Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. (17593 Views)

Obaseki Contracts New Aircraft For Aerial Survey Of Benin City (Photos) / U.S. To Approve Attack Aircraft For Nigeria In Boko Haram Fight / Oil Theft: NNPC To Deploy Drones In Nigeria’s Territorial Waters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by 400billionman: 3:10am On Jun 23, 2015
We are waiting
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Akanaz(m): 6:39am On Jun 23, 2015
Though this is a nice move, but a proper assessment of this situation will reveal that extravagant amount will be exausted on the implementation of this where there are other sectors that need to be financed badly. Thefore the govt should look other strategy that will be safe, cost effective and efficient.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by thegoodone2(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2015
puregirls:
angry

NSCDC or what?

they are the main culprit behind oil theft..most of their officers delegated to secure NNPC pipeline are thieves at night

dont quote me i witness their illegal operation in ilroin along Ita-elepa along Off Garage back then in 2013. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You are a vandal
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by persius555(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2015
charlesucheh:
These OGAS AT THE TOP and their wahala.
Where, when, how would they get the aforementioned items? So he thinks he can fool Nigerian with mere media tricks abi? And pls! That Chengdu airforce fighter jet shouldn't be there, it's not for the NSCDC,

These NSCDC pple are very funny pple ooO!!! LMAO
Dont say what u dont know about the NSCDC. FYI, this is the only para military agency that recruits tertiary institution graduates unlike the others. Its men are diligent and very professional in their approach unlike the police that are very brutal and uncivilized.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 23, 2015
DropShot:
Na now Asari and his boys go no say khaki (Jonathan) no be leather (Buhari).

TANoids, we told you guys b4 the election that General Means Business but you didn't listen.

The time has now come for Nigeria to engage in proper governance where militants will no longer dictate how responsible Nigerians live their life.

Kudos to PMB, a silent achiever.
grin silent achiever is d right name for baba....
if you like call him name .....e no go talk.e no go even reply......but e get him plan wey e wan excute,during certificate issue aw many time do u see him reply....I bliv d old general die

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2015
Akanaz:
Though this is a nice move, but a proper assessment of this situation will reveal that extravagant amount will be exausted on the implementation of this where there are other sectors that need to be financed badly. Thefore the govt should look other strategy that will be safe, cost effective and efficient.
The move is in line and welcomed. If the FG fails to secure our pipelines that transport our crude and refined oil, our major income earner, other sectors would be badly affected.

God bless the President.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Sidajili: 11:09am On Jun 23, 2015
Nice move. I just hope these are proper surveillance drones with IR/Thermal sensors and not some multi-rotors meant for film making. I can tell you that $10,000 cant get the type of drone that will produce effective and actionable intelligence considering pipeline surveillance. I do hope they made the right choice in technology selection wink
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by gj22(m): 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
jaysniggs:

Right now oil sale is not fetching us as much money as it used to before.
Now we have crises in 2 sections of the country.
1) Where the money is sucked out.
2) Where a war is going on.

"Scale of preference"
Did you study ecomonics at all?

Lol. Since when did money become more important than human lives? People are dying daily and you you are bordered about oil theft? Nawa
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by gj22(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
DropShot:

You mean all Nigerian resources are needed to be concentrated on BH?
I no go blame you. Na weting Jona's ineptitude cause be dat but worry not, things will soon change.

Do you know what a drone surveillance is? Do you know what it can do? Fighting oil theft is underutilising that technology. Or are you saying catching thieves is more important than saving human lives? Christ.

And I didn't say all resources, I said this particular resource.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by Sahabg(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
So does that mean that the jf17 deal is off?

Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by jaysniggs: 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
gj22:

Lol. Since when did money become more important than human lives? People are dying daily and you you are bordered about oil theft? Nawa

Smh have you lost account of what happened when the doctors went on strike?
Without oil, there is no money to pay docs
Well for now
Without oil there is nothing to keep our nation running.
Or should we keep mute and live by the orders of the oil importers?
The greater danger here is those who do as they please at the detriment of the majority.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by horlams: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
PrinxArthur1:
NAF doesnt have upto 15 drones talkless of NSCDC getting 500 units lol
UAV is different from UCAV. We produce UAVs in Nigeria(Gulma,amebo,etc.) which cn be used effectively 4 surveillance
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
horlams:
UAV is different from UCAV. We produce UAVs in Nigeria(Gulma,amebo,etc.) which cn be used effectively 4 surveillance
but what was on the context was umanned Ariel vehicle guy(uav)and mind u we produce both ichoku(ucav)
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by gj22(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
jaysniggs:

Smh have you lost account of what happened when the doctors went on strike?
Without oil, there is no money to pay docs
Well for now
Without oil there is nothing to keep our nation running.
Or should we keep mute and live by the orders of the oil importers?
The greater danger here is those who do as they please at the detriment of the majority.

