Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent (621 Views)

BREAKING!!! Rivers People Shuns Wike's Carol As Free Buses Left Empty (photos) / Appointments: Ohaneze Gives Up On Buhari- Daily Sun / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by Eliza5050(f): 4:24am On Jun 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said that he inherited an almost empty treasury from his predecessor, who he said also left behind huge debts, salary arrears and a badly managed economy.

The President spoke during his maiden meeting with members of the State House Press Corps, hours after resuming official duties at the Presidential Villa.

He said his government was now saddled with what he described as shameful huge debts and non-payment of some workers’ salaries at the federal level, even as the states are not faring better.

Buhari said he had to make the point against the background of huge expectations from Nigerians within his first 100 days in office, a period within which he said he cannot perform magic, because of the almost empty national treasury that he has had to deal with.

His words: “This culture of 100 days (in office) is bringing so much pressure (on me) with the treasury virtually empty; with debts in millions of dollars, with state workers and even federal workers not paid their salaries. It is such a disgrace for Nigeria.

“I think Nigeria should be in a position to even pay its workers. This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your (media) help to protect us from people before they march on us,” he added.

The President sought the cooperation and understanding of the media, despite his relationship that may not have been perfect over the past three decades; and hoped that the incident in which his predecessor de-accredited a State House correspondent would not recur.

According to Buhari: “it is not by accident that I got one of the best of you to be the Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), one of the 15 aides I had to get clearance from the Senate.

“He is one of the best presidents of the Guild (of Editors) that I can have as special adviser. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.

“Whether my job is a difficult one or easy is up to him, but I’m here to thank you in advance for what good and ill you are going to do to me.

“I have to quickly come and see you and welcome you to this place. I hope what happened of recent between the former President and one of you will not happen between me and you.”

SOURCE---http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/jonathan-left-empty-treasury-says-buhari/

Re: Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by nathpope(m): 4:41am On Jun 23, 2015
ok.
Re: Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by oluwafemi113(m): 4:49am On Jun 23, 2015
That's jona for you

That was while we voted for change
Re: Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by boboLIL(m): 4:56am On Jun 23, 2015
0l0d0 u r naw l00kin fr reas0ns t0 sh0w hw ineffective yhu r....he met n0tin there s0 he left n0tin...s0 simple....leme remind u dah u r in charge s0 strt yhur 0wn hist0ry and st0p c0mplaining....BH guys wahala is g0in t0 m0nths n0w.... U said 0ne week buh he r c0unting m0nths....being a president is nva a chance t0 kip travellin the w0rld...president fr t0urism purp0ses....
Re: Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by hakeem4(m): 5:01am On Jun 23, 2015
Jona!!!!
Re: Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 23, 2015
"ALMOST" grin
Re: Jonathan Left Empty Treasury, Says Buhari - Daily Independent by tunwumi: 5:31am On Jun 23, 2015
Expected with last minute looting and sacking

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Okowa Submits 12 Commissioner-nominees To Delta Legislature / What Obama’ll Discuss With Buhari, By U.S. Officials / What Do Think About This Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.