Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Billy Graham’s Grandson Resigns From Florida Megachurch After Cheating On Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billy Graham’s Grandson Resigns From Florida Megachurch After Cheating On Wife (610 Views)

Patrick Henry Edet Resigns From Catholic Church In Akwa Ibom (pics) / Graham Chukwunoso Jacobs In Sex Scandal With Church Member -TheBreakingTimes.com / The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Billy Graham’s Grandson Resigns From Florida Megachurch After Cheating On Wife by afegreg: 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
By TEMILADE ENIOLA

A Senior Pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian and grandson of popular evangelist, Billy Graham has resigned from his pulpit.

Pastor Tullian Tchividjian stepped down after admitting he had an affair with an unnamed woman.

Tchividjian, 42, has been married to his wife, Kim, since 1994 and they have three children.

He released the following statement to The Washington Post:

“I resigned from my position at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church today due to ongoing marital issues. As many of you know, I returned from a trip a few months back and discovered that my wife was having an affair. Heartbroken and devastated, I informed our church leadership and requested a sabbatical to focus exclusively on my marriage and family. As her affair continued, we separated.

Sadly and embarrassingly, I subsequently sought comfort in a friend and developed an inappropriate relationship myself. Last week I was approached by our church leaders and they asked me about my own affair. I admitted to it and it was decided that the best course of action would be for me to resign. Both my wife and I are heartbroken over our actions and we ask you to pray for us and our family that God would give us the grace we need to weather this heart wrenching storm. We are amazingly grateful for the team of men and women who are committed to walking this difficult path with us. Please pray for the healing of deep wounds and we kindly ask that you respect our privacy.”

Kim Tchividjian sent the following message to The Post Monday morning:

“The statement reflected my husband’s opinions but not my own. Please respect the privacy of my family at this time, thank you. I do thank everyone for the outpouring of love for my family as well during this difficult time and we appreciate all the prayers and support we are receiving.”

Rob Pacienza, executive pastor of Coral Ridge, provided the following statement from the church:

“Several days ago, Pastor Tullian admitted to moral failure, acknowledging his actions disqualify him from continuing to serve as.......

MORE...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/06/tullian-tchividjian-billy-grahams-grandson-resigns-from-florida-megachurch-after-cheating-on-wife/

Re: Billy Graham’s Grandson Resigns From Florida Megachurch After Cheating On Wife by angieberry(f): 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Shocking! But no one's perfect
Re: Billy Graham’s Grandson Resigns From Florida Megachurch After Cheating On Wife by vooks: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
Why would he associate his failure with his wife's?
Wife did it...then I did it.....so am stepping down....sounds like Adam

(1) (Reply)

Satan Is Not An Illusion / TB Joshua Returns Tithe AGAIN! / On Giving: Things Our Pastors Don't Tell Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.