Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546568 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutegirly: 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
Can u imagine, a friend was rejected today at abuja becos the consular asked if she was single, she said yes and he gave her the 214b reason,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
cutegirly:

Can u imagine, a friend was rejected today at abuja becos the consular asked if she was single, she said yes and he gave her the 214b reason,

Sorry to hear that. The consular nor want your friend to come marry get Green card like Aroy1 na!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2011
biikeys:

@gboyegad
Add me on yahoo-abbeyyyy2000@yahoo.com

I have added you. My id starts with ade.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2011
I am online bt can't see u @gboyega
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2011
biikeys:

I am online bt can't see u @gboyega

Kindly check again and confirm please.
Regards,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Wilzz: I concur with your assessment of the Lagos Consulate.

It was the black american guy in counter two that interviewed me and he was nice, laughing and smiling, and did not ask for documents just bank staty and gmat test result.

The white lady in counter one is interested in intelligent people. I prayed for her not to call me because her interview is a mini-exam. But if you are sure of yourself, then no problem.

The guy in counter three is the nicest of all. He looks like a european, with long hair, but he's american. Everytime he denied someone, especially students, he felt bad and we could see it. He actually wants to give visas to everyone. If you have read this thread on Nairaland and you are prepared with documents, just in case, this guy will certainly give you your visa. He does not want to disappoint your dream of going to the US.

The guy in counter four is very patient, he asks like six questions before deciding whether to give the visa or not. I was sitting, waiting, right in front of his counter so I heard all his interviews, questions and answers. He does not need correct answers to all his six questions. Just answer like four or five correct. If you don't know, say 'I do not know' or 'I am not sure'. This guy values truthfulness so much, more than all I saw that day. If he believes you are truthful, he wil give you.

The thing about the Lagos Consulate is you can't decide which counter you will eventually go to. So, please put it in the hand of God. And do your best. SUCCESS!!!

wilzz26:

@ House.

for thoes considering the lagos consulate for student visa interview.

counter 1 is a bit feir but she will keep looking for ways to bounce you.if you are smart and inteligent you should be able to scale through and tofel and travelling experience matters.whan i say travelling i dont mean travelling to south africa nor dubi oo. european contries and asia will do for her.
she will note every thing you say down and ask you same question in a twisted way twice.but like i said if you are smart and inteligent with her one question brings another until the final one have you travelled before after asking have you been to the usa before.

pls note my point on this lady on counter 1 @ the lagos consulate.

counter 2(balck american) is really good as in that one dey always smile and issue visas well but one thing about him is that he does not really check documents at all.what he needs to see are your SAT score cert and he will ask what was the most difficult question you faced when writing the exam.what are your future plans, your waec result in case of undergraduate progarame how you came across the school etc.
but he is not difficult at all.if you can talk and give short detail explanations and answers with documents to back up calims if he asks or request any.but i bet you this one no get time for all that.

counter 4. that one no get time for story at all first he wants to see your waec followede by yourother documents and verry short questions folllow if you miss any or cannot answer well he will just say am sorry i cannot issue you visa at this time.he is not ready for stories at all.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tboy02: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
@House. I was denied yesterday @ Lagos****Counter 1***.  Sha i fit re-apply immediately 4 an emergency with the same I-20? my school resume on 29-08-11.

Plz, I need Urgent reply.

Here are the questions she asked me,

Where are you going to
When did you finished High School
What have u been doing
Any Test.
(Why did you choose ***** Uni.
How many school did you apply 4.
why this school compare to the rest) asked Twice in Twisting way

