Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546920 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biofem2000: 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2010
[b]$300 to ASSIST a fellow nairalander[/b]Let me do the analysis.
SEVIS fee is $200
Western Union Service Charge is $12.99
MTA Day pass is $3.50 (Take note, Day pass- 24hrs, MTA, Maryland)
Total = $216.49

Your Profit = $300 - $216.49 = $83.51

Umh, be your brothers keeper, smiley

I believe everyone knows someone in the US who will not charge them one cent for a favor. I personally have had to help 4 (FOUR) people make SEVIS payment at no cost to them. This is what this board is for. You all have been good at watching each others backs. DONT STOP for financial gain.
The economy may be bad but, common!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2010
@ house,
mehhhh is not easy ohhh maybe our yankee ppl don add their ticket fee with the sevis fee hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin

chux where are you pls come give comment concerning this matter ohhh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deeprimix: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2010
i made a mistake on d DS 16O and alrdy got my confirmation page, with d code,but discovered i filled in a wrong date as my pasport isue date, since i cant re edit my data, a friend asked me to refill anoda and dats wat i shld present , house any risk 4 filling again,am rily bothered?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2010
deeprimix:

i made a mistake on d DS 16O and alrdy got my confirmation page, with d code,but discovered i filled in a wrong date as my pasport isue date, since i cant re edit my data, a friend asked me to refill anoda and dats wat i shld present , house any risk 4 filling again,am rily bothered?

I will advice you too google it and look for answer,

@princeken

Congrat to you, if not for what happen we should have been rejoicing together but i know God have a purpose.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by slyboggie(m): 3:22am On Dec 10, 2010
@princeken
congrats to u buddy.
@propestive applicants
wishing all u guys d very best out dere.

@house.
Anyone please wit an idea of the cheapest airline around(Orlando international is d destination) or a realiable travelling agent in lagos i could make a booking wit?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 5:24am On Dec 10, 2010
@ seedord247,
whats the problem ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by illinois: 6:00am On Dec 10, 2010
Woooow, i used to follow this page religiously when i was applying to grad school! the info made lots of sense!, guys school for here no be beans ooh!

any questions?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ayoknights(m): 6:25am On Dec 10, 2010
hello everybody, i am a prospective MBA student and i just got my I-20 and sevis receipt yesterday, but what is on the i-20 is that i am coming for a bachelor's degree and on the remark section that i will be starting my MBA upon the successful evaluation of my university transcript. i last applied at the USA embassy in 2005 for undergrad which i was refused and now i have a B.Sc and have done my test of English. i have applied unsuccessfully at two different embassy within the last two years with my new passport(not the one i applied for the USA with) Please house do i have any red flag(s)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 6:27am On Dec 10, 2010
@ house
I went to the embassy yesterday and it was wonderful. . . .i got the green card. Thanking God all the way.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2010
@deepremix,
I made some errors after submiting my DS160 too. I consulted a seasoned agent who informed me that I could fill my DS160 as many times as I like. Its the particular copy i present on that day that will be used. The embassy staff uses the barcode to pull up your information, so its what you present for interview that will be used.
Please fill the new one very carefully. Also take the old one along with u to the embassy just in case they ask. But generally they won't.
Better still, u can just do what I did. Present it like that and just hope it doesn't matter. In my case, it didn't.

