Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 (47025 Views)

Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road. / Truck Crushes A Toyota Highlander At Fadeyi, Ikorodu Road (photos) / Two Bike Men In Accident On Ikorodu Road (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
LamLam15:

The last time I visited, I was duped by your brothers that sold half sand, half Zinc to me as complete Zinc (Zn) making me to loose a lot of money. You don't need to tell me what the place looks like cos am perfectly aware.

I don't hate the igbos, on the contrary I have a quite number of fantastic ones (as business partners. Even met some in the North) but the bulk of others are blind to see the truth or maybe they can see but can't comprehend.

Lmfao. Thieves full Nigeria n u were unintelligent n that was why they duped u.

Now I see SW are the people who always see d truth. SWste.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by logica(m): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The Igbos were making great strides in education back then....covering up the gap between them and the SW.

(And if you mist recall....the first Nigerian VC of the University of Ibadan was.........an Igbo man. .Prof Kenneth Dike.).

And I am not Ibo by the way....or Yoruba.
Right. The man was made VC by Mr Zik of Africa (the "Pan Africanist" ) and all of a sudden out of 112 members of staff, 109 were Igbo imported straight from Igbo heartland while 3 were Yoruba. Is that what you referred to as "making great strides...covering up the gap..."?
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Sobeautiful: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
Has the picture been verified?
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

Lie? Why would I lie? Impress who? I'm simply stating facts, it's not my fault that you appear to be ignorant about the country you live in. Or should I say claim to live in... since you were so quick to assume I would lie about a trivial thing - my location.

...sweery do u realizce how many chick try to impress me on nairaland?... U no in Lagos or enugu but still,u muss try to impress me becuz ama London...abi?....loookhear sweery,the good news foe u is That ama lover not a fighter...the bad news for u is that if u keep liein..u will never get the shance to link me..sO..SWEET HART..PLIS STOP LIEIN!! angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by truthfulguy: 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Colonial rule was absolutely rubbish.

My father showed my an area in Onikolobo in Abeokuta in 1951. Jeez. I wonder what the rulers were doing then. Were they ruling the entire country or just picked one or two places to develop and live in?

The really finished us.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
So was it no man's land? grin grin grin

Your are dumb

1. That is a truism- a statement of fact.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
tkcosby02:

The Igbos were still wearing leaves thent grin
hahaha!!! purrfect reply!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by cao(f): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

...sweery do u realizce how many chick try to impress me on nairaland?... U no in Lagos or enugu but still,u muss try to impress me becuz ama London...abi?....loookhear sweery,the good news foe u is That ama lover not a fighter...the bad news for u is that if u keep liein..u will never get the shance to link me..sO..SWEET HART..PLIS STOP LIEIN!! angry
Your grasp of written English is terrible, are you sure you're in London* and not small London in Abbriba (I can't spell that place to save my life)? You appear not to know the London Underground, National Rail or the Metro newspaper. You seem to think that London is the only city in England. You really need to expand your horizon sweety, stop hanging out with mandem and live a little.

*Although, I've come across a few English people with a terrible grasp of both written & spoken English...
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by LamLam15: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Lmfao. Thieves full Nigeria n u were unintelligent n that was why they duped u.

Now I see SW are the people who always see d truth. SWste.

Now you are behaving like a typical ibo boy. I bet you simply don't understand the word "trust". Good businesses are built on trust while bad ones on deceit. The same product is available in Ekiti, Niger, Nasarawa, Jos etc and I have been buying from the options.

Your brothers are foolish enough to bank on one transaction (short run) to milk me while they can make million folds in the long run.

Now you see why the SE will remain in the shadow of the west considering the fact that they bank on people like you as their future.

A case of when the supposed smartest became the dullest.

I know you are a small boy, only trying to enlighten you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Ephemmm: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bifwoli:
You mean to tell me that back in 1947 the very proud Yellowbars had not discovered tar for roads?

Haha,yet here daily we're bombarded with boasts of how advanced the South West is.

slowpoke! Why can't you show us the tarred roads from Biafra then?
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by phytosapiens(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bifwoli:
You mean to tell me that back in 1947 the very proud Yellowbars had not discovered tar for roads?

Haha,yet here daily we're bombarded with boasts of how advanced the South West is.
why re u so tribalistic in ur assessment? where re u from exactly? or did u fall from heaven?
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

Your grasp of written English is terrible, are you sure you're in London* and not small London in Abbriba (I can't spell that place to save my life)? You appear not to know the London Underground, National Rail or the Metro newspaper. You seem to think that London is the only city in England. You really need to expand your horizon sweety, stop hanging out with mandem and live a little.

*Although, I've come across a few English people with a terrible grasp of both written & spoken English...

