Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,761 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers (57887 Views)

Footballers You Never Knew They Have An Identical Twin / Aggressive Footballers.... / Top 10 Most Educated Footballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by nairamaverick(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bitcoin:
I think Zidane should be number 1 on this list only because he head-butted an opponent during the 2006 World Cup final of which he was sent off and it cost France the championship. This was supposed to be his last football appearance before retiring.
LTE? shocked which network is that ?
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Bitcoin: 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
nairamaverick:
LTE? shocked which network is that ?

Hehehe, Verizon Wireless grin
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
M4gunners:
So nobody remember Mark Van Bomel?That guy na terror.
Chai another mad dog there

Thumbs up man grin

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by younghartz(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Enyimba player are the perfect people to describe aggresiveness grin
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by vegetables(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
dejavski:

Lol @Arda Turan... that guy face dey scary he resemble ISIS member cry
He was once a mild guy till he joined ISIS club in football. lol
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by 9jatatafo(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
STEVENcrack:
Shawcross the bone breaker..if u want to know how dangerous pepe is, play him in the mid field..infact he wud collect 2 red cards.

But d king of aggression is BALOTELLI...all those players above misbehaves only once in a time..but whenever Balotelli plays people always expect him to do sometin Stupid and he won't disappoint.

Yeah Balotelli is a very aggressive player in fact in Brazil 2014 world cup, I was expecting Luis Suarez to try and bite, Balotelli, Saurez would have learnt a bitter lesson of his life.

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by landinfo: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
The list is invomplete since Edmundo the Animal wazn't mentioned.........Cantona & Gattuso still be learner where Edmundo dey

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by nairamaverick(m): 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bitcoin:

Hehehe, Verizon Wireless grin
oh, I see
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by vegetables(m): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Have you heard of a guy called BAD MAN BALOTELLI.fights with his own player(physical combat) fights with his coach.fights with the refree.sets his house on fire..sleeps with his female fan and throw her out in the midnight.

Even all this players you mentioned dare not dare balotelli.
Balotelli is not as aggressive as any of those players.
He's just childish.
Take Arda Turan for example, he ll protest every foul
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
1st Daniel Sturridge has proven to be better than balotelli in england (imo)

2) balotelli does not have it all, you're having an illusion of it because you like him. Yes, he can shoot with both feet but his shooting percentage to goal will show you he's the most wasteful striker in England last season(shot per goal ratio), he's technically ok nothing supreme (you're over rating him), and balotelli is below average in the AIR!!!!! Do you understand what it means to say a player is great in the air? Oh my God, how many knockdowns does he have last season? How many headed goals does he have in his career? How many aerial duel did he win last season? Bro, you need to dust your footie book and read about players woth aerial prowess(hint: it is not by height)

3) supreme movement off and on the ball? Abeg no kill me this night grin grin grin let me give you an example of players with good movement off and on the ball Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Fillipo Inzaghi, Yakubu Aiyegbeni (I know you don't like him grin ), Diego Costa and recently Harry Kane. You mean to tell me balorubbish has the brain to evade markers and defenders like these I mentioned? For a guy who hasn't scored 20 league goals in a season I'm quite surprised at your claims.

4) in terms of eye for goals he is even below average ( no need to drag that again and his deadball skill is great (penalties), his free kicks are average too.

5) and please, edmundo was never half as good as Romario. Ask anybody who watched Romario play. ( fun fact: Romario is a crazy guy too but a little less than Edmundo)

Lmao.

1).Obviously, Sturridge has played all his career in the EPL. However, that doesn't negate the fact that he has two left legs and he doesn't have half of Balo's talent.

2). Why are you being parochial in your judgement and doing it based on what happened last season when his mental state was messed up and arguably the worst season of his career? Why not judge his talent based on his body of work, from when he started at Inter?

3). You just show you know next to nothing about football by citing Pippo Inzaghi, Yakubu, and bum arse Harry Kane. Inzaghi was born in an offside position and just because he does beat it sometimes to tap in goals, that doesn't mean he has great movement. Yakubu was average at best. And Harry Kane should never be in the same sentence with anyone, till he can prove he's good to do it consistently. Heck, even at the on-going European under-21 tournament - Harry Kane has been a flop. He's that poor.

4). Edmundo was super-talented. I believe you never saw him play. But check out this the goal he scored for Vasco against Man Utd, when Utd dominated Europe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvArtTIZC4
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 11:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
Maradona was crazy, in fact one of the craziest to ever play the game.

If I begin to list his madness this page won't contain it

And Davids? You're funny. Edgar Davids was the definition of madness as a footballer. This guy epitomise the bone crushing football in serie a in his pomp.

