Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,815 members, 7,841,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547073 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbemxy(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ A-Town

I actually wanted to study Electrical Engineering in the first place which has been my dream course. Because if you know much about UNILORIN, it's rare to get the course you really wanted.
I have already applied to University of Texas at El Paso ( cos i have a cousin there), North Kentucky University and Wichita state university. I have already done SAT with a good score.
I really don't know how to send my transcripts to these evaluation bodies.
Meanwhile, Wichita did not request neither an affidavit of support nor a bank statement from international applicants. Besides that, i think the school has a problem with Nigerian Applicants. I hope there is no going to be a problem at last.
But i still need 2more schools( good standard especially in Engineering, not too expensive and closeness to Texas)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

Thanks a lot. I'm actually asking for a very close friend. He's got about #1.2M in his account, and still has a business that can fetch him between #100K-#200K monthly. However, I don't think he has any sponsor. But if it's mandatory he provides a sponsor, will it make any difference if his last name is different from the sponsor's? The school he's attending is about $3,000 per semester. @Nethacker & all, what's your view on this?
hmmmm if I hear u right ,did u just say $3,000/mth  shocked which school and wat level? Well if sponsor's name differs from his,that's no.1 red-flag.If he can prove to the consular officer beyond reasonable doubts that his business is legitimate and its returns will be sufficient enough for him to support himself in US,the consular MIGHT consider granting visa but if there are no substantial documents to back up such claims, well at dat junction,only the DIVINE intervention of His Royal Majesty can get da visa out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2009
gbemxy:

@ A-Town

I actually wanted to study Electrical Engineering in the first place which has been my dream course. Because if you know much about UNILORIN, it's rare to get the course you really wanted.
I have already applied to University of Texas at El Paso ( cos i have a cousin there), North Kentucky University and Wichita state university. I have already done SAT with a good score.
Meanwhile, Wichita did not request neither an affidavit of support nor a bank statement from international applicants. Besides that, i think the school has a problem with Nigerian Applicants. I hope there is no going to be a problem at last.
But i still need 2more schools( good standard especially in Engineering, not too expensive and closeness to Texas)
@^, my guy we r in the same train.I applied to Northern Arizona University-Electrical engineering too.Did you take the toefl test?r u going as a freshman or transfer applicant or master's?Apply for ur transcripts in school,make copies and get it certified by the dean of engineering.Send to them and wait for response.well in my own case,fotocopies were accepted from me since they recognise YabaTech and I have been talking to and chatting with my own admission counsellor who is guiding me through the steps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
nethacker:

hmmmm if I hear u right ,did u just say $3,000/mth  shocked which school and wat level? Well if sponsor's name differs from his,that's no.1 red-flag.If he can prove to the consular officer beyond reasonable doubts that his business is legitimate and its returns will be sufficient enough for him to support himself in US,the consular MIGHT consider granting visa but if there are no substantial documents to back up such claims, well at dat junction,only the DIVINE intervention of His Royal Majesty can get da visa out.
Yes, $3000 per semester not per month. So you're saying, the last name on the account statement must correspond with his -- I get that. Should the bank statement necessarily demonstrate a steady flow of cash monthly? Or should it matter more that it'd have a specific and reasonable amount of cash?

On a second thought, I'm thinking, if he opens another account in his father's name and puts all the money in there and have a total of between #1.2M to #1.5M, does he stand a good chance? Will it not bother them that the account is somewhat new?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, $3000 per semester not per month. So you're saying, the last name on the account statement must correspond with his -- I get that. Should the bank statement necessarily demonstrate a steady flow of cash monthly? Or should it matter more that it'd have a specific and reasonable amount of cash?

On a second thought, I'm thinking, if he opens another account in his father's name and puts all the money in there and have a total of between #1.2M to #1.5M, does he stand a good chance? Will it not bother them that the account is somewhat new?

