Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar (3675 Views)

U.N Suspends Food Distribution As IDPs Attack Them For Giving Them Small Food / 12 Days After, Kidnapped Deeper Life Pastor Regains Freedom / Fuel-Carrying Tanker Hits Shops In Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by femur5(m): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
As if it were a Nollywood movie, 13th June, 2015 remains one that raises questions on who gives out in marriage; whether it is the parent or the church. This is against the backdrop of a wedding cancellation that occurred in the Deeper Life Bible Church in Calabar.

It was a Saturday morning that witnessed the intended couple or celebrants already dressed and already in church, and as well families, friends, relatives, colleagues, brethren and many well-wishers alike present to witness or grace the solemnization of the couple whom already had concluded their traditional marriage and court registration.

After waiting for hours, a norm to interview the couple was observed; only to see the location pastor in the church then come up to announce the cancellation of the wedding for reason being that the couple had admitted to have embraced each other before, after the traditional wedding.

Wow! This wasn’t a fiction! ….a decision for a couple had sought parental consent, carried out their dowry payment, traditional marriage and court registration? As an outsider, I consider THIS WAS A HARSH DECISION FROM THE PASTOR!

It then raises the question, WHEN and WHERE does marriage begin? If this pastor was right, what then is the fate of the people of bible age who never went to the church to consummate their marriage?

MY THOUGHT:
I would have advised the pastor to have taken a second thought before taking such a nascent decision especially bothering on;
- the irreparable financial cost of the couple
- the psychological trauma caused to the couple
- degradation and humiliation to the couple’s family at large
- the fate of his church after such a baseless decision

Oh! How it pierces my heart to hear about such puerile and inimical decision made by a no-rank-and-file church leader. But for God sake, why will the intended couple be interviewed on the very day of marriage solemnization? Is this not syncretism? Or is it that the minister wants to score a cheap plus or to be applauded by his laity as well as the General Overseer?
THIS IS PREJUDICE!
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by MosakuAW(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by freshness2020: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmmm. Just because of "holy embrace ? Very speechless on this!
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by mymadam(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
To me it appears to be archaic, to say the least. However, if both families have been long-time members of Deeper Life Bible Church, they ought to know AND embrace the church's doctrine. On second thoughts however, there might as well be something else behind the pastor's brave decision. Did they confess that they'd had pre-marital sex? In that case, we all know DLBC's stance on this. Good luck to all involved.
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by femur5(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
no premarital sex was involve.
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Ecclesiastes 7:16 - Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise. Why should you destroy yourself?

This is what happens when people we call 'men of God' enact strict and strange doctrines all in a bid to be seen as extra righteous. The bible was clear about fornication. Hugging, shaking and normal kissing (maybe not french kiss) are not part of fornication except you have a dirty mind like these so-called pastors do.
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 27, 2015
Stupidity is waking up early in the morning to attend a church such as that but madness is attending the said church and leaving one's brains behind.

So if Deeper Life church refuses to wed them, they will not be regarded as couple having done traditional and statutory wedding abi?

Cluelessness is all over Nigeria honestly. undecided
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by southernbelle(f): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2015
this is what happens when we decide to make human beings like us our gods, we worship and reverence them and even fear their judgement more than God's own. i feel for the couple and their families angry

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by ebamma(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2015
southernbelle:
this is what happens when we decide to make human beings like us our gods, we worship and reverence them and even fear their judgement more than God's own. i feel for the couple and their families angry
though am neither religious nor a fan of deeper life doctrines,
But the deal here , deeper life got it own rules, if you are a member , you have got to keep them, the bride and groom are adults, if the were tired of adhering to deeper life rules, the best thing The could have done was to take the wedding to another church and quit deeper life for good,

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by femur5(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
they family members nearly pull down the mini gate( that leads to location pastor quatres) with justified
annoyance. There was a serious drama and confusion. We guest have not witness such, we were busy raining abuses . I mistaken the other solemnization going on indoor for our celebrants'. Little did i heard that '' they don cancel ur guy own' . This is prejudice!
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by Bigcake: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
femur5:
they family members nearly pull down the mini gate( that leads to location pastor quatres) with justified
annoyance. There was a serious drama and confusion. We guest have not witness such, we were busy raining abuses . I mistaken the other solemnization going on indoor for our celebrants'. Little did i heard that '' they don cancel ur guy own' . This is prejudice!
I blame the couple and not the Church.... I know both of them very well... the girl is a chorister in satellite town district... I know the groom too. they know their church doctrine and should have step out if they wanted to do they needful.... na their matter sha....
Re: Deeper Life Pastor suspends Wedding In Calabar by femur5(m): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2015
i wont blame the couple, i lay blame on their pastor and his commitee, they dont see beyond their nose. No wonder youths in their church marry outside. Bible said' thy rod and thy staff comfort me' . He and his commitee flaunt with' thy rod and thy rod'. How justified are they?. If he loses his members to my church( Bible-based). Let him not complain. He should hv not handled this matter with kid's gloves.

(1) (Reply)

You Can See Here:pastor WF Kumuyi Biography,net Worth,age,ministries | Families / How Can I Get To Igbogbo Ikorodu From Oshodi Under Bridge / •• 15 Popular Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings••

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.