Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547521 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidsoj: 2:21am On Sep 23, 2009
I paid contacted them, they sent me the I-20. My parent's wired funds to an account here in NYC. I then applied for the student visa at the U.S embassy.

All they wanted to know was where I was going to stay, and that was it. I would suggest you contact the schools and let them know that you would like to apply for admission. I must warn you that Baruch College is quite competitive and very difficult to get into.

Good luck with the admission process

How much am i goin 2 pay before I get my I-20? Tnx 4 d info anyways.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2009
what is happening!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 23, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidsoj: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ echenmichael, are you in usa now?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2009
Firstly i will like to thank A-town,Gongo Aso et al for thier contribution on this thread.My prayer is that God will surely refill you back in million folds.You guys are just too much.Am happy for that. A-Town abeg no go for God Sake.Dont mind the moderator u have been a blessing to us plsssssssssssssssss dont go.Spring guys hope u are finding some of the info here useful abeg NO DULL URSEF.Make sure u have a checklist where u tick documents u have got like am doing now.Dont say the docs are too much u need intimidating docs at the embassy to convince dem dat u will b back and have financial ability to school in Yankee.
I gat to bombard dem with document .
Immediately u get ur I-20 book for appointment so dat u will avoid the December rush.People go plenty 4 December.Book now even b4 u pay ur SEVIS.u can reschedule ur appointment if ur SEVIS receipt is not ready.Book so dat u can get space.God will surely help us to get there Amennnnnnnnnnn.
ATIKU MUST BE PRESIDENT
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2009
oyewolejos:

Firstly i will like to thank A-town,Gongo Aso et al for thier contribution on this thread.My prayer is that God will surely refill you back in million folds.You guys are just too much.Am happy for that. A-Town abeg no go for God Sake.Dont mind the moderator u have been a blessing to us plsssssssssssssssss dont go.Spring guys hope u are finding some of the info here useful abeg NO DULL URSEF.Make sure u have a checklist where u tick documents u have got like am doing now.Dont say the docs are too much u need intimidating docs at the embassy to convince dem dat u will b back and have financial ability to school in Yankee.
I gat to bombard dem with document .
Immediately u get your I-20 book for appointment so dat u will avoid the December rush.People go plenty 4 December.Book now even b4 u pay your SEVIS.u can reschedule your appointment if your SEVIS receipt is not ready.Book so dat u can get space.God will surely help us to get there Amennnnnnnnnnn.
ATIKU MUST BE PRESIDENT

Na atiku wan interview u? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, nice one oyewole for the reminder.cheers mate
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bigboyslim(m): 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
Just to reiterate what those that came before me have said A town, LaNiger et al. Do not even think of paying for tuition with work you will do as an F1 student in USA. You will drop out faster than a crackhead. Its sad but its true. Only attempt to come here if you have your entire tuition sorted either through scholarship or a rich sponsor. Do not base your decision to study in the USA on what someone experienced say 5 or 10 years ago. The situation on ground is a lot tougher now. One more thing, dont ever come with the intention of securing a scholarship once you arrive, that can be a very costly mistake because if you no get that scholarship, depression is just around the corner. I'm probably sounding like a prophet of doom but I would hate to see anyone experience what I've seen people experience here with no money to fall back on. Depression no be white man disease o. Real talk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2009
bigboyslim:

Just to reiterate what those that came before me have said A town, LaNiger et al. Do not even think of paying for tuition with work you will do as an F1 student in USA. You will drop out faster than a crackhead. Its sad but its true. Only attempt to come here if you have your entire tuition sorted either through scholarship or a rich sponsor. Do not base your decision to study in the USA on what someone experienced say 5 or 10 years ago. The situation on ground is a lot tougher now. One more thing, dont ever come with the intention of securing a scholarship once you arrive, that can be a very costly mistake because if you no get that scholarship, depression is just around the corner. I'm probably sounding like a prophet of doom but I would hate to see anyone experience what I've seen people experience here with no money to fall back on. Depression no be white man disease o. Real talk
hmmmm shocked wat of loan n grants grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
internationals dont get loans or grants
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dreamz701(f): 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
well u would find it difficult if u wanna go to the school that gave you admission, they are pretty expensive well unless ur people re rich enuf to finance u, its kinda hrad tho but honestly better than Naija, the thing is that you just have to transfer to a community college when u get here and you can setup a payment plan or how you will be paying ur skol fees, its not legal to work as an international student but once u get ere, people u stay with will let you know how they do it, I got to the United States this fall through Indiana University Of Pennsylvania but am now in a College in Chicago, it was crazy tho cos the school didnt transfer me, they cancelled my i20 but i did re-instatement to the community college and everythin cost me $400 but am happy am beginnin to settle down, just lookin for a job now and life begins,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidsoj: 12:16am On Sep 25, 2009
well u would find it difficult if u wanna go to the school that gave you admission, they are pretty expensive well unless your people re rich enuf to finance u, its kinda hrad tho but honestly better than Naija, the thing is that you just have to transfer to a community college when u get here and you can setup a payment plan or how you will be paying your skol fees, its not legal to work as an international student but once u get ere, people u stay with will let you know how they do it, I got to the United States this fall through Indiana University Of Pennsylvania but am now in a College in Chicago, it was crazy tho cos the school didnt transfer me, they cancelled my i20 but i did re-instatement to the community college and everythin cost me $400 but am happy am beginnin to settle down, just lookin for a job now and life begins

Congrats man. Were u in 4 UG or PG? Kindly advise on d name of d community school.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dreamz701(f): 1:16am On Sep 25, 2009
davidsoj:

Congrats man. Were u in 4 UG or PG? Kindly advise on d name of d community school.

