Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model (1361 Views)

Clicking/Ticking Noise From Front Driver Side Camry. / 2017 Honda CRV Is Here, What Do You Think About It? / My Car Makes A Squealing/whistling Sound When Ac Is Turned On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by abassarems: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2015
Please does anyone drives a Honda CRV and hears any whistling or squealing sound when making a left or right turn? What's d effect of this? And what's d solution? Help a brother.
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2015
abassarems:
Please does anyone drives a Honda CRV and hears any whistling or squealing sound when making a left or right turn? What's d effect of this? And what's d solution? Help a brother.

sometime if it is a sort of grinding noise from the back it would be your differential gearbox and you need is to change the oil, buy original honda oil 3 litres to be safe.

you drain the old oil and fill up with the new one (1 litre or untill its full ) then take it for drive 10 to 15 minutes

then drain and repeat as in the 1st procedure

then drain top up and thats it

so basically you flush twice

this procedure is for the noise from the rear differential

1 Like

Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by abassarems: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2015
Tanx bro, much appreciated
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by FlyboyZee: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
abassarems:
Where is the noise coming from? Is it from the tyres? The engine bay? The vehicle cabin? The back? Or from beneath the cabin?

Your question is so vague and you expect answers. Whistling or squealing sounds from the engine bay might imply loose or slacked belts or adjusters needing replacement of such belts or adjusters or simply by tensioning the belts if adjustable and sometimes by replacing the adjuster itself. From the tyres might imply worn out brake pads, so you may need to change the brake pads and so on. So please, when next you have an issue, try and be more explicit with your explanations and help would come faster...
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by boldx(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
check your power steering pump
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by DECOtech(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
abassarems:

Mayor, you didn't ask him where the noise is coming from. Though I'm not saying you are wrong.

Since he says it happens during turning, I strongly suspect his power steering pump belt is slack and needs replacement.

Op, please attend to that belt first and let's know if the problem persists.

Cheers.
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by timtom: 6:05am On Jun 25, 2015
Hello Guys, what can cause whistling (observed from the front wheels) whenever one is in traffic and I just changed the brake pad. The whistling stops when the brake is applied. This is an Honda Pilot.

Thanks guys
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by doroboss(m): 7:09am On Jun 25, 2015
timtom:
Hello Guys, what can cause whistling (observed from the front wheels) whenever one is in traffic and I just changed the brake pad. The whistling stops when the brake is applied. This is an Honda Pilot.

Thanks guys

abassarems:

A lot of things could cause noises, my suggestion is add more specific details ad recordings if not all we can do is guess.
Re: Whistling Noise From Honda CRV 2000 Model by DECOtech(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2015
timtom:

Thanks guys

Whistling in your front wheels can be caused by worn out brake pads or brake disks. In this case, whistling is observed each time the brakes are applied.

Whistling can also be caused by worn wheel bearings. The whistling in this case is continuous as long as the vehicle wheels are turning.

Lose brake calliper members cld protrude and rub on the brake disk as the wheels turn. In this case, the noise is heard mostly at very low speeds and sometimes fade away as vehicle speed increases.

Those are the three reasons for whistling in the front wheels of a vehicle. It now up to you and your mecho to determine which one of the isues you have on your hands.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion On Danfo Business / Please Help. My Toyota Camry 1996 Is Having High Starting / I Need A Good Car AC Technician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.