Pls go to youtube

And please nobody mentioned Beckham here, he's nothing but a prima Donna British doll

Maradona was a fun loving guy and his skills did the talking. Yes, he did get in trouble off the field, with drug use, and was controversial at times - but he wasn't even that aggressive at all. His problem had to do more with lifestyle than anything.

Edgar Davids was just a passionate player. If you think Davids was crazy - then, both Sammer and Baresi should termed crazy as well, no? Terry Butcher? Stuart Pearce? These guys just loved playing football - that's about it.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by samlag(m): 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] Remixxxxxxx
1)Ballotelli- crazy insane never smile's.even harassed his coach.

2)joey barton- mad man in the pitch. banned more than any other player in recent times

3)arturo Vidal. - always angry don't know why. don't tell him nonsense

4)victor wanyama. - the silent destroyer. don't piss this guy or you will end on crouches and he wount even get a yellow card

5)Danny alves- who let the dogs out. luckily he doesn't get carded often

6)suarez- just respect yourself around this guy or he will get a piece of you(literarily)

7) Rooney )ex boxer turn footballer.

bonus-Ronaldo
stingy guy. can't hide his anger especially when he can't score.

[/size]
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by vislabraye(m): 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Defo.. Super-talented and he has everything you need in a striker but too dumb to get his shiit together.

Imagine if this current Brazilian team had a striker like Balo? The current squad is crazy, but they just lack a proper striker, the midfield is also shaky at times - then you've got Dunga's utter poor tactics and coaching, and inability to make the right selection at the back. I'm loving Douglas Costa and the young gun, Talisca. Throw Neymar in there and find a striker like Balo - Brazil should be back.

What's the hype about Balotelli ? He's actually not as good as he think he is. He has age on his side and that's one huge advantage but I doubt he will make good use of it.
Nicholas Anelka was even hotter than Balo at the same age. But how did Anelka end up ? Balo has not been able to fit into Suarez shoe since arriving Liverpool. He needs to work hard and behave well , he's still a promising player though a silly one at times.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by engrjacuzzi: 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
top ten aggressive footballers 1 gattuso 2 cantons 3 totti 4 Barton 5 Roy keane 6 pepe 7 Ramos 8 Costa biscuit 9 andriano 10ballotelli some few who get angry easily like Ballack, ibrahimovic, zidane, rooney
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by engrjacuzzi: 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
top ten aggressive footballers 1 gattuso 2 cantona 3 totti 4 Barton 5 Roy keane 6 pepe 7 Ramos 8 Costa biscuit 9 andriano 10ballotelli some few who get angry easily like Ballack, ibrahimovic, zidane, rooney
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Leez(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
RobinHez:
5. Nigel De Jong
I call him the Kung-Fu master

6. Ryan Shawcross
This guy specializes in sidelining footballers with is dirty tackels.

7. Luis Suarez
He's actually one of my best players after Kaka and Torres (don't laugh at me o ) but he had to make my list. He's received a total of 39-matches ban , dats almost a season's worth of games.

cc Lalasticlala , dharay99 , Truckpusher , mukina2
brooooooooooo
shawcross,suarez?
aggresssive really
check dz names den come back
dave mackay,paul ince,paolo montero,edgar davids,billy bremner,antonio conte
oh and de jong no aggressive
same reason why first 2 i called no aggresive
na just one moment wey dm misdo
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by joelison(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
Eric cantona. u forgotten d super kick (sweetchinmusic.. hbk) he gave to a fan dat insulted him.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
vislabraye:

What's the hype about Balotelli ? He's actually not as good as he think he is. He has age on his side and that's one huge advantage but I doubt he will make good use of it.
Nicholas Anelka was even hotter than Balo at the same age. But how did Anelka end up ? Balo has not even to fit into Suarez shoe since arriving Liverpool. He needs to work hard and behave well , he's still a promising player though a silly one at times.

I don't know but I won't even compare Anelka to Balotelli cos Anelka can't shoot from 20 yards to save his life. And he's a terrible penalty taker. Yes, he had that one (or two) great season(s) at Arsenal, and that's about it.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by STEVENcrack(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
vegetables:

Balotelli is not as aggressive as any of those players.
He's just childish.
Take Arda Turan for example, he ll protest every foul
Lemme ask you..can any player try sh!t wit balotelli, forget childish..that nigger is a bully..even his own players are scared of him, even d coach.
I remember a certain interview with mourinho he said and I quote"after the first half, In the dressing room I used the whole 15minutes to reason with balotelli because he's d only striker left at my disposal only for him to get a red card in the 46th minute"
He doesn't laugh, doesn't celebrate his goal, and if he chose to take a penalty come and stop him..His aggression extends to everyone Bro. Not just his opponent.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao.

