Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,083 members, 7,863,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547922 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rabbits207: 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2010
@house.ma broda is going to new orleans. Louisiana. Next week wenesday and he need a cheapest flight can anybody in the house help?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2010
rabbits207:

@house.ma broda is going to new orleans. Louisiana. Next week wenesday and he need a cheapest flight can anybody in the house help?

d guy go try hin luck but backfired.
Are u still goin to the abj consulate in the new year? Me na lagos sha. Are goin for grad or undergrad?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
@naggy: there is no more date in lagos nor abuja, what do i do now please?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nostress1: 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2010
pls all genius in the house do i need to pay another 1-20 fee to my school in regard to transfer to fall September 2011,since no interview date in either Abuja or Lagos.thanks for your reply will really be helpful, (no stress),
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 5:12am On Jan 01, 2011
no stress:

pls all genius in the house do i need to pay another 1-20 fee to my school in regard to transfer to fall September 2011,since no interview date in either Abuja or Lagos.thanks for your reply will really be helpful, (no stress),

welcome on board, to ur query: there is absolutely no fee to pay to defer ur i-20 to the next semester, i think u can change it twice then afterwards you would have to re-apply to d school again for a new i-20. Peace yaw !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nostress1: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2011
@Tee.baba,thanks alot wishing you a year of .OPEN DOORS.one love man, thanks again,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 10:44am On Jan 01, 2011
Wishing everybody in the house a wonderful year ahead. you all, were part of my success story in 2010 and you will still be and I will also be part of yours in this new year.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
happy newyear
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
Happy new year to you all. I wish us all a prosperous year of fulfillment. Our dreams shall come true in Jesus name.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2011
Happy New Year , 2000 & Eleven of Greatness for the HOUSE !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2011
Happy new year to you my NL peeps.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2011
Please house, I need an interview date at ABJ so bad. What do we do about the non availability of interview dates at the embassy. Are they gonna update it later?

Regards
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2011
Happy New Year house, U all were part of my success story in 2010

For the class of 2011, this year shall be your year of honor and you all will testify, God get your tickets!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2011
Please what are we going to do about this Interview date please? This is getting out of hand, i seriously need help because i don't want to miss the spring admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 9:23am On Jan 03, 2011
same here @smoothsail. I need the interview date so bad too. I hope the embassy fix that soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smoothsail: 10:59am On Jan 03, 2011
@Shewhy: When is your resumption date? I don't mind anywhere, i know i'm gonna get it anywhere if i get a date
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2011
guys , i dont think there are any free dates for now, the holidays have dealt it a great blow ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2011
@tee.baba. what we gonna do now?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
shewhy:

@tee.baba. what we gonna do now?
since normal biz activity will resume tomorrow, you could try to request for expedited interview between now and 6am tomorrow. God will do it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2011
happi new year peeps,
I've missed d house,
it's 2011, God willing, we can have it all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:26am On Jan 04, 2011
DASLEEKY:

happi new year peeps,
I've missed d house,
it's 2011, God willing, we can have it all

same to you, long tym dude,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by addsyno(m): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2011
USA STUDENT VISA MADE EASY
I HAVE A SURE LINK FOR SCHOOLS IN USA,YOU GET YOUR I-20,admission letter 2 weeks after drawing of your application 07035572462
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:28am On Jan 04, 2011
addsyno:

USA STUDENT VISA MADE EASY
I HAVE A SURE LINK FOR SCHOOLS IN USA,YOU GET YOUR I-20,admission letter 2 weeks after drawing of your application 07035572462

Why you nor get sure link for the embassy? Drunk like you. Get the hell outta here!

I greet the house Happy Nu year
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2011
Well, I give God all the glory because He said in everything - good or bad, we should thank Him
I was just denied @ the Abuja Embassy for the least expected reason -  FAKE TRANSCRIPTS smiley.        cry  cry
I'm 100% sure of my transcript, which was sent to the World Education Services and it was later sent back the Institution, (POLY IBADAN) by WES for verification before it was later sent to the US university which I applied and was admitted. I was shocked to hear from the woman who interviewed my that the transcripts were FAKE.
She even went ahead to ask me to tell her the name of those who did the job for me. (I'm a child of GOD and would never do a thing of such.

But the most confusing aspect of it was that there was a paper which she gave me after the denial and on the paper, FAKE TRANSCRIPTS was not stated there as the reason for my denial, it was another thing there.

Someone later told me that it was a PROPAGANDA from them that they used to do like that at times in order to ensure how confident one is, and that I can re-apply again, But I'm so confused

I've called my Lecturers in Poly Ibadan and informed them of what happened and they asked me to come and fix it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2011
hello house, anyone here applying to Minot state university? please i need you. lets rob minds
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shilling(f): 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
rockafela:

hello house, anyone here applying to Minot state university? please i need you. lets rob minds
My friend just moved to NY cos MSU was too boring, or so he says. I can't verify that, but I know it's really cheap.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ House, I'm expecting a response to my post about the shocking reason for my denial.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rockafela(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
i prefer it cos its cheap
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
Wilfem:

@ House, I'm expecting a response to my post about the shocking reason for my denial.
its so painful to hear this in the house dis new year, well i do not know about this fake transcripts, probably she saw a different format from another person earlier and considered ur's was fake.

