Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Living In The Supernatural - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living In The Supernatural (848 Views)

Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living In The Supernatural by ecenter(m): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
Friends,
I want to use this opportunity to share with you how you can be an embodiment of power in your Christian journey. How you can demonstrate the power of God in your life no matter who you are. You may be a month old Christian, or might have spent many years as a Christian, yet you have not experienced the power of God before. This post is for you.

Many so called Christians want God to use them, but they don't know how to go about it. Let me ask you, Do you normally get tired of the way you talk, that is you speak words that don't edify anyone? or do you struggle to overcome sexual thoughts, or you can't control yourself when you are angry?
Again do you feel jealous when a friend of yours is prospering? Do you struggle to pray for 30 minutes or one hour? You can't concentrate when a sermon is going on? All these flaws are as a result of your falling nature. Man inherited falling nature that is carnal, incapable of loving and serving God. The book of Romans said that such a person who leaves in the flesh is an enemy to God (Rom 8:6-

Now straight to what I want to share with you. How can you overcome these carnal natures you inherited from your parents? That is where am going. The answer is very simple. You have to pray in TONGUE. Praying in TONGUE is a Christian experience that takes place when one is first born again, and is baptized in the Holy Spirit, see Acts 2:1-4. On the day of Pentecost as believers gathered at a place, the Holy Spirit came upon them and they began to speak in tongue.

As a Christian if you have not experienced speaking in tongue according to the Bibles injunctions, you better do so, because this is where power am talking about comes.
Now let’s assume you are speaking in tongues. But do you speak in tongues on a regular basis? Am hearing you say no. Here is the problem many believers who are speaking in tongues have. They received the person of the Holy Spirit sent by God to help them, yet they are empty. The book of Romans 8:26
''Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered''[i][/i]

If the spirit is sent to help your weakness, how does He do that? This can only be possible through your allowance or your ability of speaking in tongues. Let me tell you what speaking in tongues does:

1. when you speak in tongues, you edify yourself-1Cor 14:4.To edify, means to charge yourself up. Just like you charge your battery for effective functions. For example, you may be feeling very upset, or worn out due to stress or the challenges of life, instead of allowing yourself down, just begin to speak in tongues, spend quality time speaking in tongues, you will realize great power from within.

2. Praying in tongues is also known as praying in the spirit. So when you pray in tongues, you‘re ushering yourself into the realm of the supernatural. How do I mean, when you pray in the spirit, it’s your spirit communicating to God directly. By so doing you enter into the spiritual realm where demons or Satan cannot understand what you are saying to God. Since speaking in tongues is prayer directly to God, you are speaking the mind of God in prayer. You are telling God what your natural senses cannot understand. It is only God that understands you. Now let me tell you, what you are telling God in prayers by praying in tongues: you are talking to God about your divine purpose for your life. The very reason why you are created here to fulfill. Every one of us has a purpose by which they are created here on earth. Have you discovered the purpose of God in your life? Can you categorically say, this or that are the reasons why am created here on earth? So praying in tongues exposes the purpose of God in your life. Therefore, give yourself enough time to speak in tongues.

3. Speaking in tongues make the word of God come alive. The word of God is written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and only those who are filled with the Holy Spirit can understand the Bible. Therefore when you are speaking in tongues you open up your spiritual antenna, to receiving from God. When you speak extensively in tongues, you may be reading a portion of the Bible you don't have understand about, but because you have soaked yourself in the Holy Spirit through speaking in Tongue, you will be surprised that the same portion of the scripture you have been reading before without understanding, you see the same portion of the Bible jumping out of the book, arresting your mind, by that time you will have better understanding of that portion. Hope you understand what am sharing.
There are other examples of the importance of speaking in tongues, but let me stop here for now till next I come up with the remaining points.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/07/15 / A Joy Of Many Generations / Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.