Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,316 members, 7,846,394 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547192 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
gongo aso:

^^^ok chief, u d boss  cool

Sevis fee is the fee paid by all intending non-immigrants to the US (all students and others) while the i20 is a document sent to you by your school after you are admitted and sent in financial statements to help support your visa application.

Time ranges from few weeks to few years  tongue

get to work too friend and read all previous pages  tongue u av no much tym.lol ha ha ha ha ha ha 
grin cheesy grin
tnks man u're d man.as frm nw on u wll b d one 2 answer my questions.lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2010
nethacker:

Not more than a week my guy
@ d bolded,both means d same thing so dont let grammar dabaru everything for your eyes grin . ati affidavit of support oo ati sponsor's reference letter ooo, same ni grin
gongo aso:

The embassy hardly goes into details on the account statements, but then a one- week old transaction on the account will be superbly ideal cheesy

@Godeagle,
It’s best if the docs you are taking to the embassy are original, else photocopies or notarized copies will do just fine. This excludes bank account statements for obvious reasons.

Many thanks guys. smiley grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
Yep, you must submit original statement of account if you are asked for one during interview. Though i've seen some people get their visa without been asked for statement but you must take it along.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2010
Weldone guys, i must commend the love shown here

I need suggestions. . .

I received my I-20 yesterday, about filling DS-156,157,158 forms and im having problems as i quite dunno how to answer some of the qxtns.

I dont have a place to stay yet, im considering living on-campus but i havent paid,

How do i answer the ''what address would you stay in the us'' column?.
Name and Address of Present Employer or School (I work, I school, . .which should i pick?)
Present Occupation?
Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business
Do You Intend To Work in The U.S.? (I would like to work o)

How did you guys fill these parts? gimme suggestions o abeg

Plus i dint sit for TOEFL and SAT o, do i really need it? undecided 9ja na english speaking country na.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
steve49ja:

Weldone guys, i must commend the love shown here

I need suggestions. . .

I received my I-20 yesterday, about filling DS-156,157,158 forms and im having problems as i quite dunno how to answer some of the qxtns.

I dont have a place to stay yet, im considering living on-campus but i havent paid,

How do i answer the ''what address would you stay in the us'' column?.
Name and Address of Present Employer or School (I work, I school, . .which should i pick?)
Present Occupation?
Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business
Do You Intend To Work in The U.S.? (I would like to work o)

How did you guys fill these parts? gimme suggestions o abeg

Plus i dint sit for TOEFL and SAT o, do i really need it? undecided 9ja na english speaking country na.

hI,

write the address of your school there
pick the bet to ur knowledge or mayeb both?
u r a student so 4get tourisn or busness section
write NO
no need of dat just tell dem dat ur school does not request dat

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2010
Thanks man. . . but uhhhhhm

Im trying to place ya answers to my qxtns

How do i answer the ''what address would you stay in the us'' column?. -- write the address of your school there

Name and Address of Present Employer or School (I work, I school, . .which should i pick?) ---pick the bet to your knowledge or mayeb both?. . . . .dont understand

Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business- - -u r a student so 4get tourisn or busness section

Do You Intend To Work in The U.S.? (I would like to work o) --- write NO

Plus i dint sit for TOEFL and SAT o, do i really need it? 9ja na english speaking country na. ---no need of dat just tell dem dat your school does not request dat

Please confirm and explain a lil, just dont wan make any mistake wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abuseay(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]
@ Poster !!!

How do i answer the ''what address would you stay in the us'' column?.- Whats the Address of your School?

Name and Address of Present Employer or School - Where do you work? Write it !! When you get to the embassy, Maintain that you are working , well I hope the Job pays well, Better still be ready to give them good figures when they ask how much you earn, and Know the responsibilites of the job you do, be Confident,

Present Occupation- write your present Job,

Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business- Check the website of ur school and U will find the information you need to fill the form, Phone Number etc,

Do You Intend To Work in The U.S.? Write NO

Plus i dint sit for TOEFL and SAT o, do i really need it? Undecided 9ja na english speaking country na.
[/size][/size][/size]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abuseay(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
Plus i dint sit for TOEFL and SAT o, do i really need it? Undecided 9ja na english speaking country na.- Well If you can get a Letter from your Departments Grad Cordinator or International Office Stating You did not need to write /Submit the Scores, then You are good to go.