i think if you could get another appointment then you stand a great chance.

lets read up ur interview so we can get more insight to this.

just stay cool and it shall be well.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
@ House, my interview goes like this;

VO; Good Morning
Me: Good morning ma

VO; Why US?
Me; Told her

How did you get to know about the institution?
Me: A lecturer of mine recommended it to me and I conducted further research about it online. I was so pleased with the curriculum of the course because of its diversity

VO; Why go for Masters in Graphic Communications?
Me: Told her, (explained to her that most of what we were taught at the undergraduate level were mainly about Desktop Publishing (CorelDRAW and Photoshop)

VO; How many of you were in your department when you graduated?
Me; I told her

VO; Tell me how big is your institution?
Me; I told her

VO; Ok from your transcripts here, I can see that you were taught 'Computer Programming' Which of the programming language did you make use of?
Me; I was unprepared for this questionn 'cos we used to calling the course 'Computer Design' instead and not Computer programming, 'cos they're entirely different. I don't even know of any programming language.

(As she was asking all these questions, she was busy typing rapidly on her PC)

VO: Ok, what are your plans after you complete your studies?
Me; I told her that I plan to open a Multimedia studio, marry my fiance and raise my family from there on

VO; What's a Multi-media studio meant for?
Me; Told her that it'll be more of production of Digital Billboards with animated advertisements

VO; Ok, gimme a second

(She stood up from her seat, while holding my transcripts with her and went to another Visa Ofiicer. she spent like about 10 mins there before she came back)

VO; Ok, Sorry, we've confirmed these transcripts of yours to be Fake,
Me: I was so shocked to have heard that

VO; If you don't tell us whom you paid and how much you paid to do this for you, I may have no choice than to deny you (She was reffering to the photocopy of the transcript)
Me: Tried to show her the receipts for the payments of the transcripts at the school and also tried to give her my WES username/password, if she'll need it to access my evaluated version on WES website, but she didn't listen to me (She even said the one from WES was not for them)

VO; How much did you pay to WES for your transcript evaluation?
Me: I told her ($249)

VO: Sorry, Take this and leave.

She still held on to those transcripts of mine, (which consists of a photocopy of the one my instituion, (Poly Ibadan) sent to WES and also the online Print-out of the eveluated transcript from WES.

I left the place with so much grief and disappointment.

My main area of confusion now is this, which of the transcript is one expected to give them?

I'm expecting our responses to this, so that others too would learn from this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teebaba4: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2011
Wilfem:

@ House, my interview goes like this;

VO; Good Morning
Me: Good morning ma

VO; Why US?
Me; Told her

How did you get to know about the institution?
Me: A lecturer of mine recommended it to me and I conducted further research about it online. I was so pleased with the curriculum of the course because of its diversity

VO; Why go for Masters in Graphic Communications?
Me: Told her, (explained to her that most of what we were taught at the undergraduate level were mainly about Desktop Publishing (CorelDRAW and Photoshop)

VO; How many of you were in your department when you graduated?
Me; I told her

VO; Tell me how big is your institution?
Me; I told her

VO; Ok from your transcripts here, I can see that you were taught 'Computer Programming' Which of the programming language did you make use of?
Me; I was unprepared for this questionn 'cos we used to calling the course 'Computer Design' instead and not Computer programming, 'cos they're entirely different. I don't even know of any programming language.

(As she was asking all these questions, she was busy typing rapidly on her PC)

VO: Ok, what are your plans after you complete your studies?
Me; I told her that I plan to open a Multimedia studio, marry my fiance and raise my family from there on

VO; What's a Multi-media studio meant for?
Me; Told her that it'll be more of production of Digital Billboards with animated advertisements

VO; Ok, gimme a second

(She stood up from her seat, while holding my transcripts with her and went to another Visa Ofiicer. she spent like about 10 mins there before she came back)

VO; Ok, Sorry, we've confirmed these transcripts of yours to be Fake,
Me: I was so shocked to have heard that

VO; If you don't tell us whom you paid and how much you paid to do this for you, I may have no choice than to deny you (She was reffering to the photocopy of the transcript)
Me: Tried to show her the receipts for the payments of the transcripts at the school and also tried to give her my WES username/password, if she'll need it to access my evaluated version on WES website, but she didn't listen to me (She even said the one from WES was not for them)

VO; How much did you pay to WES for your transcript evaluation?
Me: I told her ($249)

VO: Sorry, Take this and leave.

She still held on to those transcripts of mine, (which consists of a photocopy of the one my instituion, (Poly Ibadan) sent to WES and also the online Print-out of the eveluated transcript from WES.

I left the place with so much grief and disappointment.

My main area of confusion now is this, which of the transcript is one expected to give them?

I'm expecting our responses to this, so that others too would learn from this.

i dont really know what to say, but to my own knowledge, students are not given transcripts but are sent directly to the institution you request them for, taking a photocopy wouldnt justify you had the original, i have read conversations here that guys tell the VO they do not have the transcripts cos the school doesnt release it to individuals, and they came out with the green tag, maybe you should have just told them dat, that you have your degree certificate instead !

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.