Pls note that the error on my form was a very very minor one. I advice u take the first option.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 7:04am On Dec 10, 2010
it was quite short. Here it goes. Next Applicant come to window 3.
She: good morning, pass me ur papers
Me: Good morning ma.
She: ve u travelled outside nigeria
Me: yes, cotonu to pay my sevis fee
She: so u went to benin to pay? Good. Re u married?
Me : no
She : never married before
Me: no
She: have children
Me: no, never
She: wat skøol did u apply to
Me: i told her.
She: any other skøol?
Me: yes, UMASS, boston. (i lied)
She: ok
She : what is ur highest level of education?
Me: my first degree, bachelor
She : ok, what school was that.
Me: i told her
She: ok, how old were u wen you graduated
Me : i told her
She: ok, so what ve u been doing since then?
Me: nysc, and been working as well
She: ok, so why do u want to go for ur masters degree now?
Me: i want a better salary, where i work pple earn better and i want that too.
She: you ve not even worked a year and you want more money.
Me: yes, some pple in my office earn 6 digits in their first month due to their qualification, so i can do it.
She: she smiled, ok
She: why did u choose this course
Me: i went 2ru the skøol curriculum and they ve so so so and so so so and its like having to degree in one. Its a rare opportunity and i want to benefit from that.
She: ok, so what did u study in ur degree?
Me: comp engnr
She: ok, and what course will you study now
Me: MIS
She: ok, how much is it going to cost
Me: 24, 048 for the 1st year(it was on my way home i checked the photocopy of my I-20 and saw the money was actually 21, 048)
She: ok, who is sponsoring you
Me: my father
She : what does he do?
She: can i see his financial statement pls
Me: here it is ma
She: she checked the closing balance and returned it.
She: so, u should pick up ur visa . . . . . . . . Not so sure i heard all she said. Then she passed me the white paper and the green card.
Me : thank you mam
She: ve a wonderful trip to america.
Me : thank you ma, ve a great day.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by koolmd: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2010
Hello House, I need advice for a friend on an issue as narated as follows; my friend's Dad is a nigerian who has now naturalised as an american and presently living in america. He has filed for american citizenship for my friend and her other siblings who are in nigeria and the stage at which the process is now is that in less than 4 months, my fri
end and her siblings will have to appear at the american embassy here in nigeria. The challenge now is that their dad presented them as minors so as to fast track the process according to him. My friend is a graduate, works in a bank and her real age is 27yrs but her dad presented her as 19yrs in the application. Now, she's scared that it may not work out in their favour, though looking at her physically she may pass for 19yrs. Her fear is that sometime in 2001, her and her other 2 siblings were refused american visa when they first wanted to travel with their dad and since then they've not travelled. She said she couldn't remember if their biometric datas (fingerprints and eye) were taken then but we are thinking they may still have their data as they used their real ages then and if they find out, they may stop them from entering america for a long time. We know they'll do DNA test but not sure of bone test and will like to get advice from anybody who has had similar experience on this before.Is this risk worth venturing?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 9:31am On Dec 10, 2010
@ Bukola, i'm really very happy for u. thank God u made it.
You could see the innocent and sincere style of ur language. That is what I believe, captivated the VO and ensured u got ur visa.
If u can establish innocence and sincerity within your first 1minute, they will belive anything u say.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2010
@ bukola ,
you have ginger the house with another good news , am happy for you and congrat.i told you that you will get it .
yakee here we come pls lets do a party before we leave the xmas ohh am ready for that .

Bukola check the cheap airline now and book on time cos of the fee .

Welcome on board sweety.

More good news to come seedord,wiflem,bhidemy,james,solodeji we waiting for you guys and you will make it in Jesus name, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2010
@bukola, i'm very very happy for this. God is on the throne. For us who are the next, its gonna be bumper testimony.
@layric and d rest who are praying, God will bless you all
@house i thank u 4 accepting my immaturity and encouraging me in the right way.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2010
@buukola

it was quite short. Here it goes. Next Applicant come to window 3.
She: good morning, pass me your papers
Me: Good morning ma.
She: ve u travelled outside nigeria
Me: yes, cotonu to pay my sevis fee
She: so u went to benin to pay? Good. Re u married?
Me : no
She : never married before
Me: no
She: have children
Me: no, never
She: wat skøol did u apply to
Me: i told her.
She: any other skøol?
Me: yes, UMASS, boston. (i lied)
She: ok
She : what is your highest level of education?
Me: my first degree, bachelor
She : ok, what school was that.
She: ok, how old were u wen you graduated
Me : i told her
She: ok, so what ve u been doing since then?
Me: nysc, and been working as well
She: ok, so why do u want to go for your masters degree now?
Me: i want a better salary, where i work pple earn better and i want that too.
She: you ve not even worked a year and you want more money.
Me: yes, some pple in my office earn 6 digits in their first month due to their qualification, so i can do it.
She: she smiled, ok
She: why did u choose this course
Me: i went 2ru the skøol curriculum and they ve so so so and so so so and its like having to degree in one. Its a rare opportunity and i want to benefit from that.
She: ok, so what did u study in your degree?
Me: comp engnr
She: ok, and what course will you study now
Me: MIS
She: ok, how much is it going to cost
Me: 24, 048 for the 1st year(it was on my way home i checked the photocopy of my I-20 and saw the money was actually 21, 048)
She: ok, who is sponsoring you
Me: my father
She : what does he do?
She: can i see his financial statement pls
Me: here it is ma
She: she checked the closing balance and returned it.
She: so, u should pick up your visa . . . . . . . . Not so sure i heard all she said. Then she passed me the white paper and the green card.
Me : thank you mam
She: ve a wonderful trip to america.
Me : thank you ma, ve a great day.

