Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,785 members, 7,837,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers (57829 Views)

Footballers You Never Knew They Have An Identical Twin / Aggressive Footballers.... / Top 10 Most Educated Footballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by beyoncausme: 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
well technically....
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by RobinHez(m): 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
Davids you mean? The guy even fought someone in a charity match lol
grin grin
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

I hope Balo gets his shiit together. He's too talented to be where he's right now.

Hopefully, he'll get a career transformation like Viera's, and start banging in goals again.
the talent you guys keep talking about in balorubbish is all media hype. At his best he was pretty much average and I will tell you why.

At inter, though he was a kid then but still not the 1st choice striker, at city despite getting prefential treatment from Mancini he wasn't the 1st choice either. At Milan he was 1st choice but that was the worst Milan team in over 49 years, still he was sold by Milan at a loss because he was barely rubbish or successful. At Liverpool he was utter crap despite competition from lambert, Sturridge and Borini (players who are not world besters)he was mostly on the bench

You know why balotelli is more popular than lambert, Borini, fletcher and the other midtable strikers? His crazy antics. Nothing more cos he never had the talent

Bonus fact: in this time Era of plastic football and comical defending, balotelli has never scored 20 league goals in a season. So much for his 'talent'

3 Likes

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
eyeon:
Minus his characters, though sometimes with them, that Balotteli still remains one of the strikers I love the most.

Defo.. Super-talented and he has everything you need in a striker but too dumb to get his shiit together.

Imagine if this current Brazilian team had a striker like Balo? The current squad is crazy, but they just lack a proper striker, the midfield is also shaky at times - then you've got Dunga's utter poor tactics and coaching, and inability to make the right selection at the back. I'm loving Douglas Costa and the young gun, Talisca. Throw Neymar in there and find a striker like Balo - Brazil should be back.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by RobinHez(m): 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Keep em comming y'all!
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by vislabraye(m): 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
RobinHez:
5. Nigel De Jong
I call him the Kung-Fu master

6. Ryan Shawcross
This guy specializes in sidelining footballers with is dirty tackels.

7. Luis Suarez
He's actually one of my best players after Kaka and Torres (don't laugh at me o ) but he had to make my list. He's received a total of 39-matches ban , dats almost a season's worth of games.

cc Lalasticlala , dharay99 , Truckpusher , mukina2

U forgot Eric Cantona.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
HRich:
Lolz.
seriously, the guy na nutcase but an absolute beast in the midfield

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by kenny091(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
My humble submission.
PS: one very aggressive player is gary medel of chile, he is not nicknamed 'the bulldog' cos of his love for dogs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by STEVENcrack(m): 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
vegetables:
am not on the list!
why?

Last Bullet
All the lists posted earlier v been declared null!
An aggressive player is a player that gets involved with one negative thing or the other consecutively.
Such a player behaves like a goat!
Yes, like a goat that bleats...Meeeh, meeeeh, meeeeeeh!

Here's the original list:
* Cantona
* Gattuso
* Pepe
* Sergio Ramos
* Diego Costa
* Joey Barton...
All these players behave like possessed goats or beasts on field...
Honorable mentions: Nigel de Jong, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney, Dani Alves, Michael Ballack, Arda Turan to mention a few.

Have you heard of a guy called BAD MAN BALOTELLI.fights with his own player(physical combat) fights with his coach.fights with the refree.sets his house on fire..sleeps with his female fan and throw her out in the midnight.

Even all this players you mentioned dare not dare balotelli.

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Let me wade in on this. There's a misconception as to what being aggressive means in football. One-time or one-off incidents hardly counts. Anyone can get mad, but am sure the op means regular aggressors.
Paolo Maldini isnt/wasnt aggressive! He read the game too well, fast-thinker. Many of the guys are energetic but not aggressive. Arturo Vidal is not aggressive! Yes, y'all saw him snapping @heels in the UCL Final, that's cuz its the final. U gotta mark Barca players, won't u?
Vidal is among, if not the highest scoring defensive/central midfielder in recent times. So aggression is not really his game, but he's energetic, box-to-box type of guy.
Balotelli is lazy! Not aggressive at all. He's rude and unruly. So, there's little aggression in him.

