Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st (6223 Views)

Poll: How do you feel about this motorbike ban?

I support the ban: 49% (32 votes)
I don't support the ban: 50% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? / Tinubu Ban Okada In Lagos And Repace With Napep.what Do U Think?me,yes U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by Lokoluv(f): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2006
am nt so sure dat their aim of combating crime cld be achieved by bannin okada. d roads are bad n nt all busses cn ply sm roads.d govt shld gt real n apply sm other measure grin its obvious dat they are nt even puttn d masses into consideratn angry angry angry na 2dy crime dey dis country abeggggggi they shld say smtng else
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by CrazyMan(m): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2006
Lokoluv:

am nt so sure that their aim of combating crime cld be achieved by bannin okada. d roads are bad n nt all busses cn ply sm roads.d govt shld gt real n apply sm other measure grin its obvious that they are nt even puttn d masses into consideratn angry angry angry na 2dy crime dey this country abeggggggi they shld say smtng else

tell them oh!!!
tell them
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by stillkay(m): 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2006
I wonder if most of ya all that supports the ban has seen what its like at the bus-stops whenever it rains.

You will pity people,anyways if at all you have conscience.

The whole town get messed up talkless of the outskirt.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by dblock(m): 4:31am On Sep 28, 2006
okadas are death traps(Except for the good ones), I don't think they should be ban now but immediately after the poverty level reaches a reasonable mark.
----------peace--------- cool
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by comechop(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2006
When Okadas first came, do you know how many bus and taxi drivers lost their jobs? Now okada pple will leave, there shld b more buses and taxis plying our roads that the okada pple can use. So yea, its like a cycle, goes round and round. But do u know how many MORE people have died, that shldnt have died becos of the carelessness of Okadas? Lets be honest with ourselves, i mean Okadas are kind of a necessary evil in a sense, but if you are a car driver, you know that they are just an increased road hazard becos they have no rules and are a god to themselves. That, my nairalanders is not acceptable.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by 2old4that(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2006
I don't really blame those opposing the ban,the problem is that people do not trust the government anymore,

bingo!

Even if it is a laudable policy people would always critisie simply because they want to talk, due to our believes that every govt. is a failed-government without taking a second thought about it.

Government took into consideration the aftermath effect of the banning on the riders hence it restricted them to some locations where they (okadas) could still carve a niche for themselves. Thaaaat is something to ponder upon.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by dblock(m): 5:16am On Sep 29, 2006
50/50 baby -------peace----------- cool
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by kodewrita(m): 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2006
why not simply hand guns to those guys and open our gates? why throw people out of work if you cannot provide other forms of employment. Now you 'll have so many people competing for so little fares in the satellite town area all because you want to make money for some people.

In a civilized environment, government should not be making the decisions as to who will be the market winner, let the consumers decide and let the bus operators provide service that makes them the consumers' choice.
Arrant nonsense.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by samson12: 4:13am On Oct 01, 2006
lol, 1das shall neva end, or what do you all think,
so funny a statement angry angry grin embarassed
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by Lokoluv(f): 1:45pm On Oct 01, 2006
anyways god help us all.amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sad
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by donjazzie(m): 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2006
who support the ban who nor support the ban na una sabi.the the point is the abuja chief technical officer(el-rufai)of abuja has enforced the ban.u wan try as okada take delete from abuja .LOL.men u go tire.see people jst dey freestyle for street.well all d igbomen wey dey wuse market dey sell shoe dey happy badaly cuz people don dey trek and there has been a reported upsurge in the sale of shoes.more thanks to elrufai
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by LoverBwoy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2006
kodewrita:

why not simply hand guns to those guys and open our gates? why throw people out of work if you cannot provide other forms of employment. Now you 'll have so many people competing for so little fares in the satellite town area all because you want to make money for some people.

In a civilized environment, government should not be making the decisions as to who will be the market winner, let the consumers decide and let the bus operators provide service that makes them the consumers' choice.
Arrant nonsense.

I don't think the decision is based on "market winner" or consumers' choice, it's more of a responsibilty on the part of the givernment to provide a safer and standard mode of transportation and a cleaner too, that's what im thinking ,i don't know who runs the bus business
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by Seun(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2006
I should probably become a politician. People are so gullible, I'll be swindling them and they'll be singing my praises!
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by LoverBwoy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2006
yes you might get that in Nigeria/africa
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by nnada(f): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2006
Banning okada should be considered first of all by looking around the environment, the people that is riding it, the weather and so on. Our weather sometimes becomes so harsh, those without cars and cannot take taxi's especially Abuja green cabs, cannot move about because there is no okada to move around.
am of the feeling that if you want to ban okada , you should provide all necessary means before you ban okada for the poor masses.
Our minister is trying but should consider the poor masses before all these banning, because these poor masses also woks for the rich, and they cannot afford a car.
Abuja is not meant for every body, but only meant for the rich, but the rich cannot live on their own, but also needs the help of poor to survive. They cannot shine their own shoes,they need nannies and so on.

