Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? (3565 Views)

Rain Falling In Lagos / 'bush Baby' Real Or Myth? / Light Skin Females All The Way? Is This A Myth Or Is It Slave Mentality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by Oliseh(m): 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2005
I still try to say a prayer or make a quick wish when i see one.Do you?
Re: Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2006
You see them often? The moving lights I see in the sky usually turn out to be airplanes or helicopters!
Re: Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by retro(f): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2006
OH MY GOD! I saw a falling shooting star once from my house.
Re: Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by 2cantango(f): 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2006
I've seen them before.
Re: Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by gigitte(f): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2006
lol they arent falling stars they are meteor showers. when meteors get close to the earths atmosphere they get really hot and burn up, thts the bright stuff u see
Re: Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by soulpatrol(f): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2006
wow. im so glad somebody came up with this topic. ive been meaning to share my experience about falling stars.
well, when i was younger my folks said it was beleived that everyone had a star in the sky and that if it should fall, then it means that person is dead/going to die. well as kids, we were kinda intrigued especially me because i loved to hear $hit like that.  grin anyway, kinda forgot about, well until it happened in front of my very eyes. was looking out into the window one night when NEPA decided to act up usual, and what did i see just drop? a STAR! ok at this point i was excited and went running to my folks to tell them what i found. they joked and said maybe i was just seeing things (as per because i had an overimaginative mind). next thing i said was like 'didnt you tell me it meant someone will die or is dying at that moment"? they brushed it off still, and i was like "wait and see what will happen tomorrow". i said it so innocently, but lo and behold, one of my neighbours died the very next morning! for real. people be looking at me now like im a witch or sometthing.
anway, i really believe in it because ive witnessed it.  smiley

2 Likes

Re: Falling stars:A myth or legend.what do you think? by gigitte(f): 12:54am On Jul 28, 2006
omg, i cant believe this thread

if you want to see meteor showers, there are certain dates for them, so find out from your local astrologer.

we had a stargazing club at my high school, and we used to wake up to watch meteor showers and eclipses lol. boys and girls used to use to opportunity to lie together on the blanket and create their own falling stars

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Get’s So High In Club, That She Dance Exposing All Her Essentials In Public / Over 4000 Facebook Friends - Does This Make You Appear Cool? / Regina Daniels And Top Nollywood Actors Set To Storm Ebonyi State On June 15th,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.