Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547947 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2011
U get mouf babatulla,thanks a bunch,i will stick to d date i hav already.babatualle.lollllll
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 10:29am On Aug 09, 2011
Hello, Guys, Please Answer my questions and Advise me on what i should do about not having a test score, ??
thanks,

I wish Everyone going for Interview this year Best of Luck, But dont forget to disturb GOD so that GOD will disturb the V.O to issue the VISA , Amin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
@House,

pls my interview comes up Aug 15th, Lag Consular, can anybody suggest area of concentration for me as per undergraduate admission in Biological Sciences, likely questions pls!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobell: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2011
@Saylawchar, My too comes up on the 15th too @ lagos but dis is my second attempt sha, lets jst hope in GOD because with GOD all things are possible, My first attempt was on the 19th of july but i dnt jt knw what really whent wrong that day cos the VO on counter 2@lagos interviewed me and the funniest thing is that the GUY didnt look at any of my document at all and i did not even spend close to 3min with him, I jst pray we both see the favour of God that day cos i dnt think is how Intelligent u are but the favour of God matters alot, @House plz kindly help us with the areas of concentrations,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Saylawchar(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
bobell:

@Saylawchar, My too comes up on the 15th too @ lagos but dis is my second attempt sha, lets jst hope in GOD because with GOD all things are possible, My first attempt was on the 19th of july but i dnt jt knw what really whent wrong that day cos the VO on counter 2@lagos interviewed me and the funniest thing is that the GUY didnt look at any of my document at all and i did not even spend close to 3min with him, I jst pray we both see the favour of God that day cos i dnt think is how Intelligent u are but the favour of God matters alot, @House plz kindly help us with the areas of concentrations,

@bobell, i pray that the good Lord will favour us, am positive about mine and others who will attend visa interview that day. meanwhile add me up on yahoo thru my id: saylawcharles or you ping me 220BA543. cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
kentro201:

Hello, Guys, Please Answer my questions and Advise me on what i should do about not having a test score, ??
thanks,

I wish Everyone going for Interview this year Best of Luck, But dont forget to disturb GOD so that GOD will disturb the V.O to issue the VISA , Amin

Well, I guess it depends on the program you are admitted into. If the program doesnt require you to take a test score, explain that to the VO and possibly go with a proof. Exemptions for tests like TOEFL (english related stuffs) are always spelt out on the I20. I'm a graduate student and never sat for any test.
All the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2011
phy:

Well, I guess it depends on the program you are admitted into. If the program doesnt require you to take a test score, explain that to the VO and possibly go with a proof. Exemptions for tests like TOEFL (english related stuffs) are always spelt out on the I20. I'm a graduate student and never sat for any test.
All the best.

@phy, Is your major economics? If yes,pls can I know the school, thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ PHY  my Undergraduate major is economics and , graduate (masters) is also Economics, and its boldly spelt out on the i-20 that the school requires english proficiency and the applicant has english proficiency, Thanks, And i filled Neco on my ds-160 form and have been hearing people say NECO is not recognised?, Do i really need NECO or its only my transcripts and other academic certificate?, The school is CSUEASTBAY
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dizyfrenzy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
@kentrolevel: lol, and am sure you know why am laughing,
you sabi worry gaann o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2011
@kentro   , did you said you filled Neco in your DS 160?   

@ifecx4real, where are you? how did your interview goes?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
Toluth:

@phy, Is your major economics? If yes,pls can I know the school, thanks

No, but I'm in one of the CSUs.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
kentro201:

@ PHY  my Undergraduate major is economics and , graduate (masters) is also Economics, and its boldly spelt out on the i-20 that the school requires english proficiency and the applicant has english proficiency, Thanks, And i filled Neco on my ds-160 form and have been hearing people say NECO is not recognised?, Do i really need NECO or its only my transcripts and other academic certificate?, The school is CSUEASTBAY

Personally, I dont think there is any issue about it. I presented WAEC cert, photocopies of my transcript and other credentials at the embassy, but I noticed there was more attention on what i have on my transcript than the O'level. I guess the VO only checked the authenticity of the WAEC cert. Well, i dont know if procedure differs for NECO.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by folakemito: 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2011
Please House, let me knw if anybdy is leaving 4 Oklahoma City dis Sunday,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2011
not a good interview. about a min. mine came to an end before it kicked off,

V.O good afternoon
me good afternoon

v.o passport and ,
me passed to him

v.o after going tru it, y us
me, told him cause us was the best in health care studies and bein the 1st and only boy emphasis is placed on me getting a quality edu
(vo) - y community college, told him, stammered douh,
vo - how many schools did u apply for,
me - 1, though would av loved to apply for university of alabama,
vo do u know some 1 in alabama
me, yes my mothers bro.

