Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546903 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rabbits207: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2011
morotioluwa:

Hey people, I had my interview at the Abuja consulate yesterday and was given my visa. ALL THE PRAISE GOES TO MY GOD.
I've been told to come back on Monday to collect my passport (my I-20 was returned to me, ) Can i go today Friday? Like late in the afternoon.??
I will post my experience soon and some top tips too. We serve a great God.

Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the United States Of America, Please post your experience for others, God is good,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2011
@morotioluwa

Pls post your Interview experience and also about the counters,.can you say something about the counters, ??

@House, is it necessary to go with Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:27am On Jul 29, 2011
morotioluwa:

Hey people, I had my interview at the Abuja consulate yesterday and was given my visa. ALL THE PRAISE GOES TO MY GOD.
I've been told to come back on Monday to collect my passport (my I-20 was returned to me, ) Can i go today Friday? Like late in the afternoon.??
I will post my experience soon and some top tips too. We serve a great God.

Congrats Morotioluwa. How did the interview go? Please share. Congrats again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2011
Congrat morotioluwa. . . you can go and pick it up today by 3pm
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2011
Congratulations to those of you who got visa and to those going to the embassy anytime soon i wish you all a successful interview. And for the Oga and Madam wain dey insult one another thank God for Nairaland wain make una connect to insult una self. My advice is; learn and focus on the reason why you are on this thread and secure your visa then enjoy contributing, it pays to be wise.

Love you All
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tboy02: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2011
@ HOUSE,

I was recently denied, can i re-apply Immediately for emergency.Date? my school resume on the 29-08. Plz, i want to know if my request will be granted before i pay d fees. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tboy02: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2011
Congrat morotioluwa,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2011
@recent activities on this thread.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

@morotioluwa,

I told you, God dey. Good to hear that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2011
djunit1
You have really proved to the world that you are senseless, silly, uncouth, & brainless. I am really sure that the Fluid and ovum that produced you were completely rotten. You talk and write without an iota of thinking. However, I am not surprised since you are an offspring of retards? Why am I convinced that you have a macabre culture of thoughtlessness and senselessness?

Aroy1 please no disrespect but what benefit are those words to this thread? just my simple question for you

I was recently denied, can i re-apply Immediately for emergency.Date?  my school resume on the 29-08. Plz, i want to know if my request will be granted before i pay d fees. Thanks.

T Boy i doubt if you can get an emergency date but i think if you stay up in search of a date u could possibly get one within 2-3days, I was in a similar situation last year, I was denied on a Monday and I got a date for Friday same week and i was issued a visa, mine was even in August, the date for resumption on my 1-20 was the following Monday but I made it through so it's up to you if you wanna give it a trial. I wish you all the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2011
Actually, giving some kind of advice can either help or demoralize. I don't think it necessary telling how hard it is out there as we all know but still notwithstanding. We are different people with different motives, different background and different plans/aspiration. We only meet here to share one thing in common which is internet.

Sometimes, its better ones predicament is kept to oneself as high negative publicity will be the order of the day. We all know that all fingers are not equal. This is one of the normal theories of life -- There is always struggle for existence among living things where the stronger will survive and produce. Still the weaker ones can evolve with time and survive too.

Let the issue like complaining, warning - ''you are on your own'', manner has stop falling from heaven, insulting and online fighting STOP! Lets face what this thread is meant to be please oooo.

cool cool ****** at work while Tupac - California love is playing in the background on the radio ********  cool cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2011
Bomby
Thanks alot my kinsman, i have nothing to ask only to help some of my homeboys to get some info right here & pass it to 'em cos they aren't on NL but they also applied for spring season, once been in sacramento, cali in 09' to visit mi sys & her new born baby by dat time & i don't a prob visiting again if i wanna only to help my pals get informations here thats all. Thanks man.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2011
@imperiouxx,can I chat with you please?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2011
@Biikeys,
Did you get my add yesterday? It started with ade and ended with a g.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
I didn't get it.don't know y.maybe u giv me urs and let me add you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
I have added you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
The African-American guy at the Lagos consulate is a bit strict.The African-American guy at the Lagos consulate is a bit strict.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by babatulla: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
@gbenge77 : why did say that ?, share Ur experience pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 702: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
Mature mindz stay put, u pple shud stop this nonsense abeg! any1 that insults after i post this whether right or wrong is a big fool and an enemy of progress!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
Hey! All you US based guyz should stop all this. Why are you guys killing the thread you once prove to loved? Why all this here? After getting what you want from here then the next is to come and scatter everything. Haba! Is it that you don't want it to exist anymore or you guyz planned to make people dislike it? You guyz don do meeting say make una spoil it, abi?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2011
You guys are Killing this thread, Please stop, many people needs your helps , past experience, so give it to them, stop fighting, pls,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
@House,

Who ever go interview yesterday and today in abuja should post their experience, it will be appreciated, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
@House, Is it necessary to go along with birth certificate or Declaration of age to interview?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
adolite

No, you do not need to. Your passport serves the same purpose, if not better.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
Congratulations @Morotioluwa!, still awaiting ur interview experience, pls come share.

All u guys causing wahala on this thread should better take time! angry, wetin sef
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2011
[b]@aroy1, [/b]Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
@Morotioluwa, pls post your experience,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lampy: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
I feel so honored to give my opinion on this topic. I went for my own interview in march this year, and to God be the glory, I'm presently having my Masters here in U.S. From my own little experience, I feel it takes a lot of preparations to go for the interview. You need to know why you want to study in U.S, your chosen course, how it relates to your field and future ambitions etc. I googled sample F1 visa interview questions and it gave me a very good idea of what to expect.

