Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546083 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2010
pocketndry:

Make sure you will get scholarship 'cos you will be disappointed with those your friends/family members financially as they struggle with their bill. You even pay for looking in the US monthly.

You know say when you they tell ignorant person something him go feel say him know everything abi maybe na E channel wey we dey watch na him dey deceive us abi na the picture wey we dey see for television na him dey worry us, People are still deceived on the reality of the united states ,  if you dont have your complete tuition fee from Nigeria dont bother coming except u have made up ur mind to come and hussle,  leave what uncles and aunties are telling you leave what your friends are telling you and make sure you have yourself sorted out , 

Scholarships lwkmd i once met a Ghanian in Canada he was in the university of mannitoba and he was on scholarship studying something in engineering i think it was half scholarship or soo am not really sure,  and i asked him what are the chances of a person getting scholarships he said his was from Ghana, am not saying its impossible to get but for those who eventually get lucky u, 

ojap and the rest should come and explain what is happening to them in America and advice people coming on what n what they must have, if  you have your money please come if you dont have your tuition and you are hoping to get assistance from friends and family  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed you would be disappointed infact if care is not taking suicidal, come prepared who never come no go know i remember the 1st time i was in england after ma friend promised me heaven on earth i went and my 1st day in england i slept on the cold bare floor and the next day my neck don break finish i was like WTF infact ma friend himself dey squote  that was a long time anyways since that day i realized that all that glitters aint gold, congrats on those that have collected there study visa and i wish prospective applicants all tha best

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwonder: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
[/code#5504 on: Today at 05:50:22 PM ][quote][/quote]People are still deceived on the reality of the united states ,  if you dont have your complete tuition fee from Nigeria dont bother coming except u have made up your mind to come and hussle,  leave what uncles and aunties are telling you leave what your friends are telling you and make sure you have yourself sorted out 

Some hard truth,but we nigerians are everly optimistic,believing that if we can 'survive' in nigeria we can survive anywhere,which is a goo d thing grin grin grin.But seriously if you don't have enough tuition then at least have enough money to get a car because 'hustling' in the u.s is another thing entirely.I guess the point is to be psychologicaly prepared!!Afterall,completing a degree in the u.s is to great advantage,but to lose your status and not complete your study will remind someone of kunta kente grin.
e go better!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwonder: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2010
People are still deceived on the reality of the united states ,  if you dont have your complete tuition fee from Nigeria dont bother coming except u have made up your mind to come and hussle,  leave what uncles and aunties are telling you leave what your friends are telling you and make sure you have yourself sorted out

Some hard truth,but we nigerians are everly optimistic,believing that if we can 'survive' in nigeria we can survive anywhere,which is a goo d thing   grin grin grin.But seriously if you don't have enough tuition then at least have enough money to get a car because 'hustling' in the u.s is another thing entirely.I guess the point is to be psychologicaly prepared!!Afterall,completing a degree in the u.s is to great advantage,but to lose your status and not complete your study will remind someone of kunta kente  grin.
e go better!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2010
I don't think anyone on this thread is expecting a bed of roses in america but i can bet the 80 - 90 percent of you who are already there and professing this doom and gloom never had your fees when u left.
Instead of discouraging people, I believe there are more constructive way of explaining things even though we all agree that they are not pleasant.
Don't also forget that you are not the only ones in america.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2010
@Benom
Nobody is discouraging you from coming to the US we are only preparing you on how to come to the US, We are only advising you on what to expect in the US oga benom some of us done finish our masters way back 2007 ,  you need to be prepared so you dont come expecting A and u see Z,   even if people advising you didn't come with there tuition fees and they take out time to advise you on what they feel you should know you should be grate full, 
i know i am not the only 1 who have visited america but and i hope more Nigerians are giving the chance to come and better there lives here but you should also know the bitter truth except your intentions is to come and hussle, but if u wanna go to school and you successfully deceived the EO that you gat 30million and you are issued a visa with the intention to come and hussle for your tuition fee in america   embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Like justwonder said you would end up loosing both and you dont want your enemies in that situation soo prepare yourself, the reason i started advising pple is because recently a very good friend of mine just got into US on student visa and couldn't complete his registration immediately the session started the school mailed immigration and immigration sent a mail to the house he filled on his landing card right now his runnimg from pillar to post his blood sister is of no help to him less than 4 months in america his outa status , soo  a word is enough for the wise,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2010
*smh* well, I don't want to talk much or comment on this issue. But certainly, I believe no one here is having that crazy thoughts about the US being a bed of roses. If you are, hmm please just go back and think twice. Then to those of us that are aware of the ups and down, very good but keep in mind hardwork, dilligence and perseverance can go a long way to make the road to transition less bumpy. I believe if you have set goals and a vision you cannot be tossed about even if everyone around seems to fail. Just be ready for the challenges physically and mentally.
On the other hand, it is derogatory to use someone's personal situation to cite an example here- whoever that roped OjaP in this please take note. And anyone here who says he had the complete funds as indicated on their I-20 should cast the first stone. Anyway, this is the internet so I can expect anybody to say anything. We all are seperate individuals and thus unique so what you went through may not be exactly what another would face, get it. My general advise to everyone out here is brace yourself and be prepared! PERIOD!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
naggy:

