Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Transit Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transit Visa (3036 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Crushes Man Dead In Enugu Today(Graphic Photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) / Do I Need A Transit Visa To Pass Through UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello Travelanders,

Do i need to get a transit visa if i will be transiting through any of these airports;
I will be leaving from Lagos, Nigeria(LOS).

Dubai International Airport (DXB
Doha International Airport ( DOH
Amsterdam Schipol

Duration of transit is 3hrs to 16hrs max.

CC:
Justwise, suxes2005, worry357.
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
Mrnilobrawn, you passed through Dubai airport recently, did you require a transit visa?
Pls I need your help.
Re: Transit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Amsterdam!

Where exactly are you going?

That route does not look clear to me.
Re: Transit Visa by mrnilobrawn: 4:02am On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:
Mrnilobrawn, you passed through Dubai airport recently, did you require a transit visa?
Pls I need your help.
Nope. Where are you heading to? You should probably provide more details
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Nope. Where are you heading to? You should probably provide more details

suxes2005:
Amsterdam!
Where exactly are you going?
That route does not look clear to me.

Thanks, i'll be heading to South-Korea.
The least flight time I've found is 28hrs and i have to transit at either of the above airports depending on my choice of airline.
Re: Transit Visa by suxes2005(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:

Thanks, i'll be heading to South-Korea.
The least flight time I've found is 28hrs and i have to transit at either of the above airports depending on my choice of airline.

I think you're trying a wrong route.

Etihad airways is the best for you. Don't try cut cost and later
run into some problems on your way.

~ Sheyi

Re: Transit Visa by justwise(m): 7:51am On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:
Hello Travelanders,

Do i need to get a transit visa if i will be transiting through any of these airports;
I will be leaving from Lagos, Nigeria(LOS).

Dubai International Airport (DXB
Doha International Airport ( DOH
Amsterdam Schipol

Duration of transit is 3hrs to 16hrs max.

CC:
Justwise, suxes2005, worry357.
You only need transit visa if you will be staying more 24hrs or tend to get into the country.
Go for 3hrs waiting time because you will regret taking 16hrs route.
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
justwise:

You only need transit visa if you will be staying more 24hrs or tend to get into the country.

That settles it. Thanks.
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2015
suxes2005:

I think you're trying a wrong route.

Etihad airways is the best for you. Don't try cut cost and later
run into some problems on your way.

~ Sheyi

I never said my final destination is Abu Dhabi, my question was related to transit visa requirement.

Thanks anyway, justwise seems to understand me.
Re: Transit Visa by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:

I never said my final destination is Abu Dhabi, my question was related to transit visa requirement.

Before I forget...choose carefully when you arrive at transiting airport, try to avoid arriving late in the night because not all airports operates 247 and in that case you will need transit visa to get into the country to stay in a hotel.
Re: Transit Visa by frankferdtravel: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello there. Yes, you would need a transit visa. Especially since your stay would be less than 4 days. I hope your passport is valid for more than 3 months. Hope that has been able to help you. Feel free to ask us more questions.
Re: Transit Visa by justwise(m): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2015
frankferdtravel:
Hello there. Yes, you would need a transit visa. Especially since your stay would be less than 4 days. I hope your passport is valid for more than 3 months. Hope that has been able to help you. Feel free to ask us more questions.

Where did you get that from?
Re: Transit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:

No vex ooo.

I was trying to help you and I never said your final destination
is Abu Dhabi.

I've given you the best route, if you try to go through
Frnakfurt, there might be problem.

Sorry for trying to help

~ Sheyi
Re: Transit Visa by frankferdtravel: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
justwise:

Where did you get that from?

If you will be transiting through Amsterdam for more than three hours, you are advised to get a transit visa because sometimes the Immigration will ask for it ( I have had that issue before) but if you are traveling with a UK, US or Canadian visa, you will not be asked for a transit visa. But for the other Airports i.e Doha and Dubai, you don't need a Transit visa.

I hope, this response is satisfactory?
Re: Transit Visa by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
frankferdtravel:

If you will be transiting through Amsterdam for more than three hours, you are advised to get a transit visa because sometimes the Immigration will ask for it ( I have had that issue before) but if you are traveling with a UK, US or Canadian visa, you will not be asked for a transit visa. But for the other Airports i.e Doha and Dubai, you don't need a Transit visa.

I hope, this response is satisfactory?

Do you mind giving the op a link to verify that? Or is that you personal opinion?
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
justwise:

Do you mind giving the op a link to verify that? Or is that you personal opinion?

Maybe there is no such rule, but, he meant its better to be on the safer side of things.

I'll go with either Doha or Dubai as i've been advised earlier.
Re: Transit Visa by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:

Maybe there is no such rule, but, he meant its better to be on the safer side of things.

I'll go with either Doha or Dubai as i've been advised earlier.

How many hours waiting time?
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

How many hours waiting time?

5 hours Max.
Re: Transit Visa by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
TLOTRS:

5 hours Max.

Not bad then
Re: Transit Visa by TLOTRS: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
justwise:

Not bad then

Yeah it isn't, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Egbe Dam "Ekiti State " In Picture / Benin Nightlife: Top 5 Exciting Nightclubs In The City / How Do I Get To Gbagada From Iyana Ipaja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.