Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. (19154 Views)

IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha / Garba Shehu Get Your Records Straight- Niger Delta Avengers / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Twistaray(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
sweetgala:

The only tribe that should be shouting blue murder over the last government are the Yoruba, but we were quiet and through politics and coalition got a better bargain when the time was right.

The Igbo had a chance and an equal invitation to the feast that birthed APC few joined but because of hate of the Hausa APGA decided to stay with the loosing side. Even now the few Igbo interests in APC are being sabotaged by their fellow clansmen, ask Okorocha and Ngige their story has been one of enemies on all flanks.

What more can be done to accommodate the igno which has not been , during the shagari days Igbo were absolutely favoured while the Yoruba had nothing but still we kept it together and waitied for our time.

GEJ government was controlled by Igbo all round and you dare come here and accuse Nigeria of short changing you.

You have the chance of having an Igbo president come 2019 but stupidity would not let you see it. How can that be Yoruba or Hausa fault

Thank you for the bolded.
Yeeeboo are just being greedy if you ask me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Sighs. Bunch of noise makers

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by CHM11: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
chuna1985:

We already thought about all that. But wen war becomes inevitable, All a Man can do is prepare.
Exact Same words Ojukwu used.

I believe war can be avoided in this situation.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by PentiumPro(f): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Why shouldn't I be angry when everything about you is writing trash.
How can I be happy when my people are treated differently in a place they called their country.

the difference between Igbos and Yoruba is tha Yorubas can accept being in servitude all his life but an average Igbo is republican and always like to excercise his liberty.

Why is it that its only in East that reprisal attack alway occur in Nigeria whenever this bloodshed in North but other regions remain calm while others play Ostrich of "we are not affected".

Igbos are not happy being in servitude, get that into your head, look at how the Gambaris have turned you minority in your majority party and your here still talking while Biafra is a bad idea.

Am angry and I must bare my heart.

Nigeria is built on injustice, inequality and impunity.

When you are through, you will go and look for akpu to eat. A hungry man is a angry man.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Joenz(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I want to start by saying that I am not in support of Biafra or any attempts to break Nigeria but decided to do this write up because of some comments I read on nairaland lately. I am not in support of war and bloodshed; I am a man of peace and justice.

Nigeria will not survive a second war. Any other full blown war would lead to the complete disintegration of Nigeria and here are my reasons:

The Igbos lost the Biafran war because we had to take on the rest of Nigeria largely alone, the North and SW fought against us supported by parts of the SS. The Nigerian military was heavily armed by the Soviet Union and Great Britain and had a limitless supply of weapons. We had no access to the sea and our people were starved to death which swelled our casualty figures.

Unlike in 1967, the SS will not give Nigeria the kind of support it did during the Biafran war. A lot of SS people are not happy with Nigeria and many are already calling for a referendum, some are even calling for outright war with Nigeria so that they can break away. The SS have realised their errors in frustrating the Biafran agenda and would do all they can to help ensure the collapse of Nigeria should another war break out. They might not join the Igbos, but they would give all their support to end this union first so that they might be on their own instead continuing to bear the dead weight of the Fulani from the North.

The people of the MB will not join the core north this time to fight against the Igbos. These people are being systematically wiped out by the invading fulanis who are planning to annex their lands for cattle grazing. I have personally interacted with a lot of MB people and they are full of regrets about their role in the civil war. In the event of another war, the MB will rise up against their killers from the far north. If the Fulanis continue to kill the MB people at the current rate, then it is a matter of when not how they would eventually wipe out the MB people and take their lands.

The Yoruba would not want to be involved in any fight against the Igbos again especially if the Eastern army makes no advance towards the west like what happened during the last civil war in the march to librate Lagos from northern occupier army which had occupied the west. I am not a Yoruba man but I doubt very much that the Yoruba would willingly just jump into battle to assist the core north. The Yoruba would do all they can to try and stay out of any fighting and would prefer to be on the fence. They might however be forced into the war from either flank.
The Nigerian military is currently tied down in a frustrating battle against boko haram in the NE. Boko haram has international dimensions to it and might not end any time soon. There are foreign powers that want Nigeria to split and these powers would ensure that with a full scale war, Nigeria breaks into different parts. The Nigerian military will not be able to fight on two or three major fronts because even the military itself will crumble considering the fact that our soldiers are drawn from the various tribes. The Fulani soldiers would be isolated; the Igbo and SS soldiers would withdraw to defend the East, Yoruba soldiers would withdraw to defend the West and the MB soldiers would use the opportunity to vent against their killers.