My aggressive list would be:
De Jong, Shawcross, Pepe, Alan Smith(in man united), Mikel Essien, Costa? Yes, but in a good way, Mascherano, Chielini, and some guys.

Barton, Suarez, Ramos, Cantona, Zidane, these guys are not aggressive, just somewhat unruly. Ramos gets booked needlessly, but he's not aggressive.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
the talent you guys keep talking about in balorubbish is all media hype. At his best he was pretty much average and I will tell you why.

At inter, though he was a kid then but still not the 1st choice striker, at city despite getting prefential treatment from Mancini he wasn't the 1st choice either. At Milan he was 1st choice but that was the worst Milan team in over 49 years, still he was sold by Milan at a loss because he was barely rubbish or successful. At Liverpool he was utter crap despite competition from lambert, Sturridge and Borini (players who are not world besters)he was mostly on the bench

You know why balotelli is more popular than lambert, Borini, fletcher and the other midtable strikers? His crazy antics. Nothing more cos he never had the talent

Bonus fact: in this time Era of plastic football and comical defending, balotelli has never scored 20 league goals in a season. So much for his 'talent'

Lol. How dare you compare a Sturridge with two left legs and the two journeymen, Lambert and Borini, with Super Mario? When judging talent, especially strikers, there are certain things you look at - and Balo has it all. He can shoot with both feet; supremely technically gifted; great in the air; supreme movement on and off the ball; eye for goal; can take dead balls etc..

The only reason why he hasn't lived up to the hype is cos he has never really settled in anywhere. Football is 50% talent and 50% mental. But you'll always see flashes of greatness. Just look at Pato and what happened to him. Ditto Robinho and how he has been able to find his form again back in Brazil, playing for Santos. Did you watch the recent the Brazil Vs. Venezuela game at the Copa America? Go watch Robinho.

Would you say Edmundo wasn't super-talented, and perhaps, just as talented as Romario? And how come he never made it big like Romario?
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
RobinHez:

grin grin
i wasn't laughing watching the match then

I was like shey this oga no know say na charity match him de play?
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by dejavski(m): 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
vegetables:
am not on the list!
why?

Last Bullet
All the lists posted earlier v been declared null!
An aggressive player is a player that gets involved with one negative thing or the other consecutively.
Such a player behaves like a goat!
Yes, like a goat that bleats...Meeeh, meeeeh, meeeeeeh!

Here's the original list:
* Cantona
* Gattuso
* Pepe
* Sergio Ramos
* Diego Costa
* Joey Barton...
All these players behave like possessed goats or beasts on field...
Honorable mentions: Nigel de Jong, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney, Dani Alves, Michael Ballack, Arda Turan to mention a few.

Lol @Arda Turan... that guy face dey scary he resemble ISIS member cry
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
Joey Barton is not just aggressive but controversial, big mouthed and radical.

Can't find one I hate more.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by nnamdibig(m): 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
RobinHez:
After Neymar's 4-match ban in the copa-america (dem 4 leave those guys make dem beat foolishness comot 4 him head angry) I decided to compile this list. Feel free to add yours grin