Don't 4get that the account must have been operated for at least 6mth unless him wan runs am(it gells most times sha).for studies,believe me , u stand a good chance if u have like #6MM . 1.5M is just like $10,000, think abt it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbemxy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ Nethacker

I'm going for another BSc
I have did TOEFL last weekend. I'm still looking for two more schools. wichita state uni require a $7000 deposit before the issuance of 1-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
nethacker:

Don't 4get that the account must have been operated for at least 6mth unless him wan runs am(it gells most times sha).for studies,believe me , u stand a good chance if u have like #6MM . 1.5M is just like $10,000, think abt it
Ok, if an account in his father's name is worth $10,000.00, can he combine a statement of account worth $20,000.00 from another sponsor of different last name with his and still stand a good chance? BTW, how do you mean runs am? Do you mean in terms of having a deal with the back to backdate the time the account was opened? Or . . . ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2009
gbemxy:

@ Nethacker

I'm going for another BSc
I have did TOEFL last weekend. I'm still looking for two more schools. wichita state uni require a $7000 deposit before the issuance of 1-20.

y not choose northern arizona university or oklahoma state university or SUNYInstitue of technology newyork?
must u stay in Texas?Enter first then u go apply for a change of school, u no be efiwe ni?if u sabi book well make i no talk, lets hook up on YIM and chat, val2rhyme@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

Ok, if an account in his father's name is worth $10,000.00, can he combine a statement of account worth $20,000.00 from another sponsor of different last name with his and still stand a good chance? BTW, how do you mean runs am? Do you mean in terms of having a deal with the back to backdate the time the account was opened? Or . . . ?
Runs am withsome bank guyz .To dat ur question,i no knw oo but embassy hardly believes pple presenting sponsor's documents.But mum or dad's,u r safe.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
nethacker:

Runs am withsome bank guyz .To dat ur question,i no knw oo but embassy hardly believes pple presenting sponsor's documents.But mum or dad's,u r safe.
What exactly do I tell him to do with the bank guys? Have an account statement with such balance as his sponsor? In Nigeria, is it possible that you change the name on your account at some point? If he runs it with the bank guys, won't the difference in the last name call for some kind of disbelief from the consular, if getting a bank account statement in someone else's name is what you meant?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

What exactly do I tell him to do with the bank guys? Have an account statement with such balance as his sponsor? In Nigeria, is it possible that you change the name on your account at some point? If he runs it with the bank guys, won't the difference in the last name call for some kind of disbelief from the consular, if getting a bank account statement in someone else's name is what you meant?
Lets talk on yahoo, meet me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com we can talk better
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
nethacker:

Lets talk on yahoo, meet me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com we can talk better

I've been trying to message you but got no response. My YIM ends with ****424
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

I've been trying to message you but got no response. My YIM ends with ****424
WATS URS?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2009
nethacker:

WATS URS?
Please, if you don't mind, I don't want to give it out on here but can you click the Yahoo messenger icon on my NL username on the left side and you'll get right at me? I'm online now. Many thanks bruv.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Dreamz701
My guy I really thank God for you.It was really a miracle.You have to be thankful to the almighty.
I have a similar issue with you.I left school earlier than you 2001.What did you tell the consular you have been doing since 2002 and what do you think I should rap him/her.I really need the info to boast my strength.
Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
@House,
I've thought about something and I really want to help my friend get over here. I want to use my dad's business papers -- I have his tax clearance papers but not his bank account statements. I want to issue a letter in my father's name and state that I'll sponsor him to the States. I want to represent my father in the letter as my friend's maternal uncle. So, I'm planning on contacting the embassy to impersonate my dad and have them be in the know that I'm(my father, his uncle) sponsoring his studies. If my friend goes to the embassy with these documents, I know it'll be pulled up -- my question is, will they contact him(my father) from the embassy?
My dad's a citizen too. Do you think this will help in facilitating his visa approval?

Also, my friend is really coming here to study not get here for something else; and he can afford to pay his tuition fees and with some help from me with where and who I'll hook him up with to do some work on the side. Please, I need serious responses to this. He also explained to me that there's a little error in his birth year on his GCE result, what can he do? Can he get the court to issue an affidavit in this regard? Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 07, 2009
TheSeeker:

@House,
I've thought about something and I really want to help my friend get over here. I want to use my dad's business papers -- I have his tax clearance papers but not his bank account statements. I want to issue a letter in my father's name and state that I'll sponsor him to the States. I want to represent my father in the letter as my friend's maternal uncle. So, I'm planning on contacting the embassy to impersonate my dad and have them be in the know that I'm(my father, his uncle) sponsoring his studies. If my friend goes to the embassy with these documents, I know it'll be pulled up -- my question is, will they contact him(my father) from the embassy?
My dad's a citizen too. Do you think this will help in facilitating his visa approval?

Also, my friend is really coming here to study not get here for something else; and he can afford to pay his tuition fees and with some help from me with where and who I'll hook him up with to do some work on the side. Please, I need serious responses to this. He also explained to me that there's a little error in his birth year on his GCE result, what can he do? Can he get the court to issue an affidavit in this regard? Thank you.