At the end of the day, there might not be much fighting before the centre crumbles and Nigeria breaks to parts. The Igbos lost in the 1967-1970 civil war but a repeat war would yield a completely different result and that result would be the end of Nigeria.

This is a message for all those writing rubbish on nairaland, running their mouths and boasting that we would be defeated in another war. I thought I should open this thread to set the records straight for those that cannot see the writings on the wall and not to create an avenue for tribal fighting.
Dear Op,what is wrong with you guys?y are u guys so blinded with emotions?y d cry all the time?are u d only group in Nigeria?y do u always want things to go your way alone?y are u blackmailing d whole Nigerian state with secession wen u will gladly stay if u are offered d leadership of d country on a platter?You went to war d last time because of d ambition of one man,u av started again by shamelessly attacking other tribes in ur region wen u av legions of ur kinsmen scattered all over d country,if such folks are attacked in retaliation,will genocide,do u take others for fools or what exactly.Ohaneze youths are already treathning war because of Ekweremadu,y do u always view everything from d tribal side?well,u av written beautifully about how Nigeria will not survive another civil war but pls,have u thought that d Igbo tribe might not survive another war?Remember you have made enemies out of every other tribe with your relentless,unprovoked attacks and name-calling.To every action,thr must be a reaction,why not think it through before you declare another war that you can't tell how it will end?Peace out mehnn!

5 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
CHM11:
Exact Same words Ojukwu used.

I believe war can be avoided in this situation.
Who will avert it.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
harde2lah:

Who cares? When you're ready to start the war, bring it on. We will be glad to smash your Biafra into smithereens once again. I hope Nmadifool will not run away just like ojuukuu

lmao!!!

Yoruba insisting that igbos must be part of Nigeria, lwtms.

U guys r really scared ooo. U know u can't do without us ..

#COWARD

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by CHM11: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Who will avert it.
All of us!!!..every single Nigerian.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
No one is stopping you from actualizing your dream.

4 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mulattoclaro(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
The igbos are a greedy bunch who want to control and dominate other ethnic groups and when they see they're not given the chance to they start crying of marginalization. I've always known them to sore losers and cry babies. All this noise making simply cos Gej lost to buhari. I'm from the South South and I really wanted jonathan to win. But let's tell ourselves the truth cos the truth they say is bitter. What did Gej do they actually requires him being reelected? Igbos need to stop disturbing this country otherwise what happened to them in the civil war will be a little compared to what will hit them now.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by tonychristopher: 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I want to start by saying that I am not in support of Biafra or any attempts to break Nigeria but decided to do this write up because of some comments I read on nairaland lately. I am not in support of war and bloodshed; I am a man of peace and justice.

Nigeria will not survive a second war. Any other full blown war would lead to the complete disintegration of Nigeria and here are my reasons:

The Igbos lost the Biafran war because we had to take on the rest of Nigeria largely alone, the North and SW fought against us supported by parts of the SS. The Nigerian military was heavily armed by the Soviet Union and Great Britain and had a limitless supply of weapons. We had no access to the sea and our people were starved to death which swelled our casualty figures.

Unlike in 1967, the SS will not give Nigeria the kind of support it did during the Biafran war. A lot of SS people are not happy with Nigeria and many are already calling for a referendum, some are even calling for outright war with Nigeria so that they can break away. The SS have realised their errors in frustrating the Biafran agenda and would do all they can to help ensure the collapse of Nigeria should another war break out. They might not join the Igbos, but they would give all their support to end this union first so that they might be on their own instead continuing to bear the dead weight of the Fulani from the North.

The people of the MB will not join the core north this time to fight against the Igbos. These people are being systematically wiped out by the invading fulanis who are planning to annex their lands for cattle grazing. I have personally interacted with a lot of MB people and they are full of regrets about their role in the civil war. In the event of another war, the MB will rise up against their killers from the far north. If the Fulanis continue to kill the MB people at the current rate, then it is a matter of when not how they would eventually wipe out the MB people and take their lands.

