Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Some Insane Military Training Around The World. - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Insane Military Training Around The World. (81964 Views)

Photo Of IPOB Soldiers After A Military Training / Planned Amphibious Military Training In The Creeks: Ijaw People Cry Out For Help / Military Training At International Conference Centre Abuja, Not Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by SirShymexx: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Burger01:

cheesy

That your pp go give someone hangover cheesy

Lol, I actually forgot I've got a chic as gifted as that on my profile. grin

Darn!! An inspiration for you to keep hustling and get that money, power, and respect - and pick up something as nice as that for a dolo.

Imagine waking up next to that every morning? grin
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
Where is naija training?
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by piicity(m): 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Where is naija training?
ladybos1 how far you now
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
I love love love the ARMY.. I almost could have been a part of them :-
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by SirShymexx: 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
BlackBaron:

Now you get my point, all this boils down to how this 'extremes' fits into training. Some more useful than others while some are just plain useless. Eg flying over barbed wires and throwing an axe whilst upside down. It looks cool, but would also likely get them punctured full of bullet holes before they hit the ground.

After Black Hawk Somalia, the US probably went on to doctor their doctrine regarding when to be methodical vs fighting your way out of death. I know the recent flopped exercise but we can also count hundreds of others where the missions were kill or capture which they accomplished. The failed Somalia one saw at least no member captured or killed and they had to fight their way out of there after more Al Shabab reinforcements poured in. So maybe at least now, they've touched up with the 'maximum force aspect'. Not going to lie though, there's also a huge array of support via stealth, overwhelming firepower by way of AC 130s well above monitoring if shite hits the fan for the Americans and British. Though in how applicable their training regimes/doctrines are, Spetsnaz are lagging. Maybe in hand to hand combat, then heck no, I'll vouch for the Ruskies but it boils down to how much hand combat is usually applicable in today's world.

In all, I'm just implying some doctrines are more balanced than others. The Spetsnaz fair enough are not getting exposed to more different situations so may explain how their doctrines are honed based on available scenarios they are exposed to. The Americans and British are trying their hands at different environments, theaters.

I get what you mean.

Also, I think the Spetsnaz and Russian doctrine for combat has changed tremendously in recent years. However, most folks still judge them based on the Soviet-era and the Chechen Wars (the first one cos they performed better during the 2nd Chechen war, ditto the Georgian war), where the regular combatants and special forces rely solely on a central command center for everything - and commanders couldn't make decisions on their one. The doctrine is quite different now and tasks are carried out based on what's attainable/required in real-time - without the need to contact the command centre, thus making things far easier. Furthermore, don't forget that the Soviet started the use of paratroopers and they still produce the best parachute regiment - so support will always be readily available anywhere.

Regardless, I like the US SEALS a lot but they have got too many failed missions, and even if we're to overlook the two failed missions in Somalia - the two heavy loses they took in Afghanistan can be washed away like that. And apart from the 2nd Chechen war where they were highly effective and supremely brutal, the Alpha Group of the Russian Spetsnaz haven't really been involved in any recent mission, to even judge them. They were in Crimea as well during the "Green men" saga but since they achieved everything they set out to achieve without basically any combat, no one can really gauge how much the doctrine has changed. But based on how the objective set out in that theatre was achieve without any loss of lives - ditto how supremely modern the gears on the regular Spetsnaz GRU looked, there's an improvement/modernisation.

Yes, that's the advantage both the UK/US has - even right now, there should be SAS and US SEALS on ground in both Iraq and Syria, and they should be the ones spotting the targets for the air force to bomb. The Russians don't have that luxury since they don't get involved in too many conflicts.
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by xtervaganza(m): 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Some naija ppl be like but but but we have the best foot soldiers in he world
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by SirShymexx: 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
xtervaganza:
Some naija ppl be like but but but we have the best foot soldiers in he world

Lol. You found ya way here, Mr. Incorrigible Footie Illiterate. grin
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
luvly101:

the soldiers are flipped with a catapult-like machine
wow
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by Kolade354(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wicked Training.....If only if everybody can be likr me den deir will be no ARMY.
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by chronique(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wanted to join the army when I was still much younger but my sister kicked against the idea saying I was already too brutal and if I join,I would just come back home and kill everybody... grin.

At the height of the boko haram nonsense,I almost quit my biz to join the army but when I started hearing tales of commanding officers from the north,sabotaging their own troops and aiding boko haram,I lost interest.

I doubt I'd ever be able to join the army again(age aint on my side too).

I just love the aura around military personnels(apart from police and civil defence)

3 Likes

Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by AdeniyiA(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
woodcook:
Peace to earth! We human do not need military, why cant human live in peace and enjoy the wonderful things mother earth has bequetted on us?
blame Adam &Eve

1 Like

Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by coolshegs10(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ishilove:
Marine Spirits grin
u be MFM member? lol
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by mickyarams: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2015
stonemind:

You must be a bast@d

Is that your inbred father you are talking about?
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by coolbuoy(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
[s][/s] ;DOmoh if war strt,I sur die say na we naija go first die ooom..tnk God ago leave naija dey go abuja....lmao ;DOmoh if war strt,I sur die say na we naija go first die ooom..tnk God ago leave naija dey go abuja....lmao
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by coolbuoy(m): 9:48am On Jul 02, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] grin Omoh if war strt,I sur die say na we naija go first die ooo..tnk God ago leave naija dey go abuja....lmao
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by coolbuoy(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
Omoh if war strt,I sur die say na we naija go first die ooom..tnk God ago leave naija dey go abuja....lmao
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by okotv(m): 1:14am On Sep 08, 2015
The special forces in Nigeria exist but you just can't get pictures of their training.
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by babadem2much(m): 1:56am On Sep 08, 2015
No pain no gain no guts no glory.
only real men go for this.
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by Joshater(m): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2021
NNAMDIII... This early morning you dey that ashawo thread!?? grin
Re: Some Insane Military Training Around The World. by Gift96: 9:10pm On May 02, 2022
4. Russian Spetsnaz Pain Management Training.

As Vicktor Suvorov, a former Spetsnaz soldier described in hisbook, one aspect of Spetsnaz Special Forces training is called pain management training. As he describes it, young soldiers are put through a harshseries of exercises, from taking full-force punches in the chest from their commanding officers without flinching, to getting burning cinderblocks broken over their stomachs with a sledgehammer.

Life was not supposed to be as hard as this

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.