*smh* well, I don't want to talk much or comment on this issue. But certainly, I believe no one here is having that crazy thoughts about the US being a bed of roses. If you are, hmm please just go back and think twice. Then to those of us that are aware of the ups and down, very good but keep in mind hardwork, dilligence and perseverance can go a long way to make the road to transition less bumpy. I believe if you have set goals and a vision you cannot be tossed about even if everyone around seems to fail. Just be ready for the challenges physically and mentally.
On the other hand, it is derogatory to use someone's personal situation to cite an example here- whoever that roped OjaP in this please take note. And anyone here who says he had the complete funds as indicated on their I-20 should cast the first stone. Anyway, this is the internet so I can expect anybody to say anything. We all are seperate individuals and thus unique so what you went through may not be exactly what another would face, get it. My general advise to everyone out here is brace yourself and be prepared! PERIOD!!!

@ naggy,l must commend the way u use to make ur comment here.Honestly u are one of the very few that catch my eyes on this own thread.
l am a very strong addict of this thread,even though most times l dont post comments,but l do come here say like very hour to see whats going on.l wonder why some people dey talk like say them don turn VO,to some they enjoy to instil fear into others,and while some others are fond of babuzzing others.
My conclusion is we should all be our brothers and sisters keeper.We shall all get to our promise land.1 love.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL MY NAIRA LAND FRIENDS AND TO ALL STUDENT APPLICANT FOR SPRING.

IF YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED VISA LOTTERY BEFORE TRY TO KNOW  ALL THE INFORMATION  YOU FILL IN IT BECAUSE THE EMBASSY HAVE THE WHOLE INFORMATION AS YOU APPLIED FOR IMMIGRANT AND NOW YOU ARE GOING FOR NON-IMMIGRANT .
THEY USE THIS VISA LOTTERY TO DENY STUDENT FOR REAL  I GOT THIS FACT TODAY AND IS REALLY TRUE.PLS CHECK YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE LOTTERY THING AND KNOW THE SPECIFIC ANSWER TO GIVE WHEN BEEN ASKED.

LAYRIC FOR THE HOUSE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2010
I applied to 3 schools but my admission at 2 of the schools was not concluded becos of delay from WES, pleas what can i tell the CO if he asked:
- how many schools did u apply to? 3
- Why this and not the other 2?
hope to get ur swift response.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
layric:

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL MY NAIRA LAND FRIENDS AND TO ALL STUDENT APPLICANT FOR SPRING.

IF YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED VISA LOTTERY BEFORE TRY TO KNOW  ALL THE INFORMATION  YOU FILL IN IT BECAUSE THE EMBASSY HAVE THE WHOLE INFORMATION AS YOU APPLIED FOR IMMIGRANT AND NOW YOU ARE GOING FOR NON-IMMIGRANT .
THEY USE THIS VISA LOTTERY TO DENY STUDENT FOR REAL  I GOT THIS FACT TODAY AND IS REALLY TRUE.PLS CHECK YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE LOTTERY THING AND KNOW THE SPECIFIC ANSWER TO GIVE WHEN BEEN ASKED.

LAYRIC FOR THE HOUSE

really, dis is serious then, how did you get to know about this ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2010

IF YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED VISA LOTTERY BEFORE TRY TO KNOW ALL THE INFORMATION YOU FILL IN IT BECAUSE THE EMBASSY HAVE THE WHOLE INFORMATION AS YOU APPLIED FOR IMMIGRANT AND NOW YOU ARE GOING FOR NON-IMMIGRANT .
THEY USE THIS VISA LOTTERY TO DENY STUDENT FOR REAL I GOT THIS FACT TODAY AND IS REALLY TRUE.PLS CHECK YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE LOTTERY THING AND KNOW THE SPECIFIC ANSWER TO GIVE WHEN BEEN ASKED.

