Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership (1740 Views)

Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership / Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by nwana1: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2015
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6re2t53e7em.f0cc9b68.jpg[/img]

Crisis in the All Progressives Congress continues, with the yesterday’s meeting of the party Senate Caucus in the National Assembly having ended in near fisticuffs over Senate leadership positions.

According to Vanguard, Bukola Saraki, the Senate president, had previously announced that the meeting scheduled for 2pm should be attended by all APC senators.

Saraki called for unity and urged his colleagues to remain focused and determined. A source disclosed that Saraki’s position was that the senators should follow the convention of allowing the zones to produce the leaders apportioned to them.

Pandemonium starter about 30 minutes later when senator Ahmed Lawan reportedly sauntered into the hearing room. His supporters announced that they must follow the dictates of the party which they claimed had already pencilled down names for all the positions.

In the course of the meeting a list supposedly arrived from APC national chairman John Odigie-Oyegun, stating the position of the party which it was claimed had been sent to the office of the Senate president.

According to the list Lawan was earmarked the Senate leader, George Akume – deputy leader; Olusola Adeyeye – chief whip and Abu Ibrahim – deputy chief whip.

Senators supporting different groups were involved in a serious war of words with their colleagues having to intervene before the situation degenerated (the news continues below, see the video in the end of the article).

Senator Hunkuyi said:

“The issue of leadership of the chamber that belongs to the group of the APC, cannot be decided here. It is common reasoning and common sense. We have a leadership for the party. The leadership of the party, that is, the APC still reigns supreme to decide the four positions of leadership, where it should go and who shall have it. An attempt here to do otherwise is the cause of this rancour.

“Simply put, the cause of the rancour is an attempt by the leadership that has emerged, in otherwise fishy circumstances to again force their will on the majority of the Senators of the APC.”

Senator Ibrahim Danbaba on his part expressed outrage over the development referring to what had been agreed on during the Monday meeting:

“He (Hunkuyi) didn’t get to know what has been said and the arrangements that were made and agreement that was reached. We all agreed that we will go and meet in caucuses, that is to say the Deputy Majority Leader of the Senate has been zoned to North-East, Deputy Majority Leader zoned to North-West and the Chief Whip zoned to South-West and then the Deputy Chief Whip is zoned to South-South.

“That was where we were when these people came in and suddenly when they came in, they said no, it is the party secretariat that is going to decide who takes the position. And of course, they were making it very obvious that the party leadership is on the side of what we believe now is extinct, that is, the Unity Forum.”

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt2e4dini53ekg.c6e38e0c.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt5oslvof3atn.094857f9.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9OAknhIjY&feature=youtu.be

http://www.234 forum.com/photos-video-of-apc-senators-fighting-dirty-for-senate-leadership/

cc lalasticlala
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by hazyfm: 8:52am On Jun 24, 2015
hmmm... Adults acting like kids
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by MizMyColi(f): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2015
angry
I look at these legislators and I do not see a people who have the common interest and good of Nigerians at heart.

No, I look at them and I see a people who will do anything to increase their loot, pacify their Godfathers and secure their means of livelihood.

GEJ was cut from a different clothe.
God bless him and keep his son safe.
Amen.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by nwana1: 9:00am On Jun 24, 2015
hazyfm:
hmmm... Adults acting like kids
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by MosakuAW(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2015
All i can say is to sing late Fela's song.

Animal dey wear Agbada....

Animal dey suit coat oooo...

All these leaders as see them...
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by eleko1: 9:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Bunch of thieves fighting cos of position(money) sad

1 Like

Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by Young03(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2015
all because of money , power n fame
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by aare07(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2015
When our values are threaten, we come together as a nation. On this note, I call all and sundry in this great nation that the development of this country would be on the roles play by the YOUTH of this nation.

Youth 4 change

Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Wat we have in that house are majority of confirmed WWE men!
Old kids
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by Mogidi: 9:13am On Jun 24, 2015
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6re2t53e7em.f0cc9b68.jpg[/img]

See the senator screaming: damburuba, Ka ci uwarka translation: f... your mother (these are supposed to be our leaders) SMH!

1 Like

Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by lyntiffany(f): 9:21am On Jun 24, 2015
All I can see is a party in disarray.
Ought to have collective agenda to spur this nation to it's peak of development but alas! what I see today in APC is just individual and sub - group interests.

I hope their pains and sorrows don't get worst than that of a pregnant woman in labour.
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by Olofintoto(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2015
is this the change we asked for?
Re: Photos & Video Of APC Senators Fighting Dirty For Senate Leadership by Koolmexxi(m): 10:13am On Jun 24, 2015
And we were all screaming change... I guess dat was only presidential, status quo remains the same... Yeye smelling since 2003....

(1) (Reply)

Dss Screened Rt Hon. Ameachi For The Position Of SFG / Photos: Abia Gov Starts Dredging Of "Okpu Umuobo Waterside" Aba. / Photos From The Funeral Service Of Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.