Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Why President Buhari Has Not Appointed His Ministers (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why President Buhari Has Not Appointed His Ministers (opinion) (631 Views)

Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / EFCC Ready To Probe Jonathan, His Ministers And Aides / Why President Buhari Refused To Appoint His Ministers (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why President Buhari Has Not Appointed His Ministers (opinion) by thunder74(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2015
This is my personal opinion and I may possibly be wrong but I arrived at this conclusion because of the events and the obvious crisis in APC.

APC was the amalgamation of smaller regional parties (CPC, ACN, ANPP, part of APGA and New PDP). Many of these parties have their loyal members who respect their local part leaders who were used to imposing candidates on their parties eg Tinubu in ACN, Buhari in CPC, Atiku/Saraki in New PDP and Okorocha in APGA.
Permit me to skip all that happened before, during and after the merger, registration, (s)election of their party leaders and candidates.

You will agree with me that it was not easy, some even thought APC will die then but they patched it, swept the crisis under the carpet and postponed the 'evil day'.

The same reasons that caused the delay or led to the crisis in APC during the s(election) of National Assembly leadership is what is causing the delay in the appointment of Ministers and other critical appointments in my opinion.

You will recall that APC conducted a mock election among themselves to elect the leadership of the Nass and yet they could not in one voice agree on sets of leaders. They are yet to recover.

Even the appointment of other Nass leaders is tearing them more and more. Assuming the appointment of NASS leadership is only an ACN affairs, we may not have the Senate president and House Speaker by now.

They will keep postponing and deceiving us with one reason or the other. Even on the inauguration day, about 51 APC senators-elect were absent to attend an unscheduled meeting with a president who was to inaugurate the Assembly. The reasons for the meeting? To agree on who to lead the NASS assembly on the inauguration morning. Very funny and very childish.

Up till now, we do not have the Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief of Staff. We have heard of different possible names from Onu, Amaechi, Fayemi etc, still Buhari could not make up his mind almost a month after inauguration. The only people he could exclusively appoint are his advisers which may not need any party inputs.

The same thing is playing out on who becomes Minister and what portfolio to assign to who.

Like I said in one of my posts here, APC is the congregation of rebels and power thirsty individuals who are not ready to submit or obey any superior authority (Atiku vs OBJ, Saraki vs his father, Tinubu almighty power of imposition in Southwest APC, Okorocha betrayer of APGA, Amaechi disrespecter of PDP that made him etc).

I know you are not expecting smooth sail of a plane/ship where you have too many powerful, greedy, ambitious and experienced pilots or sailors.
If we want ministers and critical appointments to be made, we may need to wait more and more until these men could swallow their ego and allow president Buhari to make or choose his team. But we warned him not to align with these men.

I am responsible for my opinions.
Bar 24/06/15.
Re: Why President Buhari Has Not Appointed His Ministers (opinion) by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:18am On Jun 24, 2015
I'll read later

(1) (Reply)

If I Were Him, I Would Have Resign. / EXCLUSIVE: SSS Fights Back, Accuses Buhari’s ADC Of Ignorance,overzealousness-pm / Chibok Girls: BBOG Marches To Presidency July 8- Oby Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.