Firstly, what you are insinuating is fraud. This thread only encourages genuine applicants.
Obviously you people don't listen well enough.
99% of people who are refused visas are not genuine applicants.
Let me ask you this : If you were the consular in this case, would you issue a visa to your friend?
To be frank, if i were the consular, i wouldn't because there are too many things that appear too shady.
Under normal circumstances, a person is allowed to sponsor him/herself but this is NIGERIA.
If you claim you want to sponsor yourself, they'll need to know that you have ties back home. WHY WOULD HE WANT TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA TO A BUSINESS THAT YIELDS ONLY 100-200,000 per month? This is what will be on the consules mind.
Also, what will it benefit your father to sponsor him? Does your father have a company in Nigeria that the guy intends to come back and use the knowledge for?
I won't lie to you, the only thing that'll let him get the visa is the grace of God because it just doesn't look good.
Anyway, what you intend to do is illegal. Don't do it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 07, 2009
gbemxy:

@ A-Town

If you need school info just go to www.petersons.com. You can search using various citeria like state,major, school size etc.
As far as i know, only a few schools require you to send your transcripts to evaluation agencies. Most of them do the evaluation themselves. The only time most people use evaluation agencies is if the schools don't give them enough credit for the work they've already done.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 2:18am On Aug 07, 2009
A-town:

Firstly, what you are insinuating is fraud. This thread only encourages genuine applicants.
Obviously you people don't listen well enough.
99% of people who are refused visas are not genuine applicants.
Let me ask you this : If you were the consular in this case, would you issue a visa to your friend?
To be frank, if i were the consular, i wouldn't because there are too many things that appear too shady.
Under normal circumstances, a person is allowed to sponsor him/herself but this is NIGERIA.
If you claim you want to sponsor yourself, they'll need to know that you have ties back home. WHY WOULD HE WANT TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA TO A BUSINESS THAT YIELDS ONLY 100-200,000 per month? This is what will be on the consules mind.
Also, what will it benefit your father to sponsor him? Does your father have a company in Nigeria that the guy intends to come back and use the knowledge for?
I won't lie to you, the only thing that'll let him get the visa is the grace of God because it just doesn't look good.
Anyway, what you intend to do is illegal. Don't do it.
Ok, got it. So what do you suggest? That he gets a sponsor from Nigeria? I know that claiming he wants to sponsor himself to the embassy might not sound very good for his approval. In this case, what do you suggest he can do? But, he's coming to the United States to genuinely study but the problem that he's facing right now - I think - is having an account statement that looks good enough to be able to sponsor him. Please all, what can he do?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by damnlure: 4:51am On Aug 07, 2009
i had a 3rd class from d University of Ilorin,i did law,i want to study 4 my PG in U.S
bbut i am scared if the embassy will not use the result as a yardstick in determining my fate.am in need of dire help
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 5:14am On Aug 07, 2009
damn_lure:

i had a 3rd class from d University of Ilorin,i did law,i want to study 4 my PG in U.S
bbut i am scared if the embassy will not use the result as a yardstick in determining my fate.am in need of dire help
No, I don't think it matters long as you've been offered admission and you can demonstrate you have enough funds to cover your studies, you'll do just fine.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2009
@Theseeker

The only thing i think he can do is to just go to the embassy and see if he'll get the visa.
I am not even a consular officer and i doubt his authenticity despite your affirmations. It's just the way i see it.
Like Femilangy earlier said somewhere in this thread,
always put your self in the position of the officer. Would i give myself a visa.

I mean, the first question that will most likely pop to mind is, why do you want to leave your business to go study in the US.
Is your business crashing. Are you trying to run away or something.
I mean this is the classic case of "The consular didn't interview me, he just took my papers and said i wasn't qualified"
Trust me, in this scenario, the consular does not even need to ask questions before making a decision. I am just being frank here.

The only genuine alternative that i see is if he's going for a research based graduate program where he's being offered some form of stipend or waiver. But to tell the consular that you have the funds and you want to go sponsor yourself. BIG ASS RED FLAG.

P.S

Even people who's parents own multimillion dollar companies in Nigeria choose to stay back in the US after school. They'll need to see EXACTLY WHY YOU WILL RETURN HOME.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2009
A Town

Thanks for the peterson site you put up yesterday,it has saved my friends life lol, As he's been looking for Msc in a business course which apparently is hard to get in US schools,they all seem to only offer MBA's but the perterson site has been useful. Thanks wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
A-town:

@Theseeker

The only thing i think he can do is to just go to the embassy and see if he'll get the visa.
I am not even a consular officer and i doubt his authenticity despite your affirmations. It's just the way i see it.
Like Femilangy earlier said somewhere in this thread,
always put your self in the position of the officer. Would i give myself a visa.