I'm really happy you got the visa. Thank God for your life. I got mine last week too, and it wasn't as easy as this. God only granted me the favour to squeeze the green light out from the VO. I'm really happy for you. Congrats once again.

Which cheap airline are you considering? My friends who are student abroad advised Royal Air Maroc. I called them and sent email to them as well. On the phone call, the representative said N149,676 or something. But in the reply to the email, they gave me a bill of over N178,000. I am still confused now. But I am planning to physically appear at their office, when next I go to Lagos.

@House
Anyone who used Royal Air Maroc of recent? How much did you pay for one-way-trip? I mean from Lagos to JFK, New York?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
@ house

I really appreciate everyone that has been there directly/ indirectly you are all appreciated.
lagos embassy is not so bad and really guys there is nothing to be scared of. be Bold and let God take charge. Choose any where thats convenient and close to you. It does not ve to be Abuja God is everywhere believe that and you will succeed.

GOODLUCK TO ALL !!!!!
So whats up with flights to DC or newyork?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2010
hey peeps ,

been following the house on student visa related issues, and what a wonderful world of experts here ,  lol

well, i am going for petroleum engr for the spring 2011 session, i just want the house on few advises :

1- graduated 2007, nysc till 2008 and been working till date ( frame up for the consular though ), would i tell the VO that have resigned, or would resign after the issuance of the visa ? if asked what i intend to do !

2- i travelled to France and Germany sometime April, 2010 , if asked what i went there for, what answer would be best to strengthen my visa changes ?

tanks house !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
@4ril and bukolla

I will advice yu to check qatar airline, i think is around 138,000 including tax and Gboooogboeeeeee.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
@house and guys advise me ohh, nairaland gurus told me to request 4 another i-20 from my school because d skul aid i was coming to do ESL FOR 9 MONTHS, now i have received it, BUT THEM WRITE SAY I WILL BE MAJORING IN NURSING 4 12 MONTHS, I AM GOING 4 UNDERGRADUATE. I WAS THINKING IF THE VO SHUD ASK WHY 12 MONTHS INSTEAD OF SAY 4YEARS, I WILL TELL HIM THAT I AM ON TRANSFER AND IF HE ASKS 4 MY TRANCRIPTS I WILL TELL HIM MY SCHOOL SENT IT DIRECTLY TO THE SKUL I APPLIED FOR THAT THE DONT ISSUE TRANSCRIPTS TO STUDENTS. GUYS HOW THAT ONE SOUND?? I NEED HELP OHHHH
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
buukola pls lets chat wats ur id
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sunnela: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sunnela: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2010
koolmd:

Hello House, I need advice for a friend on an issue as narated as follows; my friend's Dad is a nigerian who has now naturalised as an american and presently living in america. He has filed for american citizenship for my friend and her  other siblings who are in nigeria and the stage at which the process is now is that in less than 4 months, my fri
end and her siblings will have to appear at the american embassy here in nigeria. The challenge now is that their dad presented them as minors so as to fast track the process according to him. My friend is a graduate, works in a bank and her real age is 27yrs but her dad presented her as 19yrs in the application. Now, she's scared that it may not work out in their favour, though looking at her physically she may pass for 19yrs. Her fear is that sometime in 2001, her and her other 2 siblings were refused american visa  when they first wanted to travel with their dad and since then they've not travelled. She said she couldn't remember if their biometric datas (fingerprints and eye) were taken then but we are thinking they may still have their data as they used their real ages then and if they find out, they may stop them from entering america for a long time. We know they'll do DNA test but not sure of bone test and will like to get advice from anybody who has had similar experience on this before.Is this risk worth venturing?

No Biometric but the embassy has all that was filled in the form and their pix tooo, So it is a red flag!

buukola:

@ house

I really appreciate everyone that has been there directly/ indirectly you are all appreciated.
lagos embassy is not so bad and really guys there is nothing to be scared of. be Bold and let God take charge. Choose any where thats convenient and close to you. It does not ve to be Abuja God is everywhere believe that and you will succeed.
GOODLUCK TO ALL !!!!!
So whats up with flights to DC or newyork?