The Yoruba would not want to be involved in any fight against the Igbos again especially if the Eastern army makes no advance towards the west like what happened during the last civil war in the march to librate Lagos from northern occupier army which had occupied the west. I am not a Yoruba man but I doubt very much that the Yoruba would willingly just jump into battle to assist the core north. The Yoruba would do all they can to try and stay out of any fighting and would prefer to be on the fence. They might however be forced into the war from either flank.
The Nigerian military is currently tied down in a frustrating battle against boko haram in the NE. Boko haram has international dimensions to it and might not end any time soon. There are foreign powers that want Nigeria to split and these powers would ensure that with a full scale war, Nigeria breaks into different parts. The Nigerian military will not be able to fight on two or three major fronts because even the military itself will crumble considering the fact that our soldiers are drawn from the various tribes. The Fulani soldiers would be isolated; the Igbo and SS soldiers would withdraw to defend the East, Yoruba soldiers would withdraw to defend the West and the MB soldiers would use the opportunity to vent against their killers.

At the end of the day, there might not be much fighting before the centre crumbles and Nigeria breaks to parts. The Igbos lost in the 1967-1970 civil war but a repeat war would yield a completely different result and that result would be the end of Nigeria.

This is a message for all those writing rubbish on nairaland, running their mouths and boasting that we would be defeated in another war. I thought I should open this thread to set the records straight for those that cannot see the writings on the wall and not to create an avenue for tribal fighting.

This is nice analysis and might end like this ...but wait what is the position of middle belt in case it happens
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by tonychristopher: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
mulattoclaro:
The igbos are a greedy bunch who want to control and dominate other ethnic groups and when they see they're not given the chance to they start crying of marginalization. I've always known them to sore losers and cry babies. All this noise making simply cos Gej lost to buhari. I'm from the South South and I really wanted jonathan to win. But let's tell ourselves the truth cos the truth they say is bitter. What did Gej do they actually requires him being reelected? Igbos need to stop disturbing this country otherwise what happened to them in the civil war will be a little compared to what will hit them now.

Can you explain how they want to dominate other groups ...igbos are Republican when u say greedy bunch look at those that practise monarchy ...what then will u call Fulani that took over ilorin

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by BDSMangela(f): 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ibos should shut the f/ck up already and go back to Biafra. There is no one stopping you cannibals. Just go back to iboland

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Dbboy(m): 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
i love biafra but my IGBO brothers fail to learn, that action are elicited by interest and when billions are dangled at you a hardcore enthusiast/ ally would leave you for his own interest even the so called SS and gullible NC. another factor that would count who would have the backing of at least 3 super power and we all know the north are favored in that aspect as the west see them to be easily manageable than other region.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mandarin: 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

All what you wrote up there does not address my analysis in any way, come up something more intelligent then we can go on from there..

Thank you.
In starting or winning a war you need strategic allies, dependable media, and staunch diplomacy. The Niger Delta which should be Igbo closest allied is not assuring you 100% that they will be part of,any Biafra and you need to bring them in but that won't still guarantee you success.There is a new trend in international energy diplomacy as United States seek more freedom to take unilateral decisions on international events without getting hurt by reactions from the Arabs world and possible oil war from Russia.As at today, Shell is planning investing in Iran meaning that Saudi is being checkmated and so prepare for a much lower oil prices. Apart from the oil in the Niger Delta what are your economic target for starting another war?
If you think oil is sufficient, the whole world is trying to wash its hands off dirty oil, sinking money into war in order to secure oilfields isn't that promising like years preceding 2014. The worst thing is several countries now have oil and gas and will simply fill in the gap if there is trouble in Nigeria.
Lets do a couple of scenario analysis; lets say you start another round of war with some reluctant allies in Niger Delta, how so you intend to woo the Yoruba who have natural allies across the border into Benin Republic and can reach out diplomatically? How do carry wealthy Igbos with investments worth billions elsewhere im Nigeria along, what do you intend to do if the Niger Delta groups decide to pull out at critical times?
My brother, lets seek confederation or regionalism, we can have a separate nations within a bigger Nigeria and the Igbo identity can thus be preserved

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by wirinet(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I think Nigeria would survive a second war, just like it survived the first one. In fact I think Nigeria would eventually come out stronger after a second war just like Europe became stronger after the second world war. This is because there would be only one common enemy just like the first time.

