Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,424 members, 7,861,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! (828 Views)

Can You Believe In God Without Religion ? / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / The Price Is Only Belief/faith In One Single God, Without Parnership. Buy It Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2009
[center] "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3[/center]

The Bible tells us that we were made in the image of God 'Gen 1:27'. What is God like as He has revealed himself? Since the Father is the only true God, it is my aim to bring out what I have understood about Him, to help others in a true fellowship with the Father & His Son.

This is a study not a debate! Therefore I welcome your questions on this matter whether you don't understand something posted here, or simply disagree with any point here.

[center]Only the holy scriptures will be used in this study![/center]
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2009
Question: How many Gods are there?

Answer:" And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:"
(Mark 12:32)

Answer "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" I Timothy 2:5

Question: Who does the scriptures say is this 'one God'?

Answer: "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and
we by him." I Corinthians 8:6

Answer"One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." Ephesians 4:6

[center]This is the message of the scriptures from Old to New Testament!
Please keep in mind also "Does it matter what I believe about God as long as I believe in Him?[/center]
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by KunleOshob(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2009
Well the bible aslo describes us as gods:

Psalm 82:6:

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage John 10:34:

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
We are already God.Everyone of us is God made flesh.I said God,not gods.In the singular.In the story of life,we are all just characters being played by one single actor,and that actor is the creator God.We just need to realize that to become higher beings.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2009
Hi KunleOshob

I am not sure if you have a question based on what you posted, but I will treat it as one.

Question: Psalm 82:6 says" I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most high."
               Does this mean we are EQUAL with the most High.

Answer: Psalm 82:6 says" I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most high."
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by KunleOshob(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

We are already God.Everyone of us is God made flesh.[/b]I said God,not gods.In the singular.In the story of life,we are all just characters being played by one single actor,and that actor is the creator God.We just need to realize that to become higher beings.
Does that include our brethren who don't believe in the existence of God?

Ahigherlvl:

Hi KunleOshob

I am not sure if you have a question based on what you posted, but I will treat it as one.

Question: Psalm 82:6 says" I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most high."
Does this mean we are EQUAL with the most High.

Answer: Psalm 82:6 says" I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are [b]children of the most high.
"

It wasn't exactly a question, it was more intended to be a contribution to the topic. Certainly we cannot possibly start even contemplating being equal to the most high, what i think the pslam does is to corroborate the genesis statement that we were created in God's image and likeness. (emphasis on likeness)
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by mnwankwo(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

We are already God.Everyone of us is God made flesh.I said God,not gods.In the singular.In the story of life,we are all just characters being played by one single actor,and that actor is the creator God.We just need to realize that to become higher beings.

How is it that we are God. How is it that we are the creator God. Cheers.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2009
Question: What is God like?

Answer: And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Mark 10:18

Answer: Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy
judgments are made manifest. Revelation 15:4
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

Does that include our brethren who don't believe in the existence of God?
Yes.Everybody.We are decieved that we are different individuals,but we are not.Our sense of individuality comes from the filter through our nervous systems which is false,just an illusion.We are all one single being,one entity,and that entity is God.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by KunleOshob(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

Yes.Everybody.We are decieved that we are different individuals,but we are not.Our sense of individuality comes from the filter through our nervous systems which is false,just an illusion.We are all one single being,one entity,and that entity is God.

Can you explain this your concept further? i know God breathed life directly in to the first man Adam in that regards man can be regarded as a manifestation of God, but i really don't understand the logic behind your concept
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2009
m_nwankwo:

How is it that we are God. How is it that we are the creator God. Cheers.
A sage makes a very simple but elucidating difference between the creator God and man.
He goes like this;
MAN = universal consciousness, plus mind,plus physical body.
CREATOR GOD = universal consciousness, minus mind, minus physical body.

Meaning that your subjective sense of self,the one that says and thinks that,"I AM",is God having an invidual,physical,localized,transient experience in your physical body and mind.