Lil things like this matter, make una thank the house including those of us wey just read una post only, U r welcome Bukola
james2020:

@house and guys advise me ohh, nairaland gurus told me to request 4 another i-20 from my school because d skul aid i was coming to do ESL FOR 9 MONTHS, now i have received it, BUT THEM WRITE SAY I WILL BE MAJORING IN NURSING 4 12 MONTHS, I AM GOING 4 UNDERGRADUATE. I  WAS THINKING IF THE VO SHUD ASK WHY 12 MONTHS INSTEAD OF SAY 4YEARS, I WILL TELL HIM THAT I AM ON TRANSFER AND IF HE ASKS 4 MY TRANCRIPTS I WILL TELL HIM MY SCHOOL SENT IT DIRECTLY TO THE SKUL I APPLIED FOR THAT THE DONT ISSUE TRANSCRIPTS TO STUDENTS. GUYS HOW THAT ONE SOUND?? I NEED HELP OHHHH
Guy, I knew u would come correct and na 1 time u go get am! Na God sign am , i just read am, just elaboate properly
james2020:

buukola pls lets chat wats your id
So una no fit heed my simple advice for last page? una harsh oh! oya bukola do what u could have done yesterday
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
biofem2000:

$300 to ASSIST a fellow nairalander[/b]Let me do the analysis.
SEVIS fee is $200
Western Union Service Charge is $[b]12.99

MTA Day pass is $3.50 (Take note, Day pass- 24hrs, MTA, Maryland)
Total = $216.49

Your Profit = $300 - $216.49 = $83.51

Umh, be your brothers keeper,  smiley

I believe everyone knows someone in the US who will not charge them one cent for a favor.  I personally have had to help 4 (FOUR) people make SEVIS payment at no cost to them.  This is what this board is for.  You all have been good at watching each others backs. DONT STOP for financial gain.
The economy may be bad but, common!!

I nor dey interested in  paying Sevis for any one again. you don do the mathematics and since you know how much MTA dey collect for NY you should help people pay. And you have no idea how much westy dey charge so be sure before you say it.

Congrats Bukola, and those of you awaiting to receive yours I say congrats to all of you oooh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
@House 9ice thread well my 2cent for those of you who would be coming to the US come Jan 2011,  am gonna advice you realistically on what i know happens in the US , coming to the US to improve your chances in life is not a bad idea but at the same time you must be careful in as much as the UNITED STATES is a land of opportunities it could also be a land of misery and psychological torture if you are not mentally prepared, getting a visa to the united states tooo miii signifies the beginning of your hussle in life but people sometimes think it is the end and life cant get any worser,  its good you understand that life anywhere isnt a bed of rose, just the way you cant pick money on the streets of Nigeria that the same way you cant pick money on the streets of america and the bills compared to Nigeria comes in every month soo please am happy when i see thread members go to the embassy and are issued visas,  so please as you come for your studies come Jan pls make sure you are prepared FINANCIALLY AND PSYCHOLOGICALLY note that coming for vacation is quite different from coming for studies because even after your done studying getting a good job is another crazy task on its own,  i have seen lots of Nigerians here with students visas derail they are neither there nor here, and again dont believe everything you are told on the phone,  as a student am sure you all know you cant work for at least a year getting jobs on campus is like waiting for the world to come to an end ,  be prepared PSYCHOLOGICALLY thats very very important

@buuky congrats

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 6:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Sunnela, rotfl your just a clown. This your new signature doesn't cease to crack me up. Big comedian, Thumbs up!

@James2020, I'm not surprised, couldn't have expected anything less. This is just the uttermost level of confusion. I wonder the kind school you applied to,

@buukola, abeg add our man James sharp sharp. I guess he has an ''important discussion'' with you, lmao.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
@naggy

I have been looking 4 ways to talk to you, are online now? , if so can we talk on YM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
@4ril, i booked Royal air maroc for just 120k from lagos to jfk. I used an agent here in lagos. U can reach him on 08023200019.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by buukola: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
@ benon
For real? That sounds like a good deal. I'll call u up soonest.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by princeken(m): 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
lo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 2:14am On Dec 11, 2010
hello house,
i will be going for my interview next week but i work somewhere and i dont have a letter releasing me from my organization for masters, can i tell the embassy that i will be resigning?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 2:30am On Dec 11, 2010
tee.baba:

hey peeps ,

been following the house on student visa related issues, and what a wonderful world of experts here ,  lol

well, i am going for petroleum engr for the spring 2011 session, i just want the house on few advises :

1- graduated 2007, nysc till 2008 and been working till date ( frame up for the consular though ), would i tell the VO that have resigned, or would resign after the issuance of the visa ? if asked what i intend to do !

2- i travelled to France and Germany sometime April, 2010 , if asked what i went there for, what answer would be best to strengthen my visa changes ?

tanks house !

@house

no one even checked my post and responded, am new here or is it the old folks only that are attended to ?

plssssss thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.