1. Gennaro Gattuso (The General)
This guy needs no introduction! just view the attached pic to refresh ur memory

2. Pepe
The latest tout in town after the General, this guy plays both ball and players.

3. Sergio Ramos
Pepe's partner in crime. This dude has received a total of 19 red cards in his career.

4. Roy Keane
The only good thing about this guy is that he was one of the best midfielders of his time.

OP
You never heard of Claudio Gentile
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by jumper524(m): 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
No athletico madrid player arda turan
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by onatisi(m): 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
The Philosopher of Football Eric Cantona grew up in a cave*, perhaps explaining why he embodies both the Neanderthal and the philosopher. ‘King Eric’ is one of Manchester United’s best- loved players. As the owner of my local pub says when he’s drunk, staring with misty eyes at the poster of Cantona hanging in pride of place next to the bar: “I loov ’im. I’m not gay, but I loov ’im.” Cantona announced himself as a hard-man at Auxerre in 1987, when he knocked out his teammate Bruno Martini. The next year he was suspended for three months for a bad tackle, and also called French coach Henri Michel a “bag of shit” on TV, resulting in a year-long ban from the national team. In 1989, he was substituted during a match between Marseille and Torpedo Moscow. He flew into a rage, kicked the ball into the Russian fans, and ripped his shirt off and flung it as his coach Gerard Gili. (It was a charity event.) While on loan at Montpellier, he threw his boots in teammate Jean- Claude Lemoult’s face, causing six of his teammates to demand he be fired. At Nimes in 1991 he threw the ball at the referee, and during the subsequent disciplinary hearing he walked up to each member of the committee, in turn, and called them an “idiot”. After seeing a psychoanalyst, Cantona decided to continue his career in England, away from the clearly over- stimulating environment of his home country. He joined Leeds, but soon moved to Manchester United, where his most infamous moment of lunacy occurred. In 1995, as United were looking to win their third successive League title, the Frenchman really lost it. During an away match at Crystal Palace, Cantona was sent off for kicking defender Richard Shaw. As he walked towards the tunnel, Palace fan Matthew Simmons taunted him. Cantona launched at him with a Bruce Lee-style kung-fu kick, and then punched him a few times. At a press conference called later, Cantona said gravely: “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much.” He then got up and left. Many years later he was less poetic about the incident: “I didn't punch him strong enough. I should have punched him harder.” Cantona has since turned to acting, and has even directed his own film. Last year he made his stage debut in a play directed by his wife. A big fan of the philosophy of Socrates, Cantona would read French literature on the team bus, waving away taunts with, “I didn’t study, I live.” But he was at his most poetic in his eulogy for George Best: “After his first training session in heaven, George Best, from his favourite right wing, turned the head of God, who was filling in at left-back. I would love for him to save me a place in his team – George Best that is, not God.” Beautiful. Still, don’t tease the man during a match.

3 Likes

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by STEVENcrack(m): 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
Shawcross the bone breaker..if u want to know how dangerous pepe is, play him in the mid field..infact he wud collect 2 red cards.

But d king of aggression is BALOTELLI...all those players above misbehaves only once in a time..but whenever Balotelli plays people always expect him to do sometin Stupid and he won't disappoint.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Chestar5(f): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Seriously those players are aggressive esp. Gatussoshocked, i ll not forget the match that gattuso slapped d assistant coach of the opposition team, referee did not even dare to bring out any card, the guy sef they fear grin, but nemanja vidic suppose to be in dat list and david luiz too
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by RobinHez(m): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
i wasn't laughing watching the match then

I was like shey this oga no know say na charity match him de play?
that's crazy men!
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by kossyablaze(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bitcoin:

Yes, 4G LTE
Damn!which phone is dah?I'm using s5 buh scared to update to lollipop cuz I heard it has bugs.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Gattuso, Roy Keane, Kevin Davies, yes!, Martin Keown, Rigobery Song, Sunday Oliseh, Marcel Descailly, Demetrio Albertini, Edgar Davies, Patrick Vieira(a bit), Vidic n Terry(somewhat, classy), Stuart Pearce, Paul Ince, Sammy Kuffor,
Juan Pablo Sorin n David Luiz(in a similar way).

P.S. Never mind if u don't know some of these guys. Just know they're real mean.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. How dare you compare a Sturridge with two left legs and the two journeymen, Lambert and Borini, with Super Mario? When judging talent, especially strikers, there are certain things you look at - and Balo has it all. He can shoot with both feet; supremely technically gifted; great in the air; supreme movement on and off the ball; eye for goal; can take dead balls etc..

The only reason why he hasn't lived up to the hype is cos he has never really settled in anywhere. Football is 50% talent and 50% mental. But you'll always see flashes of greatness. Just look at Pato and what happened to him. Ditto Robinho and how he has been able to find his form again back in Brazil, playing for Santos. Did you watch recent the Brazil Vs. Venezuela game at the Copa America? Go watch Robinho.