1).Obviously, Sturridge has played all his career in the EPL. However, that doesn't negate the fact that he has two left legs and he doesn't have half of Balo's talent.

2). Why are you being parochial in your judgement and doing it based on what happened last season when his mental state was messed up and arguably the worst season of his career? Why not judge his talent based on his body of work, from when he started at Inter?

3). You just show you know next to nothing about football by citing Pippo Inzaghi, Yakubu, and bum arse Harry Kane. Inzaghi was born in an offside position and just because he does beat it sometimes to tap in goals, that doesn't mean he has great movement. Yakubu was average at best. And Harry Kane should never be in the same sentence with anyone, till he can prove he's good to do it consistently. Heck, even at the on-going European under-21 tournament - Harry Kane has been a flop. He's that poor.

4). Edmundo was super-talented. I believe you never saw him play. But check out this the goal he scored for Vasco against Man Utd, when Utd dominated Europe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvArtTIZC4
1) balotelli has played half his career in England and stirring still wipes the floor with him. At least they both played in the same team and we all know who is better.

I'm judging balotelli based on last season? Dayyum! That guy has been sold at a loss by 2 big teams (man City and milan). So how am I judging him based on last season when he flopped so hard he was sold at a loss by 2 teams. And am I responsible for his mental state or what? At the end of the day there's no space for mental state when listing footballers achievements

3) you don't need to show your football illiteracy by using football terms you know little or nothing about. Yes, Pippo is a smart player who gets caught offside many times but only Fergie said he was born offside and in fact it was a compliment then. You said balo has good movement on and off the ball of which I mention Pippo and the others but your limited football knowledge won't let you agree with me. Ask anybody with a little bit of football brain, they will tell you YAKUBU has better positioning than your balo nonsense. I repeat it Nigeria's Yakubu Aiyegbeni has better movement than balotelli on and off the ball (perhaps you don't even know what that means)

4) I never said Edmundo wasn't good. I only said he was never as good as Romario and scoring a great go all does not make you a great player; so posting a youtube link to buttress your point is an own goal from you. If we are to go down the youtube lane I'll show you shit players who scored better goals

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Lemme ask you..can any player try sh!t wit balotelli, forget childish..that nigger is a bully..even his own players are scared of him, even d coach.
I remember a certain interview with mourinho he said and I quote"after the first half, In the dressing room I used the whole 15minutes to reason with balotelli because he's d only striker left at my disposal only for him to get a red card in the 46th minute"
He doesn't laugh, doesn't celebrate his goal, and if he chose to take a penalty come and stop him..His aggression extends to everyone Bro. Not just his opponent.
he's just a pony show horse. Nothing more. He hid in the toilet when Ibrahimovic was mad at him and when the ultras came for him he ran into Moratti's office
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by kossyablaze(m): 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bitcoin:

My humble S4, I refuse to upgrade until 2020. I think it depends on your network provider, is 4G LTE now in Naija?
Yes

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by landinfo: 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
I respect Romario & I will take him anyday anytime in my team over Edmundo the Animal BUT when it cu.mz to talent, Romario cannot lace the boot of the Animal & that is fact.....like the proverbial sayings "Talent without Character/Discipline is ZERO" that waz the bane of Edmundo's reign
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by xtervaganza(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Maradona was a fun loving guy and his skills did the talking. Yes, he did get in trouble off the field, with drug use, and was controversial at times - but he wasn't even that aggressive at all. His problem had to do more with lifestyle than anything.

Edgar Davids was just a passionate player. If you think Davids was crazy - then, both Sammer and Baresi should termed crazy as well, no? Terry Butcher? Stuart Pearce? These guys just loved playing football - that's about it.
who got drunk while playing? Who shot a journalist? Who sparked the fight against athletic? Who pushed referee to the ground at newells?

And sammer was crazy and a brutal hard man too. Being passionate is different from being a loco like sammer.

Baresi was cool and an inspirational leader.