GOOD LUCK MAN !! and dont forget to pay for ur SEVIS !!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2010
Thanks man.

Ill contact the schl now to send me an exemption letter if that would be possible. . .im using my dad as sponsor so does me working matter or my present income? plus me saying no to intending to work would that affect me in any way cos i would actually like to work.

Help me out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abuseay(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2010
[/color][color=#990000][color=#770077]Thanks man.

Ill contact the schl now to send me an exemption letter if that would be possible. . .im using my dad as sponsor so does me working matter or my present income? plus me saying no to intending to work would that affect me in any way cos i would actually like to work.

Help me out
[/color]

Hey Man,

Nice to KNow u going to contact the school, Good Luck on that. The Consular does not want to hear that you intend to work in Most cases, and You are supposed to have all ypur finances sorted before you leave Naija, Mhmm, Dont go there and say U wanna go work ooo, U are a Student and all you going to do is Study, When you get there things will fall in lace, that does not mean you cant work, I think in some cases you will have to finish the first year before you can work outside the school, not Sure about that, but you will definitely find a job in ur School, BTW dont put ur mind on it, Be Prepared for the Worst case scenario,

ALl said what you need right now is the VIsa so focus on that, No Intent to work, Simple as ABC.

Telling the Consular you have a Job will simply boost you Chances, that Implies, you are comfortable here and since your Dad is doing the sponsoring then You are good to go, You have no problem, O boy Just be Confident, pray and God will do the Impossible,

Am tired ooo, Good Luck Man !!! smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 1:58pm On Jan 05, 2010
Guy abeg hit me on yim make we talk abeg. . . im feeling blonde about this
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2010
Wow - Missed two whole pages embarassed

Happy New Year Daddy, Nethacker, Suxes, Johnu and others . .
I see yall are on a roll here answering questions quickly . .
una well done o kiss kiss kiss

@Abuseay- welcome, I see you making yourself at home kiss wink

@Suxes- were u able to see your SEvis Reciept? It defintely should be there by now . . let me check myself . .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Suxes- You payment has been recieved by SEVIS I checked online myself.
You can check it yourself at the Sevis Website using your Sevis ID# , Surname, and Date of Birth

If for some odd reason you cannot access it, I have printed the electronic reciept and converted it into a PDF file and sent it to your email.

Print and you should be  ready to go.

How far with the financial documents?

Send me a mail,

Take Care kiss

@echo- ORGINAL Documents for everything!!!You shouldnt be considering using photocipies! Dont give them a reason to deny you. Its not worth arguing, get the Orginals! Fini! angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2010
platinumnk:

@Suxes- You payment has been recieved by SEVIS I checked online myself.
You can check it yourself at the Sevis Website using your Sevis ID# , Surname, and Date of Birth

If for some odd reason you cannot access it, I have printed the electronic reciept and converted it into a PDF file and sent it to your email.

Print and you should be ready to go.

How far with the financial documents?

Send me a mail,

Take Care kiss

@echo- ORGINAL Documents for everything!!!You shouldnt be considering using photocipies! Dont give them a reason to deny you. Its not worth arguing, get the Orginals! Fini! angry

Thanks alot. I got the receipt and i av printed it. The financial documents are ready. In-case you are able to reach nethacker, kindly help talk to him about the appointment

@nethacker: Av u booked any appointment for me online? I tried using the receipt but couldnt get through. Wat up? Let me know the time you booked so that I can resend the enquiry. The consular asked me to send the date i booked online.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 06, 2010
@ suxes all the best bro.