..sharrrap...am I on yor level?...hav u been to London? .. can u areford to drive £28,000 (cash) range rover spot......sweeery ....girs like u can never have the shance to date Londoner like me coz u very rudes & u from the village.......carry on wit thise attitude and truss me...u will never find man on nairaland!!!! Goat....by the way, are u even lightskin sef? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Cutehector(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

..sharrrap...am I on yor level?...hav u been to London? .. can u areford to drive £28,000 (cash) range rover spot......sweeery ....girs like u can never have the shance to date Londoner like me coz u very rudes & u from the village.......carry on wit thise attitude and truss me...u will never find man on nairaland!!!! Goat....by the way, are u even lightskin sef? undecided
my man grin
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by gbaskiboy: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
So was it no man's land? grin grin grin
always first to comment, I bow for u oo grin
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by gbaskiboy: 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
WukedP:
So how is it now? Cos am from damascus
if u like make u come from Egypt
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

...u want to compare me..a whole Londoner..fine boy no pimples....to thiose yor home base mechanic lookin boy friends with tribal mark.....sweeery truss me...the stand no shance on earth & I aint on there level......ok u claim in from London..what bus come to pekam?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by wisefizz(m): 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
hensben:
chai! see wetin u reduce that guy land to..#wikid grin

Laffa grin
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by cao(f): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

...u want to compare me..a whole Londoner..fine boy no pimples....to thiose yor home base mechanic lookin boy friends with tribal mark.....sweeery truss me...the stand no shance on earth & I aint on there level......ok u claim in from London..what bus come to pekam?? undecided
MrCork:

It's a shame you think so lowly of yourself. For the umpteenth time London is not the only city in England. You don't even appear to know the name of any other county in England. When did I claim I was looking for a man? You really are narrow minded and rather thick. Now you're asking me for a bus to Peckham, when did I become a Transport for London representative? You better go to tfl.gov.uk website and use the Journey Planner.

Anywho, it was an absolute pleasure "talking" to you, maybe you'll relocate from London or wherever you might actually reside and learn more about England. Maybe you'll even learn the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Goodnight and good luck, I'll no longer derail this thread by responding to you.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by JD419: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
ELTON123:

Loll make I just de observe cool
igbos are all in lagos.......who will develop their roads..mtcheewww
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by wildikeman(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yet it was safe
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
LamLam15:

Now you are behaving like a typical ibo boy. I bet you simply don't understand the word "trust". Good businesses are built on trust while bad ones on deceit. The same product is available in Ekiti, Niger, Nasarawa, Jos etc and I have been buying from the options.

Your brothers are foolish enough to bank on one transaction (short run) to milk me while they can make million folds in the long run.

Now you see why the SE will remain in the shadow of the west considering the fact that they bank on people like you as their future.

A case of when the supposed smartest became the dullest.

I know you are a small boy, only trying to enlighten you.

Lmao, sai Methuselah.

igbos have been in business long before the Yoruba n igbos rule the commerce industry in Nigeria. If we are all thieves, how come our businesses are still everywhere around the world.

Ur talk about igbos being a shadow of SW is sooo laughable, normal SWaste chest beating.

I know SW wella, only Akure n portions of Lagos developed, other places look like nsukka.

We beat u in all things, education, business, n all what not. deal wit it.

As for ur age stuff, forget it bro, don't go there.

Finally, don't source for baseless businesses to buy from n also learn ur trade properly . its a shame u can't identify the zinc ur looking for..
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by LamLam15: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Lmao, sai Methuselah.

igbos have been in business long before the Yoruba n igbos rule the commerce industry in Nigeria. If we are all thieves, how come our businesses are still everywhere around the world.

Ur talk about igbos being a shadow of SW is sooo laughable, normal SWaste chest beating.

I know SW wella, only Akure n portions of Lagos developed, other places look like nsukka.

We beat u in all things, education, business, n all what not. deal wit it.

As for ur age stuff, forget it bro, don't go there.

Finally, don't source for baseless businesses to buy from n also learn ur trade properly . its a shame u can't identify the zinc ur looking for..

You are younger than I thought.

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by darmochy1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bifwoli:

I.diot
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

It's a shame you think so lowly of yourself. For the umpteenth time London is not the only city in England. You don't even appear to know the name of any other county in England. When did I claim I was looking for a man? You really are narrow minded and rather thick. Now you're asking me for a bus to Peckham, when did I become a Transport for London representative? You better go to tfl.gov.uk website and use the Journey Planner.

Anywho, it was an absolute pleasure "talking" to you, maybe you'll relocate from London or wherever you might actually reside and learn more about England. Maybe you'll even learn the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Goodnight and good luck, I'll no longer derail this thread by responding to you.

...SWEERY STOP LIEING MEEENNNN ..I DRIVE £28,000(CASH) RANGE ROVET SPOT MEANIN I CAN GET ANY WOMENS I WANT INCLUDIN U..be nice & u stand a good Shance...I no u liein u been to London but still plis act like a lady & stop derailing the thread

.STOP DERAILIN THE THREAD!

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
..the CAO chick juss came outter nowear claim she was ridin a train call metro....chewpiid lie...we don't hav any train calls metro...we only hav magazine calls metro..BUSTED!!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by arsenal33: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bifwoli:

better than south beasts

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
LamLam15:

I drop fact for South West pipo, I don't argue wit dem...
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
LamLam15:

I drop fact for South West pipo, I don't argue wit dem...
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MarieSucre(f): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
I looooooove history and old pictures.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by abercrombie(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
cryDatz when ma grand ma use to say....iraanu abasha
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Rogbese(m): 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

More like most people back then did not have cars.

Road construction increased when the number of cars on the road went up. Simples.

(Nigeria did have a good railway system back then!)

I agree. What I was alluding to was the fact that there were no settlements at all there. Seems unlikely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abraham Airaodion Honoured In Dubai For Returning N12M Forgotten In His Taxi / Boeing 737 Plane Falls Into St John River In USA; 21 Injured / Danfo Slams A Skater On Highway In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.