Most christians believe that there are individual consciousness or souls,or spirit in the afterlife,but that is false.There is only one consciouness and that is God.So when we die,the mind and the physical body seize to exist and what remains is the consciousness which is God,which is eternal and immortal.
There are no individual and separate souls or conscioussnesses after death or else Gos wouldn't be the alpha and the omega,would it?
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2009
Thank you for your request, I am posting my study topics as fast as I can, considering accuracy of my study.

As my Subject says we cannot become like God without a proper understanding of His revealed self.

The scriptures say " 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."
                                   Psalm 8.

So although man is made in the image of God he is a little lower than the angels which we know are lower than God the Creator.
 Eventually man will be called to a higher destiny. However the topic will be developed. Look out for the understanding of
"How our nature may once again become completely holy / righteous"
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

Can you explain this your concept further? i know God breathed life directly in to the first man Adam in that regards man can be regarded as a manifestation of God, but i really don't understand the logic behind your concept
I already made some further explanation in my previous post,but let me add that the breathing of life into a physical body,an avatar, is the universal consciousness(God) coming into physical being.This is just a kind of poetic way of saying the same thing by the bible scribes.
MAN is God made flesh,every man,the entire mankind,plus the animal animal kingdom,sea creatures,creatures of the air,the entire vegetation,the entire physical creation.They are all the manifestation of one same entity,the universal consciousness,God.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by KunleOshob(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

I already made some further explanation in my previous post,but let me add that the breathing of life into a physical body,an avatar, is the universal consciousness(God) coming into physical being.This is just a kind of poetic way of saying the same thing by the bible scribes.
MAN is God made flesh,every man,the entire mankind,plus the animal animal kingdom,sea creatures,creatures of the air,the entire vegetation,the entire physical creation.They are all the manifestation of one same entity,the universal consciousness,God.
When you use the term universe what exactly do do mean? are you refering to the whole universe? do you know how vast it is?? let me give you an idea, it as been established by astronomers that we have over a billion galaxies in the unverse, in these galaxies you have solar systems and planets. in our own (galaxy milky way) we have over a billion planets in short we have trillions of planets in the universe and planet earth is just like a speck of dust in the universe. My brother you cannot even start to imagine what universal consciuosness is cos it is unimaginable. the human mind is not capable of fathoming it.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

When you use the term universe what exactly do do mean? are you refering to the whole universe? do you know how vast it is?? let me give you an idea, it as been established by astronomers that we have over a billion galaxies in the unverse, in these galaxies you have solar systems and planets. in our own (galaxy milky way) we have over a billion planets in short we have trillions of planets in the universe and planet earth is just like a speck of dust in the universe. My brother you cannot even start to imagine what universal consciuosness is cos it is unimaginable. the human mind is not capable of fathoming it.
Yes,i am referring to the whole universe.Concerning the size of the universe,i am quite aware of how vast it is,but all that vastness is contained within the universal conscioussness which is the creator God.That is why it is said that God is both universal and unfathomable.But God is not unfathomable for the human mind,because we are continually evolving till we reach the point where we will comprehend the true nature of God,and that time is not too far away from now.
Besides,believe it or not,the vastness of the universe is only a mirage.The entire universe is contained within all of us,the conscious beings.So there is no need to make a big deal about the seeming vastness of the physical universe.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by KunleOshob(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

Yes,i am referring to the whole universe.Concerning the size of the universe,i am quite aware of how vast it is,but all that vastness is contained within the universal conscioussness which is the creator God.That is why it is said that God is both universal and unfathomable.But God is not unfathomable for the human mind,because we are continually evolving till we reach the point where we will comprehend the true nature of God,and that time is not too far away from now.
How do you know that time is not too far away from now? Or do you agree with certain groups of christians that preach we are now in the endtimes. grin
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by mnwankwo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
jagunlabi:

A sage makes a very simple but elucidating difference between the creator God and man.
He goes like this;
MAN = universal consciousness, plus mind,plus physical body.
CREATOR GOD = universal consciousness, minus mind, minus physical body.

