Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547828 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teachme(m): 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
aroy1:

GboyegaD

So what did you score in the TOEFL test? Like I said, GRE is changing soon. The present materials, which I have, might no longer be suitable.

AROY RELEASE THE MATERIAL U HV N STOP BEHAVING LIKE A FOOL!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
teachme

When I first saw your previous post, I though I should recommend 1000mg of Tegretol (CR) for you. But on a 2nd thought, I realized that you can not be cured because lunacy resulting from excessive drug usage just has no cure!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2011
@GboyegaD

U must b readin my mind. Are u sayin dat l shd get a flight 2 new york(jfk) and book anoda flight 2 texas? Can it work dat way and is it more affordable?

Am goin 2 commerce, texas.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by teachme(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
aroy1:

teachme

When I first saw your previous post, I though I should recommend 1000mg of Tegretol (CR) for you. But on a 2nd thought, I realized that you can not be cured because lunacy resulting from excessive drug usage just has no cure!

grin grin grin lollll jst wanted u to yab! like d way put dem together!!!!

lolll, tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
mysterysng:

gt my visa like 2 hrs ago.abuja, gist you guys later.

@mysterysng: Congratulation. Where's the party at? Aboard the Plane? Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 4:02am On Aug 12, 2011
Hello guys, Just want to confirm how true this is!!!

A nigerian is now an interviewer at Lagos embassy shocked shocked shocked, How true is dat!!! Overheard 2 guys were denied today by him!!!

And congrats to mysterysng!!!

Success to those going for their interviews!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 4:09am On Aug 12, 2011
syndikate:

Hello All,

Who knows aw 2 gt d cheapest flight 2 Texas, wat l av bin c'in is nt surprisein. Also, who knows abt d services of emirate and royal air maroc?

your responces wil b appreciated.
syndikate:

@GboyegaD

U must b readin my mind. Are u sayin dat l shd get a flight 2 new york(jfk) and book anoda flight 2 texas? Can it work dat way and is it more affordable?

Am goin 2 commerce, texas.

Where in Texas are you going to ??

Calculate how much you will spend from Naija to NY and NY to TX and weigh it against flying straight from Naija to TX.

Check for fares and book directly @ the airlines' website (BA, KLM, Delta, Lufth, Emirates etc) , forget about wakanow and other agents.

Emirates might be your best bet but be ready to fly for 24hours, half way across the world (Naija to Dubai and Dubai to Houston).

Dunno much about Royal air Maroc, had a friend who used it and he had a "not very pleasant" experience.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by williams20(m): 7:13am On Aug 12, 2011
Great nairalanders,
i need information. I av admission letter and I-20 for a school in chicago. But its very expensive.how would i transfer or apply to a community college. What are the procedure, will be goimg to abuja soon.
You can reach me on
petertobi22@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:50am On Aug 12, 2011
williams20:

Great nairalanders,
i need information. I av admission letter and I-20 for a school in chicago. But its very expensive.how would i transfer or apply to a community college. What are the procedure, will be goimg to abuja soon.
You can reach me on
petertobi22@gmail.com. Thanks

That would be after your interview. From past issue like this, you have to have transferable credit in your school in chicago before you can be allowed to cross. Those guys in the system can explain better sa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2011
imperiouxx:

kaycome, I have the old materials for GRE if you need them. Aroy1, I won't mind getting the new materials too if you have them.

Good morning Imperiouxx,
I would appreciate if you could assist with the GRE materials you have. Kindly forward them to ebun_bose@yahoo.com. She intends writing the exam later this year.
Thank you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by williams20(m): 8:22am On Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for your reply.
Is it compulsory for me to attend the first sch before transferring to a college
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2011
@Nairaspace,very possible. He's d guy in counter 4. He interviewed me. I also taught he was Nigerian eventho he was speaking phonee. Ofcourse trust, his denial rate ws ridiculously high. He had this almost i-go-deal-with-all-of-una-today mischevious grin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2011
cheesy cheesy@ house!!!,@imperiouxx,@tonytone, I av been confirmed d next to Texas!!!!!!! I got my green tag @ the  Lagos embassy yesterday. You can call it d best or d easiest interview ever on dis thread. I have been absent from office for 2days,so i need to take care of d accumulated works. I will surely share my experience later.
finally, i am writing my own story in golden ink. Thank God! Aliamdulillah kesiran
grin grin grin
congrats to funsho nd Gboye. Wishing all oda applicants a successful outing.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by najones: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2011
next2_TX, Congratulation!!!!!!
Pls share your experience. My interview is also coming up soon. I believe I'll share my own testimony on here soon. For everyone who is going for intervew soon pls pray and there is nothing impossible for God. It's well IJN
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 11:58am On Aug 12, 2011
I got my visa at Lagos Consulate
My news is no longer new as Gboyeda has already informed you guys about the outcome of my interview but I think is ideal I share my experience.
I woke up 4:20 am and started arranging my document (don’t mind me I did this that morning, is cos I work more effectively closer to deadline)
Got there by 6:40am, did all the protocols. While waiting, I was enjoying the niaja-american guy wey just dey dash people visa, I was like this guy is cool. I didn’t see who was in counter 1 but I believe it would that lady so much talked about; that denied people without traveling experience. I was like hmm… God direct my path to whoever is going to issue me my visa because the system is so organized such that your tag number appears at a particular VO counter, so you don’t have any option
I don’t know what would happen when your number is called by the VO and you don’t respond to the call by the VO.
Then my number appeared at counter 1, when I got there, I was like you today, I don enter 1 chance today, God help as I have never traveled out of the Nigeria before. I Seme border that I go self, I no collect visa.