I mean, the first question that will most likely pop to mind is, why do you want to leave your business to go study in the US.
Is your business crashing. Are you trying to run away or something.
I mean this is the classic case of "The consular didn't interview me, he just took my papers and said i wasn't qualified"
Trust me, in this scenario, the consular does not even need to ask questions before making a decision. I am just being frank here.

The only genuine alternative that i see is if he's going for a research based graduate program where he's being offered some form of stipend or waiver. But to tell the consular that you have the funds and you want to go sponsor yourself. BIG ASS RED FLAG.

P.S

Even people who's parents own multimillion dollar companies in Nigeria choose to stay back in the US after school. They'll need to see EXACTLY WHY YOU WILL RETURN HOME.
Ok, makes sense. So, he has to expunge the notion that he's sponsoring himself and basically need a sponsor, right? If he gets a sponsor that has a different last name (e.g., his maternal uncle) will he stand a better chance that claiming to sponsor himself? Will he mandatorily need to have an account statement with his last name even if his uncle's account has more than enough to sponsor him? And no, he's not going for a graduate course. He is as a freshman undergraduate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
TheSeeker:

Ok, makes sense. So, he has to expunge the notion that he's sponsoring himself and basically need a sponsor, right? If he gets a sponsor that has a different last name (e.g., his maternal uncle) will he stand a better chance that claiming to sponsor himself? Will he mandatorily need to have an account statement with his last name even if his uncle's account has more than enough to sponsor him? And no, he's not going for a graduate course. He is as a freshman undergraduate.

Men i don't know what to say again. It keeps going downwards. Undergrad? Is your friend under 23yrs of age?
I won't lie to you it doesn't look too good.
One thing i'd like to emphasize is that although funds matter, it is really not a big issue. There have been cases of people with less than 900,000 in their accounts but with enough proof that they have sources of income to supplement it. i.e well run account blah blah blah.
Even if his uncle has 9 billion naira in his account, the counsular wants to know why that person has chosen to sponsor you and not the person's child. It's left for you to figure out how you can prove it.

Funny thing is that your guy may go to the embassy and they may not even query him. We're just trying to knock out all the possibilities here.

In case you are not aware, the success rate for undergraduates is way lower than those going for graduate studies.
Main reason : 60% of potential undergrad applicants are above the age of 24yrs.
Although it has happened, i am yet to hear of a 16-17yr old whose sponsors are the parents that has been denied a student visa for undergrad.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
A-town:

Men i don't know what to say again. It keeps going downwards. Undergrad? Is your friend under 23yrs of age?
One thing i'd like to emphasize is that although funds matter, it is really not a big issue. There have been cases of people with less than 900,000 in their accounts but with enough proof that they have sources of income to supplement it. i.e well run account blah blah blah.
Even if his uncle has 9 billion naira in his account, the counsular wants to know why that person has chosen to sponsor you and not the person's child. It's left for you to figure out how you can prove it.

Funny thing is that your guy may go to the embassy and they may not even query him. We're just trying to knock out all the possibilities here.

In case you are not aware, the success rate for undergraduates is way lower than those going for graduate studies.
Although it has happened, i am yet to hear of a 16-17yr old whose sponsors are the parents that has been denied a student visa for undergrad.
Ok. I'll simply be in touch with the embassy and let them know how I intend to sponsor and subsequently pay for his studies -- just maybe they might have a few tips for me to help him. I think if I carefully make my point to them with all honesty and he buttresses it when he appears at the embassy, he'd do just fine, I believe. And like most people have said on here, every other thing else lies in God's favor for everyone; I want to count on God's favor for him. But many thanks for the advice. If I have further questions at all, I sure will hit you guys up here. In the meantime, let's hear some more success stories.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
A-town:

@A-town, age doesnt matter if u can sweet talk them into seeing things from ur angle.A friend of mine(very close) just got his and will be leaving this coming wednesday to Arizona.he was born 1982.I think ur parlance will talk more abt ur intentions to the states.Above all.Na GOD
MyWord u have .I have spoken
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
hey A-Town,
Ive been reading you and theseekers replies

My dad wants to sponsor my cousin for a masters program. All of my siblings are here (and citizens) so there is no worrying about "why my dad doesnt sponsor his own child"  He owns a business and makes enough to pay for his school fees. What steps do my dad take?