Meaning that your subjective sense of self,the one that says and thinks that,"I AM",is God having an invidual,physical,localized,transient experience in your physical body and mind.

Most christians believe that there are individual consciousness or souls,or spirit in the afterlife,but that is false.There is only one consciouness and that is God.So when we die,the mind and the physical body seize to exist and what remains is the consciousness which is God,which is eternal and immortal.
There are no individual and separate souls or conscioussnesses after death or else Gos wouldn't be the alpha and the omega,would it?

Thanks for your explanations. I have more questions on your explanations. What is universal consciousness? What is the difference between universal counsciousness and manifestation of universal counsciousness? If this universal consciousness is God, why does it need transient experience in the mind and physical body? What is the difference between uncounsciousness, counsciousness, self counsciousness and universal counsciousness?How did the universal counsciousness create mind and physical body? If mind and physical body are not made of universal counsciousness, what are they made off and how did the universal counsciousness create mind and the physical body.

If the same universal counsciousness is present in man, fish, viruses, bacteria etc why is bacteria, virus, fish or plant so different from man. What is the purpose of universal consciouness in a deadly virus like Ebola virus or HIV. Craig Venter of the Craig Venter institute has recently created a synthetic biological virus as well as biological bacterium. Is universal counsciousness also present in these synthetic viruses?

What evidence do you have to show that their are no individual souls after physical death? Cheers.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2009
Greetings everyone.

This is a study based on scriptures. If you are not going to use scriptures or If you do not have questions based on the Bible, it defeats the purpose of what I am doing here.

Thanks for participating, and feel free to start a new forum topic if you wish to debate along some other line of reasoning.

Respectfully yours
Ahigherlvl
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

How do you know that time is not too far away from now?
I know that because there is a worldwide reawakening to spiritual and intellectual enlightenment and elevation.We are moving into a new era,a new age,a new eon of enlightenment in which mankind will know it's true nature,instead of blindly having faith in manmade dogmas.

KunleOshob:

Or do you agree with certain groups of christians that preach we are now in the endtimes.
The endtimes is the end of the old era.An old era ends and a new one is ushered in.So,in a way,they are right about endtimes,but it is in their terminology and interpretation of that term that is an error.
I once linked a video clip about the coming new earth in one of the threads.Maybe you did see it.If not,here it is again,THE NEW EARTH - ECKHART TOLLE
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Ahigherlvl(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2009
Greetings everyone.

This is a study based on scriptures. If you are not going to use scriptures or If you do not have questions based on the Bible, it defeats the purpose of what I am doing here.

Thanks for participating, and feel free to start a new forum topic if you wish to debate along some other line of reasoning.

Respectfully yours
Ahigherlvl
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by jagunlabi(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2009
m_nwankwo:

What is universal consciousness?
There are many ways of saying what it is,even though it is not an easy thing.The way i understand it is that it is the life force of all that is in the physical universe.An ocean of self-aware being that underlies all physical creation in all it's diversity.
Some scientists describe it as the coexistence of all possibilites,hence giving it the power to manifest just about anything in the physical.
I will simply describe it as the life force,the ocean of existence from which all things arise.The simultaneous superposition of the spirits of all things.Because it is something that is so abstract in it's purest nature,it is difficult to define.Atleast one now knows why those ancient people had to creaze a form in other to be able to comprehend it.
m_nwankwo:

What is the difference between universal counsciousness and manifestation of universal counsciousness?
The universal consciousness does not get manifested,but it manifest sthe entire physical creation within itself.It is not separated from it's creation,so we exist in God,and God exist in us.The created and the creator are inseparable.I know the christian,jewish,and islamic traditions teach the exact opposite.That The creator is separate from the created,which is an error.
m_nwankwo:

If this universal consciousness is God, why does it need transient experience in the mind and physical body?
Interesting question.The answer to which still lies in the future.I can only give my own views of why i think God needs to experience physical realities.
Perhaps to be aware of it's own self?God(universal consciousness,UC) is the only thing in existence.So,who is to confirm and validate this existence outside of God?Nobody.So,i think,the physical creation is one way of the UC looking back at itself through the eyes or perception of conscious beings like us,humans to validate it's own existence.God becomes aware of itself through the minds and the physical bodies of conscious beings like us,humans.
For example,when you look at nature,that is God looking back through your eyes,your being,at itself,which is the nature.The same thing happens when you look at another person,maybe your wife or your girlfirend,or your father,that is the UC looking back at itself,thus confirming it's own existence.
Another possible reason is the continuous seeking of more knowledge by God.Perhaps God is a knowledge junkie that needs to know more and more everytime to become even more powerful,more allknowing.So,in a way,God is also evolving like everything else.What better way to learn vast amount of new things than to create a physical universe and experience it through untold number of conscious beings,all going infinite number of vastly different experiences?There are 6 billion plus humans on this planet,plus untold numbers of all forms of animals.Imagine God being in each and every one of them experiencing all things at the same time.That is the ultimate in interactive learning,wouldn't you think?That is why we are all precious beyond belief to God.
One can think out other reasons,too,but this will only be mere speculations,conjectures,but something that is fun to play around with.
m_nwankwo:

What is the difference between uncounsciousness, counsciousness, self counsciousness and universal counsciousness?
Unconsciousness,as i understand it,is a state of unawareness.If you loose all your 5 senses of perception(sense of sight,smell,touch,taste,and hearing),you become unconscious because you are no longer aware of anything.If you are placed in the middle of the road and a ten ton truck hits you,you won't know the difference,hell,you won't even utter a sound let alone a scream of pain,because you won't feel a thing.You are unconscious.
Consciousness,i believe,is a state of awareness with all your 5 senses and beyond,depending on how developed or evolved your consciousness is.And consciousness creates.Our being aware of something,or observing something,anything, creates something for us to see.
m_nwankwo:

If the same universal counsciousness is present in man, fish, viruses, bacteria etc why is bacteria, virus, fish or plant so different from man.
All these,as physical manifestations,have to be different from man in other to have vastness of diversity in the physical creation which will then create different experiences for the UC.The experience the UC has within man will be vastly different from the one it will have in,say,a fish or bacteria.All are experiences and it only enriches God in kowledge through real time experience.Variety is the key.
m_nwankwo:

What is the purpose of universal consciouness in a deadly virus like Ebola virus or HIV.
To experience.
m_nwankwo:

Craig Venter of the Craig Venter institute has recently created a synthetic biological virus as well as biological bacterium. Is universal counsciousness also present in these synthetic viruses?
Yes.Those viruses and bacteria are mere avatars,vehicles for experiencing the physical world.How else do you think that God can get to be so damn smart as to be considered as allknowing?
m_nwankwo:

How did the universal counsciousness create mind and physical body?
I have no answer to this question.
m_nwankwo:

What evidence do you have to show that their are no individual souls after physical death? Cheers.
The only evidence available to man at the moment is the discovery of the unified field by scientists,which is what i referred to as the UC,here.
Thousands of experiments have been conducted over the decades to prove the existence of this field,so it is now a reality that truly is.It is no longer a theory.And,according to these experiments,it is the only thing that is out there,and we are all in it.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by Bobbyaf(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2009
@ AHigherlvl

Greetings everyone.

Respectfully yours
Ahigherlvl

That is like asking a donkey to talk, grin These guys are conditioned to debate, albeit without purpose sometimes.
Re: You Cannot Become Like God Without A Proper Understanding Of His Revealed Self! by mnwankwo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2009
@Jagunlabi

Thank you for your aswers. I would have raised some more questions on your last post but will not do so on this thread. The poster of this thread wants only bible based discussions and I respect that. Maybe you can open a new thread on Universal Counsciouness. Stay blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Today's Inspiration - A Greedy Spirit / What Star Means / You Should Be The Change!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.