Well, this is not to start the argument that was once dropped on this thread. I just don't want people to panic unnecessarily. I actually played the visa lottery that closed recently, and I also got my US study Visa just 10 days ago. I am not really sure if playing the visa lottery matters. If it does, I see no reason why the Indian guy (bad guy) should give me the visa. Or probably, he was aware I played the lottery, but choose to overlook that? Why would he overlook it? Him sabi me before?

I actually don't know what to believe about the lottery versus F1 visa. Better still, I don't want anyone to panic if such a person plays the lottery and applies for F1 visa. My general belief is "WHAT WILL BE, WILL BE"
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 1:57am On Dec 14, 2010
@4ril, --I think he is talking about the information you fill in for the lottery, not the lottery itself being an obstacle but the info filled in

I love Nigerians sha, overly optimistic

you have your fees, you dont have your fees, please make sure you know someone that will accommodate you comewhatmay!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 3:20am On Dec 14, 2010
I have refused to comment and keep quiet on this thread praying silently for spring applicants to get their Visa.But honestly speaking,this funds issue caught my attention.For records purpose,this is to inform the house that I am enjoying my studies and living fine,my school is resuming next Jan for another quarter and everything is going on as planned.Dantecmu,please watch what you post on here ooo.Though,i assume you may be trying to inform the house that me being one of the newest entrant in the USA fron Nairaland will be in a good position to advise how expensive schooling and living here is if one is not well prepared, but you know some people here will misinterprete it here to be that may be i have dropped out of school or suffering, lol.You know our people na.My dear spring applicants,this issue is simple and shouldnt cause hot arguments,if you have your money,come to America and go to your school,if u dont have,be ready to hustle and drop out of school.Chikena.One more thing,even if you were able to pay for 2 sessions and couldnt make the third,you will be dropped and fall out of status,the wise should pick some sense from this.This is not to diminish anybody's joy ooo.But,just to tell una to prepare well before coming over.Case closed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:13am On Dec 14, 2010
It is so funny how many people run their mouth! Not talking to any one in particular sha! This was done when I was about to buy my ticket then, one bros come post many story for here about how hard things were here the only thing I told him was if things are so bad come back to naija and I will not buy my ticket again but we later talked privately and he made me understand many things which really helped me. Each time we still get the opportunity to talk he is always like 'guy you still dey survive?' I dey survive well and I am still in school things will be hard whether you know or dont know any one here when you come in but trust me if you have a goal things would be better.

I am going to say this 'off the record' I have seen a Nigerian who came in without any money and he is still alive today. I dont know if he is still in school but I know very well that he is alive. The most important thing is to believe In yourself and please when you come in the first thing to do is to go to Your school even if na for the first semester just try go.

The rest of you should go and get your visas and come in jare! There is a warri saying, 'no matter wetin happen ogoro must jump' grin Ogoro na frog!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:35am On Dec 14, 2010
@dantecmu, I quite agree with u that to come to the US to study is not a joke. It involves a lot of finance and support.
I've met people that have told me worse things than u said but they also add a few survival tips in it too.
Anyway dantecmu, I don't mean any disrespect. let the love continue to flow. Let the advice continue to pour. We are listening and preparing.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2010
pls can anybody help out with this?
I applied to 3 schools but my admission at 2 of the schools was not concluded becos of delay from WES, pleas what can i tell the CO if he asked:
- how many schools did u apply to? 3
- Why this and not the other 2?
hope to get your swift response.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2010
@house,

VO:good morning

ME:good morning sir

VO:i can see you are going for an MBA programm

ME:yes sir

VOsadholding my i-20,vo started talking to the next vo while they were both staring at the i-20 but i strained my ears so i cld grab watever these oyinbos were saying and i heard something like my son,engineering*me thinks vo wants his son to attend the school*
WHY DID CHOOSE UR SCHOOL

ME: Sir,since am aware i will be investing some months of my life and my dads money,i considered some factors which include, history and tradition of the school,MBA teaching method because am more inclined to the case study method of teaching,the course content of the MBA,as i was about explaing that ,the vo cuts in and says, there r different types of MBA,executive,full time per time so which one r you going for and i said full time.

VO:what do you do

ME: i work in a stockbroking firm as a business development executive

VO:for how long?

ME:2 YEARS

VO:are you paying or the company is paying

ME:my dad sir

VO:DOES HE HAVE A LETTER TO THAT

ME:yes sir*me gave him the letter

VO:SO DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO STOCKBROKING WHEN YOU GET BACK

ME;Sir i know i will be more marketable to employers when i come back there increasing my earning powers so i wont have an issue getting a job,actually i have had discussions with some banks and some consulting firms because sir,i see myself as a business development consultant in the next 6 years, *vo nods head.

