Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,443 members, 7,850,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:32 AM

Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. (849 Views)

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Christians Help Me Answer This Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 08, 2015
why did Solomon and his mother connive with a chief priest and Military general to deny the true crowned prince of Isreal, Davids first son his rightful throne?

After dispossessing him of his birth right, Solomon killed him.

Lalasticlala please help me out here.
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Anas09: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
See how everyone is ignoring U. Am so glad. This is the best way to treat people like U.
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by bxcode(m): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Op, i will like to know the basis of your question, of all the teachings and trues in the bible, you found this? undecided undecided
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by khadupsie(f): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
This is some C.R.K thang!
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
See them line up

hypocrites!

Answer the damn question!!!
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Scholar8200(m): 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
chuna1985:
why did Solomon and his mother connive with a chief priest and Military general to deny the true crowned prince of Isreal, Davids first son his rightful throne?

After dispossessing him of his birth right, Solomon killed him.

Lalasticlala please help me out here.
Solomon was chosen by God to be the next king by David. The real connivance was by Adonijah and Joab and Solomon's mother had to move to claim the prophecy/promise and insist on its fulfilment

1 Chronicles 22:7-10
7 And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God:

8 but the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.

9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

Now to brothers and sisters reading this, learn from how Solomon's mum claimed the promise as an example of claiming promises/redemptive benefits though satan runs amok hither thither; watch David's swift response when she claimed her right! Nathan's role is similar to that played by the Spirit today- showing us what is ours in and through Christ and enabling us to pray as we ought and prevail before the Father:

1 KINGS 1:11-30
Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not?
12 Now therefore come, let me, I pray thee, give thee counsel, that thou mayest save thine own life, and the life of thy son Solomon.
13 Go and get thee in unto king David, and say unto him, Didst not thou, my lord, O king, swear unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne? why then doth Adonijah reign?
14 Behold, while thou yet talkest there with the king, I also will come in after thee, and confirm thy words.

15 And Bath-sheba went in unto the king into the chamber: and the king was very old; and Abishag the Shunammite ministered unto the king. 16 And Bath-sheba bowed, and did obeisance unto the king. And the king said, What wouldest thou?
17 And she said unto him, My lord, thou swarest by the Lord thy God unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne.
18 And now, behold, Adonijah reigneth; and now, my lord the king, thou knowest it not:

20 And thou, my lord, O king, the eyes of all Israel are upon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him.
21 Otherwise it shall come to pass, when my lord the king shall sleep with his fathers, that I and my son Solomon shall be counted offenders.

22 And, lo, while she yet talked with the king, Nathan the prophet also came in.
23 And they told the king, saying, Behold Nathan the prophet. And when he was come in before the king, he bowed himself before the king with his face to the ground.
24 And Nathan said, My lord, O king, hast thou said, Adonijah shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne?
25 For he is gone down this day, and hath slain oxen and fat cattle and sheep in abundance, and hath called all the king’s sons, and the captains of the host, and Abiathar the priest; and, behold, they eat and drink before him, and say, God save king Adonijah.
26 But me, even me thy servant, and Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and thy servant Solomon, hath he not called.
27 Is this thing done by my lord the king, and thou hast not shewed it unto thy servant, who should sit on the throne of my lord the king after him?

28 Then king David answered and said, Call me Bath-sheba. And she came into the king’s presence, and stood before the king.
29 And the king sware, and said, As the Lord liveth, that hath redeemed my soul out of all distress,
30 even as I sware unto thee by the Lord God of Israel, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne in my stead; even so will I certainly do this day.

Dont just fold your hands and complain, search the Word let the Spirit lead you into all Truth then PRAY!, Stand on Redemption ground and claim what is yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
Scholar8200:
Solomon was chosen by God to be the next king by David. The real connivance was by Adonijah and Joab and Solomon's mother had to move to claim the prophecy/promise and insist on its fulfilment

1 Chronicles 22:7-10
7 And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God:

8 but the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.