Yes there are issues between the two other major tribes and minority tribes but the Hausa/Fulanis are masters of political compromise and diplomacy. I am sure they would negotiate and compromise (and even bribe) the oil producing minorities for support against the successionists. What will the successionists offer the oil producing minorities?

Even the international dynamics would still be the same as the first time. UK, france, EU, and most AU members would still support Nigeria, not to talk of the Arab League. China and Russia would use the situation as a bargaining chip against the US as they did in Iraq, Libya and Sudan. A food blockage would still cause massive starvation as the south east do not produce enough food to feed its population.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ikeyman00(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
@@
and at the end Biafra is coming
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by BDSMangela(f): 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dbboy:
and gullible NC..
He no go beta for you and your tribe for this stupid statement.

The North Central is gullible yet the current Senate President and the immediate Senate President are from the North Central.

The North Central is gullible yet they have produced three Nigerian Head-of-state who ruled Nigeria for a cumulative period of eighteen years.

You claim to be wise but your useless tribe is still begging for Biafra. Stupid boy !

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by carnegiefan: 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
OP, I know you mean well. Like you, most Igbo (including myself) would prefer a peaceful disintegration of Nigeria. Any sane Igbo that has sat down to really think about Nigeria, and is courageous enough to tell himself/herself the truth will come to the same conclusion: Nigeria can only give us slavery, or death!

Here's why: We are only allowed to live when we agree to be slaves -by never contesting presidential elections,and always supporting non-Igbo candidates to rule. Once we seek to lead, or elect someone we really want (for whatever reasons) who is not from the North or SW, we are killed for it. Notice how people breathed a sigh of relief that Jonathan lost, and Buhari won? People (usually Igbo of course) would have died in the North had Jonathan defeated Buhari. Now imagine if Jonathan were an Igbo man!
What shall we tell our kids when they grow up to start asking why they are slaves in a fake country?
On top of the fact that Igbo cannot reasonably contest presidential elections without losing limbs and lives, we are systematically trapped in SE. Our lands have been stolen and seceded into a fake zone called "SS" just to keep the division intact and subsurface.

But a time will come (my fear is that it may have come already with a Nnamdi Kanu radio Biafra) for the Igbo to fight again.
One thing I can agree with you is that it will NOT be like 1966, BUT it is not for the same reasons you give. Only a foolish Igbo will plan another war by hoping on what others will do. Let me remind you that Igbo is a 40 million nation. All we really need to do is raise an army - totally VOLUNTEER army of about 1 million, and I can tell you that we will succeed in forcefully leaving Nigeria. Infact the experience of the last 48 years in Nigeria is all the experience we need to defeat whoever is trying to stop us this time.
The gang up against us was possible because the gangers knew that they could safely do so and get away with it. If they knew that they won't get away with it, they dare not try it. All we need is a fearsome volunteer army (not conscript army), and we shall be free.

People ganged up on Biafra in 1967 because she had a very weak and poorly armed conscript force. Nobody wants to ever align with a destined loser of a war.
So, lets pray for peaceful separation, but be reasonable in prognostication.
All these are my 2 cents opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by carnegiefan: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Another (and perhaps the most important reason) why this time things will be better for the Igbo is the large Igbo diaspora. If it ever gets to war, they can fund the war by investing up to $2-5 billion every year (and they can do so forever if need be!) to arm those fighting for their freedom from the Nigerian slavery.
And above all, the war will NEVER stop until Biafra is liberated, because losing is not even an option for Igbo this time. cool
Conversely we can simply wait for Nigeria to go bankrupt soon because of poor oil earnings. Once that happens, to you tents o Israel. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Duru1(m): 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
harde2lah:

Who cares? When you're ready to start the war, bring it on. We will be glad to smash your Biafra into smithereens once again. I hope Nmadifool will not run away just like ojuukuu

You have written like a glorified dumbass drunk.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by bukster(f): 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
I think your analysis a bit faulty.
The Biafran war started off as just a war between the North and the SE. The SW didn't join until after the Biafran soldiers started moving to the west. The MB only helped the north because Igbo groups killed their leaders. The SS helped the Nigerian soldiers because they were treated badly by the Biafran soldiers. People didn't turn against Igbos because they hated them but because of certain actions the Igbo leaders took before and during the Biafran war. Even Cameroon which initially helped Biafra later aided in the embargo because of the way they were treated by Biafra.