VO: do u have any statement from the bank to show me

ME: gave him my dads statement of account

VO:whao,you ve got some funds to cover all the expenses

ME:YES SIR

VO:sir,i will be holding back your i-20 and your passport, by this time it was as if my ears were blocked with concrete,all i was saying was yesir thank you sir

VO:SIR,thats a great school you r going to,do have a wonderful experience.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2010
@ house, am not really good at narrating so pardon my errors or whatever, lol

i was interviewed by the man i was trying to avoid because he denied an undergraduate lady and a very old lady right infront of me.

but as the saying goes,"if God be for me,who can be against me".

Plss to all spring applicants yet to go for their interview,the consulars are not interested in whatever documents you bring

all they r interested in is what you say and how you construct what you say

He never asked for any standardized test or where did you finish from because i never gave him the chance through my answers to his question

out of the 9 or 10 student applicants for 10am appointment i think 5 werre given.no master student was deny sha to the best of my knowledge.

like aroy said, pls speak professionally!!! it makes d interview easier.

and for masters s apllicant,pls try and dress like adults coz the way you dress is the way you will be address.

i wanna thank everybody in the housee for their posts and prayers and support.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2010
@femiap

i thank God for you bro, where did you have yur interview lag or abj?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2010
@femiap , congratulations bro , that was short and splendid . . was it lagos or abuja consulate ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2010
@ seedord, had my interview in lagos.

there were four consulars,3 men and a black american lady,later,the chinese conducted interview after she was through with biometrics.

@house, my personal opinion, try as much as possible to avoid the ladies coz i was able to deduct that the male consulars are applicant friendly and they

give applicants chance to talk and remember use professional terms when explaining.chikena

@ house , i need the cheapest airline to dallas,help your brother.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
@femiap,
Congratulations, I'm indeed happy for you. It is my prayer that the Lord almighty who did yours will do mine too on the 4th of January when I go for mine too in Abuja.

@house,
I've been silent for a while, yet I read this thread every hour of the day, but at times I don't know what to say, especially on the issue of no tuition or in the case of dissappointment from a friend or a family relative. Its well sha.
My interview is on the 4th of January.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2010
Femiap congrats

Well am finking you would be landing at the infamous DFW also know as Dallas forth worth airport, well most Nigerians in dallas fly with delta airline i think its from lagos to atlanta to dfw am not sure about the price anyway but i know delta comes to DFW , welcome to Dallas ma broderman where Nigerians dictate the pace, 9ice place lots of Nigerians and the weather aint bad still feels like your in Nigeria groove in dallas no part 2, if your focused the sky is your limit lots of job opportunities, all said and done all da best,

@ House i ain*t discouraging anybody, all hussle na hussle weather u come with student visa or u come with any type of visa as far as your where inspected at the port of entry and given an i-94 the sky is ur limit,

Ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2010
@femjap, watsup, hw are u? I am so glad that you have given us testimony this week. So for those who'll be having theirs this week, its going to be goodnews all through in jesus name, prepare your speeches and pray 4 Gods blessings
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2010
@house , Is it true that the VO now retain ur statement of account after giving u the green tag? Cos i heard of a story was given a green tag and retained his statement of account, on the day to pick up d visa, the didnt paste d visa stating that the account is fake.

Any experience on this ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
tee.baba:

@house , Is it true that the VO now retain your statement of account after giving u the green tag? Cos i heard of a story was given a green tag and retained his statement of account, on the day to pick up d visa, the didnt paste d visa stating that the account is fake.

Any experience on this ?

@Tee, why you want make the whole world know say na fake account you dey carry go? grin, If I hear a story like that I wouldn't doubt it because yankee is full of surprises. This is where prayer comes in. They can not be holding everybody's staty to know if it is real or not but I believe say them fit hold some people own if they suspect.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2010
djunit1:

@Tee, why you want make the whole world know say na fake account you dey carry go? grin, If I hear a story like that I wouldn't doubt it because yankee is full of surprises. This is where prayer comes in. They can not be holding everybody's staty to know if it is real or not but I believe say them fit hold some people own if they suspect.

@djunit1 , lol , No be so man , Just de hint the hse incase anybody won use oluwole, so make hin prepare ahead !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2010
Make una dey come back come help others applying o!