SHALOM

U can check up city community colleges of chicago, they are like 5 or so but am in Truman College, Plenty naija peeps ere u think u in LASU or UNILAG lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dreamz701(f): 1:17am On Sep 25, 2009
from community college, u shud know am ere to UG lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 2:00am On Sep 25, 2009
from community college, u shud know am ere to UG lol

Nice reading from you, so aw is Cali? hope ya enjoyin it? I`ll like 2 follow ur steps man. Kinda gimme details on aw ya went about securing admission and also visa, aw much did ya spend? update me here

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 3:28am On Sep 25, 2009
Hey guys, how is it going down here? not been here since my visa got sorted i think. Thank God im now in school ! classes have started fully down here, getting settled gradually. how about all those who had interviews and got their visas in august? i got mine in august too like dream , after all the stress US embassy in nigeria gave me. Thank God!!!. All the best to everyone over here planning for spring 2010.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2009
dreamz701:

well u would find it difficult if u wanna go to the school that gave you admission, they are pretty expensive well unless your people re rich enuf to finance u, its kinda hrad tho but honestly better than Naija, the thing is that you just have to transfer to a community college when u get here and you can setup a payment plan or how you will be paying your skol fees, its not legal to work as an international student but once u get ere, people u stay with will let you know how they do it, I got to the United States this fall through Indiana University Of Pennsylvania but am now in a College in Chicago, it was crazy tho cos the school didnt transfer me, they cancelled my i20 but i did re-instatement to the community college and everythin cost me $400 but am happy am beginnin to settle down, just lookin for a job now and life begins,
can u pls put me thru the re-instatement process cos dats wat i plan 2do myself.Drop an offline for me pls so we can chat.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2009
toyosiwemi:

Hey guys, how is it going down here? not been here since my visa got sorted i think. Thank God im now in school ! classes have started fully down here, getting settled gradually. how about all those who had interviews and got their visas in august? i got mine in august too like dream , after all the stress US embassy in nigeria gave me. Thank God!!!. All the best to everyone over here planning for spring 2010.

Hello, I remember you, good to know you are now in school, I also arrived here in august and am getting to know around small small, America is full of tax and bills ooo,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Fysat(f): 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
Thanks for that word of encouragement. see in srping 2010 wink grin smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dreamz701(f): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
nethacker:

can u pls put me thru the re-instatement process cos dats wat i plan 2do myself.Drop an offline for me pls so we can chat.

its simple, just go to the college u wanna go to, talk to the international student advisor, they will make sure the other Uni u go in through already cancelled your i20, so they will give you a form to fill its called i-539 or so, u will just have to start ur admission all over with the college, show them transcripts, results, statement of account, everything u sent to d UNI b4 they have u admission sha, after that they ll gv u a new i20 n u re a student of the school,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dreamz701(f): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2009
dreamz701:

its simple, just go to the college u wanna go to, talk to the international student advisor, they will make sure the other Uni u go in through already cancelled your i20, so they will give you a form to fill its called i-539 or so, u will just have to start your admission all over with the college, show them transcripts, results, statement of account, everything u sent to d UNI b4 they have u admission sha, after that they ll gv u a new i20 n u re a student of the school,

dnt mind my errors, shepe is already in the system, lol, buzz me on opeyemi_ogunlaru when u online, i can explain better then, right now, i cant feel my face lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ smile 4kenn abi oooo!!! even the school fees included a lot of service payments, lol. where are u?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2009
@toyosi,

I am in Wichita, Kansas, am sure it will be far away from your state, what about u?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 12:28am On Sep 26, 2009
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 1:39am On Sep 26, 2009
Congrats to all those who secured their visa, Wishn u all a good stay over there.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 26, 2009
[
gongo aso:

angry angry angry angry angry

Thank God u are back. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:34am On Sep 26, 2009
The US Embassy yesterday increase the visa appointment fee from 3500 to 5500.In a statement released yesterday the new payment takes effect from monday 28 Sept 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2009
@smile4ken im in houston, texas

they increased the appointment fees? what about the visa fees? i kind of think its too soon after the new system set in
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by danconsult(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2009
pls i was wondering what sombody said the other day and he possibility.
is it possible for me to get a uk or us visa without stress
the guy said something about sending ur passport thru a courier service and going to the uk 4 the interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by emmablow11(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2009
@toyosi

Houston, Texas, there are lots of Nigerians over there.

USA embassy wanna make more money, so they increased the fees undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2009
@emmablow11 yeah a lot of nigerians in southwest houston , i rarely find nigerians where i am though im in the northern part of houston
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Quod: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2009
Thanks to everyone for your contributions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:10am On Sep 28, 2009
This forum is turning to something else.The moderator has turn himself into a war lord.A dictator.He bans people at will without any offence.He beats my imagination that he can ban a great contributor like Gongo Aso for no reason then what is the essence of calling it a forum when people does not have the freedom of expression that is a fundamental human right.I condemn in totality such inhuman acts.Let us standing against banning on nairaland. SO THAT THE UNHEARD COULD BE HEARD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.