Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? (669 Views)

Help! Google Doesn't Crawl And Index My Posts Automatically / What You Will Gain From Having A Blog / How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Dear Webmasters,

I need help, my SEO optimizer is saying that my www.nickzom.com/ and www.nickzom.com/index.html has the same title and description tag and I should make them different. I totally do not know how to do that.

If you know please tell me or rather us.

Thank You
Re: How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Danyl(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
I have some questions for you.
1. did u build the site yourself?
if the answer to no 1 is YES then you have to check your meta tag description attribute to correct that but I sensed you are using a WP installation. moreover you can make use of your canonical url to rewrite ur url for the 2 links ...com & .com/index.html
2. you can as well redirect your ...com to ..com/index.html on ur cpanel through 'redirect' that should solve your challenge.
Re: How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Danyl:
I have some questions for you.
1. did u build the site yourself?
if the answer to no 1 is YES then you have to check your meta tag description attribute to correct that but I sensed you are using a WP installation. moreover you can make use of your canonical url to rewrite ur url for the 2 links ...com & .com/index.html
2. you can as well redirect your ...com to ..com/index.html on ur cpanel through 'redirect' that should solve your challenge.

I am glad you replied. I am a newbie and I kinda need you to explain the canonical URL ** further please.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Danyl(m): 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nickzom:

I am glad you replied. I am a newbie and I kinda need you to explain the canonical URL ** further please.

Thanks
did u build it urself? assuming you used php assuming you used php for your homepage file extension all u have to do js add to the top of ur home page.

< ? p h p
header("Location:index.php" )(put a delimiter here
? >
canonical url is one you use to difficultiate 2 urls from each other if they serve the same or salmon d same content.

<link rel="canonical" href="put your home page url here" />
but this wont work for ur case since its not an issue of duplicate content but jjust title n description that is y I said redirect ur ...com/ to
com/index.html
Re: How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
Danyl:

did u build it urself? assuming you used php assuming you used php for your homepage file extension all u have to do js add to the top of ur home page.

< ? p h p
header("Location:index.php" )(put a delimiter here
? >
canonical url is one you use to difficultiate 2 urls from each other if they serve the same or salmon d same content.

<link rel="canonical" href="put your home page url here" />
but this wont work for ur case since its not an issue of duplicate content but jjust title n description that is y I said redirect ur ...com/ to
com/index.html

Yea I built it myself

My index is html. How can I redirect it?
Thanks!
Re: How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Danyl(m): 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nickzom:

Yea I built it myself

My index is html. How can I redirect it?
Thanks!
go to ur cpanel>>redirect>>enter the link http://siteident....com as the d url u r redirecting to >>http://siteident...com/index.html.
Re: How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 26, 2015
Danyl:
go to ur cpanel>>redirect>>enter the link http://siteident....com as the d url u r redirecting to >>http://siteident...com/index.html.

Confirm!!

Thanks brother it is all done.

(1) (Reply)

Bulk SMS Needed Urgently / How To Fix Driver Issues In Windows 10 / Partners Needed in an Upcoming Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.