Finally, all these making Abuja to look good is nice but should be considered when making a law. Long live Nigeria, and happy indepedence.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by obong(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2006
it's a good idea. especiall since its being done in phases. FCT has a bus system so residents do have options. these sorts of taxis are just too risky
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2006
Bus system? Is this bus system accesable to every part of Abuja? How frequently does this bus run?
It is a shame that they have banned the use of okada.
Does anyone in Abuja have any feedback pretaining to this topic?
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by dblock(m): 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2006
The banning is in the best interests of the nation like the three gorges dam in China it will affect a lot of people but I believe it will benefit more people than it misfavours

http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=10/03/2006&qrTitle=Obasanjo%20launches%20158%20FCT%20mass%20transit%20buses&qrColumn=BUSINESS
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by Eastcoast(f): 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2006
I see more disadvantages than advantages. Our leaders are too selfish. All they are thinking about is themselves. HOw will people get around efficiently?
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by abohrandy: 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2006
Guys see oh
It ist easy here in abj now
I stay in kubwa but go to school in wuse and imagine the stress to go to wuse everyday with the okada it used to be simple but not it is not funny. well the town looks neat but my problem is that they should make these their buses avilale at every small corner
AAlso i noticed that no mattr where u are going the fare is the same that is if u want to leave zone 5 to zone 2 u will pay same fare as some one from kubwa to wuse market. so they should try to adjust this factor too.
Most of the buses caim to b closing at 2 pm and that is when most people are going home so how do they go home.
maybe u guys don't knwo this one they are two types of the buses
Nationwide unity transport -the green one ( not the small Peugeot 307)- and Abuja Urban mass Transport Company the red one.
It is simple they should make them avaiable and not that al will be moving in on direction at one particular time.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by donjazzie(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2006
abohrandy:

Guys see oh
It ist easy here in abj now
I stay in kubwa but go to school in wuse and imagine the stress to go to wuse everyday with the okada it used to be simple but not it is not funny. well the town looks neat but my problem is that they should make these their buses avilale at every small corner
AAlso i noticed that no mattr where u are going the fare is the same that is if u want to leave zone 5 to zone 2 u will pay same fare as some one from kubwa to wuse market. so they should try to adjust this factor too.
Most of the buses caim to b closing at 2 pm and that is when most people are going home so how do they go home.
maybe u guys don't knwo this one they are two types of the buses
Nationwide unity transport -the green one ( not the small Peugeot 307)- and Abuja Urban mass Transport Company the red one.

oh noworry God dey jst look and the brighter side.lol
It is simple they should make them avaiable and not that al will be moving in on direction at one particular time.
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by abohrandy: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2006
Guy Forget God for this level oh
we dey for earth and he dey for he own side. embarassed
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by donjazzie(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2006
guy jst dey provoke.nor bi mi tell el-rufai make him bann okada oh.which levo.lol nor worry money wey u sppse dey use take bike u go jst use am buy more shoes atleast na d shoe go dey hear am pass
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by stillkay(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2006
Got back to town today and was suprised that shit was true angry undecided
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by donjazzie(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2006
stillkay:

Got back to town today and was suprised that shit was true angry undecided

wetin u don see.elrufai dey here dey clear people doubts
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by dblock(m): 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2006
The main reason why i think okadas are been phased out is because they are dangerous and they are a pathetic means of transport, From what i remmember the FG is striving to make Abuja the best it can be and it can't be if it doens't have a decent transportation system, the new buses have arrived and more are been scheduled to fill the gap i just wonder ifthey'l be affordable, surely there'll be lot of problems caused by the decision but i believe it's in the best interest of developmet of Abuja cool
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by stillkay(m): 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2006
Nevertheless,the act is still unfriendly
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by henryawe: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2006
i think it is absolutely a rubbish development. it is not to the interest of the majority of the populace. Imagine how the bus stops have been since the ban, imagine the number of auto crash we have had in the past few days, imagine the distance people trek everyday, imagine even the unavailabilty of the so called mass transit
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by donjazzie(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2006
jst one of those government policies.a'int notin one cud really do abt it
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by dblock(m): 4:47am On Oct 06, 2006
Okada shouldn't have been a means of transport in the first place it's a crap means of transport that benefits people beacuse it's cheap. A low standard of transportation such as the okada is a anticalatlyst for the growth of Abuja, people who feel affected should go elsewhere like the okada drivers are doing it will take a bit of pressure of Abuja less population angry
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by dblock(m): 4:48am On Oct 06, 2006
mennn i'm asking for it what a selfish remark and inconsiderate paragraph i just wrote so who will be te defendant
Re: FCT To Ban Okada Come October 1st by LoverBwoy(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2006
"People can cry much easier than they can change"--James Baldwin

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”--Darwin Charles

"to change is difficult,not to change is fatal"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Mercedes Benz Vs BMW X6 2015 (PICTURES) / CNG Cost 100 Naira, Full Tank Last 170 Kilometers (vid) / Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.