But i tink its high time u start learning hw to do things on your own,theres nothing nethacker is doing on your behalf that you cant do on our own ,trust me. wink wink wink

My heart really prays for you bro. smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 1:53am On Jan 06, 2010
femilangy:

But i tink its high time u start learning hw to do things on your own,theres nothing nethacker is doing on your behalf that you cant do on our own ,trust me. wink wink wink

Tnx bro.

He said he's gonna help secure an interview date dats why i sent him my payment details and i am yet to hear from him as the stuff is not going online, dnt know maybe he has booked d appointment,

@nethacker: Plz we need to talk time is goin oooooooooooooooooo

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 6:24am On Jan 06, 2010
femilangy:

you just spoke my mind walahi cheesy
suxes, u are mostly online, you really should try doing most of these stuffs yourself. trust me, it aint rocket science wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2010
gongo aso:

you just spoke my mind walahi cheesy
suxes, u are mostly online, you really should try doing most of these stuffs yourself. trust me, it aint rocket science wink

Thanks man. I was able to secure a date yday. So i sent another mail to the consular with the date i secured online. I hope he will help book tomorrow or friday for d interview. How are you guys?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2010
@suxes

aiight, wish u best of lucks,

but if you have secured a date, then why writing the consular again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2010
Any of you guys in California.I landed on Monday the security POE was made but i made it through.
Wishing Visa Hopefuls the best of luck.
Nethacker where you go
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2010
smile4kenn:

@suxes

aiight, wish u best of lucks,

but if you have secured a date, then why writing the consular again.

Yeah i secured feb 9 which does not correspond with the date i want that is why i wrote them again.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
suxes2005:

Yeah i secured feb 9 which does not correspond with the date i want that is why i wrote them again.

SHALOM

Guy abeg we get talk. Hit me on yim when next you get on.
WHERE NETHACKER? embarassed cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
steve49ja:

Guy abeg we get talk. Hit me on yim when next you get on.
WHERE NETHACKER? embarassed cheesy

Sure, u can ask ur questions here and let the house conribute, my yim is pear_prince

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
Hi anyone know mow much this stupid pant bomber have affected chances of getting study visas?
Anyone with an embassy experience since dec 25th? Pls lets hear it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Phony200(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
^^^^Pant bomber, lol. It's not affected anything to the best of my knowledge. Visa are still being issued to the deserving and lucky. Had a 5-0 experience last week so it's all well and good. Try not to let that cloud your mind but you might as well be clean-shaven smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
^^^lol
grin cheesy grin

suxes
another reason you should learn to do this things yourself is for experience and knowledge.
plus realize nethacker will not be available for you always too.
I know he's willing to help but there will be many times he won't be chanced
smiley

goes for all calling for hacker's head lipsrsealed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
gongo aso:

^^^lol
grin cheesy grin

suxes
another reason you should learn to do this things yourself is for experience and knowledge.
plus realize nethacker will not be available for you always too.
I know he's willing to help but there will be many times he won't be chanced
smiley

goes for all calling for hacker's head lipsrsealed

padi mi ose jare wa jere, i no too get time again cos school don resume so i dey try fix somethings too. Anyway i dey here for u guys ok?
oyewole i dey here ooo i no run tongue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2010
Hello all,

Please need You all to assist me, i want to knw if i can apply with my OND result to study in USA as an undergraduate. Kindly inbox your number( nethacker)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2010
with due respect, kindly assist me on getting admission to any usa school.am also surfing the net 2 about.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewsmt: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
Hummmmm, my resumes on monday and my appointment is being scheduled to 5th feb 2010. Please advise me on what to do between now and monday. School already told me they can not send me another I-20 but the latest date i can resume to school is 18th Jan. 2010, what do i need to do my people in house. Nethacker, the guy messed up with me and gave me fake appointment letter. TIRED!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2010
Some1 pls help. i need information abt schooling US wiv OND result. some 1 pls put me through, u guys are doing great work on this thread and i will like to benefit frm it. kindly inbox ur numba khunleah@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ayosco2008(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2010
pls can someone get a schorlaship wit a SAT score os 1560

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.