Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. (840 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / Tension In Bayelsa As Militants Attack Army Check Point, Kill Four (August 2015) / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in
Abuja directed the Nigerian Army to
withdraw soldiers from military check-points
in relatively secure parts
of the country and concentrate more on ending
the Boko Haram insurgency.
Speaking at a meeting with the Permanent
Secretary, Federal Ministry of
Defence, the Chief Of Defence Staff, Service
Chiefs and Heads of National
Security Agencies, President Buhari said,
however, that military
check-points could be retained in areas outside
the North-Eastern states
where the military considered them absolutely
essential for the
maintenance of national security.
Reaffirming his administration’s total
commitment to ending the Boko Haram
insurgency in the shortest possible time, the
President welcomed the
progress report he was given on the
implementation of his order that the
Military Command Control Centre be relocated
to Maiduguri.
President Buhari who, in keeping with the
declared priorities of his
government, made the meeting with defence
and security chiefs the top item
on his schedule on his first day at work in the
Presidential Villa, also
expressed satisfaction at the progress made so
far in the implementation
of the decision of the Lake Chad Basin
Commission to fast-track the
deployment of the Multinational Joint Task
Force based in Ndjamena.
The defence and security chiefs who met with
the President and Vice
President Yemi Osinbajo for over three and half
hours, also briefed them
on the refurbishment of existing military
platforms and the acquisition
of new weapons for the Armed Forces.
source... http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-orders-withdrawal-of-soldiers-from-check-points/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
wow is it ideal to remove the checkpoints considering the way The N.P.F behave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Makamuanwuo(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
checkpoint dey boko dey show their talent,if cm removam nah,they go bomb frm sambisa to enugu,frm enugu to bayelsa,frm bayelsa to onitsha,frm onitsha to osun,frm osun to lagos,frm lagos to aso rock whr dia paymaster live.that dullard frm daura is high....grab my pasport to abidjan to nyt.#freehandtobokoboiz#,truly we in onechance
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by rayblast(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
shooting of trailer drivers at check point by soldiers cos of N500, is it right ?
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
The Military checkpoints were the only thing stopping Boko Haram from committing terror attacks across the polity.

Boko Haram have shown that they are not limited to the northeast and that they have sleeper cells across the country to carry out attacks.

Obviously Buhari is in power now and as such he won't be needing his bokos to bomb Abuja again but rather wants them to help his Fulani brothers in "cleansing" the middle belt of Kafirs in their land grab campaign
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
rayblast:
shooting of trailer drivers at check point by soldiers cos of N500, is it right ?

Pls kindly post a link where soldiers killed a trailer driver over 500 bribe.

You osun people sef
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Khd95(m): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
checkpoint dey boko dey show their talent,if cm removam nah,they go bomb frm sambisa to enugu,frm enugu to bayelsa,frm bayelsa to onitsha,frm onitsha to osun,frm osun to lagos,frm lagos to aso rock whr dia paymaster live.that dullard frm daura is high....grab my pasport to abidjan to nyt.#freehandtobokoboiz#,truly we in onechance
som pple dy smoke grass

Som dy smoke weedgrin

som still day smoke dat local yoruba mat

I dnt no wic one dis guy smokes,could it b astro turf grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Makamuanwuo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
Khd95:

som pple dy smoke grass

Som dy smoke weedgrin

som still day smoke dat local yoruba mat

I dnt no wic one dis guy smokes,could it b astro turf grin grin grin grin grin grin
anytin him lyk makd he smoke...smoke na smoke
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
It a good idea.
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by AmucheJane(f): 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Like seriously for me I don't buy the idea at all but if it will end boko haram, fine. Na our fear fear police go come dey for highway alone, hmmmmmm. I just tire for 9ja matter, just watching.
Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
@OP It is definitely not wise and thank God he has returned them in some places.... Chai!!! we don get Trial and Error President... Roadside mechanic technique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdrawal Of Army Check Points Is It Wise. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
@OP It is definitely not wise and thank God he has returned them in some places.... Chai!!! we don get Trial and Error President... Roadside mechanic technique

what can u say about boko boys attack my brother despite all this??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Terrorist Group ‘yanlabaiku’ Emerge In Kebbi State / My Take On The Boko Haram Killings And PMB / Come Back Home - Shettima Tells Fleeing Borno Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.