I noticed some few things during my interview and other people interviewed before me.  Apart from having the necessary paper work, its important to really know what you are doing, what you want to do and be so confident in everything you say. These people want the best for their country, and that's why they test your level of intelligence. Statistics have shown that nearly 80% of graduate students don't want to go back home immediately after their programs, and the truth is that the consular officers know that about everybody, no matter how much you try to convince them of your plan to come back. Having that in their minds already, the consular officers want you to prove that you can add something to their system and you just need to prove you have all it takes to succeed in your chosen field.

Above all, there is a special place of God in everything, cos there's absolutely nothing you can achieve without Him. So pray, and seek his face properly (depending on your faith) before you go for your interview. My own interview was a testimony. I still think of that day everyday.

All the best,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by morotioluwa: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2011
Got to the embassy. Went thru all the protocols. Then came the time for the real thing. The Consular officer at counter 6 at the Abuja was the only one available that afternoon. Of the five applicants interviewed before me, only one got the visa. The man was so meticulous- asking details of account and academic life. Had some tension building up on my inside but I calmed myself coz I had a conviction in my spirit that by God’s grace/ favour, I’ll get it anyway.
Then, the time came.(pls note, I have not written these interview in the exact order it transpired. Pardon me.)
I greeted him- not sure he responded. I passed my documents to him. He says I shud give himmy academic documents too(WAEC and degree certificate). I passed these docs to him and also brought out my test result forms (IELTS and GRE). He requests to see the test scores too. (all the while, he’s been typing things on his computer).
Vo: (Pointing at the percentile score on the quantitative analysis section) Do u know wat this means?
I: Yes
Vo: what does it mean?
I: it means dat percentage of test takers that day scored lower than me.
Vo: uhmm…it actually means the reverse.
I: oh yeah.dat’s rite.
Vo: (hands back my docs) Those are pretty good scores u av there.
I: yeah.
VO: (holding my degree certificate in hand and typin on his pc) So u graduated in 2008, so wat have u been doin since then?
I:Well, I’ve done the compulsory NYSC(not sure exactly the way I put it but at least dat was wat I meant to say), then I av done a certificate course in project management…
VO: (interrupts) project management?
I: yes (thot he’ll ask for the certificate but he didnt)
Vo: u did ur B.Sc in Engineering ****** so why are u doin ur M.Sc in general Physics
I: I presently work at a research center and I believe a M.Sc in physics and the international exposure will help me in my research work. (then I said sumtin like I’m really interested in condensed matter physics because it is related to my long term term career goals)
VO: can I see ur transcripts
I: yes (I gave him the students-copy of d document)
He scans thru it thoroughly. Nodding all the way. Then he asked a strange question…
Vo:…quantum physics…uhmmm…so wat is quantum physics?
I: told him some jargons about Q.P being the study of the statistical behavior of atoms and sub-atomic particles at the atomic level…bla bla bla bla… and some other jargons which probably didn’t make sense.
Vo:do u do some mathematical physics too?
I: yeah, I enjoy maths physics coz I av an analytical mind.
VO: do u know anytin abt strain theory?
I: yeah, I’ve heard of it b4 and I beliv a lot of research is goin on in that area at the moment. I’ve been focused on my research at the centre lately.
Vo: (takes an interested look at my I-20) so u got some funding from the school?
I: yeah
Vo: and the rest is coming from…uhmmm…
I:my work place (showed him some letters from my work place.)

Vo: (takes a cursory look at the documents) Yeah. (types on his PC again)
So why did u choose this university for ur M.Sc degree?
I: well, the low faculty-to-student ratio was of interest to me… (I wanted to say more coz I had a lot more to say but the man interrupted me again)
Vo: did u apply to MIT?
I: No. but I applied to Masdar at the UAE…
Vo: oh yeah.

Next I saw was, the man raised my I-20 to the glass and says “look at this (as if it had not been wit me all this while) it is your I-20, u’ll need it when you get off the plane”
I: ok.
Vo: (shows me another form) you’ll need this to pick up your passport on Monday or if u need anybody to pick it up for you, you use the reverse.
I: Thanks you.

The man didn’t even ask for proof that I’ll return to Nigeria like he did those b4 me. I guess he cud tell that I’m so comin back to our OBODO NAIJA. We need to make this place beta.

Here are my top tips for those still going.
1) Believe and trust in God. Obviously, He alone can make ur dreams come to pass.
2) Be confident and have a good attitude.
3) Have an answer to every question (Note: it doesn’t have to be the correct answer, but just say sumtin) Never look lost.
4) Don’t go there with multiple account statements. U’ll stutter while tryin to defend them. Go there wit one and be ready to defend it.
5) Keep it short and simple
6) No point trying to avoid any counter or consular officer, if you go there prepared and if u’re legit, u’ll get ur visa. So, PREPARE.
7) Dress well. Personally, no point wearing a suit…they were rejected. It’s the way u come across that matters. A shirt and trousers would do 4 both men and women.

I hope this helps someone.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2011
Please needed to ask you guyz something

, goes thus.
do you think a visa application can be refused based on the fact that no tuition is been paid. you know most school require you not to pay until you get there. cuz i got the feeling that an application can be refused based on the fact that not even part payment  of the tuition is been paid. please what do you think? am i right?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
I DEY LAUGH OH please let the quarell continue, very interesting
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
@Morotioluwa: Congrats ooooo. And thank you for sharing your experience. If you have the time, please return and offer your advice and assistance to others on this thread as often as possible. CHEERS!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
congrats morotioluwa. i thing that is actually string theory the man was talking about. your interview was very nice, i think that guy in window 6 is always impressed if you have great standardized test scores. wow, there was someone that day that came to do a masters in poultry science.

of course he was denied because he couldn't really defend himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.