Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 (1032 Views)

Nigerian Military Delegates Inspect Assorted Weapons & Rifles In Pakistan. PICS / Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency / Heatwave: Soldier Guarding Prince Charles Collapses. This Is Terrible! See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by igbokwesampson(m): 6:18am On Jun 25, 2015
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/morgues-overflow-in-pakistan-as-heatwave-toll-nears-800/

Is this the End Time? Please pray for Pakistan

The death toll from a severe heatwave in southern Pakistan is edging towards 800, with the threat of more deaths to come as temperatures remain unseasonably high for the fourth consecutive day, officials have told Al Jazeera.
At least 775 people have died of heatstroke, dehydration or other heat-related illnesses in Karachi, the country’s largest city, since Saturday, according to government figures.
“The mortuary is overflowing, they are piling bodies one on top of the other,” said Dr Seemin Jamali, a senior official at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, the city’s largest government hospital.
“We are doing everything that is humanly possible here,” she said, adding that since Saturday, the JPMC had seen more than 8,000 patients with heat-related symptoms. Of those, 384 patients had died, she said.
“Until [Tuesday] night, it was unbelievable. We were getting patients coming into the emergency ward every minute,” she said.
Among those who have died, most have been either elderly or poor, officials say.
On Wednesday, the grounds outside the JPMC’s Emergency Ward are teeming with people, many seeking relief goods such as blocks of ice, cold water and juices from one of the many aid tents that have sprung up here overnight. Inside the ward, the crowds have begun to lessen.
“Mostly people coming here are facing heatstroke and they are old people. Their ages are around 45 to 50 years old, so the older they are, the more serious problems they are facing,” Junaid Ahmad, a volunteer, told an agency.

Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by volterra(m): 6:24am On Jun 25, 2015
This one na wa oh.
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Na to go start cold pure water business there oh

1 Like

Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 25, 2015
May Allah, in His infinite mercy, help the people of Pakistan

1 Like

Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Cheii! It will be very difficult to combine the effects of heat wave with fasting in Pakistan.

2 Likes

Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2015
Qiewz11:
May Allah, in His infinite mercy, help the people of Pakistan
after all these damages u still has the guts to utter these nonsense u just said now..

Am sorry to say this but i prefer the devil to ur allah.....although both doesnt and will never exist..
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 25, 2015
May Allah make it easy for them up there.
With temperature at more than 400 degree celsius, cople with fasting, though not compulsory for them again in this time of hardship. Mehn that's to tell yhu that Naija own na beans at just 36-37 dc.
Alhamdulillah
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by natas22: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by mistabiola: 7:08am On Jun 25, 2015
May their soul rest in peace and May Almighty God be sufficient to heal the ones in the hospital. Amen

1 Like

Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Segunod(m): 7:15am On Jun 25, 2015
This kind of news clearly shows us why we should be greatful to God as a Nation. Nigeria has never experience a major disaster over year. Ebola wey try us self, we quench am. I imagine how our country would have been a safe heaven for everyone if not for corruption and bad governance.
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by JAkpayen(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2015
abuayman:
With temperature at more than 400 degree calcium, cople with fasting, though not compulsory for them again in this time of hardship. Mehn that's to tell yhu that Naija own na beans at just 36-37 dc.
Alhamdulillah
400° "calcium" And the whole place didn't roast. The highest observed there is 44° Celsius. Some northern part especially Yobe experience high temperature almost at this level during hot season.
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2015
abuayman:
With temperature at more than 400 degree calcium, cople with fasting, though not compulsory for them again in this time of hardship. Mehn that's to tell yhu that Naija own na beans at just 36-37 dc.
Alhamdulillah
"400 degree calcium" ?
Why piling the dead bodies? I think Muslim does not keep dead body?
My heart goes to d affecting families and Pakistan people

1 Like

Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by bukason212(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2015
i am nt surprised. wat goes around, comes around. d blood of d innocent will surely hunt them.
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Vikkie14: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2015
Hell On Earth.

The guy claiming "400¤ CALCIUM"(i dont know where he got that from) don't know what he is saying. If Pakistan is experiencing 400¤ Celcius, i believe Everyone should be dead by now, the nuclear bombs should be exploding by now, gas stations and petrol depots should be on fire by now, houses should be cracking up now, Human flesh should be peeling off and Nuclear reactors should be malfunctioning now. Vehicles should be melting from the scourge of heat.

All these aint happening and someone is claiming its 400 degree celcius.

I wish the pakistanis Peace and Rain(yeah they need it)
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Sahabg(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2015
Vikkie14:
Hell On Earth.

The guy claiming "400¤ CALCIUM"(i dont know where he got that from) don't know what he is saying. If Pakistan is experiencing 400¤ Celcius, i believe Everyone should be dead by now, the nuclear bombs should be exploding by now, gas stations and petrol depots should be on fire by now, houses should be cracking up now, Human flesh should be peeling off and Nuclear reactors should be malfunctioning now. Vehicles should be melting from the scourge of heat.

The temperature is about 40-43 centigrade in Sindh province only and the death toll is high because of dehydration due to fasting in Ramzan
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2015
Vikkie14:
Hell On Earth.

Sorry bros, na so I hear am from aljazeera. Maybe I no hear am well well
Re: Morgues Overflow In Pakistan As Heatwave Toll Nears 800 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
krattoss:
after all these damages u still has the guts to utter these nonsense u just said now..

Am sorry to say this but i prefer the devil to ur allah.....although both doesnt and will never exist..
I don't how you think or how your brain works (i.e if you have any!), i suggest you do more of a mental upgrade before quoting me again.

If you can't say something reasonable, you should just hibernate.

(1) (Reply)

Ikorodu Robbery: Who Do We Blame? / When Will Biafrans Leave Akwa Ibom Alone? Huh? / Seven Northern States Ready To Battle Boko Haram – NGF Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.