Are you suggesting that oil theft if a greater problem than bh?
Do you watch the news? Do you know about the war in Syria? Don't you know that that could be Nigeria in a flash if the BH problem is not tackled before it escalates? Don't you know that thousands of nigerians, if not tens of thousands, have died already from the BH problem?
Or you think because you are not in that region and you are not in immediate danger it can't get to you?is it until it escalates before you know that every single life is important?

Tell me what will be the point of oil when the whole of Nigeria is at war with each other.

I can't believe you are suggesting that catching oil thieves should come before saving lives of citizens.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by jaysniggs: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
gj22:

Are you suggesting that oil theft if a greater problem than bh?
Do you watch the news? Do you know about the war in Syria? Don't you know that that could be Nigeria in a flash if the BH problem is not tackled before it escalates? Don't you know that thousands of nigerians, if not tens of thousands, have died already from the BH problem?
Or you think because you are not in that region and you are not in immediate danger it can't get to you?is it until it escalates before you know that every single life is important?

Tell me what will be the point of oil when the whole of Nigeria is at war with each other.

I can't believe you are suggesting that catching oil thieves should come before saving lives of citizens.

Oh brother how do I make you see what I'm seeing lipsrsealed
Okay
After the inauguration steps have been taken to counter the BH insurgency.
The time to time arrival of weapons to the military,the multi task force of the neighbouring nations,the money donated and the funds released to the NA by the the General.

That is in the NE

Now in the South we have militants in the ND region,who I call "Pirates Of The Niger Delta"
These pirates go from stealing on water to stealing on land, they destroy pipelines, the also assault the so called "Police"
What kind of effrontery is that?
Where on sane Earth do you see that happening?
So Baba just came in and he had a meeting with the service chiefs and the hideouts of the militants are blown up.
How is that a sin?

A good government must be able to carry out its various objectives simultaneously.

So because BH is ravaging the NE, we should neglect the militants in the ND?
Let me inform you that the same BH was once like the militants in Calabar.

This strike is a warning to all militants
Get used to it that this government will condone no nonsense from any region.
Whether in the North/South.
Cheers
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by horlams: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
PrinxArthur1:
but what was on the context was umanned Ariel vehicle guy(uav)and mind u we produce both ichoku(ucav)
I was trying to make you see the possibility of deploying 500 UAVs. Ichoku is not a UCAV
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by nairamaniac: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2015
Akanaz:
do u people know what you are saying? this is indeed the safest and cost-effective measure. 500 drones at the cost of $10,000 equates to about 1billion naira. if this cost would stop oil theft of 400,000barrels of crude oil a day which is over 4billion(naira). please compare 1billion naira purchasing drones to 4billion naira loss to vandalism and theft. also consider the suvellance contracts awarded to opc in the west and them tom polo in the niger-delta running into billions. if them Gani Adams and Tom Polo wants to protect our pipelines, they can enroll to join the Navy or Civil defence Corps. please compare the figures. this is wiser and less-costly at the end. Sai Buhari.
Re: Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. by nairamaniac: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2015
vimi:
Why not use same drones for boko haram where we have faceless terrorist undecided

A surveillance drone iis estimated at $10,000 Multiplied by 500 iis just too much for our fragile economy when there are other alternatives undecided

do u people know what you are saying? this is indeed the safest and cost-effective measure. 500 drones at the cost of$10,000 equates to about 1billion naira. if this cost would stop oil theft of 400,000barrels of crude oil a day which is over 4billion(naira). please compare 1billionnaira purchasing drones to 4billion naira loss to vandalism and theft. also consider the suvellance contracts awarded to opc inthe west and them tom polo in the niger-delta running into billions. if them Gani Adams and Tom Polo wants to protect ourpipelines, they can enroll to join the Navy or Civil defence Corps. please compare the figures. this is wiser and less-costly at the end. Sai Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola On A Condolence Visit To Deji Tinubu's Family / Don’t Dissolve Kano Emirates, APC Chieftain, Yaryasa Warns Yusuf / List The Nigerian Pastors That Made False 2015 Election Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.