If Igbos want to secede through war or otherwise it is better to make as few enemies as possible. If Igbos make the same mistakes again, history would just repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Duru1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
wirinet:

I think Nigeria would survive a second war, just like it survived the first one. In fact I think Nigeria would eventually come out stronger after a second war just like Europe became stronger after the second world war. This is because there would be only one common enemy just like the first time.

Yes there are issues between the two other major tribes and minority tribes but the Hausa/Fulanis are masters of political compromise and diplomacy. I am sure they would negotiate and compromise (and even bribe) the oil producing minorities for support against the successionists. What will the successionists offer the oil producing minorities?

Even the international dynamics would still be the same as the first time. UK, france, EU, and most AU members would still support Nigeria, not to talk of the Arab League. China and Russia would use the situation as a bargaining chip against the US as they did in Iraq, Libya and Sudan. A food blockage would still cause massive starvation as the south east do not produce enough food to feed its population.

Nigeria has not fully recovered from the first civil war. The anemic picture of today's Nigeria is due to the civil war. The intended second civil war will validated the first civil war.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by wirinet(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Duru1:

Nigeria has not fully recovered from the first civil war. The anemic picture of today's Nigeria is due to the civil war. The intended second civil war will validated the first civil war.

Can you please expantiate on the above. Nigeria recovered fully from the civil war within 10 years. By 1977, Nigeria's had so much money that she decided to host the whole of Africa in a Jamboree. Even Gowon Boasted that money was not the problem, how to spend it is. The problem we have today is a cummulative effect of greed, avarice and vanities of our leaders (Biafrans included) and the seeming helplessnes of the people.

A second civil war will only be bloodier and more viscious than the first one because the hatred on all sides is much more intense than the last time, no thanks to the struggled for power at the centre. But i truly cannot see how the result would be different.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Dbboy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
[quote author=BDSMangela post=35152067] He no go beta for you and your tribe for this stupid statement.

Rulling does not make you wise you can take a clue from GEJ and what you posted proved my hypothesis right, but your insult are duly noted.

![/quote
]
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by BDSMangela(f): 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
carnegiefan:
OP, I know you mean well. Like you, most Igbo (including myself) would prefer a peaceful disintegration of Nigeria. Any sane Igbo that has sat down to really think about Nigeria, and is courageous enough to tell himself/herself the truth will come to the same conclusion: Nigeria can only give us slavery, or death!

Here's why: We are only allowed to live when we agree to be slaves -by never contesting presidential elections,and always supporting non-Igbo candidates to rule. Once we seek to lead, or elect someone we really want (for whatever reasons) who is not from the North or SW, we are killed for it. Notice how people breathed a sigh of relief that Jonathan lost, and Buhari won? People (usually Igbo of course) would have died in the North had Jonathan defeated Buhari. Now imagine if Jonathan were an Igbo man!
What shall we tell our kids when they grow up to start asking why they are slaves in a fake country?
On top of the fact that Igbo cannot reasonably contest presidential elections without losing limbs and lives, we are systematically trapped in SE. Our lands have been stolen and seceded into a fake zone called "SS" just to keep the division intact and subsurface.

But a time will come (my fear is that it may have come already with a Nnamdi Kanu radio Biafra) for the Igbo to fight again.
One thing I can agree with you is that it will NOT be like 1966, BUT it is not for the same reasons you give. Only a foolish Igbo will plan another war by hoping on what others will do. Let me remind you that Igbo is a 40 million nation. All we really need to do is raise an army - totally VOLUNTEER army of about 1 million, and I can tell you that we will succeed in forcefully leaving Nigeria. Infact the experience of the last 48 years in Nigeria is all the experience we need to defeat whoever is trying to stop us this time.
The gang up against us was possible because the gangers knew that they could safely do so and get away with it. If they knew that they won't get away with it, they dare not try it. All we need is a fearsome volunteer army (not conscript army), and we shall be free.