9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

Now to brothers and sisters reading this, learn from how Solomon's mum claimed the promise as an example of claiming promises/redemptive benefits though satan runs amok hither thither; watch David's swift response when she claimed her right! Nathan's role is similar to that played by the Spirit today- showing us what is ours in and through Christ and enabling us to pray as we ought and prevail before the Father:

1 KINGS 1:11-30
Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bath-sheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not?
12 Now therefore come, let me, I pray thee, give thee counsel, that thou mayest save thine own life, and the life of thy son Solomon.
13 Go and get thee in unto king David, and say unto him, Didst not thou, my lord, O king, swear unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne? why then doth Adonijah reign?
14 Behold, while thou yet talkest there with the king, I also will come in after thee, and confirm thy words.

15 And Bath-sheba went in unto the king into the chamber: and the king was very old; and Abishag the Shunammite ministered unto the king. 16 And Bath-sheba bowed, and did obeisance unto the king. And the king said, What wouldest thou?
17 And she said unto him, My lord, thou swarest by the Lord thy God unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne.
18 And now, behold, Adonijah reigneth; and now, my lord the king, thou knowest it not:

20 And thou, my lord, O king, the eyes of all Israel are upon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him.
21 Otherwise it shall come to pass, when my lord the king shall sleep with his fathers, that I and my son Solomon shall be counted offenders.

22 And, lo, while she yet talked with the king, Nathan the prophet also came in.
23 And they told the king, saying, Behold Nathan the prophet. And when he was come in before the king, he bowed himself before the king with his face to the ground.
24 And Nathan said, My lord, O king, hast thou said, Adonijah shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne?
25 For he is gone down this day, and hath slain oxen and fat cattle and sheep in abundance, and hath called all the king’s sons, and the captains of the host, and Abiathar the priest; and, behold, they eat and drink before him, and say, God save king Adonijah.
26 But me, even me thy servant, and Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and thy servant Solomon, hath he not called.
27 Is this thing done by my lord the king, and thou hast not shewed it unto thy servant, who should sit on the throne of my lord the king after him?

28 Then king David answered and said, Call me Bath-sheba. And she came into the king’s presence, and stood before the king.
29 And the king sware, and said, As the Lord liveth, that hath redeemed my soul out of all distress,
30 even as I sware unto thee by the Lord God of Israel, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne in my stead; even so will I certainly do this day.

Dont just fold your hands and complain, search the Word let the Spirit lead you into all Truth then PRAY!, Stand on Redemption ground and claim what is yours.

lmao. ok explain to me what i asked, why did solonon kill his brother n took away his throne

why did d chief priest connive with bethsheba to steal adonijahs throne
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Scholar8200(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

lmao. ok explain to me what i asked, why did solonon kill his brother n took away his throne

why did d chief priest connive with bethsheba to steal adonijahs throne
Adonijah was alive when Solomon was crowned king.
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
Scholar8200:

Adonijah was alive when Solomon was crowned king.

Adonijah was in d battle field defending isreal wen the plan to replace him was hatched. The second Israel chief priest saw what was going on and rushed to d battle field to call him. Adonijah handed over command n raced home, but wen he entered d city, he heard the trumpets for coronation.

He knew his life was in danger that Solomon will kill him n so he ran into the Tarbanacle .

Solomon sent soldiers there to arrest him n he refused to leave the Tarbanacle n then the soldiers were afraid to enter d Tarbanacle too.

U can go read up more about d story n how Solomon later killed him.
Re: Please Nairaland Christians, Help Me With Answers. by Scholar8200(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
chuna1985:

Adonijah was in d battle field defending isreal wen the plan to replace him was hatched. The second Israel chief priest saw what was going on and rushed to d battle field to call him. Adonijah handed over command n raced home, but wen he entered d city, he heard the trumpets for coronation.

9 And Adonijah slew sheep and oxen and fat cattle by the stone of Zoheleth, which is by En-rogel, and called all his brethren the king’s sons, and all the men of Judah the king’s servants:

41 And Adonijah and all the guests that were with him heard it as they had made an end of eating
. And when Joab heard the sound of the trumpet, he said, Wherefore is this noise of the city being in an uproar?
42 And while he yet spake, behold, Jonathan the son of Abiathar the priest came: and Adonijah said unto him, Come in; for thou art a valiant man, and bringest good tidings.
43 And Jonathan answered and said to Adonijah, Verily our lord king David hath made Solomon king.

1 Kings 1:9,41-43

Indeed he was in the battlefield killing sheep and inviting guest for eating and drinking, wining and dining!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/03/16 / The Truth About Islam And Terrorism / Pastor Gets Stuck In A Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.