Who does he need to call? Or does he even need to call at all?

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
platinumnk:

hey A-Town,
Ive been reading you and theseekers replies

My dad wants to sponsor my cousin for a masters program. All of my siblings are here (and citizens) so there is no worrying about "why my dad doesnt sponsor his own child"  He owns a business and makes enough to pay for his school fees. What steps do my dad take?

Who does he need to call? Or does he even need to call at all?

Thanks

Unless you are filing for an intended immigrant or your fiancee, a call to the embassy "carries" no water.
It is left for your cousin to prove to them that he'll return to Nigeria. Mentioning that all your Dad's kids are in the states may not help his case. So i would stay mum on that unless asked by the consular.
Just follow all the steps people have been suggesting out here.

Just so you know, the embassy officials are aware that Nigerians use uncles and aunts that are citizens abroad as sponsors just to get the visa.
Do you guys have the same last name.
The thing you still have to figure out is "Why your uncle, his dad, wants to sponsor him" The embassy would want to know that. They would also want to know what he has in Nigeria that will make him come back.

All these points that i am raising should normally not be an issue but they have to "sit" on it otherwise everyone would be granted a visa.
If you apply from a developed nation, you could even use your enemy as your sponsor and they'd probably issue the visa.

The deciding factor people ignore is "Have you proved to the consulate that you will return. What do you have in Nigeria that will make you return"
Between you and the consular, he/she knows you won't return "immediately after your studies (99.99999% of Nigerians don't return). Don't ask me how i know.
How you prove to the consular that you will return is up to you.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
A-town:

Unless you are filing for an intended immigrant or your fiancee, a call to the embassy "carries" no water.
It is left for your cousin to prove to them that he'll return to Nigeria. Mentioning that all your Dad's kids are in the states may not help his case. So i would stay mum on that unless asked by the consular.
Just follow all the steps people have been suggesting out here.

Just so you know, the embassy officials are aware that Nigerians use uncles and aunts that are citizens abroad as sponsors just to get the visa.
Do you guys have the same last name.
The thing you still have to figure out is "Why your uncle, his dad, wants to sponsor him" The embassy would want to know that. They would also want to know what he has in Nigeria that will make him come back.

All these points that i am raising should normally not be an issue but they have to "sit" on it otherwise everyone would be granted a visa.
If you apply from a developed nation, you could even use your enemy as your sponsor and they'd probably issue the visa.

The deciding factor people ignore is "Have you proved to the consulate that you will return. What do you have in Nigeria that will make you return"
Between you and the consular, he/she knows you won't return "immediately after your studies (99.99999% of Nigerians don't return). Don't ask me how i know.
How you prove to the consular that you will return is up to you.
TheSeeker this will be relevant to u in my own opinion
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2009
Atown, thanks, I never knew it would be this hard o shocked

No he doesnt have the same last name, its my aunts 1st son.
He finished his studies and hes working in pH but he wanted to do a masters program here,
and my dad wanted to help him.

So saying the school had the needs for him would be a resonable answer?

My friend came over last year and she didnt have the same last name as her aunt, who she was staying with.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2009
platinumnk:

Atown, thanks, I never knew it would be this hard o shocked

No he doesnt have the same last name, its my aunts 1st son.
He finished his studies and hes working here, but he wanted to do a masters program,
and my dad wanted to help him.

So saying the school had the needs for him would be a resonable answer?

My friend came over last year and she didnt have the same last name as her aunt, who she was staying with.

I'd advise you to tell him to study hard and get admission into a research program that will give him funding. They like to see that grad students have some form of funding.
It's really not that hard. It's just that EVERYBODY in nigeria wants to leave the country so they have to cut down on visa applications using stringent means.
No two situations are the same.
I'll give you a scenario.
Imagine if i am 27yrs old and i am going for my Undergraduate studies. Ideally you'd expect me to be out of luck with the embassy abi?
Well what if my father works for Exxonmobil and he also owns a consulting company in the upstream sector. Lets say my intended major is Petroleum engineering. Trust me, they won't even ask you any question and you'll get your visa.
They can't deny everyone. Even fake applicants get through sometimes. The fact that there are red flags doesn't mean an outright denial.

You didn't give the full gist before na. Since he's working, he better go for a course that has something to do with his degree and line of work.
It makes his case better as he can claim he is going to improve his portfolio/productivity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.