What course are you going to take in computer Sc.
Name courses under computer sc.
What business ur sponsor do 4 living
Banks Statement.
Blah blah blah, For those that are going for interview soon: no need to dey tell ya make u dey confident because the delay and A.C go dry all the fear, lol 4 my mind i think say me don get am because i practice all the questions xclude COURSE UNDER C/S, i gave two which me remember that moment and she need more. next thing i hear SORRY sad sad sad.Me ask am why,she said because No much details to know. Which me know where she dey talk. grin grin grin. , Omg!! I like that black guy, him no dey ask much question and always laugh. He asked one guy why did apply to only one school, the guy no fit talk V.O answer the question for the guy. Men me don dey say ah.! wish nah this guy go interview me VERY friendly, Anyway done happen sha. ABEG PPL 4 THE HOUSE SHA I FIT STILL RE-APPLY IMMEDIATELY?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
@tboy
yes u can reapply 4 E.D But lets ve d ans u gave 2 questions asked.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
@tboy
just yestaday i posted sumtn concernin knwin atleast ur 1st sem courses. Anyws beta luck next tym,
@House
pls dnt take anytin 4 granted cs u neva can tel,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
GboyegaD:

Kindly check again and confirm please.
Regards,

I don't know why I am having challenges with my phone however, I will add you from my system by 7p.m.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
So funny why people are afraid and hate the young lady at counter 1 in the Lagos consulate. I think i like her. She was the one that interviewed me and i got my visa. Even though the interview was lengthy and she asked many questions. Well, I thank God i made it. This explains that you guys going for your interview soon at the Lagos consulate should be well prepared as you cant predict the consular that will interview you. Good luck y'all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
@shewhy
lets knw ao it went nah
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2011
Can someone please help me with a comprehensive list of what to take to my interview and the arrangement.

Luv y'all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
Naggy pls Add me on YM belly4eva2001
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2011
the rules for expedited dates says if you have recently been refused, you cant apply for an emergency date. just try and hustle and monitor the portal till u get a date. good luck. and readc the rules on expedited appointments.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
@naggy its very wrong of u to lay insult on any body on this thread whether direct or indirect. If u want to give advice, do it positively.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2011
biikeys:

Can someone please help me with a comprehensive list of what to take to my interview and the arrangement.

Luv y'all
I have added you.

The things you have to take with you to the embassy are:
Your 1 - 20
International Passport
Sevis reciept
Admission Letter
DS - 160 Confirmation Print Out
Visa interview appointment print out
Visa Fees Payment Receipt
Standardized Exams Scores if you wrote any
Your transcript and O Level results
Bank Statement
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of employment if you are working

House kindly include anything I have omitted.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tboy02: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
@gbaski2010

When she asked me what course u wanna study under c/s i replied Theory of Computation was expecting her to ask me to explain rather she asked me to tell her all the course under,i told her (Software and Hardware) She look at her computer and said yes and?. Me no quietly think sha. Like, database,Computer Networking,Design etc,

@Ayanfe22

Thanks 4 ur respond. abeg i never clear, when i did research they said,, ***Requests for earlier appointment for a second interview soon after a recent non-immigrant visa refusal are generally not granted*** And gbaski2010, likewise a friend of mine. Please @house, I dey think to go pay 4 VISA FEE tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2011
djunit1:

why una hate the truth like this?

leave them make them come na that time them go know say toto sweet pass yantch
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Tosinville

YOu have said it all, kissssssssssssssssss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
Face your studyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy then you will see that yankee life is easy ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 12:40am On Jul 29, 2011
You adults better stop this childish approach †☺ issues.why are we picking on one another Please this NONSENSE better had better stop NOW. Period.

@ USBOUND.
Pls like I said previously,I need †☺ talk with you about GMAT.Pls can You drop me your Ymesseger ID? I will have †☺ add you from my end here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:58am On Jul 29, 2011
@ USBound,

@ usbound.

Thats true about lagos consulate. it was the lady in counter 1 that interviewed me i wish it was the black American guy it would have been on a 50 50 chance with him.no documents show just talk and he smiles at you and if you are smart and intelligent you will definitely get the visa from him.

i was prepared for the interview but that lady in counter 1 kept bringing one question after the other and i i was given her the answers correctly when she see say i don too dey get am plus academic questions some asked twice but in adifferent way each time she had no choice Thant to take a pulse for some few seconds checked bank statements,certificates pali to pali with no red flags at all.then she asked have you travelled out before? i said no i havent.she could not tell me am sorry all she did was to pull out a white paper and said you can go through it. the reasons are there.

can you imagine that?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 1:07am On Jul 29, 2011
@wilz: All hope is not lost. Have you re-applied? If no, why not? The first thing they will ask you next time is 'have you been denied before?', you say 'yes', then 'why?', just say 'I was not able to present my case properly' - no need to mention specifics. Then you will have a fresh interview. This time around, the lady in counter one is not allowed to interview you, so you are to face either of the three men including the black guy whom you may get. It should be easy because the men do not conduct the interview like a mini-exam unlike the white lady. Best of luck. Andd keep us posted with your re-application. SUCCESS!

wilzz26:

@ USBound,

@ usbound.

