Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview (49640 Views)

5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / Seven Social Media Hacks Graduates Can Use To Land Their First Job / How I Got My First Job- A True Life Experience Of David Adeoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2015
It was one faithful morning after my regular job search on the internet job Search portal, i came across a job advert it was about a 5 star hotel recruitment, i read the requirement with interest.

All the requirement fit my Qualification so, i decided to apply for the job as a store Manager.
Three days later i was invited for an interview, i was excited to attend my first job interview with high hope of landing the job.

I did all i could practising, Reseaching about the company Mission and Vision.
The first stage of the interview was a writen test and thank God i pass the first stage and was shortlisted for the second stage of the interview.

I felt so happy that faithful day when i got a congratulatory massage for the next stage of the interview after three days.
On the final day of the interview, about 100 people were invited, although there were some gate crashing people waiting for slite opportunity to grab.

The interview was going on well but this one word "yea" i used instead of yes denied me my first job.
I was told to go home that they will get back to me, at that moment i knew that was the end, i felt so disappointed dragged my feet like someone that was heat by a truck.

My advice to job seekers is that they should always use the right words during interview to avoid this kind of situations.

http://nigeriacurrentaffairs1..in/2015/06/one-word-that-denied-me-my-first-job.html

61 Likes 15 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by sholikay(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2015
.. That's the main reason why I detest writing in abbreviation, or in slang!.. You get addicted to it unconsciously, and obviously begin to reproduce it orally..
I know of a guy whenever he finds something amusing, he would chuckle, and pronounce the abbreviation "LOL" as a word.. I was like what is wrong with this one? .. Too much of social media chat abbreviation.. cheesy

216 Likes 21 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2015
All the old women in your village are taking turns to fart on the head of an image of you. Second to comment. GEJ my hero. Fayose my role model.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by orogodoganyin(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2015
yh... i constantly av to remind myself not 2 say 'lol' in a conversation

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by prelinctus: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2015
Fake story.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by ruggedtimi(m): 11:59am On Jun 23, 2015
what makes u feel is because of d " yea " u didnt get d job

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
ruggedtimi:
what makes u feel is because of d " yea " u didnt get d job
because the interviewer point that out for me,the first time and the second time the interview ended there.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by viqueta(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
Op, are u saying this out of your discretion or it was what they told you? cos 'yeah' to me depending on d stage of d interview may have little or no impact on the outcome of the interview, besides weda u did well or not it's still same old "we would get back to you" that the interviewer will still tell u, so I don't think it may be cos of what u claimed u said.
modified; but y u sef no take correction na?

13 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by yvesboss(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
i am so used to that word...may God help me

yea
Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
viqueta:
Op, are u saying this out of your discretion or it was what they told you? cos 'yeah' to me depending on d stage of d interview may have little or no impact on the outcome of the interview, besides weda u did well or not it's still same old "we would get back to you" that the interviewer will still tell u, so I don't think it may be cos of what u claimed u said.
modified; but y u sef no take correction na?
bros na slipery of tonque oh! She nag at me when i used the word,
Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Lordave: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ambi25:
It was one faithful morning after my regular job search on the internet job Search portal, i came across a job advert it was about a 5 star hotel recruitment, i read the requirement with interest.

All the requirement fit my Qualification so, i decided to apply for the job as a store Manager.
Three days later i was invited for an interview, i was excited to attend my first job interview with high hope of landing the job.

I did all i could practising, Reseaching about the company Mission and Vision.
The first stage of the interview was a writen test and thank God i pass the first stage and was shortlisted for the second stage of the interview.

I felt so happy that faithful day when i got a congratulatory massage for the next stage of the interview after three days.
On the final day of the interview, about 100 people were invited, although there were some gate crashing people waiting for slite opportunity to grab.

The interview was going on well but this one word "yea" i used instead of yes denied me my first job.
I was told to go home that they will get back to me, at that moment i knew that was the end, i felt so disappointed dragged my feet like someone that was heat by a truck.

My advice to job seekers is that they should always use the right words during interview to avoid this kind of situations.

http://nigeriacurrentaffairs1..in/2015/06/one-word-that-denied-me-my-first-job.html
Man, you're not wrong!

I remember filling a form last month and this man kept asking me questions and I kept saying yeah where I'm supposed to say yes, the man gave me a stern look and told me to answer him yes when I'm supposed to and don't say yeah to him again.

That's a very delicate word.

10 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lordave:
Man, you're not wrong!

I remember filling a form last month and this man kept asking me questions and I kept saying yeah where I'm supposed to say yes, the man gave me a stern look and told me to answer him yes when I'm supposed to and don't say yeah to him again.

That's a very delicate word.
that is the truth! I hope those reading will learn from my mistake

12 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by ednut1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
lies from the pit of hell undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
ednut1:
lies from the pit of hell undecided
be careful in other not to make such mistake oh! Hear me now.

4 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by ednut1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ambi25:
be careful in other not to make such mistake oh! Hear me now.
not a good habit, but in reality if i tick all the boxes they want eg confidence,working under pressure,resourceful, solution oriented and i use dat word, i wud still get the job ok #fact, interviews go far than u think. the worst interview i ever had was for my current job

5 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Hollawaley(m): 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hee yah. May almighty allah in this holy month of ramadan bestow upon you your dream job. And other Nl job seekers

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
ednut1:
not a good habit, but in reality if i tick all the boxes they want eg confidence,working under pressure,resourceful, solution oriented and i use dat word, i wud still get the job ok #fact, interviews go far than u think. the worst interview i ever had was for my current job
you mean you didnt do well at the interview and you got the job.
Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by stepo707: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
i use it too unconsciously.Not a big deal imho but our naija ppl always blow things outta proportion

4 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Ambi25: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
stepo707:
i use it too unconsciously.Not a big deal imho but our naija ppl always blow things outta proportion
you can use it for informal discussion but dont use it for formal discussion oh!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by orogodoganyin(m): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ambi25:
you can use it for formal discussion but dont use it for informal discussion oh!
i suppose u mean it the other way round

3 Likes

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Sweetyie(f): 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
That's what social media is causing
. I also encountered a similar situation while I was presenting my seminar, I forgot a part of it n I say SH*T. Tnk God d lecturer didn't hear me cos I got my A later.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Rounakid(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Okay

1 Like

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by solaugo(m): 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
shocked
[size=15pt]Recruitment Aptitude Tests Made Easy - Access Sample Questions Online....See your score and answers to attempted questions @ www.recruitment.[/size]

1 Like

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by deavicky(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
Yeah I got ur message
Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by phemmy88(m): 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
B
Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by moscobabs(m): 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
grin grin grin this reminds me of a word that denied me from travel out of the country 15years
during my interview with consular

he asked me what I will be doing for living when I get to the UK?

I answered ..I will like to learn about yahoo and use the proceed to sponsor my education

Consular: whats yahoo?

Me : Yahoo yahoo

consular: meaning

me : I will be playing on white intelligent on internet and make money through it

Consular : you are not needed in my country !!! grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
Yea is an English word.

1 Like

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by toluine56(m): 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
sholikay:
.. That's the main reason why I detest writing in abbreviation, or in slang!.. You get addicted to it unconsciously, and obviously begin to reproduce it orally..
I know of a guy whenever he finds something amusing, he would chuckle, and pronounce the abbreviation "LOL" as a word.. I was like what is wrong with this one? .. Too much of social media chat abbreviation.. cheesy
Hahahhaah
You're damn right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by toluine56(m): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Yea is an English word.
Nah...informal english
Re: One Word That Denied Me My First Job Offer In An Interview by bastien: 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Job Opening At Nigerian Prisons Service / Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.