VO: can I have your document?
Me: pass them across as package after the biometrics

VO: Why are you going to the US
VO: I going to the US to study for my master degree

VO: Why do you want to study in the US?
Me: The quality of education in the US can never be overemphasized, as any certificate obtained there will mostly meet any requirements in any other part of the world especially in Nigeria. Also America take the lead when it comes to IT as most groundbreaking innovation that have stormed IT industry have emanated from the USA and I would like to study in an environment like that
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2011
VO: How did you learn about the school?
Me: I learned about the school we I was reading an Information System journal published by a professional body which I belong and came across an article by a Prof…, who is a from the school, so I Google the name of the school and was quite amazed by the depth and knowledge of the program
At some point while was talking she was busy with her computer and not listening but I continue to express myself.
Then when I finished, she asked

VO: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes

VO: So how many school did you apply to and which admitted you?
Me: 3, then I named them

VO: Which other one admitted you?
Me: University of Bridgeport

VO: Where is that one located?
ME: Connecticut

VO: Ok, so why did you applied to the other school then?
Me: Since I had decided I was to study for my master degree, I didn’t want to take chances, so I spread my options

VO: Does Bridgeport offer Computer major?
ME: Yes

VO: Of all the school in the US, why did you chose this school?
Me: (I thought for some second then I remember) I chose the school because it has a great faculty, flexible- practical-oriented course curriculum that seek to emphasis real business need and address real life IT solution

VO: There are more 50 states in the US why did you choose to study in this state?
Me: The state is known for good quality education, the school has the highest graduation and retention rate, which is an indication of student satisfaction in their studies. Also there are very religious people in the state. It is quite a relax environment, free from all those city distractions, I feel I will be able to concentration better in that kind of environment.

VO: Do you know anyone in the US?
Me: No

VO: Do you know anyone in the school?
Me: No

VO: Who is sponsoring your education?
Me: My father

VO: Can I have his statement
Me: Passed it across

VO: Went through it
Me: I was chilling for the next question

VO: When did you graduated from the University and what have you been doing?
Me: I graduated 2006, and proeeded for the mandatory NYSC programme which I completed in 2008. Since then I have worked in three different place in three different role, first as an…….and now as an IS Support Officer

VO: (Looking on the computer screen) Did you study Computer Science?
Me: No, I studied Computer Engineering in OAU

VO: Which area does your company specialize and what do you do there?
Me: It a manufacturing coy, I work as the IS Support Officer as most operation of the coy is automated; I am responsible for the network infrastructure……….
(At some point while I was talking I just tire so I stutter. I sha manage to finish wetin I dey talk)

VO: Which area of IT area are you going to specialize
Me: An aspect of IS known as E-commerce where……

Now came the dread question
VO: Have you even traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No, I have never had any reason to do so, but it is very important I do now because of the program

VO: What are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will like to work for some time in a multination coy……. Then start my own coy…. to offer …… in Nigeria

VO: Area you single or married?
Me: Am single
I asked her: Will you marry me? (Just kidding)

VO: Which course are you going to take under this programme
Me: Mention about seven of them

VO: Did you test any test, let me have the result
Me: Yes, passed across the result

VO: She said ok, picked a white paper and said am going to issued you the visa, pick it up at Lekki……
Me: Thank you.

I don’t think I said anything especial but I was well conducted, answered all the question spontaneously without even waiting a second the moment she ended each question cos I was prepared and I was audible enough and she listening almost all the answer and noting point with a red pen on a paper.
Almightily, I believed in God
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
I wanna say thank you ma friends Dizyfrenzy, GboyegaD, Sheway, myforumid3 and the entire house
Wish every other pp going for thier interview success.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
fun2sho:

I wanna say thank you ma friends Dizyfrenzy, GboyegaD, Sheway, myforumid3 and the entire house
Wish every other pp going for thier interview success.

