Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,314 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse (12979 Views)

18-Year-Old Girl Remanded In Prison For Threatening Her Boss Over Unpaid Salary / Jealous Lady Murders Her Ex-Boyfriend's Girlfriend After Threatening To Do So / Man Jailed For 19 Years For Rape In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Dronedude(m): 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nice
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by biggybanty7(m): 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
#shoro niyen
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by david4comfort: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
If he can matchet a cog,he. An matchet a man

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by DONSMITH123(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
david4comfort:

Abi oo...lol
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Ayima: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
Afternoon everyone, please voting have started, Vote AYIMA as mr nairaland 2015 thanks and God bless you real good. Voting starts by 9am in romance section. Just vote like this. I vote ayima then you copy Nljega. Thanks. Here is the link http:// www.nairaland.com/2398330/mr-nairaland- contest-2015-elimination
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by PrinceZahzah(m): 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
When a dog bites a man,it's normal.But when a man bites a dog,he s mad.

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by TosineGuy(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chai, it was not a calabar judge

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Spells(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
Am really not a fan of insults, because i believe there's power in what one say, else i would have loved to insult both the judge,the lawer n every other person attached to this shit
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by DONSMITH123(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
TosineGuy:
Chai, it was not a calabar judge

lol
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by gbaskiboy: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bluetooth2:

You are worse than shekau
but the guy is on point, why are u assaulting him verbally?

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by shitshappen(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
zinachidi:
shiit happens
ya, say that again.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by ojosegun2011(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is pure discriminatory judgement. Haba!

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by mordouc(m): 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
david4comfort:
You keyboard bottons no complete? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by billy187(m): 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lots of you here fail to see the point. The dog was the property of someone -paid for. Imagine: if you slash the tires of my car and take a dump in the back seat do you think I'd let you go scot free?

Besides, you'd have to be a special kind of retarded to torture animals for craps and giggles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by TrebleNG: 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
Not saying I'm happy wit d turn of events. But I'm very very sure that that dog is not from a rich home, n I seriously doubt he is worth #25, 000. if he was, he would not be found even centimetres away from the premises of his home.

By d way... am I d only one smelling Igbo hate? Cos dis is not d 1st time ppl have killed (and eaten), maimed or wounded dogs in dat area.

Just saying.
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by DONSMITH123(m): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
TrebleNG:
Not saying I'm happy wit d turn of events. But I'm very very sure that that dog is not from a rich home, n I seriously doubt he is worth #25, 000. if he was, he would not be found even centimetres away from the premises of his home.

By d way... am I d only one smelling Igbo hate? Cos dis is not d 1st time ppl have killed (and eaten), maimed or wounded dogs in dat area.

Just saying.

My brother, i dont think its igbo hate here. He has threatened to kill the dog before and he still went ahead to carry out his threat...common bro, think about the action of the man...dont think its igbo hate....

just saying my mind....
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by ican2020: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
DONSMITH123:
An Abuja Grade 1 Area Court has sentenced a 29-year-old furniture maker to two months’ imprisonment for amputating the leg of a neighbour’s dog.

Ekene Ukachukwu of New Jerusalem, Dutsen-Makaranta in Bwari Area Council was convicted for cruelty to animal, an offence that contradicts Section 207 of the Penal Code.

The police prosecutor, Kaura Arziki, told the court that the complainant, one Kasimu Braimoh, of same address on March 3, reported at the Dutsen- Alhaji Police Station how the accused, on March 7, threatened to kill his dog whenever it goes to his house, and that when confronted, the accused repeated the same threat to him.

The prosecutor further said the complainant, on the following day, discovered that his dog valued at N25,000 had been macheted and the right leg amputated.

He said the accused admitted committing the act when accosted, adding that he was going to do more.

When the charge was read to the accused, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two months’ imprisonment by the judge, Mohammed Marafa, with an option of N10,000 fine.

The court also ordered him to pay a compensation of N25,000.

Similarly, a 24-year-old technician was sentenced to three months’ imprisonment by the same court for assisting a suspect to escape arrest.

Felix Benjamin of New Site Dutsen-Makaranta was convicted for screening of an offender, an offence that contradicts Section 167 of the Penal Code.

The police prosecutor, Kaura Arziki, told the court that the complainant, Kasimu Braimoh of same address, invited a police officer from Dutsen-Makaranta Police Outpost, on same date, to arrest one Ekene Ukachukwu for amputating the right leg of his dog.

He said the accused asked the suspect to run away to escape arrest, which he did, adding that the accused admitted committing the offence during police interrogation.

When the charge was read to the accused, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three months’ imprisonment by judge Mohammed Marafa with an option of N20,000 fine.

http://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/daily-trust/20150623/282235189301358/TextView

Is very unfortunate that a Judge do not know what FCT law is on rearing animals.
That is what you get when you assign that kind of job to certificateless bush man
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by JuanDeDios: 1:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ishilove:
The judge must be a dog lover. We need stiffer punishment for bestiality and animal cruelty in this country
Not necessarily, although it can't be ruled out. He simply applied the law books. I didn't know we had this law, though. I will have to find out if the Criminal Code (applicable in southern Nigeria) also has it.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
he should have just poisoned the dog and nobody would know...

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
even if the dog is worth N1, the owner can still press charges for what he did.

TrebleNG:

Just saying.
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by K9blunt(f): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
kromoto:
When humans are crying for justice it's one useless dog that gets it.... what!
guy, you know that transformer in your area?

Go and hug it firmly!

3 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by K9blunt(f): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
phransix147:
Very funny... What will happen if I used the dog to cook sauce to eat with yam or plantain? Will they kill me as well? #iLove404

I will personally join in lynching you, brutally.

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by kandiikane(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
billy187:
Lots of you here fail to see the point. The dog was the property of someone -paid for. Imagine: if you slash the tires of my car and take a dump in the back seat do you think I'd let you go scot free?

Besides, you'd have to be a special kind of retarded to torture animals for craps and giggles.
They are sick..

2 Likes

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by eyeon(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
That dog must have been trespassing... *falls back to sleep*

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Humblesam(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
teeowl:

Chai!! See wickedness, Bro you be Bardo of grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by DONSMITH123(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
ican2020:

Is very unfortunate that a Judge do not know what FCT law is on rearing animals.
That is what you get when you assign that kind of job to certificateless bush man

wao.....
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good judgement. We will get there with time..... God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by DONSMITH123(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
teeowl:

lol
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by DONSMITH123(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
K9blunt:

I will personally join in lynching you, brutally.

ahahahahahahah
Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by d33types: 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
DONSMITH123:

The police prosecutor, Kaura Arziki, told the court that the complainant, one Kasimu Braimoh, of same address on March 3, reported at the Dutsen- Alhaji Police Station how the accused, on March 7, threatened to kill his dog whenever it goes to his house,

Come person house come give an problem? What kind of justice is this?

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Threatening, Injuring Dog At Dutse by ojimbo(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
kromoto:
When humans are crying for justice it's one useless dog that gets it.... what!
as if you are the only important creature on planet earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Bags 10 Years For Obtaining Goods By Trick / Man Arrested In Lagos For Attempting To Export Indian Hemp To China / Police Arraign ABU Staff For Staging Daughter’s Fake Kidnap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.