Thats true about lagos consulate. it was the lady in counter 1 that interviewed me i wish it was the black American guy it would have been on a 50 50 chance with him.no documents show just talk and he smiles at you and if you are smart and intelligent you will definitely get the visa from him.

i was prepared for the interview but that lady in counter 1 kept bringing one question after the other and i i was given her the answers correctly when she see say i don too dey get am plus academic questions some asked twice but in adifferent way each time she had no choice Thant to take a pulse for some few seconds checked bank statements,certificates pali to pali with no red flags at all.then she asked have you travelled out before? i said no i havent.she could not tell me am sorry all she did was to pull out a white paper and said you can go through it. the reasons are there.

can you imagine that?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rabbits207: 1:12am On Jul 29, 2011
@House,
Can you please stop picking on each other and let get busy by helping others to achieve their aim on this thread. I believe to be on this thread we are all grown, Once again let's get busy by helping others.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 2:56am On Jul 29, 2011
Please guys, some quick questions.

Has anyone here tried wakanow.com? Is it recommendable? If not, which sites do you guys book your flights on?

has anyone flied with Egypt AIR? They have flights for less than 200,000 sometimes and that is perfect for my string budget.

How much would you advise a student who is going to expensive manhattan to carry with him?

How about phone networks? Any point in taking my naija phone?

thanks y'all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 3:07am On Jul 29, 2011
nnamdistan:

Please guys, some quick questions.

Has anyone here tried wakanow.com? Is it recommendable? If not, which sites do you guys book your flights on?

has anyone flied with Egypt AIR? They have flights for less than 200,000 sometimes and that is perfect for my string budget.

How much would you advise a student who is going to expensive manhattan to carry with him?

How about phone networks? Any point in taking my naija phone?

thanks y'all

how much to carry:    as much as u can!
phone network:   depends on your naija fone,
USBound:

@deevick246: My id is usbound911@yahoo.com - you can add me now. I am online.

@seedord247, djunit1, nairaspace, naggy: You guys are just falling my hand, big time. You are not acting like alumni of this thread at all. How can you be happy that an applicant is leaving the thread when you yourselves benefitted from it. IF YOU HAVE TOLD THEM THE 'TRUTH', THEN LET THEM DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES. To go to the US means you are an Adult willing to take decisions and be responsible for their outcomes.

Bros, not that the truth wasnt said, but they react with stupidity thinking you are making fun of them!!!

Bros, them tell you sey the person wey wan leave this thread go gree comot? who no like awoof info!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:30am On Jul 29, 2011
I think the Mods should ban some idiiot here.
Foolish people. When we started this thread we made the intention clear but now some mudafucker are destroying the legacy of Femilangy, Nethacker, Phuck Nl, Wems002, Gongo Aso and some folks.
Una dey vex me big time
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 7:04am On Jul 29, 2011
@wilzz26
and wot reasons were on d paper
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tboy02: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2011
@ HOUSE,

I was recently denied, can i re-apply Immediately for emergency.Date?  my school resume on the 29-08. Plz, i want to know if my request will be granted before i pay d fees. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by morotioluwa: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2011
Hey people, I had my interview at the Abuja consulate yesterday and was given my visa. ALL THE PRAISE GOES TO MY GOD.
I've been told to come back on Monday to collect my passport (my I-20 was returned to me, ) Can i go today Friday? Like late in the afternoon.??
I will post my experience soon and some top tips too. We serve a great God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2011
@morotioluwa,am so happy for you.plz can you tell us how it went?
Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.