Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Moving A Site From One Host To Another - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Moving A Site From One Host To Another (588 Views)

How Many Domain Name Can One Host...? / Pls How Can I Move My Wordpress, Joomla Site From One Host To Another Host / 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving A Site From One Host To Another by lordcrux: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pls can someone give me a guide on hw to move my site from my host provider[ie frogcp] to another[].
Re: Moving A Site From One Host To Another by gozmos(m): 9:18am On Jun 24, 2015
you have to forward your dns to the new hosting
Re: Moving A Site From One Host To Another by hilaryiwens05: 10:53am On Jun 25, 2015
1st buy a hosting space den change the nameservers of ur domain to where u bought the hosting. move all ur website files to one folder and zip it with the compress tool on ur file manager.

log in to ur new hosting cpanel. once you are logged into your hosting control panel, locate the FileManager tool. You’d be transferred to the root server directory, called public_html or www.

In case you are willing to upload your files to
any sub-directory, just use the navigation tree
on the left side to locate the needed folder.

Use the ‘Upload’ button to upload your files.

*Note, your files should be zipped before
uploading.

zip using winrar The file has been uploaded. Now you can unarchive (unzip) it, using the ‘extract’ option, built in your Hosting Control Panel.

All the files have been successfully extracted.
upload your database the phpmyadmin if any

Your new hosting company should be able to help you to move your files.

Re: Moving A Site From One Host To Another by ahmedin7(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
go to gigalayer.com. I did mine too there, it was swift and easy. check out my site www.antech.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Moving A Site From One Host To Another by emillionaire: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
contact your new host customer care. they will do that for you free as a new customer

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Android Google Maps Without The Internet / 17 Blogging Tips To Build A Blog Unlike The Others / 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.