or are they just going to be sitting down or going around totting AK47 and FNFAL'S. Policemen go dey arrest innocent boys wey dey come back from club for night dey call dem criminals oya make una go NIGERDELTA go catch "CRIMINALS" useless institutions.
Go to Bornu and Yobe u will see high number of MOPOL and conventional police working together with Army. or the are not police
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
can we leave this oil alone and focus on other things angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by boujaye: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:
Why not use same drones for boko haram where we have faceless terrorist undecided

what? 500 drones or 500 APC brooms? where d money dey for Buhari to buy am? i dont biliv undecided
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by boujaye: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:
Why not use same drones for boko haram where we have faceless terrorist undecided

what? 500 drones or 500 APC brooms? where d money dey for Buhari to buy am? i dont biliv undecided

Oga at the top, you are on your own (OYO)
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kill at sight anyone that touches the pipeline
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Masculity(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:

A surveillance drone iis estimated at $10,000 Multiplied by 500 iis just too much for our fragile economy when there are other alternatives undecided

So you believe them undecided

fingers crossed!
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by BLOTRS: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
PStacks:
I will take a Bullet for #Buhari, anybody that wants to shoot Buhari should pls take me first.

#Buhari4Mankind
go to your kitchen, get a kitchen knife and stab yourself...share the pix here to prove your loyalty to buhari...oya we dey wait
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by GeorgeAmax(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
The way babaonechance is serious about d oil theft matter, if he can put d same effort in d fight against boko haram, he could wipe out d boko harams within a month.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:

A surveillance drone iis estimated at $10,000 Multiplied by 500 iis just too much for our fragile economy when there are other alternatives undecided

There's little drones can do in that instance. They can only be effective if you're looking for a particular individual.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by mayorski01(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:

other alternatives like?? maybe u mean paying ex bandits to guard the pipelines. i support drones over MEND or OPC anytime
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
boujaye:

Oga at the top, you are on your own (OYO)

undecided
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by PStacks(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
BLOTRS:

go to your kitchen, get a kitchen knife and stab yourself...share the pix here to prove your loyalty to buhari...oya we dey wait

This could only have been inspired from a saTANoids Mind.. I rebuke that Satan in you to Otuoke
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by dollarlander: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:

That is $5,000,000 right!!! Is that not better compared to over $20Bln Jonathan wasted on the Niger Delta Militants, presidential jets he bought to be carrying hundreds of people with him anytime he travelled for official duties and nothing to show for it.
If we have the drones, they can be used for situations when the needs arise and they are national asset rather than individual pocket they will come and use to intimidate you.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by mayorski01(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:
Good!

Better than the OPC thugs!

abi nw.. there is nothing in this world as good as common sense.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by writetopoker: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
alaoeri:
Is like all government agencies are waking up from their slumbers yet some mofos are saying PMB has not start working.
adamu, do u know the meaning of "to deploy' it means not yet may be still plannimg towards. Ajakutasteelindustry like u
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by executivegej: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Minister of economy!! So na u de estimate status of economy.
vimi:

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by alaoeri: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
writetopoker:
adamu, do u know the meaning of "to deploy' it means not yet may be still plannimg towards. Ajakutasteelindustry like u
Didirin din robo, did they even thought of it during the clueless one era? Ode

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by 9jatatafo(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
The watchman over the pipeline is the one aiding oil theft and also steals the oil. The drones are just waste of money. The oil securities are the thieves!
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by mavinc4u(f): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
So much noise every where. Anyway, I believe in action and not words. All these are nothing but noise and initial gra gra. What has been said but have not been done are like heap of sand on the ground. When they are serious and ready to move this country forward then I would know.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by marv1: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:

That is cheap compared to how much nigeria is lossing everyday.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by BOWOTO(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
vimi:

you Sef dey believe them.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by fabulouskeem(m): 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
persius555:
Good development, but it took too long. Civillian UAVs not armed drones. This technology is commonly used in the middle east and america.

You ar correct bro...in the U.S they use dron to monitor illegal immigrants during the day and night across it border. So as me i think it's a good move. The drone will report a live feeds to the security headquarters so quick action could take place before more damage is done to the pipeline.

Na my own 5kobo contribution be dat
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by princely83(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Drones ko drone nii....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Disagrees With Southern Governors, Insists FG Should Collect VAT / Sanwo-Olu Inaugurates Mini Housing Scheme, Vocational Centre In Surulere / Opposition Behind Naira Frustration In Nigeria: Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.