No point getting to the USA with hints and Advice here and not Checking back on this section to advice others
You might also want to help each other out concerning survival tip once in the country
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Edirin0147(m): 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
Hi my school start at 4th next month still haven't got date for interview with the Embassy also did emergency appointment still not receive date from them really need help on what to do cause I don't need to lose this Admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
@edirin check out details for emergency interview on this link:
http://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/emergency-procedure.aspx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biofem2000: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
Here`s my 2-cent for anyone coming to the US with or without their tuition in their pockets

1.  Make sure you can pay your rent or you have a rent free arrangement.  Its been a couple of degrees below in Marylandm for some days now.  You dont want to be homeless.  Also, make sure you can pay for your first semester.

2. There are scholarships out there.  Even for international students.  When they tell you you`re not eligible, please still apply.  They can only say NO.  They can`t beat you.  My brother got a full scholarship when I made him ask because he wouldn`t ask Typical Nigerian.  ASK!!!

3.  Whatever you do, never you fall out of status.  I`ve said this before, ask for a loan from the school if they have one or ask for a deferred payment plan.  Go to your Intl Student coordinator if you ever get into financial trouble.

4.  Never. I repeat, Never you expect your friends and relatives in America pay your tuition.  I am a mother of 3 kids, daycare for all 3 of them is $1,860 a month.  Day care alone.  I`m not going to take a second job to see a family member through graduate school. grin
The best my husband and I can do is to provide food, shelter, clothes, transportation and pay for my brother`s books.  Come to think of it, that`s a lot from an "american" smiley

5.  Be that brilliant student.  Its easy to make a GPA of 4.0 out of 4.0.  Considering you are not eligible to work and you should have all the time in the world to study. shocked.  When you make that high GPA, ask your Dept. Chair if they can offer you a Graduate assistant position or a research assistant position.  You`ll be surprised how much a 4.0 GPA can give you.

6.  Some schools, maybe not all but I can talk for Morgan State University allow international students to work 20hrs a week within the school.  Look around the school for such opportunity.  Get a job at subway cheesy. , library, canteen, it`ll put some money in your pocket.  If you don`t get one as soon as you start your studies, keep checking and dont try to look good.  In the US no one watches smiley.

7.  In all things, apply wisdom.

8.  You `re is not the same as Your grin.  I just want to hit people when they say " Your looking good" or " Your acting goofy" whichever is applicable.  It is you are looking good or you are acting goofy. grin

9.  Chose Morgan for Engineering cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
biofem2000:

Here`s my 2-cent for anyone coming to the US with or without their tuition in their pockets

1.  Make sure you can pay your rent or you have a rent free arrangement.  Its been a couple of degrees below in Marylandm for some days now.  You dont want to be homeless.  Also, make sure you can pay for your first semester.

2. There are scholarships out there.  Even for international students.  When they tell you you`re not eligible, please still apply.  They can only say NO.  They can`t beat you.  My brother got a full scholarship when I made him ask because he wouldn`t ask Typical Nigerian.  ASK!!!

3.  Whatever you do, never you fall out of status.  I`ve said this before, ask for a loan from the school if they have one or ask for a deferred payment plan.  Go to your Intl Student coordinator if you ever get into financial trouble.

4.  Never. I repeat, Never you expect your friends and relatives in America pay your tuition.  I am a mother of 3 kids, daycare for all 3 of them is $1,860 a month.  Day care alone.  I`m not going to take a second job to see a family member through graduate school. grin
The best my husband and I can do is to provide food, shelter, clothes, transportation and pay for my brother`s books.  Come to think of it, that`s a lot from an "american" smiley

5.  Be that brilliant student.  Its easy to make a GPA of 4.0 out of 4.0.  Considering you are not eligible to work and you should have all the time in the world to study. shocked.  When you make that high GPA, ask your Dept. Chair if they can offer you a Graduate assistant position or a research assistant position.  You`ll be surprised how much a 4.0 GPA can give you.

6.  Some schools, maybe not all but I can talk for Morgan State University allow international students to work 20hrs a week within the school.  Look around the school for such opportunity.  Get a job at subway cheesy. , library, canteen,  it`ll put some money in your pocket.  If you don`t get one as soon as you start your studies, keep checking and dont try to look good.  In the US no one watches smiley.

7.  In all things, apply wisdom.

8.  You `re is not the same as Your grin.  I just want to hit people when they say " Your looking good" or " Your acting goofy" whichever is applicable.  It is you are looking good or you are acting goofy. grin

9.  Chose Morgan for Engineering cheesy

True talk  grin angry cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.