Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. (1593 Views)

Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Joel Osteen Slammed For Shutting His Church's Doors To Hurricane Harvey Victims / Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by chiedu7: 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
This woman called Victoris Osteen that many look up to say's
"You do good to please yourself not God"

Now without even checking the bible this is rubbish.

Jesus said if you love me you will do what I say, so it please's God to obey Him.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

For those who look up to the Osteens, they are taking you guys for a ride big time.

Good thing is that Bill Cosby told her off, well sort of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00-6OyXVA0M
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by esere826: 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
chiedu7:
This woman called Victoris Osteen that many look up to say's
"You do good to please yourself not God"

Now without even checking the bible this is rubbish.

Jesus said if you love me you will do what I say, so it please's God to obey Him.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

For those who look up to the Osteens, they are taking you guys for a ride big time.

But she was right

You worship God so that what ...
You got born again so that what .....
You pay you tithes, so that what ........
you obey your parents so that what ....
You follow your MOG so that what .......

are all of these things not about you at the end of the day?

Why my friends do you gleefully speak of this when you've not thought it through?

1 Like

Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by An2elect2(f): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
I know already! (by God's grace)
Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"
Philippians 2:13 "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

2 Likes

Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by chiedu7: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
An2elect2:
I know already! (by God's grace)

Colossians 1:16
"For by him were all things created, that are in
heaven, and that are in earth, visible and
invisible, whether they be thrones, or
dominions, or principalities, or powers: all
things were created by him, and for him
:"

Philippians 2:13
"For it is God which worketh in you both to
will and to do of his good pleasure
."

esere826 Please read the above and dont be ignorant
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by chiedu7: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
esere826:

[s]But she was right

You worship God so that what ...
You got born again so that what .....
You pay you tithes, so that what ........
you obey your parents so that what ....
You follow your MOG so that what .......

are all of these things not about you at the end of the day?[/s]

[s]Why my friends do you gleefully speak of this when you've not thought it through?[/s]

Read the above
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by esere826: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
chiedu7:

Read the above

wean yourself off KJV. it is poetic alright buy uses old English. plus its scholarship is quite dated.
Old wine should not be used in new skin remember!

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him "

When i read this version, what i interpret it as, is same as what Victoria Osteen said
and even what you yourself have said.
the only difference between Victoria and you is that:

1) you take away the human element and make the pleasures of God a stand-alone for His benefit only.And then try to demean her
2) while she considers (emphasises) the nature of man in the equation and does not attempt to demean anyone in the process

But this is what the verse interprets as

"God makes you feel happy doing what makes him feel happy
so in pleasing (or trying to pelase) yourself in Godly things you end up pleasing God
and in trying to please God, you end up pleasing yourself'

....it is a win, win for both parties

1 Like

Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by chiedu7: 1:05am On Jun 24, 2015
esere826:

wean yourself off KJV. it is poetic alright buy uses old English. plus its scholarship is quite dated.
Old wine should not be used in new skin remember!

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him "

When i read this version, what i interpret it as, is same as what Victoria Osteen said
and even what you yourself have said.
the only difference between Victoria and you is that:

1) you take away the human element and make the pleasures of God a stand-alone for His benefit only.And then try to demean her
2) while she considers (emphasises) the nature of man in the equation and does not attempt to demean anyone in the process

But this is what the verse interprets as

"God makes you feel happy doing what makes him feel happy
so in pleasing (or trying to pelase) yourself in Godly things you end up pleasing God
and in trying to please God, you end up pleasing yourself'

....it is a win, win for both parties

The verses are clear we were created for the pleasure of God.
If your masonic god tells you otherwise it's upto you.

Colossians 1:16
"For by him were all things created, that are in
heaven, and that are in earth, visible and
invisible, whether they be thrones, or
dominions, or principalities, or powers: all
things were created by him, and for him
:"

Philippians 2:13
"For it is God which worketh in you both to
will and to do of his good pleasure
."

Joel Osteen is a Freemason
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by esere826: 6:59am On Jun 24, 2015
chiedu7:

Joel Osteen is a Freemason
cheesy
you sha, you opened a dead thread and started labeling those of us that do not share your view. In effect, you were not interested in sharing opinions in the first place

me na anti-christ
Joel na freemason
you na chained mason i guess

I'll exit your thread, and let the dead bury the dead wink
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by David0(m): 7:13am On Jun 24, 2015
I think u got her msg wrong.
The race is a personal race. Whatever u do, u do it for ursef.
Ur purpose of pleasing God is to b on His good side.
If u please God, who gets the reward...me? No its u of cos.
So whatever we do, weda it pleases God or not, comes back to us either for good or for bad as d case may be.
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by chiedu7: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2015
esere826:

cheesy
you sha, you opened a dead thread and started labeling those of us that do not share your view. In effect, you were not interested in sharing opinions in the first place

me na anti-christ
Joel na freemason
you na chained mason i guess

I'll exit your thread, and let the dead bury the dead wink

The bible is clear that we were created for God and not ourselves, anything else is satanic.

You think you have light, for that reason your sins remain

John 9:41
Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin:
but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

For Jesus is the Light of the world

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,
I am the light of the world:

and He sides on the sides of the north not east

Isaiah 14:13
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I guess esere826 you thought I was profane!!!

NOPE I AM REDEEMED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS. grin

Best advice I can give you is to leave Freemasonry

David0:
I think u got her msg wrong.
The race is a personal race. Whatever u do, u do it for ursef.
Ur purpose of pleasing God is to b on His good side.
If u please God, who gets the reward...me? No its u of cos.
So whatever we do, we do it pleases God or not, comes back to us either for good or for bad as d case may be.

Sorry where did you get that it's a personal race from?

Did the bible not say whoever confesses God before men?
does men should personal to you?

Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men,
him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

The bible say's that those who aim to please themselves are not of God
2 Timothy 3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by avart: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2015
HOW TO EARN N85,000 TO N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

Calvary greetings to you, and may the divine love of Christ be with you and your entire household in Jesus Name, Amen.
I am Pastor William Oladipo, the Provincial Pastor of THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, Kaduna Province 1. @ No.3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna. And I wish to introduce you to a Wealth Empowerment Program tagged: HOW TO EARN N85,000 to N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

it's a financial empowerment program been introduced to members of the church under the RCCG KADUNA PROVINCE 1 and we decided to spread it out so that members of the church in other states and the general public can benefit from it.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAM, SEND ME A MAIL OR SMS,TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST.

THE MAIL OR SMS SHOULD BE SENT TO talk2pastorwilly@minister.com OR 08098258686 WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

1. YOUR NAME
2. CONTACT ADDRESS
3. OCCUPATION
4. PHONE NUMBER
5. EMAIL ADDRESS

THEN I WILL FORWARD YOU WITH THE PROCEDURES ON HOW YOU CAN PARTAKE IN IT

Remain Blessed
Pastor William Oladipo,
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD,
KADUNA PROVINCE 1,
No. 3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna
Email: talk2pastorwilly @minister.com
GSM: 08098258686
Re: Bill Cosby Put's Victoria Osteen In Her Place. by chiedu7: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2015

(1) (Reply)

(pic)confession Of Sins To A Catholic Priest Is It Right Or Wrong? / TESTIMONY TIME. Post Ur Testimony Here / What Does It Mean To Release Someone's Glory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.