Stuart Pearce? Do you know his nickname? Psycho! The guy once tried to walk off the pitch with a broken leg ( the guy is mad)

Terry butcher I don't know much of him

Davids? I don't need to say more

1 Like

Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Goodnuel: 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:
Your list isn't complete without the following:

- Joey Barton
- El Hadji Diouf (still active)
- Carlos Tevez
- Ibrahimovic
- Totti

And the all time list includes the following:

- Edmundo
- Patrick Vieira
- Ben Thatcher
- Eric Cantona
- Paolo Di Canio
- Riquelme

But Edmundo will always be the most psychotic footballer ever - no one is ever going to be close.
That man get wahala... he still does that even as a coach.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by RobinHez(m): 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Leez:

brooooooooooo
shawcross,suarez?
aggresssive really
check dz names den come back
dave mackay,paul ince,paolo montero,edgar davids,billy bremner,antonio conte
oh and de jong no aggressive
same reason why first 2 i called no aggresive
na just one moment wey dm misdo
shawcross has given 3 top footballers career threatning injuries...his tacklrs are dangerous and aggressive....
well, u're fre to extend the list
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by bashydemy(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
All South America home base players..
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by Goodnuel: 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
MemphisDepay:
You try small. Lemme make my top ten. 1.Gattuso 2. Ramos 3. Cattermole 4 Keane 5 Pepe 6 Felliani 7 Dejong 8 Costa 9 Barton 10 Vidal . In other news, Shawcross hurting Ramsey picture was priceless and a special mention goes to ajala oyenusi of El kanemi
Felliani?? shocked shocked
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by SirShymexx: 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
1) balotelli has played half his career in England and stirring still wipes the floor with him. At least they both played in the same team and we all know who is better.

I'm judging balotelli based on last season? Dayyum! That guy has been sold at a loss by 2 big teams (man City and milan). So how am I judging him based on last season when he flopped so hard he was sold at a loss by 2 teams. And am I responsible for his mental state or what? At the end of the day there's no space for mental state when listing footballers achievements

3) you don't need to show your football illiteracy by using football terms you know little or nothing about. Yes, Pippo is a smart player who gets caught offside many times but only Fergie said he was born offside and in fact it was a compliment then. You said balo has good movement on and off the ball of which I mention Pippo and the others but your limited football knowledge won't let you agree with me. Ask anybody with a little bit of football brain, they will tell you YAKUBU has better positioning than your balo nonsense. I repeat it Nigeria's Yakubu Aiyegbeni has better movement than balotelli on and off the ball (perhaps you don't even know what that means)

4) I never said Edmundo wasn't good. I only said he was never as good as Romario and scoring a great go all does not make you a great player; so posting a youtube link to buttress your point is an own goal from you. If we are to go down the youtube lane I'll show you shit players who scored better goals

Lmao...I shall keep schooling you about football. grin

1). How about compare the goal records (ratio of games played vis-a-vis goals) of both players, apart from last season? Balo and Sturridge don't belong in the same sentence.

And he was sold by both clubs not cos he lacks the talent, but due to his antics. If he were not that good, why did folks label his transfer to Liverpool last season a steal?

2). Listen, there's absolutely nothing smart in being perpetually in an offside position like Pippo Inzaghi. The guy knew he never had the talent to cut it with the best, and looking for cheap goals was his claim to fame. And I do like Inzaghi. When you talk about in-box strikers with great movement and eye for goal - then the likes of Van Nistelrooy, Morientes, Huntelaar, and Raul Gonzales should be the names on ya lips - not Inzaghi and all the crappy players you cited. Heck, even Darren Bent in his prime had better movement than Inzaghi. Yakubu is/was a bum!

3). You judge goals based on the quality of opposition and the goal Edmundo scored against Man Utd, is on the same level, if not better than the goal Dennis Bergkamp scored against Argentina at the 1998 world cup, when he wrong footed the great Roberto Ayala, with supreme ball control. Edmundo was a fvcking beast!
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by vegetables(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
STEVENcrack:

The day Balotelli Mess up with Pepe, thats when you ll know Pepe is wicked.
Balotelli doesnt bully as Pepe, Costa, Ramos, Gatusso...
Balotelli's is not in their elite craze league
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by eyeon(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Defo.. Super-talented and he has everything you need in a striker but too dumb to get his shiit together.

Imagine if this current Brazilian team had a striker like Balo? The current squad is crazy, but they just lack a proper striker, the midfield is also shaky at times - then you've got Dunga's utter poor tactics and coaching, and inability to make the right selection at the back. I'm loving Douglas Costa and the young gun, Talisca. Throw Neymar in there and find a striker like Balo - Brazil should be back.
O yea.
Re: My Top-7 Aggressive Footballers by STEVENcrack(m): 11:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
xtervaganza:
he's just a pony show horse. Nothing more. He hid in the toilet when Ibrahimovic was mad at him and when the ultras came for him he ran into Moratti's office

Baba..u dey do Vigil today..we no get light 4 here o..

Leave mata for mathias and sabi for sabinus..
goodnyt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrating Winning The Serie A Title With The Juventus Squad / Lesbian Athlete Caster Semenya Marries Longtime Girlfriend (Photos) / Nigeria Under-17 Star Victor Osimhen Completes Spurs Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.