Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens (27442 Views)

Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership / Fuel Crisis Worsens As Motorists Struggle To Get Fuel In Abuja / Nigeria Economic Crisis Worsens - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by modhream: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2015
*Waku fingers top APC leader in EFCC invitation of Saraki’s wife

By Emma Ujah and Joseph Erunke, Abuja

The battle for the leadership of the Senate appears far from being over as the group loyal to Senator Ahmed Lawan are said to be unrelenting in the effort to impeach Senate President Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.

Lawan was a strong contender for the Senate presidency and was, in fact, anointed by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), the party which produced Saraki but with Ekweremadu from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The Lawan group’s move, it was learnt, at the weekend, was to instigate the arrest of Saraki and Ekweremadu on spurious allegations or harass the Senate President to the point of yielding to the removal of his deputy at the plenary of the upper chamber.

Sources said that President Muhammadu Buhari was being insinuated into the alleged plot with a view to getting government’s support to use state apparatus, including the EFCC, the DSS and the police, against the Senate chief helmsman.

A source linked the invitation extended to Mrs. Toyin Saraki, wife of the Senate President, by the EFCC, last week, as part of the alleged plot.
Meanwhile, an APC chieftain, Senator Joseph Waku,yesterday, fingered a top member of the party of being behind the invitation of Mrs Saraki by the EFCC.

Waku, a frontline leader of Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, said the APC leader was the mastermind of what he called “a baseless petition” against Saraki’s wife. The politician,in a statement in Abuja,insisted that the APC leader, a former governor, was exploring his personal relationship with the EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Lamorde, to embarrass, and torment fellow party members as well as overheat the polity.

He said he was highly disturbed that EFCC was being dragged into the political arena to settle political scores. “ This cannot continue if we must convince Nigerians and the international community that we deserve their support.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/senate-leadership-crisis-worsens/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by modhream: 6:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Plots,plots and more plots,when are they going to start governing?.
Two months of their four years is already gone.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Demmocrats(m): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2015
What is it that all men wants POWER what is it that men with power wants MORE power and power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

APC have acquired power and still wants more power which might lead to there down fall.

I only have hope on my sai buhari, the others are just men with power and blindly searching for more.
www.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2015
wetin concern me

somebody should add petrol to them

let APC boil among themselves

any hand or group of hands that conspired for GEJ's failure

shall have no peace

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by JBismarck(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2015
@OP, your English no be here o. You have very vital news only to be mangled by your less-than-impressive expressions.

Back to the thread. I like the drama playing out at the SINate; let them fight themselves for the good of the masses.

Cc: Lalasticlala Ishilove Obinoscopy Mogidi please do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by ELTON123(m): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by modhream: 7:06am On Jul 26, 2015
ELTON123:
JBismarck:
Hmm
Taylor86:
t
Demmocrats:
What's with the booking of space you guys are doing?

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by orlaryhincah(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2015
modhream:
Plots and plots and more plots,when are they going to start governing?.
Two months of their four years is already gone.

Na land?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Dmouthed(m): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2015
This EFCC was not utilised during GEJ and this is the time. However, I can bet to nything that changing Saraku/Ekweremadu leadership is not possible!

The impeachment of a Northern Senate-P, who is the majority in d Senate? the North.

This fight is a personal interest and not a National interest.

Tinubu pls allow Nigeria to grow!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by JBismarck(m): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2015
modhream:

I don't book space for nothing.
Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by englishmart(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2015
they should all kill each other. Nigeria will be way better without them

12 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2015
The executive should not war with the legislative because it will be messy

Buhari and tinubu should just move on and focus on how to fulfill their campaign promises

*When two elephant fight the grass (Nigerians) suffers*

7 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2015
modhream:

if ur pain report us to the nearest police station

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by yrret: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2015
The egocetric battle has been on for months without getting the results of the winner.

If they like; they should turn our political arena to smackdown, raw, TNA or blood and sand. I don't care.

We are still waiting for the phony promises...

Next time; I'll vote for bouncers to win election. Make the fight for sweet.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by arabbunkum: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2015
Fighting for their pockets, forgetting the masses that voted them to power. Rogues.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by SirVjay(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Political jambory In Nigeria...Just Observing......#Sips Sk cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Oh lord let me not be as confuse as Apc.
I have said this before lemme say it again.

Apc is not a political party, its an amalgamation of political parties, so they can never agree,

I see CPC pulling out .

CLICK LIKE IF U BELIEVE APCHEAT IS A CONFUSED PARTY.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by WhatDoYouMean: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2015
We have entered a bus going to nowhere. May God deliver us from this nightmare

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by 2fine2fast(m): 9:24am On Jul 26, 2015
Good for them

Useless clowns

2 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Elslim: 9:24am On Jul 26, 2015
fingers ke
Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Anyi3(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2015
I don't care who rules the senate, if there's a case against his wife she should defend herself if she's clean not cry that she's being witch-hunted.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Helkayklassic(m): 9:25am On Jul 26, 2015
Is this what we will face for the next 4 years? issokay!

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by uncleinans(m): 9:28am On Jul 26, 2015
What's my own?
Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by araaolu(m): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2015
modhream:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/senate-leadership-crisis-worsens/
I am disturbed at the rate at which asiwaju bola tinubu is been mentioned for everything that goes wrong... What I dont understand is why it is called witch hunting when perceived corruption cases are been investigated yet we complained of been impoverish as a country. Who ever is been investigated is innocent until proven guilty. So what's the fuss? Abeg

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by macpetrus(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2015
hmmmmmm.... I don't even understand these people again... This fight is not going to end soon unless they accept the fact that PDP is better and more organized

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by tobtap: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2015
nn
Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by nairaman66(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2015
These people are no less than land grabbers. Can someone tell me which of the season is this? I have watched Power Tussle season 1 before..

2 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by prof17(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2015
APC Sarted with crisis and will end with crisis I pray

6 Likes

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by MSItachi: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Fingers... Hmmm
Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by kenedy175(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Which season be this?

This people are distracting this country. Instead of facing more pressing issues at hand, they prefer acting Drama in NASS.

All for there selfish intetests.

Where this BH guys? We need one bomb in NASS. Just one! Then we go hear word once more angry

1 Like

Re: Senate Leadership Crisis Worsens by Atlantian: 9:34am On Jul 26, 2015
May Allah Bombs detonate and consume all APC members. We had a humane, humble, educated and a visionary President, and these idiots with the gang up of their illiterate Amajiri voted a very silly old f00l to Aso Rock.

Allah bombs that will bomb you all, is doing press up.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP, ADC, SDP, 35 Parties Hold Alliance Talks To Oust Buhari / Buhari, APC, INEC Reject Atiku, PDP’s Move To Play Rigging Video In Court / Flood Ravages Parts Of Nasarawa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.