where i knew was gonna hinder my chance

vo have u bin denied a us visa before
me yes(immigrant)
vo reason
me the stated that the relationship btw me and the petitioner was invalid(my moms husband)
vo did u take any entrance exam(while packaging my document for return)
me no the school wavied it(cuts me shot)
vo am sorry blah blah blah

was interviewd by d black guy on booth 4 wit a fake smile, looks nigerian douh wit yankee accent.

the african american guy in booth 5 had the higest rate of approval

the lady in both 1 is very disciplined, she"ll drill u. she takes nothing less than 4-5mins asking and asking. u just have to no how to hold ur ground wit ha and dont get lost, be bold.

the only person she gave under bsc and associate deg was 1 boy dat was going for aeronautic engineering after drilling him for like 5mins, dough his dad and mom where lecturers in a uni in 9ja . mehn d guy was good. even men told him wen he was done that they like his confidence.

But in all it was a good experience. Now weighing my options, either to reapply
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 10, 2011
folakemito:

Please House, let me knw if anybdy is leaving 4 Oklahoma City dis Sunday,

now we know you are leaving for oklahoma on sunday. thanks for the announcement. grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 10, 2011
ifecx4real:

V.O good afternoon
me good afternoon

v.o passport and ,
me passed to him

me, told him cause us was the best in health care studies and bein the 1st and only boy emphasis is placed on me getting a quality edu
me, yes my mothers bro.

me yes(immigrant)
vo reason
me the stated that the relationship btw me and the petitioner was invalid(my moms husband)

was interviewd by d black guy on booth 4 wit a fake smile, looks nigerian douh wit yankee accent.

the lady in both 1 is very disciplined, she"ll drill u. she takes nothing less than 4-5mins asking and asking. u just have to no how to hold your ground wit ha and dont get lost, be bold.

the only person she gave under bsc and associate deg was 1 boy dat was going for aeronautic engineering after drilling him for like 5mins, dough his dad and mom where lecturers in a uni in 9ja . mehn d guy was good.  even men told him wen he was done that they like his confidence.

When i saw "community college" i didnt need to read any further. Community colleges here are meant for either those who cannot afford high tuition, those who are basically not smart enough and have to take one credit here 2 credits there to obtain an associates. No one will give u a visa to go get an associates degree you can easily get here.

dont bother to re-apply, you will be denied again. Go back and apply to serious colleges.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:41am On Aug 10, 2011
ifecx4real:

V.O good afternoon
me good afternoon

v.o passport and ,
me passed to him

me, yes my mothers bro.

me yes(immigrant)
vo reason

the lady in both 1 is very disciplined, she"ll drill u. she takes nothing less than 4-5mins asking and asking. u just have to no how to hold your ground wit ha and dont get lost, be bold.

the only person she gave under bsc and associate deg was 1 boy dat was going for aeronautic engineering after drilling him for like 5mins, dough his dad and mom where lecturers in a uni in 9ja . mehn d guy was good. even men told him wen he was done that they like his confidence.

Bros sorry but even if you change the school it will be still difficult because you applied as an immigrant before. Them go always think say you wan migrate since you have shown interest before
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 10, 2011
djunit1:

Bros sorry but even if you change the school it will be still difficult because[b] you applied as an immigrant before[/b]. Them go always think say you wan migrate since you have shown interest before

i didnt even see that earlier. Bros just consider any non-immigrant visa application to the US goodbye. Try Canada.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:13am On Aug 10, 2011
Hi Nairalanders .

I've been in the US for 2 weeks now.So far America is more of reality.No two ways about it.You pay tax for everything (No exceptions).

So far been enjoying myself.You just got to have money here.Everything is Bills.

One warning ! If you think you want to use the F-1 visa to come to America and hide or not appear in school.Please have a rethink.You can't get a decent job without an ID here.You can't even do a lot.first thing they ask here is a valid id for everything and anything.You just have to stay legal.

It's reality down here.BILLS BILLS BILLS. Just 2 weeks here and have already had Auto debit to my account,Rent-Auto,Student insurance-Auto Monthly.Utilities-Auto. You can't escape it except you want to live in the forest.

There is constant power supply but i still switch off all the light bulbs,and use only when needed.

I went to Walmart for Groceries.I see a price tag $10 and think it's final.wait when you get to the payment counter.You see plus TAX $11.94.