People ganged up on Biafra in 1967 because she had a very weak and poorly armed conscript force. Nobody wants to ever align with a destined loser of a war.
So, lets pray for peaceful separation, but be reasonable in prognostication.
All these are my 2 cents opinion.
sweet nonsense.

You lot need to stop deciving yourselves. Nobody stopped an ibo man from contesting and winning a presidential election in Nigeria. Your political miscalculation and shortsigthedness have always been your undoing.

After the civil war, in the 2nd republic, nnamdi azikwe an ibo man contested in the presidential election and he lost, partly because the winner, alhaji shehu shagari, made another ibo man, alex ekweme his vice presidential running mate. It was this same shagari that granted amnesty to ojukwu in other to win the ibos support at the polls.

In the fourth republic, ojukwu, the greatest ibo man that ever lived, contested for the presidency twice and he lost woefully on both occasions, why? Because his ibo kinsfolk didnt even vote for him. You 'v also had five different ibo senate presidents viz:

evans enwerem
chuba okadigbo
adolphus wabara
ken nnamani
pius anyim

what did you make out of their tenure? Werent they all kicked out of office with the aid of their fellow ibo senators?

In the last election, didnt Chekwas Okorie, an ibo man contest in the election? Una vote for am? No be una talk say jonathan na una son?

Now about the Biafra war wey una wn fight? When did ibo industralists like arthur eze, emeka offor, ifeanyi ubah, cosmos maduka, innoson, ibeto etc say anything about Biafra? When did ibo politicians like ike ekweremadu, stealer oduah, willie obiano, ifeanyi ugwanyi etc say anything about Biafra?

Nobody is going to take your Biafra nonsense serious as long as you have online miscreants like nnamdi kanu championing your agitation. Nobody will take your threat serious as a national security threat as long as you continue to attempt attacking yoruba owned churches(Deeper Life - Kumuyi) instead of military installations, police stations etc

5 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by bakila: 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
zendy:

So in essence, the unity of Nigeria is by brute force?

And you wonder why Igbos should not secede?
They have a right to secede if they want. Attack Kumuyi from the teachings of Kanu is ethnic hate.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by bakila: 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
bukster:
I think your analysis a bit faulty.
The Biafran war started of as just a war between the North and the SE. The SW didn't join until after the Biafran soldiers started moving to the west. The MB only helped the north because Igbo groups killed their leaders. The SS helped the Nigerian soldiers because they were treated badly by the Biafran soldiers. People didn't turn against Igbos because they hated them but because of certain actions the Igbo leaders took before and during the Biafran war. Even Cameroon which was initially helped Biafra later aided in the embargo because of the way they were treated by Biafra.

If Igbos want to secede thorough war or otherwise it is better to make as few enemies as possible. If Igbos make the same mistakes again, history would just repeat itself.
Frank, concise and to the point.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Ruffychuks: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
pazienza:
If we assume that SW will remain neutral in any conflict between the East and North, then we must be repeating ojukwu's mistakes.
If we assume we will get the support of the non Igbo groups in the Eastern region, then we must not have learnt from history.

If we assume the middle belt will not team up with the Hausa-Fulani again, then we must be pathetic.

If our plans of winning the Biafra war 2.0 depends solely on any other group other than us, if we don't have a plan A to D that don't involve direct help from any other non Igbo group, then the Biafra war 2.0 won't be any different from Biafra war 1.0.
too much sense. I need gv u one crate of orijin
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Ruffychuks: 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Idrismusty97:
We want another civil war please! This time it would be all or nothing! Finally we shall have access to the sea, The SE would be one state and the different areas like Anambra, Imo etc would be ruled by Emirs. Our children will grow up to called the SE their land....It would be renamed Nyamiri. The Igbo's would be minority in their own land. Please just start the war already! Nigeria may not survived another civil war but Arewa will! This would simply be an expansion of the Northern territory provided you fire the first shot. Thanks
u r a total fooool, I blame u not I would hv drilled u if u said such in my face. eediot

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by DonXavi(m): 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nigeria need to separate amicably because we are not a nation. We can do that without resulting to war.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Largeese(m): 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
you guys love to make noise on nairaland. even people with no jobs making choices for others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku: Igbos Won’t Allow Buhari, APC Deceive Them With 2023 Presidency / Pictures As Atiku Touches Down In Gombe / Police Statement About Protest In Ughelli (Videos And Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.