Congrats once again Funsho. Funny enough, I did not notice the VO writing anything in my case.

next2_TX:

cheesy cheesy@ house!!!,@imperiouxx,@tonytone, I av been confirmed d next to Texas!!!!!!! I got my green tag @ the  Lagos embassy yesterday. You can call it d best or d easiest interview ever on dis thread. I have been absence from office for 2days,so i need to take care of d accumulated works. I will surely share my experience later.
finally, i am writing my own story in golden ink. Thank God! Aliamdulillah kesiran

grin grin grin

Congrats Next2_TX, where in TX are you going to and when do you intend travelling?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobell: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
@fun2sho, @Gboyeda, @Next2_TX, am so happy for u guys, plz my interview comes up on the 15th of dis month, @lagos, but am not going for masters am going for undergraduate, its my second interview sha, plz i want u guys to advise me on what to do and again am going for a 2yrs not a 4yrs,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
bobell:

@fun2sho, @Gboyeda, @Next2_TX, am so happy for u guys, plz my interview comes up on the 15th of dis month, @lagos, but am not going for masters am going for undergraduate, its my second interview sha, plz i want u guys to advise me on what to do and again am going for a 2yrs not a 4yrs,
Which degree course are you taking that is 2yrs program?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2011
bobell:

@bobell, FANKS!, 2YRS? diploma course or degree. pls specify.
@gboyegaD, congrats again, re u heading to TX?? wel,nextwk[b] thurs/friday[/b] .av u done any reservation? hook me on next2tx@yahoo.com.
drop urs here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2011
bobell:

My advice is do not get yourself too bothered about the duration. Just go with the mind that you are getting it. The more you get yourself worried the more you get tensed when you get to the interview. Therefore, assume all boldness and be confident enough to attend the interview.

next2_TX:

@bobell, FANKS!, 2YRS? diploma course or degree. pls specify.
@gboyegaD, congrats again, re u heading to TX?? wel,nextwk[b] thurs/friday[/b] .av u done any reservation? hook me on next2tx@yahoo.com.
drop urs here.

I have added you on yahoo messenger. My id starts with ade and ends with g.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
@house, what do you guys know about alitalia airline!!!!

Chi-Dalu:

@Nairaspace,very possible. He's d guy in counter 4. He interviewed me. I also taught he was Nigerian eventho he was speaking phonee. Ofcourse trust, his denial rate ws ridiculously high. He had this almost i-go-deal-with-all-of-una-today mischevious grin.

i heard from the same source that this particular consular spoke yoruba!!! shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
nairaspace:

i heard from the same source that this particular consular spoke yoruba!!! shocked shocked
I dont know who the consular is but during my presence there, there was one old woman that was replying the consular in yoruba during her interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
@fun2sho dat same wman interviewd me nd askd me d same questions exactly nd even more.she euen askd dat wat do i knw about d state where d skool is,nerd looking lady.bt i thank God 4 u sha
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by biikeys(m): 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hi everybody,
I am having my interview on the 15th of this month in Lagos but I couldn't collect my transcript from my school up till now.What I have with me is the photocopy of my 100L-500L results.Can I use this and what excuse do you think I can give the VO?
AWAITING A REPLY PLEASE AND URGENTLY.
Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2011
I really have to commend everyone that has contributed meaningfully to this thread, i must admit this is the most interesting thread on nairaland
even the beefs and arguments though sometimes volatile but still educative, i have taken my time to read every bit of it and i have some questions to ask which i believe a lot of people will benefit from, pls i want contribution from everyone,

PLEASE is this a potential red flag candidate?

He is 30 but still single,
He graduated 4 years ago with a B.Sc,
Currently working in an areas not related to what he studied in school, read geology but ended up as a
Biology and Geography teacher in a private sec. school,
Aspire to further his education in US in a course different from what he read, though a bit related (Geography)
He has not travelleved abroad before,
please i want contribution from everyone, will greatly appreciate it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
am sure one can easily start a consulting job with the experience from this thread grin abeg make una reply to my post ooooo,
from femilangy, gongo aso, oja p, dj unit, dizzy F, aroy, please everyone
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
@next,

I have been waiting to hearing from you this while. At one time worried i.e after 6pm yesterday. Thank God to hear you victorious. My time will soon come.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ Gboyega D,

please can you drop your mail for me either dummy or, , we need to rub minds on UNT
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
coolgb

I saw no red flag(s); if he is able to quickly think on his feet at the interview, he should be fine.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
Tanx aroy,
i no no if na crime to still be single at 30 or no travelling experience ooo,
cos i have read a lot of comments on this two here.
Tanx all the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.