TYPICAL CAPITALIST ECONOMY - PROFIT DRIVEN ECONOMY.
All to make money.
Stay way from the sweet adverts.It's a lie. Once you sign up.You pay monthly and it is AUTO.

Learning.But kinda like it though

My school starts August 22nd.Having little fun here.

America home of the free,Land of the brave !!!.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ILvNola: 4:27am On Aug 10, 2011
fris:

Hi Nairalanders .

I've been in the US for 2 weeks now.So far America is more of reality.No two ways about it.You pay tax for everything (No exceptions).

So far been enjoying myself.You just got to have money here.Everything is Bills.

One warning ! If you think you want to use the F-1 visa to come to America and hide or not appear in school.Please have a rethink.You can't get a decent job without an ID here.You can't even do a lot.first thing they ask here is a valid id for everything and anything.You just have to stay legal.

It's reality down here.BILLS BILLS BILLS. Just 2 weeks here and have already had Auto debit to my account,Rent-Auto,Student insurance-Auto Monthly.Utilities-Auto. You can't escape it except you want to live in the forest.

There is constant power supply but i still switch off all the light bulbs,and use only when needed.

I went to Walmart for Groceries.I see a price tag $10 and think it's final.wait when you get to the payment counter.You see plus TAX $11.94.

TYPICAL CAPITALIST ECONOMY - PROFIT DRIVEN ECONOMY.
All to make money.
Stay way from the sweet adverts.It's a lie. Once you sign up.You pay monthly and it is AUTO.

Learning.But kinda like it though

My school starts August 22nd.Having little fun here.

America home of the free,Land of the brave !!!.

I see you are in Louisiana, do you attend University Of Louisiana Lafayette or Louisiana State University?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidylanI: 4:32am On Aug 10, 2011
I tire for this spambot oh!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:33am On Aug 10, 2011
@I*L*vNola

LC -Louisiana College.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidylanI: 4:34am On Aug 10, 2011
@ fris

Even in the forest you are not safe. You still have to pay  for park permit, hunting license e.t.c.  grin

Take your bills off autopay dude. pay manually so you can easily challenge any bogus charge on your bills. You'd be surprised how many silly charges you will find that you can easily get waived by making a phone call to the company.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:38am On Aug 10, 2011
@davidylanI

Laughing out loud here ! I almost forgot. Even in the forest you pay TAX. Very True.

The Auto payment is easier to me cause you hardly see cash.I don't like checks. So yeah Auto is good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:39am On Aug 10, 2011
@davidylan and djunit1,

I'm so impressed by your comments. Absolute and precise.

@ifecux4real,

Na the dub be that ooo bro. Consider these two words -- community college and intended immigrant. Both bad for issuing non-immigrant visa.

@fris,

Always newcomer's experience. Soon join the train too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ILvNola: 4:43am On Aug 10, 2011
fris:

@I*L*vNola

LC -Louisiana College.

Oh ok, You are 1:40 Min away from me, Anyway, Goo luck,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:47am On Aug 10, 2011
@I*L*vNola

That's like Baton Rogue. or LSU

Safe !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidylanI: 4:47am On Aug 10, 2011
fris:

@davidylanI

Laughing out loud here ! I almost forgot. Even in the forest you pay TAX. Very True.

The Auto payment is easier to me cause you hardly see cash.I don't like checks. So yeah Auto is good.

auto is never good unless you have plenty of extra cash to burn. Besides companies like you auto guys because they can charge you those sneaky little payments you never notice until you look at your bank balance. I always like to have my bills at hand and i pay online, that way if i see any sneaky claim i call straight and have it removed sharp sharp. I have actually had phone and cable bills waived for a month. I had my directv bill reduced by a good $40 just by a single 10 min phone call.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ILvNola: 4:50am On Aug 10, 2011
fris:

@I*L*vNola

That's like Baton Rogue. or LSU

Safe !

I was in University Of New Orleans (UNO) before i transferred down here University Of Louisiana Lafayette(ULL) 45 mins to Baton Rouge and 1:30mins to New Orleans,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:56am On Aug 10, 2011
@I*L*vNola

Nice.I was in Baton Rogue(Downtown) on Sunday.Love it there.More of African- American Population.

Lafayette is quiet and cool more like where i live.

Take care.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ILvNola: 5:02am On Aug 10, 2011
fris:

@I*L*vNola

Nice.I was in Baton Rogue(Downtown) on Sunday.Love it there.More of African- American Population.

Lafayette is quiet and cool more like where i live.

Take care.

Have a good one and Take it easy man! Success, If you want to hang out any weekend here or New Orleans holla @ me lets go have fun,

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.