Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,325 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547906 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 4:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
A-town:

It makes his case better as he can claim he is going to improve his portfolio/productivity.

That makes a whole lotta sense right there, Im going to advise my dad today.
Thanks a lot smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2009
waow, few days away and thread is two-pages wiser,   shocked
@A-town
thanks for telling it as it really is without mincing words

gbemxy:

@ Nethacker

I'm going for another BSc
I have did TOEFL last weekend. I'm still looking for two more schools. wichita state uni require a $7000 deposit before the issuance of 1-20.

@gbemxy
cant make a decision for you, but i think strongly u shouldnt be going for undergraduate again after spending so many years as an undergraduate already. you can still follow your dream at the graduate level. check out the www.petersons.com already recommended and search for a graduate course related to your dream and not too far from your background. the ultimate choice lies with you

@femilangy and the spring train
wish you guys all the best, remember all the peices of advice on this thread and dont forget to keep it short and simple,  trust me, it aint that hard

@the seeker
for those asking questions about account statement, please note if is not an offence to have a sponsor different from your parents, same name or not. just make sure the sponsor letter is effusively sentimental and the balance covers your estimated tuition and living cost.

@platinumuk
am not sure about how placing a call to the embassy will affect weda or wedant a visa will be given. just present the case as it is, a graduate whose is working and wants to go for masters and he has got his uncle as sponsor. get the uncle (your father)'s statement of account and letter of support with other embassy required documents.
shikena wink

@dreamz701 and nethacker
your little dispute was as ridiculous as it was entertaining,  grin cheesy grin
good resolution,   tongue

dreamz701,
i fit testify about the guy at counter six
dont wanna scare people though, but if you can avoid the guy, please do.like i did(for abuja interviewees).
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2009
@Gongo Aso, your words, as always, are salty. Nice one. You're an asset to this thread! And, congratulations too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2009
Whao! This thread is turning to something else here o!

@ dreamzy

No one can take what God has given to somebody.  .  .  unless it is not the person's in the first place.

@Gongo aso

It was the guy in booth six that granted my brother his visa, so with God   .   . . !

All the best to the successful applicants and good luck to the ones awaiting good testimonies. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ObamaUS: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2009
Helloguys,pls i have been trying to book an appointment for HOLIDAY VISA with the US EMBASSY but all to no avail, it always shows there is no available date, pls can anyone help?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2009
whose turn is it this week to get his/her own F-1 US visa, waiting
NEXT==>>> grin

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2009
@Nethacker, I lost your IM, can you please IM when you have a chance?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2009
I just arrived washington and my baggage cant be found. I used united air, mehn I just tire
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2009
smile4kenn:

I just arrived washington and my baggage cant be found. I used united air, mehn I just tire
R u going to washington to school or visiting?did u take off from 9ja?if so,this is dramatic!!! hv u reported d case?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2009
I arrived washington for visiting, I already reported the case, they said I should drop an address and the bag will be mailed to me when found, I hope that will be possible.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2009
HI pple,
i've been following the thread from the beginning and even though technically i'm not eligible to post here(i'm still serving and i hvnt written GRE) but i wanted to ask you guys some stuff
1. how do you tell a good school?are state schools as good as federal schools?
2. Does having a 2.2 mean you shldnt bother applying to them schools that ask for a 3.0 out of a 4.0?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
Pls if anyone whose sponsor is not his/hr parents has been issued a visa, the person should post it on here to encourage those that are not been sponsored by their parent. This usually raises aa red flag.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ObamaUS: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
@afam4eva, my friend was issued US student visa some 2months ago in abuja, he is doing Master in public health in Alabama and he used his brother as sponsor, he told the consular officer that his sponsor was the broda and that he chose the skool because it's affordable to his sponsor,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 4:09am On Aug 13, 2009
echemichael:

Greetings pple,
my interview is on monday 7hrs.
Please do remember me in your thoughts and prayers.
I will post my experience when I get home after the interview.
Though I have the confidence that the interview will be successful.
Till then,cheers.
When you sit in front of the consular, you're not going to speak at all. God will speak to him through your mouth. Is the consular greater than God? Keep your mind on Him that He won't fail you, everything will just fall into place in no time. Overall, be very confident! Come back with the good news.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2009
echemichael:

Greetings pple,
Till then,cheers.
In d name of JESUS!!!! ur expections will be met.Everything will work in your favour
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2009
ObamaUS:

@afam4eva, my friend was issued US student visa some 2months ago in abuja, he is doing Master in public health in Alabama and he used his brother as sponsor, he told the consular officer that his sponsor was the broda and that he chose the skool because it's affordable to his sponsor,

My problem is that i'm being sponsored by my uncle. Unfortunately we don't bear the same surname cos he's my maternal uncle.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2009
afam4eva:

My problem is that i'm being sponsored by my uncle. Unfortunately we don't bear the same surname cos he's my maternal uncle.
this is a redflag ooo shocked but above all,there nothing God can not do if u believe.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2009
echemichael:

Greetings pple,
Till then,cheers.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley . . . . . . . .Guy go for your interview nothing dey happen jare,u just dey bother urself.

afam4eva:

@ Afam,when u wan go for this ur interview?they might not even raise any issue about all ur worries. . . . .GUY go for ur interview nothing dey happen

nethacker:

this is a redflag ooo shocked but above all,there nothing God can not do if u believe.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . . . . . . . . .how far with ur admission?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2009
@femilangy,
I dey wait oooooo but it will land nxt week sha grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2009
kk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2009
wems002:

Hello Nairalanders,
I have been reading this thread for 2 days and i decided to join i never knew this place is so informative, my case was just like Afams but i missed my interview for August 3rd and i have re schedule another one and also deferred my admission to the spring semester 2010 but i was advised by the director of international programs to start online schooling for the fall semester which i have enrolled in. My questions are:
1. is this going to boost my chases of a visa
2. i am planning on taking my dad as my sponsor
3. my mum filed for me and i dont want to claim that  she did
please i need help
Better focus on the spring 2010 semester and u should knw that u can't appear @ d embassy until 120 to 30 days before d program start date.
Secondly,taking your dad/mum as sponsor is d best(as far as they r concern) so long as u can defend and/or justify their earnings with concrete evidence n this will improve ur chances.
Concerning the application ur mum filed for u,hmmmm,  I hv no idea of wat d consequence of telling them ur mum filed for u will be. But I strongly believe dat with God on your side,no matter wat,telling them ur mum filed for u or not, u will be GRANTED visa

This is my 5cents.My Word u have , I hv spoken
Book of days
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2009
netotse:

HI pple,
i've been following the thread from the beginning and even though technically i'm not eligible to post here(i'm still serving and i hvnt written GRE) but i wanted to ask you guys some stuff
1. how do you tell a good school?are state schools as good as federal schools?
2. Does having a 2.2 mean you shldnt bother applying to them schools that ask for a 3.0 out of a 4.0?

y'all should anwer the questions. . .abeg now!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2009
netotse:

y'all should anwer the questions. . .abeg now!
My brother,i know the situation of the country placed u the side of those who played a draw with their sch but nonetheless,irrespective of ur CGPA,u can be admitted.it all depends on ur bargaining power.
As far as i'm concern,almost all schs-if nt all schs- in the US give good and quality education.Is just that some schools r overpriced owing to their historical background as either a sch where Isaac newton finished from or some stuffs.
My brother,get a state sch that offer partial scholarship to int'l students.Mail admission counsellors , tell them ur situation then from there tackle it.
Just my opinion
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2009
nethacker:

My brother,i know the situation of the country placed u the side of those who played a draw with their sch but nonetheless,irrespective of ur CGPA,u can be admitted.it all depends on ur bargaining power.
As far as i'm concern,almost all schs-if nt all schs- in the US give good and quality education.Is just that some schools r overpriced owing to their historical background as either a sch where Isaac newton finished from or some stuffs.
My brother,get a state sch that offer partial scholarship to int'l students.Mail admission counsellors , tell them ur situation then from there tackle it.
Just my opinion

is it cos of the partial scholarship you said state schools?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2009
netotse:

is it cos of the partial scholarship you said state schools?
Nope.All schools make provision for scholarships for its students but in most cases, int'l students r not eligible for scholarship. goto www.50states.com/college .check out schools by states,view their website ,get contacts,make enquiries by mailing them.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2009
wems002:

Hello Nairalanders,
I have been reading this thread for 2 days and i decided to join i never knew this place is so informative, my case was just like Afams but i missed my interview for August 3rd and i have re schedule another one and also deferred my admission to the spring semester 2010 but i was advised by the director of international programs to start online schooling for the fall semester which i have enrolled in. My questions are:
1. is this going to boost my chases of a visa
2. i am planning on taking my dad as my sponsor
3. my mum filed for me and i dont want to claim that  she did

please i need help

I have to be frank with u i think ur moms filing will affect ur application.cant u wait for the whole filing process to materialise?IMO though.

With my little expereince with this US visa tin,if you have someone file for u ,dont even dare go near the embassy till the whole filing process comes thru 'else they will keep bouncing u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2009
kk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ wemms

If ur mom has filed for u trust me ,it wont take 10sec for the consular to pull up ur info. . . . .this is all database issue ,all he needs do is type ur name on his computer and .GBAM it brings out ur info.

Anyway try ur luck but make sure u let us know how it goes.All the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ femilangy
men lets chat on messenger my id is wems002@yahoo.co.uk if anybody in the house wants to add me also ur free to and femilangy the only way to see your infos is via a reciept number the process is going to be done in 1 year and 5 months i just check the processing time now , bruf lets educate our self on this would be waiting for ur request or post ur im also.

@ house
still waiting for a good ocntribution , i beg ooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2009
@ femilangy
i am waiting for you on IM, please come on line and lets talk about this issue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
wems002:

@ femilangy
i am waiting for you on IM, please come on line and lets talk about this issue

Okay, i initially decided to just keep reading and stop posting but i think i will change that one last time.
The greatest offence you can commit at the embassy is to LIE. They want you to LIE so that they can use it as an excuse to deny you.
There is a reason, they ask if someone is/has filed an immigrant petition on your behalf. IT shows that you are an INTENDING IMMIGRANT and you F-1 application is just a fast way out.
Do you know the reason they decided to make people fill the DS form online now? It's because the BAR-CODE is easy for them to scan in order to input your data onto their computer/screen. They have software that matches names with that on USCIS database. It only takes a couple of seconds to get a match. Usually there is no match because a lot of people didn't file with the USCIS.
Your friend that didn't get caught may have been lucky.
The 2-day wait that they use for your visa is not just 2days for printing paper.
If you are lucky, they won't find out. IF they do, they won't let you into the U.S for another 10yrs. They'll just keep bouncing you cos you lied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.