Would you say Edmundo wasn't super-talented, and perhaps, just as talented as Romario? And how come he never made it big like Romario?
1st Daniel Sturridge has proven to be better than balotelli in england (imo)

2) balotelli does not have it all, you're having an illusion of it because you like him. Yes, he can shoot with both feet but his shooting percentage to goal will show you he's the most wasteful striker in England last season(shot per goal ratio), he's technically ok nothing supreme (you're over rating him), and balotelli is below average in the AIR!!!!! Do you understand what it means to say a player is great in the air? Oh my God, how many knockdowns does he have last season? How many headed goals does he have in his career? How many aerial duel did he win last season? Bro, you need to dust your footie book and read about players woth aerial prowess(hint: it is not by height)

3) supreme movement off and on the ball? Abeg no kill me this night grin grin grin let me give you an example of players with good movement off and on the ball Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Fillipo Inzaghi, Yakubu Aiyegbeni (I know you don't like him grin ), Diego Costa and recently Harry Kane. You mean to tell me balorubbish has the brain to evade markers and defenders like these I mentioned? For a guy who hasn't scored 20 league goals in a season I'm quite surprised at your claims.

4) in terms of eye for goals he is even below average ( no need to drag that again and his deadball skill is great (penalties), his free kicks are average too.

5) and please, edmundo was never half as good as Romario. Ask anybody who watched Romario play. ( fun fact: Romario is a crazy guy too but a little less than Edmundo)

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by 9jatatafo(m): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
1. The five star general, Genero Gattuso

2. Edmundo the animal

3. Joey Barton

4. Nigel De Jong aka the bone collector

5. Mario Balotelli aka Super Mario.

6. Eric Cantona

7. Diego Costa - The Guv'nor

8. Pepe

9. Allan Smith

10. Zinedine Zidane aka Head Master

11. Luis Suarez aka El Rabbit The Vampire

12. Roy Keane - Aggressive
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by M4gunners: 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
So nobody remember Mark Van Bomel?That guy na terror.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Chestar5:
Seriously those players are aggressive esp. Gatussoshocked, i ll not forget the match that gattuso slapped d assistant coach of the opposition team, referee did not even dare to bring out any card, the guy sef they fear grin, but nemanja vidic suppose to be in dat list and david luiz too
believe me, the assistant coach gatusso slapped was crazier than him when he was playing. matter of fact the man was a former milanista

Just go to youtube and watch Joe Jordan and you'll understand what I'm saying.

He's a fool for attacking an old man and when he squared off with Sebastian Bassong he couldn't do sh1t
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
Edmundo? Paolo di Canio? Oliver Kahn? Jens Lehmann? Maradona? Edgar Davids? Claudio Gentile? Paolo Montero?

Maradona and Edgar Davids weren't really that aggressive in this context.

Maradona's problem had more to do with lifestyle and probably the infamous hand of god, and Davids was just a passionate player. Both were not different from David Beckham and Zola.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by jnrbayano(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Paolo Di Canio

Italian mafia extraordinaire. He is by far the most cantankerous football player I have ever seen.

But he is super player with knack for scoring exquisite goals.

Roberto Mancini is another who packs aggressive punch.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Chestar5(f): 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
@xtravangaza So d ass. Coach is also a mafian? I ll check it, tankswink
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Bitcoin: 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
kossyablaze:
Damn!which phone is dah?I'm using s5 buh scared to update to lollipop cuz I heard it has bugs.

My humble S4, I refuse to upgrade until 2020. I think it depends on your network provider, is 4G LTE now in Naija?
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Maradona and Edgar Davids weren't really that aggressive in this context.

Maradona's problem had more to do with lifestyle and probably the infamous hand of god, and Davids was just a passionate player. Both were not different from David Beckham and Zola.
Maradona was crazy, in fact one of the craziest to ever play the game.

If I begin to list his madness this page won't contain it

And Davids? You're funny. Edgar Davids was the definition of madness as a footballer. This guy epitomise the bone crushing football in serie a in his pomp.

Pls go to youtube

And please nobody mentioned Beckham here, he's nothing but a prima Donna British doll
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by topemirates(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Where's Antonio Cassano

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Morata Finally Speaks On His Outrageous Performance Against Arsenal Yesterday / During My Playing Days, I Used Juju – Taribo / Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrating Winning The Serie A Title With The Juventus Squad

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.